• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

last third party character.

PIT_IS_BACK

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman: Why?

Megaman: Um, why would Capcom, who is currently a big supporter of Sony let this happen?

Cloud: Just because he in one game on one Nintendo system does not make him a possibility

Sora: See "Cloud"

Simon Belmont: What Frogla said

Geno: Wouldn't know, don't even know what game he's from.

Shadow: Possible, but he will probably be an AT if anything.
Capcom a big supported of Sony? Are you high?

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman could happen since Hudson is on Good terms with the N
Megaman could happen because Capcom loves money, and isn't so staunch (sp?) a suporter of Sony (or M$ for that matter) that they haven't made games for the wii, or ignore the free advertising that Megs, and a Capcom AT could bring

Cloud and Sora have a possibility on a technicality. It's not big, but it's there

Belmont: see above

Geno: is owned by Square, is from SMRPG, and has made a few cameos in stuff like M&L superstar saga.

Shadow: see above

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Megaman = fan service
Sora/Cloud = why?
Shadow = yes he is bad *** (my fan service)
Bomberman = ... boring
Pacman = ... wtf are you on?
Geno = it's a puppet!
Simon = ??? who simon cowell?!

Boofer

Smash Ace
Either Megaman, Geno or both. I really think that at least one of those two are going to be in. My only fear about Megaman is that he'll be half samus half kirby. For that reason I think Geno would make a more interesting character, even though I'm a Megaman supporter. Then again they could just abandon mega man's ability to copy the powers of other smash bros and just give him powers from the games, but which would they give him?

Now, if I was to go based on a character that I would want regardless of how likely he is I'd say Sora. Yes, I know people loathe Sora, but I loved the Kingdom Hearts games. I also think he would fit in perfectly (better than snake) because his design is a bit cartoony. Do I think he'll be in the game? NOPE.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Megaman ZX Advent for the DS?
Resident Evil 4/Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii

the phoenix wright games for the DS

Capcom'll go where the money is. If there's money/advertising in letting Megaman in Brawl, they're not gonna say no if Nintendo pops the question

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Phoenix Wright is also a Capcom game with an allience of Nintendo so i would laugh if Phoenix Wright was either a stage or assist trophy *OBJECTION*

Frogla

Smash Ace
Bomberman: OH LOOK AT ME I ATTACK WITH ONLY BOMBS.
Oh of course heaven forbid we let in a charachter thats whole moveset is based off of throwing bombs. Reminds me of a moveset thats based around Spinning *cough*Sonic*cough*

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
if megaman isnt the 3rd 3rd party character i AM going to kill myself.. lol
I'm not gonna lie, I'd kill you if it'd help Megaman's chances to be in Brawl.

Only X though, all the other ones look a little... "dainty"?

I don't even know a whole lot about him, but he's cooler than what some people want the other 20 character slots to be filled with I'm sure. (Cptn Olimar and Tom Nook? seriously?)

Tony_

Smash Ace
Oh of course heaven forbid we let in a charachter thats whole moveset is based off of throwing bombs. Reminds me of a moveset thats based around Spinning *cough*Sonic*cough*
With Sonic you can at LEAST get innovative with his items. With Bomberman, you can't really. All he does to attack is throw bombs.

Frogla

Smash Ace
With Sonic you can at LEAST get innovative with his items. With Bomberman, you can't really. All he does to attack is throw bombs.
I beg to differ give me a second and ill make some specail moves.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
there's an Angel that hasn't been a Nintendo title since the Game boy. and he only had a couple of game. There's another pair of confirmed characters that have only been in a nes title

Geno comes from an RPG, with enough skills that could be worked into his moveset
Better reason please...

Frogla

Smash Ace
B- Bomb- Bomber man pulls out a Bomb, Press A to throw it.(This move is chargeable so the longer you hold it down to pull it out the better it works) What is cool about this bomb is that is Blast varies on how long you hold it and where it explodes. Just like the Bomberman games it will make a cross shape explosion in the air, but on the ground where it is blocked by something it will make whichever cross shape is applicable. The longer you charge it the more damage it does and the farther the cross reach is.

Side B- Roo Ride- Bomberman pulls out a Roo and rides it like Warios Chopper By pressing the standard B Bomberman can do the Roos move. And can get off by pressing Side B again.
Roo Moves
Keroo-ey
=======================
- His special ability is kick bomb.

=======================
Gyaroo-ey
=======================
- Her special ability is kick boulders.

=======================
Haneroo-ey
=======================
- His special abilty is to jump extremely high.

=======================
Magicaroo-ey
=======================
- His special ability is put a row of bombs out.

=======================
Maroo-ey
=======================
- His special ability is too dash at high speeds.

Down B- Remote Bomb- Same as Bomb except Explodes by Pressing Down B again.

Up B- Roller Skates- Lets loose a blast from Skates heading upward and then once he hits the ground moves quickly.

finalark

SNORLAX
Okay, Geno is from Super Mario RPG, square and Nintendo teamed to make it. Cloud, Sora, and all of the other square characters have were original and purely Square made.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
No offence but they are kinda rip off of over brawl character moves....

Maroo-ey = Fox side special

Haneroo-ey = Sonic up special

Magicaroo = Link's bomb move

finalark

SNORLAX
Okay, I don't think anyone is going to disagree with me but Sony and Square are really tight with one another and if you have forgotten, Sony is Nintendo's rival right now.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
You've obviously never played the Bomberman games, so you'd do well to STFU. If you want a good Bomberman moveset, go to the official thread instead of spouting off idiocy.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Final Fantasy remakes, Chocobo Dungeon, KH, and Crystal Chronicles and allowing use of Geno in any way for some DS games say otherwise . They patched/are patching there relationship with Nintendo.

Frogla

Smash Ace
No offence but they are kinda rip off of over brawl character moves....

Maroo-ey = Fox side special

Haneroo-ey = Sonic up special

Magicaroo = Link's bomb move
Well there ripping of these guys cause that was there effect in Bomberman World 3
Which BTW came out before Smash Bros

You've obviously never played the Bomberman games, so you'd do well to STFU. If you want a good Bomberman moveset, go to the official thread instead of spouting off idiocy.
Are you dissing my moveset? My moveset may not be the best but its good. For some reason i dont like the official thread. All of its B moves revolve around Bombs. And i have played a Bomberman game and thats not what hes all about.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Are you dissing my moveset? My moveset may not be the best but its good. For some reason i dont like the official thread. All of its B moves revolve around Bombs. And i have played a Bomberman game and thats not what hes all about.
What are you talking about? I wasn't even talking to you. Look who I quoted.

And how do you not like the official moveset? Of course it revolves around bombs--he's freaking Bomberman. Having elemental powers for his moves is stupid--he's not an RPG character.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to say but Bomber-Man, well, why do you want him in anyway?
Because he's been on the Nintendo consoles since NES, he has great moveset potential, he'd be a unique character; he brings something to the table. Plus, it would be a hop and a jump for Sakurai to put him in Brawl--Hudson is closely affiliated with Nintendo.

Frogla

Smash Ace
What are you talking about? I wasn't even talking to you. Look who I quoted.

And how do you not like the official moveset? Of course it revolves around bombs--he's freaking Bomberman. Having elemental powers for his moves is stupid--he's not an RPG character.
Well that quoted from where he was talking about my moveset so i figured you were talking about my moveset.

Yes sure he is Bomberman but does Links moveset revolve around swords. Heck no, Bomberman's bomb is just one of his moves. He's got Power Gloves, Roller Skates and Roos to work with. And who said anything about magical powers.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Yes sure he is Bomberman but does Links moveset revolve around swords. Heck no, Bomberman's bomb is just one of his moves. He's got Power Gloves, Roller Skates and Roos to work with. And who said anything about magical powers.
Why should he waste B-moves on Power Gloves and Roller Skates when he already has the ability to throw and kick bombs?

And BTW, if you would actually frequent the Bomberman thread once in a while, you'd know that the Roos are possible AT's, not a part of his moveset.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Well there ripping of these guys cause that was there effect in Bomberman World 3
Which BTW came out before Smash Bros.
Oh come on, huge biased view, you may want bomberman to be in but seriously... to be honest i dont think he has a hope in hell.

The day he joins, is the day Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft and Chuck Noris join brawl as well

Frogla

Smash Ace
Why should he waste B-moves on Power Gloves and Roller Skates when he already has the ability to throw and kick bombs?

And BTW, if you would actually frequent the Bomberman thread once in a while, you'd know that the Roos are possible AT's, not a part of his moveset.
Why would i waste my time on an online forum :dizzy:

Well why waste an AT on Roo's when you have all the other Bombers. Roos should be part of the moveset. And dont give me that you know stuff. Because you OH GREAT BOMBERMAN FAN!! Have failed Bomberman. Anyone would know Rollerskates dont give Bomberman the ability to Kick Bombs. They make him faster. Incorparate that into a A move. Hard to do it hmm... unless its a Dash A moves. Oh doesnt the official thread have that using a bomb too, i really dont know. But i do know a character using only one of his many items makes for a bland addition. At least they gave Sonic the spring jump

Frogla

Smash Ace
Oh come on, huge biased view, you may want bomberman to be in but seriously... to be honest i dont think he has a hope in hell.

The day he joins, is the day Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft and Chuck Noris join brawl as well
Sorry for the double post but no one will read a edit.

Internet hides sarcasm, Really i prefer Megaman or Geno. But Bomberman has the next best chance and you know it. Simon Belmont is a Konami Charachter so he doesnt stand in the way.
I just like to argue a point.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well fair enough, i can't argue against it... i just think with megaman and Shadow the hedgehog being more likely characters make bomberman seem out of his league and i agree, he has a better chance than Simon and pacman

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Well why waste an AT on Roo's when you have all the other Bombers. Roos should be part of the moveset. And dont give me that you know stuff. Because you OH GREAT BOMBERMAN FAN!! Have failed Bomberman. Anyone would know Rollerskates dont give Bomberman the ability to Kick Bombs. They make him faster. Incorparate that into a A move. Hard to do it hmm... unless its a Dash A moves. Oh doesnt the official thread have that using a bomb too, i really dont know. But i do know a character using only one of his many items makes for a bland addition. At least they gave Sonic the spring jump
I wasn't referring to your "Roller Skates" when I said he should kick bombs, stupid. AGAIN--if you would spend any time at all in the OFFICIAL BOMBERMAN THREAD, where most Bomberman discussion happens, you'd know that for some reason a small majority of people think one of his B-moves should be used on kicking bombs, which is utterly ridiculous.

Try again.

God, you fail so hard. Spyro, Crash, Lara Croft, etc. are all owned by companies other than Nintendo, stupid. Bomberman is owned by Hudson, which works closely with Nintendo on the Mario Party games. And I don't know where the hell you got Chuck Norris from.

And just to clear things up, people who think Simon Belmont has a chance aren't thinking correctly.

Top Bottom