• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
There are some compromises you just don't make!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Hey, the french aren't that bad.

Okay, they are, but still! Some compromises do have to be made!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So... Link's Lazy Lurking Listen Laugh Lounge? I miss the Le already...
MOAR COMPROMISES! Lets see, uh... I cant think of more.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
The "Le" thing only annoys me due to the fact I'm studying French at the moment. I'm not a fan of rage comics, but otherwise it doesn't bother me too much.

Also, that "open for challenging over Wifi" thing I said to LordXavier is open to anyone now. I NEED the experience. D: Even if it means getting my butt handed to me.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
*le shrug*

Anyways, I'll be available any time today so give me an hour's notice or something and I can meet you in the Xat/WiFi you.

"You" being anybody who is interested in this today.

Rizen

Smash Legend
What times are we thinking? Include time zones too. http://www.worldtimezone.com/ I'm UTC-7 (MST). I have stuff but I can move it around to be flexible.
I usually get good connections with the MW, WC, North Mexico and South Central Canada.

TBH I've been stressed and not playing super well. Maybe I can pull it together.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Huh. Xat isn't working for me right now. But anyways we can always set things up via a conversation (PM).

I'm MST as well, and again, available anytime today with some prior notice so that I can get on and see the message in time.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Huh. Xat isn't working for me right now. But anyways we can always set things up via a conversation (PM).

I'm MST as well, and again, available anytime today with some prior notice so that I can get on and see the message in time.
Or you could always you know, get skype. :l

Rizen

Smash Legend
Xat reset but now it's working. I can play now if anyone wants.
My avi pic got size reduced :(

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Just played some great games with Ano and Xavier. I certainly learned a lot, despite only using Link once... I feel like I underestimate my skill with him, sometimes.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
He's certainly not a totally helpless character. You can do more with him than you realize.

Also, Xavier's sonic sucks because it is too slow and my charizard has proved itself once again to be a beast. Get at my pokemon training skills, folks.

Xavier, we need to do link dittos sometime though.

And SD'ing via ff dair is awesome. That is all.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I MISSED THE COMMUNITY LINK SMACKDOWN!:cry:
Can anyone maybe play today? Pehaps? And to think I was carelessly watching a movie then >.>

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Well, there's one down... and to think I LITERALLY missed the entire Link community!
Also, I have an off topic question. What's your avatar supposed to be? It reminds me of ice cream + cotton candy... :p

Rizen

Smash Legend

When I first got photoshop 5.5 I only had 4 sample pics to work with. So I made that^. (minus the watermark)

I'm just in a bad mood right now. I can't make myself play seriously and keep sandbagging :urg:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Well, I'm here now if you're interested. <.< lol

Hopefully I'll have the results of the tourney up soon, but I did not do well at all. I lost to the guy who got 2nd place (not bad imo) and then I lost to a spammy Zelda who just beat me psychologically. I went Lucario that set, and after pondering I've come to realize that that was very foolish of me: I could have beat the Zelda with Link's zair! :glare: Way to not go my main and best character when it was a favorable MU and a situation I could have taken care of more easily.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
I ended up getting 2nd. Lost to the fastest character in the game once again.... So close in GFs tho... got first set shut down at least.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Anyone know about the Sonic MU? Managed to get 1 stock off a campy one today, but had no idea how to approach him.
Sorry, can't help you there. All I can really suggest is using a **** ton of bombs and boomerang. Other than that... I honestly don't know. Got any tips, Anonano?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Sonic Matchup is hard as. He's extremely hard to hit and really boring to play against too. Probably one of my least liked matchups.

What's everyone's most favorite match up and least favorite matchup?

Match ups that I do like:
Any fat/tall/slow character. :cool:

Match up's that I hate: Everyone else. :secretkpop:

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
I know all about the sonic MU.... the best thing to do is NOT approach he has to eventually. You should be trying to bait and read all of his approaches with your projectiles and multiple ranged attacks. Nair and bairs are your best friend in the MU.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyone know about the Sonic MU? Managed to get 1 stock off a campy one today, but had no idea how to approach him.
Like X said Sonic must approach. But if you attack be sure to start close enough to sonic's spin that it will hit or he can simply wait and punish the ending lag. Smaller stages benefit Link because Sonic can fake approaches and cancel spins into grabs and stuff. Sonic's spin (when powered) eats uncharged arrows/boomerang and can roll under forward bomb throws :urg: . Link should SH/Jump around spamming and cover landings with bombs/Zair.
Spam Sonic and he will have a hard time landing good attacks if you play it safe. Only attack him with the tip of Link's reach and no farther. Sonic has decent range with Ftilt/Bair/Uair/Fsmash but Link has better. Link's FF Nair is a great combo breaker.

Sonic can gimp Link really well. Sonic's only real KO moves are Bair which he likes to setup with spindash hit>sh Bair, Fsmash (just don't underestimate the reach), and Uair which shouldn't be hard to avoid with FF airdodges. Avoid these setups and be careful to stay onstage and Link will live forever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzaP6UTkwGk

Be patient. Sonic is great at punishing bad spacing and cooldown lag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBXBnEt9_nE

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
What's everyone's most favorite match up and least favorite matchup?
My favorite matchup... probably Ganon :chuckle: But Snake, Ike, Marth, Ivysaur, and Samus are really fun too.

Least favorite: :metaknight:

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Yeah a good Sonic is going to want to time you out or make you think he is. So in that case you want to make sure you maintain any lead 1% or more and keep baiting all his possible approaches and counter reacting. This is similar to a game of pinball where you have to read this blue ball zooming around all over the place but constantly wanna keep hammering him away until he is safely in a KO percentage where he will be a bit more nervous.

Sonic can gimp Link if you allow him to grab edge fast or get offstage to you for a spring. If you react fast enough he shouldn't be able to do anything about it tho. He has most trouble killing Link as his favorite KO moves will be bair (fairly obvious), fsmash (very laggy but the fist has a pretty disjointed reach and he can angle it up or down, uair shouldn't be getting you we have a dair which will make him fear going for it and a few other options as well and lastly a dsmash which is fairly weak just remember to DI up.

My favorite MUs: Ditto, Zelda, Ganon, Samus, Ike, ZSS, Peach, Sheik, Snake, Diddy Kong, Wolf, Marth and Pit (In said order)

Least favorite: Falco, MK, D3, IC, Wario and Sonic.

Rest of the cast I am neutral on.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Just based on the MU's I've played before...

My favorite MU's: Ganon, Ike, Snake, Marth, and Bowser

Least favorite MU: :dk: and I would put MK had I actually faced a decent one before. :/ And does anybody even play DDD anymore? :|

Top Bottom