• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

last third party character.

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
who do you think will be the last third party character? i believe the most wanted is megaman... however rayman was also suggested. personally i'd love to see rayman. However he's not popular enough... and i doubt theres any chance of both rayman and megaman in the game... raymans games started a decline like sonics games after rayman 2. so he's unpopular. but the bunnies were ok i guess. so i believe its megaman! what do you think?

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I think we can all agree that MegaMan is a far more likely candidate than anyone else at this point.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Megaman is the far most likely.

and goshdarnnit, he doesn't have to be the LAST 3rd party character. sakurai was making an estimate when he said "about 1-2 more 3rd parties."

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Bomberman is also very high up on the popularity list, and the fact hudson and nintendo are pretty good help aid his apperance in brawl.
yes, but what could bomberman do besides make bombs? well let me see. also, bomberman only jumped in bomber hero so..well anyway let me see what moves he'd have.

A - Punch
B - Toss small bomb
Up + B - Throws a bomb below him, it explodes, boosting him up in the air.
Down + B - Kicks a bomb( automatic)
Forward + A - - something random
Down + A - something random
Up + A - something random

**if bomberman uses Forward + A on his own bomb, he kicks it.
**If bomberman uses Down + A on his own bomb, he pickes it up.
**If you repeatably press A button while holding a bomb, you can pump it, and make it bigger.

that's really all I can think of. But no I doubt bomberman would be in brawl.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Bomberman haters - please don't be ignorant. Bombs are what Bomberman is all about, of course he would use bombs. Check the Bomberman thread for enlightenment. I'm not going to go into detail here.

Megaman is the logical addition. Folllowed by Bomberman.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Please don't be ignorant. Bombs are what Bomberman is all about, of course he would use bombs. Check the Bomberman thread for enlightenment. I'm not going to go into detail here.
ignorant? Who's being ignorant here?

Or was that not directed towards me? Even so, who said he Wasn't using bombs?..

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
yes, but what could bomberman do besides make bombs? well let me see. also, bomberman only jumped in bomber hero so..well anyway let me see what moves he'd have.

A - Punch
B - Toss small bomb
Up + B - Throws a bomb below him, it explodes, boosting him up in the air.
Down + B - Kicks a bomb( automatic)
Forward + A - - something random
Down + A - something random
Up + A - something random

**if bomberman uses Forward + A on his own bomb, he kicks it.
**If bomberman uses Down + A on his own bomb, he pickes it up.
**If you repeatably press A button while holding a bomb, you can pump it, and make it bigger.

that's really all I can think of. But no I doubt bomberman would be in brawl.
The "lack of moveset" argument is horrible. Look at falcon, Mario, Ice climbers, Dk, and nearly everyone else. I think Sakurai has made it clear that anyone can have a moveset. Although I still think that Bomberman's chances are fairly low.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
@ Tobi - I must have misunderstood you. My mistake.

My comment just applies as a general statement.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
How am I being ignorant? One only needs to look at the sales numbers for Bomberman games in the last 5-10 years to see that nobody likes him. His popularity began dwindling the day his first game came out.

Don't get me wrong, some Bomberman games are decent, but you're fooling yourself if you think he's popular.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
The "lack of moveset" argument is horrible. Look at falcon, Mario, Ice climbers, Dk, and nearly everyone else. I think Sakurai has made it clear that anyone can have a moveset. Although I still think that Bomberman's chances are fairly low.
Well I just gave him a moveset did I not? :p

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
There. Will. Be. More. Than. Three. Third. Party. Characters. (most likely)

Must I spell it out for you!?

Anyway, I think the Third party characters we will get are Megaman, Pacman, and Black Mage.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
@ Xanderous - inclusions are not solely based on popularity and game sales and even if it did his total sales of 10 million far exceed those of other included characters.

Irrespective of sales, Bomberman still remains an iconic gaming figure.

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
Such a dumb question...

It will be Megaman; he is one of the big named characters. Everybody knows SOME variation of Megaman. He is on par with Mario, Sonic, Link, etc...

You know what? I won't even bother giving reasons why he should be in when he already is.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
wait, it clearly stated that the 3rd party characters would be at 3 max EXCLUDING SNAKE!!! Sonic is one of the 3 and 2 places are left. That help to clear things you?

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
wait, it clearly stated that the 3rd party characters would be at 3 max EXCLUDING SNAKE!!! Sonic is one of the 3 and 2 places are left. That help to clear things you?
Wrong. He said "1-2 more characters, maybe?"

Stop pulling things out of your ***. However, it is EXTREMELY LIKELY there will be more.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian

Lauf

Smash Apprentice

The same argument had been said for sonic since all he could do is roll yet he is in brawl.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
If facts won't change your minds, nothing will. Believe what you want, but the Bomberman series went down the drain ten years ago with Bomberman 64, and the only people who still want him around are hardcore gamers like yourselves.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
The same argument had been said for sonic since all he could do is roll yet he is in brawl.
sonic could do alot more then just roll.

he could spindash, home-attack, light-speed dash, go super sonic, grind, tornado.

I was using my bomberman argument to see what moveset he would have, including every game he's been in.

besides, i already gave him what i thought would be his moveset, and it seems pretty legit to me.

T-major

Smash Champion
well, Megaman is something that everyone should agree on.

after him, I would like to see Simon Belmont from Castlevania. Castlevania has a lot of history with Nintendo, and Simon would be a very original and interesting character. he's also just plain bad @$$!

after that, I would say Bomberman. just because he's awesome.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I don't know about you,but I don't want my kids playing a game when Bomberman once was caught dressing up like this.

Justkidddingggg

Xanderous

Smash Lord
well, Megaman is something that everyone should agree on.

after him, I would like to see Simon Belmont from Castlevania. Castlevania has a lot of history with Nintendo, and Simon would be a very original and interesting character. he's also just plain bad @$$!

after that, I would say Bomberman. just because he's awesome.
Would it be OK for Konami to have two reps? Snake and Simon? I think not.

RDK

Smash Hero
megaman and bomberman

sorry geno is not a great character :(
You're right--Geno isn't a great character. I don't know why people think he is.

If facts won't change your minds, nothing will. Believe what you want, but the Bomberman series went down the drain ten years ago with Bomberman 64, and the only people who still want him around are hardcore gamers like yourselves.
There are plenty of people who want him in, and so what if his recent games suck? Sonic and Megaman's recent games tank even harder than Bomberman's. And the overwhelming majority of Bomberman fans liked Bomberman 64. It was one of his best games.

Try again.

sonic could do alot more then just roll.

he could spindash, home-attack, light-speed dash, go super sonic, grind, tornado.

I was using my bomberman argument to see what moveset he would have, including every game he's been in.

besides, i already gave him what i thought would be his moveset, and it seems pretty legit to me.
How could he not have a moveset? That's a ridiculous argument against ANY character.

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
well sonic went down the drain after he went 3D all because of bad story lines... but people were still faithful and played his games! i know i did. and look where hes at now? hes in brawl thats where(even if most people just wanted to kick his *** with mario). so why is bomberman different?

Top Bottom