• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Launching the initiative, (Last day for interview questions)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
For those who don't know, I've been given the responsibility to make these boards more productive and given the title of Discussion Leader. This in no way means I have any urge to "oppress" or anything lol. I do feel though that I have an intrinsic duty to fulfill when given this opportunity. As some of you might know, I've been thinking of making several depth-ful discussion threads, some of which will be in-depth MU threads (lots more detailed for some of the biggest characters Lucario has to face and will keep tabs on recent improvisations on other chars' metagames), they'll be essentially tactical versions of some other productions that have been made in the boards, which means they will be much more tourney worthy and such. Others might include minimizing weakness and things like that. There's just one thing I'm afraid of if I make some of these new tactical threads/discussions : activity. No matter how strong a thread's information is, if it's a discussion thread, it needs community support. I will only continue with this if I see that the lucario boards/players are up for it, otherwise I might as well just WoT a guide out (which I'm sure wouldn't nearly be as effective), and I'll be "interviewing" pros on the matter of these MU's, tactics, etc., so that those who don't want to come onto smashboards are comfortable giving their opinion and we can benefit from that knowledge. I like the idea, but it needs to be carried by more than a few, which if all goes well, I won't have to make deadlines or anything like that (I personally hate deadlines about something like this when it should really come from careful observation and reporting).
Are the boards and players who invest in Lucario's game willing to put a little more effort and in return flex their understanding of their character and flourish? Or will it dwindle?

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea as well. I find it much more effective to discuss strategies/mindgames against characters rather than just what physical advantages one character has over the other.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Not a Lucario player, but I'd like to say...

Don't forget that half the activity on a MU discussion comes from other the other characters' mains.

Make a post in the FAQ thread, or the Social thread, or PM a big name and ask what s/he thinks on the matter. You'll get much better results, and if the discussion starts with some good points from respected players, or well thought out points from names that haven't yet "made it", im sure more players would be willing to jump into discussion.

Facilitate good debate, and more good debate follows =]. Don't get off topic, use the social thread for that. Nothing turns me off a thread faster than 2 kids talking like they own the board about some completely unrelated game or activity.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I like the idea,

but with 3 Honor classes I'm not sure if I could be too active ):

perhaps we could dig up that doubles discussion thing [that I failed at] from the grave <3

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
It's gonna dwindle.

How can we really start discussing mindgames and strategies, when we don't even know our own character? We need to take care of frame and hitbox data, including shieldstun and shield drain while factoring aura before we can talk about how to beat other characters.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's gonna dwindle.

How can we really start discussing mindgames and strategies, when we don't even know our own character? We need to take care of frame and hitbox data, including shieldstun and shield drain while factoring aura before we can talk about how to beat other characters.
We do need to do this eventually.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's gonna dwindle.

Way ahead of you :D
Actually, I've been trying to get in contact with some people to help me on this one (like Shanus), but I've yet to get a response. I heard you have access to this sort of thing Kita. Would it be asking too much to PM/AIM/IRC me some of the info that you find via hacks?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Too lazy, and my wii is being repaired, so I can't do it right now. =\

iirc, shields have 175 frames of health naturally (70 HP and -0.4 per frame). I guess you could use that as a starting point if you get the debug code to test shield drain.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'll probably need to get in contact with some of the highest placing lucarios via AIM/IRC/etc. to set up for chats/interviews. Getting a scoop of the other side sounds good too, although that will probably be slightly tricky, since many haven't played against lucario at a high level of play. Still, I'll work on that too.

Trela

Smash Lord
Disciple, sometime we need to talk about our Match-Up Videos D:

And Phil, just PM me when you need to talk to the Lucario master, me!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think I'm going to start with MK MU questions to give. This is where the community comes in. I have some basic, generic questions that I'll ask obviously, but I want to know what the community wants to learn from the MU. Remember to make these questions more contrite and interview-worthy, so that they can be more effective and so we can squeeze out a more broad and solid answer! I have for sure an interview date with Azen starting Sunday, and hopefully some more to follow, so speak up!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
(info being wrong is possible, so its up to you to see if the Aura Cap changes with Stock +/-)

Tedward: if we are down stocks the cap is lower
[01:06am] Nefarious: oh i see
[01:06am] Stauffy: It is?
[01:06am] Stauffy: News to me
[01:06am] Linkshot: Yeah.
[01:06am] Tedward: yep
[01:06am] Linkshot: 1 stock is like instant 50%
[01:06am] Stauffy: I was pretty sure it was just a flat increase
[01:07am] Tedward: 50%??
[01:07am] Linkshot: The cap is also HIGHER when we're ahead.

K guys, Find when exactly the aura caps when stocks are different.

Up 2 Stocks: %max
Up 1 Stock: %max

Down 2 Stocks: %max
Down 1 Stock: %max

Personally I don't know this, and I'm use the general cario's do not know either. Useful info could be useful.
-t2

Browny

Smash Hater
uhhh, i dont think thats the case :/

always been like damage = (stock standing buffer) * (lucario's %'s buffer) * base attack damage @ even stock, 0%

if its different thats a bad thing :( Cant really test atm...

Zucco

Smash Master
Why does it matter? Knowing your stat cap to the exact percent isn't going to help you win more. -_-

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
im honestly more interested in the Falco MU...

i really need to know what we can do about the lasers.... if you could ask Azen this phil that would be awesome

cuz thats pretty much the entire reason why i hate fighting Falco, as i said in the MU export, and it's ultimately whats screwing me... lasers->something

Mace.

Smash Rookie
I have some about the MK MU. What's the best way to approach? Should we bair when recovering? What's our best OoS option? Is BAS camping viable? Is F-Smash too slow in this matchup? Is our fair outclassed in this MU?

Just a few questions to kick it off ;)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I have some about the MK MU. What's the best way to approach? Should we bair when recovering? What's our best OoS option? Is BAS camping viable? Is F-Smash too slow in this matchup? Is our fair outclassed in this MU?

Just a few questions to kick it off ;)
This is a start. Pile on some more people, I want to have an accumulation. Think also of tactical questions, like "What will MK usually do in given scenario?" Remember, this is information you would want to hear from Azen on what you could do on your next big mm/tourney or whatever, so keep thinking!
Remember, this is Azen we're talking about.

Mace.

Smash Rookie
Excellent.

In that case, I notice that meta will approach aerially if we wall with F-Smash. Should we U-tilt following F-Smash to punish this, or is it too punishable? Does meta have any *weak spots*? eg with Lucario his weak spot would be behind him, under the hitbox of Bair, he can't do too much.

I'll have more questions as they come to me. And I'll be much more active in about 2 months time, just got exams atm. But this is a wonderful idea. And after exams I'll help as much as I can.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
We have discussed how to beat tornado and shuttle loop, but getting Azen's opinion wont hurt...

Oh and uh, what i would like to ask azen are stuff like
How the heck can you get back onstage in 1 piece?
What will a metaknight do if the tables get turned and he's losing?
How much use does AS have in guardbreaking MK?
If the fight takes to the air, whats the safest way to get down?

EDIT- more questions.
whats the safest way to score a kill?
whats the best way to harass a recovering metaknight?
how can you stop an approach?
is Dair viable in stopping MK?
How can we stop Planking/airplanking?
Why do you fsmash so much?

Trela

Smash Lord
Yoll need to ask Zucco some questions about MK. He knows his MK MUs :D

MY most knowledgable MU is probably Diddy, so.....sweet.

Zucco

Smash Master
I lost to a Metaknight yesterday Trela. Granted he did get second place and beat Adhd, Atomsk and a bunch of others I guess, I still lost. D= The one thing I really need to figure out against metaknight is where to take him. After beating Shadows Wario he brought me Delifino with his meta and I got him to 100% last stock, but next game I brought him to PS1 and got 2 stocked. normally I would have picked yoshi's but Ksizzle told me against meta its a bad choice. If only Japes wasn't banned here. Oh yeah I also played Ally yesterday who took me out of winners, It was a good learning experience to say the least. I gotta stop rolling behind snake, one of my bad habits.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I lost to a Metaknight yesterday Trela. Granted he did get second place and beat Adhd, Atomsk and a bunch of others I guess, I still lost. D= The one thing I really need to figure out against metaknight is where to take him. After beating Shadows Wario he brought me Delifino with his meta and I got him to 100% last stock, but next game I brought him to PS1 and got 2 stocked. normally I would have picked yoshi's but Ksizzle told me against meta its a bad choice. If only Japes wasn't banned here. Oh yeah I also played Ally yesterday who took me out of winners, It was a good learning experience to say the least. I gotta stop rolling behind snake, one of my bad habits.
Keep him on neutral stages. Best bet would be FD or something of the sort. The main issue about MK is that he is fairly good on pretty much all the legal stages available, so it really comes down to what stage you feel most comfortable with. Avoid smashville, for the common sense that it is MK's best neutral for plenty of reasons.

Zucco

Smash Master
Anybody with a brain will ban FD against Lucario. next time I'm gonna try battlefield I guess.

Edit: o and RJ, I beat your boy Bleachigo in tourney this time, with Ness.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Anybody with a brain will ban FD against Lucario. next time I'm gonna try battlefield I guess.
That also depends lol. Lucario does well on most stages too, not to mention that he does pretty well on YI as much as he does FD. Most people would rather play FD against him if it came down to that choice.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Keep him on neutral stages. Best bet would be FD or something of the sort. The main issue about MK is that he is fairly good on pretty much all the legal stages available, so it really comes down to what stage you feel most comfortable with. Avoid smashville, for the common sense that it is MK's best neutral for plenty of reasons.
Speaking of which, Ksizzle in his videos vs. M2K went to SV TWICE, including after losing and being able to CP. Why?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJg-hEVfrgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=one6GKskr2M&feature=related

iRJi

Smash Champion
Speaking of which, Ksizzle in his videos vs. M2K went to SV TWICE, including after losing and being able to CP. Why?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJg-hEVfrgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=one6GKskr2M&feature=related
His personal preference. he likes the stage, doesn't matter who's on it lol. its also to many people their favorite neutral, and feel most comfortable on it. Of course, that is just me saying what he might be thinking from the outside. Ask him and see what he says lol.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Norfair is the only stage that I beleive can be remotely called a bad stage for MK.

As for questions against MK.

What is the best way to get back on stage against an MK? What can Lucario do against MK if he planks other than Dair? What is a safe way to stop Mk from Dair camping you? What are good approach options? What is the best way to punish Dsmash?

Trela

Smash Lord
What's up guys? Imma go ahead and post my little wall of text in here other than a new thread lol. It's about me :D

Let me start with my website. As I have stated to a couple of my friends, I will NOT be creating a website. I have realized that this website will only hurt the Lucario Community and confuse many players. I'm also a lazy bum lol so that wouldn't of worked out that much anyways. Even if it worked out, it was still a bad idea. I was just wanting to help in some sort of way :( but I now have other plans...

These other plans are not what some of you be thinking of (new boards and crap). My new plan is to stay. Here. With yoll. And help. I always thought that these Boards would never return to normal state, but I was proven wrong! Yoll have been doing an awesome job lately, and hopefully it'll get even better around here.

I hope to get many things accomplished, like old/new threads coming back/in, a totally awesome Video Thread, and a new Lucario Guide created by me, with some help from a few others. There's NO way, NO way I'm finishing that **** alone lol.

So, sweet.

To start, I will be making a thread called Lucario Travel Plans. This thread is for discussion about Tournaments and where you can plan to meet with other Lucario players. This should work out to be an awesome thread, since I've been wanting to meet some of yoll for a pretty long time! After that, Imma find smething out to do with my Backroom. It's like dead D:

Now, if you will excuse me, I've got work to do. Yeeeeaaaah!

=Trela=

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Moar question pl0x. I might/might not pass some of them on to other procarios I interview later as well.
I think the last day to submit questions is Wednesday, maybe Thursday.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What can we do about MK's ground game? All of his tilts come out fast than ours and our option to outrange it, Fsmash, can be punished with a power shield to dash grab.

Top Bottom