• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

last third party character.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much summed up all your stupidity in this post. I can't believe people actually believe more post count and being here longer makes you somehow, more right. This is disgusting. Gtfo.
I wasn't basing your inability to make an intelligent post (without flaming) on the fact that you've only been here less than a month. I was basing it on your inabillity to make an intelligent post.

And post count means nothing, BTW.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I wasn't basing your inability to make an intelligent post (without flaming) on the fact that you've only been here less than a month. I was basing it on your inabillity to make an intelligent post.

And post count means nothing, BTW.
yes, and you oh god of smart one, is the sole judge of intelligence.

tell me, how can you judge someone's intelligence when you lack it yourself?..:confused::ohwell:

BOZO500

Smash Journeyman
geno, hmm i heard alot of him, my friend is totally phycho when it comes to him, i persoanlly dont know much about him, but with what people say, hes a good candidate? mine was cool to, didnt eat much though, i was kinda sick, haha

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well everyone seems to call down when the subject matter switches to thanksgiving.
"Thanksgiving Turkey for Brawl!" :p
Really, he'd be such a cool character... And definately third party since Nintendo owns him in no way.

Anyway back on topic.
Doesn't it also seem funny that many of the popular 3rd party characters seem to have a name ending with "man"? (Megaman, Bomberman, Rayman, Pac-Man)
I still say Megaman has the biggest chance because of sheer popularity along with a Nintedo history, but... Thinking about how much Sakurai loves retro... Wouldn't that increase Pac-Man's chances?
I sure would love to see a stage based on Pac-Man though, that'd rock so much.

Whatever happens though, I dare bet that the last third party character will have a name ending with "man." :p

As stated before I'd love to see Klonoa in Brawl but considering both Klonoa and Pac-Man are Namco property... I think Namco would be more likely to put Pac-Man in Brawl rather than Klonoa. Because of both of popularity and retro-ness. ("If" Namco is even gonna contribute anything that is)

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
hey, remeber forum debates back in the 90's?

"I say good sir, this bomberman character might be good for this here melee game"
"Good sir, I value your opinion, yet I diagree on the value of his inclusion."
"I respect your opinion, my good gentleman, and I think we can agree to disagree!"
"I think we can, my fine Gentleman"
*Shake hands*

"Want to pick up chicks on AIM?"
"Sure, I've been looking for some ****, good sir."

Ahh... those were the days. Anyway, I think you should do what is described above, (save the last part), and move on.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
Well everyone seems to call down when the subject matter switches to thanksgiving.
"Thanksgiving Turkey for Brawl!" :p
Really, he'd be such a cool character... And definately third party since Nintendo owns him in no way.

Anyway back on topic.
Doesn't it also seem funny that many of the popular 3rd party characters seem to have a name ending with "man"? (Megaman, Bomberman, Rayman, Pac-Man)
I still say Megaman has the biggest chance because of sheer popularity along with a Nintedo history, but... Thinking about how much Sakurai loves retro... Wouldn't that increase Pac-Man's chances?
I sure would love to see a stage based on Pac-Man though, that'd rock so much.

Whatever happens though, I dare bet that the last third party character will have a name ending with "man." :p

As stated before I'd love to see Klonoa in Brawl but considering both Klonoa and Pac-Man are Namco property... I think Namco would be more likely to put Pac-Man in Brawl rather than Klonoa. Because of both of popularity and retro-ness. ("If" Namco is even gonna contribute anything that is)
As I have been saying, there will most likely be more than 3 Third Party characters. I expect Megaman to be the next.

I would personally LOVE to see Pac-Man. Honestly, if we got the Big Dots as items, I would DIE with laughter. Pac-Man FTW...

...and also Black Mage....

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah! Big dots FTW!

And yeah I could see Black Mage being implemented in the game...
A moveset would be very very easy.
There's your basic fire, thunder and blizzard spells. And recovery move could be something like aero.
Yeah Black Mage would fit, although I'm not getting my hopes up too much, I definately agree that he would fit.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Banjo & Kazooie. I know it won't happens, but I can't think on a better character for the game.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Id love Banjo to.

megaman = bomberman.

why?

megaman is more popular but bomberman has better bisnuess relations.

that is my opion

sorry for the crappy spelling.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Since he appeared in wario, that means he must be in?
I never stated that he must be in just because of his appearance in that title.

There are MANY other companies that have better franchises, and have been around MUCH longer then bomberman. And no, it wouldn't be just straightforward. You have no idea what Hudson wants. Then again, neither do I. Basically, stop with all the ridiculous generalizations.
Can I ask what better third party franchises then Bomberman you believe exist? Apart from Megaman?

@ Tobi - I'm not going to flame, or use sarcastic comments. It's clear you disagree with me and that you think all those points I posted about Bomberman bare no significance. I just want to ask what you think constitutes as a valid reason for a character to be included in Brawl.

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
John Cena.
No...
Sakurai technically never said there would be 3 3rd party characters. He said "After Snake, there will be 1-2 more 3rd party characters, approximately." Really, it could be just Sonic and Snake, not to burst anyones bubble. But if theres another, I'm hoping for Megaman.
The thought of a match between Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Snake would bring a tear to my eye :smile:
And if there was FOUR (lol... wishful thinking), I would want Sora or Rayman.

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
John Cena.
No...
Sakurai technically never said there would be 3 3rd party characters. He said "After Snake, there will be 1-2 more 3rd party characters, approximately." Really, it could be just Sonic and Snake, not to burst anyones bubble. But if theres another, I'm hoping for Megaman.
The thought of a match between Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Snake would bring a tear to my eye :smile:

ahh see i like you! most people are being dumb and thinking theres two more third party characters left... hah! and what good choices! i never thought of sora... now i want him! (but i still love rayman)

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
John Cena.
No...
*slap*

He said, QUOTE "1-2 more character, maybe?"

For all we know, that means there will be what we have now, or I am guessing up to 5, MAYBE 6.

If you want to see the logic to how I got to this, see this thread I made, but it seems to have been overlooked by most...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124890

ahh see i like you! most people are being dumb and thinking theres two more third party characters left... hah! and what good choices! i never thought of sora... now i want him! (but i still love rayman)
*slap*

See above.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Megaman is the far most likely.

and goshdarnnit, he doesn't have to be the LAST 3rd party character. sakurai was making an estimate when he said "about 1-2 more 3rd parties."
which means sonic could have been the last one :b

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
idk i just can see megaman being the next 3rd party on the dojo. im not a megaman fan or anything, he just seems like the most logical choice.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
I can see why people would think Megaman would be in due to the demand he got early on (second only to Sonic, who, as we all know, is now in. And maybe Geno), but honestly, I've lost all interest in Megaman, both in his games, and as an iconic character. I see him as a has-been tbh. He's memorable as a character for what he's brought, but it was never on as large a scale as characters like Mario, Link or Sonic.

True, Sonic's games have recently been in the crapper with games like Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006, but as far as I'm concerned they did nothing to hinder the pure charisma and personality that made Sonic as iconic a character as he still is (even with the still-crappy voice of Jason Griffith, he's still the same character at his core). Megaman never had those assets to his character IMO, and he suffered from it.

And the truth of it is that the rising demand for Megaman to be in Brawl was what got me thinking about this whole thing and what made me realize how much interest I lost in Megaman altogether. A little ironic, I know, but I'd call it more of an epiphany.

With all that said and done, I will admit that I do see Megaman as being a likely choice solely for his past achievements, which is probably the primary asset to take into account when adding third party characters ('cept for Snake I guess since he was requested by Kojima to be in Melee due to Kojima and Miyamoto apparently being good acquaintences).

Cless

Smash Champion
I dunno, I still like Megaman games. There really hasn't been one that I out and out didn't like. Though Zero is way overpowered in X5 and X6.

rblair

Smash Cadet
Isaac isn't 3rd party...:ohwell:
I thought I heard somewhere that they would have problems with getting isaac or any golden sun char because the ownership wasnt with nintendo but with squareenix, but i dont remember too well and could be totally wrong:psycho:

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
*slap*

He said, QUOTE "1-2 more character, maybe?"

For all we know, that means there will be what we have now, or I am guessing up to 5, MAYBE 6.

If you want to see the logic to how I got to this, see this thread I made, but it seems to have been overlooked by most...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124890

*slap*

See above.
gasp!!! i was slaped! but i see what your saying... but most of us take the "maybe" part as maybe ill do one more... not maybe as in i could have a bunch of third party chars and none of you would expect it! either way we'll never know till Feb 10th... till then i assume most of us will be negative.

_Slick_

Smash Ace
I don't want stupid Megaman! I WANT PHOENIX WRIGHT! It'd be interesting to see how they plan out his moves. =] But yeah, he'd be so much better than Megaman 'cos he's a friggin' lawyer. ^_^;;

Now, seriously, I do want PW in but his chances are VERY SLIM.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I think Megaman would be the best candidate cause he rocks socks.
He rocks so much, they even called him "Rockman" in japanese games. Seriously.:cool:

I'm replaying Bomberman 64:Second attack on n64 emulator(never finished), and although it is a good game, I just don't seem him being in brawl.

I pretty much only wanted sonic in brawl. Now that he is in, I dont really need to ask for anymore.

I say my favorite Megaman X games were X3-X4. Fighting and kill Megaman's girlfriend iris, then killing his buddy double, and killing his friend colonel...Then taking out the president leader who is 20 times the size of megaman...then finally fighting a served sigma head who shoots metal blocks at you.

ah, good ol days. but im going off topic now :ohwell:

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
i wonder... what do you guys think of rayman? i only liked two of his games and that was the 1st two... i could see him in brawl... even if he isn't as popular.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
I like the character but why are so many people sure that Megaman is the most likely last 3rd party character?

Tobi-

Smash Ace
i wonder... what do you guys think of rayman? i only liked two of his games and that was the 1st two... i could see him in brawl... even if he isn't as popular.
rayman being in the game would make it seem really...odd. it wouldn't feel like a all-star nintendo game anymore. it would just feel like they threw a bunch of characters in.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, Iris was Zero's girlfriend, and she came out of nowhere. She was in those sweet GBC games though. The Colonel was Iris' brother and Zero's rival. He didn't really have much to do with X. Actually, Zero had a ton of stuff going on in that game.

If Megaman gets in, I don't really care after that. I love Megaman, almost as much as Sonic, but not quite. In fact, I used him the most in Namco X Capcom, well on the Capcom side. I actually used Stahn, Rutee, and Judas the most, but that's for another time.

Winder

Smash Rookie
Umm, it doesn't matter that Ubisoft loves Nintendo. If Nintendo doesn't want Rayman in, or if Nintendo doesn't like Ubisoft, then Rayman isn't getting in.

Besides, nobody wants Rayman in.
Well, that's not neccesarily (or however you spell it) true. Some may. I don't think he will, actually. I'm just saying he would get in if Nintendo wanted him.

Top Bottom