• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

last third party character.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
If facts won't change your minds, nothing will. Believe what you want, but the Bomberman series went down the drain ten years ago with Bomberman 64, and the only people who still want him around are hardcore gamers like yourselves.
I'm not even going to argue here. There is a Bomberman thread. Try and visit it and do some reading.

...and I am far from a hardcore gamer. Way to make an assumption.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
How could he not have a moveset? That's a ridiculous argument against ANY character.
Again, Did I not just give him a moveset in my post?

Also, No, not all characters can have a moveset, unless you give them moves that weren't offically from their orginal games.

In other words, make up moves. Oh yes, anyone can make up moves if thats what you mean

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
well, Megaman is something that everyone should agree on.

after him, I would like to see Simon Belmont from Castlevania. Castlevania has a lot of history with Nintendo, and Simon would be a very original and interesting character. he's also just plain bad @$$!

after that, I would say Bomberman. just because he's awesome.

Richter Belmont. Out of all the Belmonts, he is the one reoccuring Belmont with his own theme, and he was a hero turned villain in SOTN...

and yes, he is a Nintendo character as he appeared on a Nintendo console.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
737 posts, a signature featuring 4 obscure characters, and your apparent knowledge, all on a video game website makes you a hardcore gamer whether you like it or not. Also, it's ****ing Thanksgiving.

And Red Darkstar, what the hell? "Plenty of people want him in." Nice. Keep handing me empty, vague statements like that and you're GONNA WIN.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
hmmmmmm megaman is already there, so, i think maybe conker or banjo+kazooie? (they are owned by rare so they are third partys arent they? i might be wrong) if theyre not 3rd party, then i think a good choice would be a squaresoft character, crono ftw!! ^.^

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
hmmmmmm megaman is already there, so, i think maybe conker or banjo+kazooie? (they are owned by rare so they are third partys arent they? i might be wrong) if theyre not 3rd party, then i think a good choice would be a squaresoft character, crono ftw!! ^.^

Such a stretch asking for Crono...

We can only hope. XD

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I can see why your criticising Red Darkstar's arguments. Your argument that his recent games 'have gone down the drain' is by far the greatest argument I've ever heard.

And I'm from the UK lol. I'm not flaming you or anything, just arguing my point.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I can see why your criticising Red Darkstar's arguments. Your argument that his recent games 'have gone down the drain' is by far the greatest argument I've ever heard.

And I'm from the UK lol. I'm not flaming you or anything, just arguing my point.
It's FACT that his recent games have received outright BAD reviews. That's all I'm saying.

RDK

Smash Hero
And Red Darkstar, what the hell? "Plenty of people want him in." Nice. Keep handing me empty, vague statements like that and you're GONNA WIN.
My statement was just as valid (if not more) than your statement of "HIS RECENT GAMES HAVE GONE DOWN THE DRAIN."

Yeah, you're not a hypocrite at all.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Again, Did I not just give him a moveset in my post?

Also, No, not all characters can have a moveset, unless you give them moves that weren't offically from their orginal games.

In other words, make up moves. Oh yes, anyone can make up moves if thats what you mean
Dude, bomberman has copters, snowboard, helicopter, remot bombs, big bombs, red bombs... etc

Ur moveset quite frankly sucked.

RDK

Smash Hero
If you guys want an actual Bomberman moveset, go to the official thread. You're basing your arguments on crappy movesets that you made up.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Dude, bomberman has copters, snowboard, helicopter, remot bombs, big bombs, red bombs... etc

Ur moveset quite frankly sucked.
I already meantioned big bombs.

And I don't see you coming up with anything, so you have no right to say what sucks or not. And what sucks about it? Everything seems legit to me. It included kick bombs, big bombs, throw bombs, excluding the fact I didn't name 3.

Yes, Bomberman has pommel, spaceship, rocket jet pack, and pretty much anything you can think of. But are any of those..Iconic?

Buzzz. Wrong.

You're basing your arguments on crappy movesets that you made up.
Oh, and lemme guess. This "Official" bomberman thread DOESN"T have "made up" crappy moves? You know, what if I thought the people who made whatever the hell moves in that thread were crappy? Yea, we all know it's in opinion. They could have just as crappy moveset as I just made up. Lol, what a stupid statement to say.

"that you just made up". And the thousands of people who MADE UP a moveset are so much better because its in an offical thread.

Seriously, No dude. There is no "actual" bomberman moveset. Get that BS out.

RDK

Smash Hero
Oh, and lemme guess. This "Official" bomberman thread DOESN"T have "made up" crappy moves? You know, what if I thought the people who made whatever the hell moves in that thread were crappy? Yea, we all know it's in opinion. They could have just as crappy moveset as I just made up. Lol, what a stupid statement to say.

"that you just made up". And the thousands of people who MADE UP a moveset are so much better because its in an offical thread.

Seriously, No dude.
Uh, yes. It's obvious you don't want him in, so why the **** would you make a moveset for him? That's ********. That's like me making a moveset for a character I hate, having it be intentionally crappy to prove a stupid point, and say that all possible movesets for that character utterly suck based on that one crappy moveset I just made.

T-major

Smash Champion
I don't know why people think he is.
because your opinion is different, thats why.

people like him because he: is original, has an interesting yet simple design, is powerful in Super Mario RPG, has unique moves, has a cool concept, would be an original and unique character in Brawl... the list goes on.
with all this, I don't see why people DON'T think he's a great character...

anyways, Geno shouldn't even be talked about here, because Sakurai doesn't consider Geno third party to begin with...

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Uh, yes. It's obvious you don't want him in, so why the **** would you make a moveset for him? That's ********. That's like me making a moveset for a character I hate, having it be intentionally crappy to prove a stupid point, and say that all possible movesets for that character utterly suck based on that one crappy moveset I just made.
I don't hate bomberman, and I don't care if he's in or not. I was seeing if I COULD make a moveset for him, in which I did.

And I didn't intentionally make it crappy. It included all his classic moves.

Kick Bomb
Pump Bomb
Throw Bomb

Honestly what the hell are you expecting?

In fact, I actually have played quite a number of bomberman games.
•Super Bomberman 1-5
•Bomberman 64
•Bomberman 64: Second AttacK
•Bomberman Hero
•Bomberman Online
•Bomberman Jetters.

Based on what i've played, He uses Kick bomb, Pump Bomb, and Throw Bomb. In exception to Bomberman Hero, where on a select few stages you had devices such as jet pack.

RDK

Smash Hero
Honestly what the hell are you expecting?
I'm expecting you not to be a complete **** about whether or not he's an icon or not. I'm expecting you not to bash people's movesets--people who actually care about whether or not he gets in.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
Megaman has a chance I guess, but I don't want him to be in Brawl at all.

Not a Megaman hater at all either, huge fan of the X series.

I think Sonic and Snake both should be enough to fill in the slot for guest characters.

But, pretty sure there will be at least one more.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
See, the difference between us, guys, is that I use facts to back up my opinions, and you just talk out your ***** and make generalizations.

RDK

Smash Hero
See, the difference between us, guys, is that I use facts to back up my opinions, and you just talk out your ***** and make generalizations.
Make generalizations about what? And you're in a fantasy world if you think you haven't been making generalizations.

Resorting to personal attacks isn't going to help your argument any. It just makes you look like a ****.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
who do you think will be the last third party character? i believe the most wanted is megaman... however rayman was also suggested. personally i'd love to see rayman. However he's not popular enough... and i doubt theres any chance of both rayman and megaman in the game... raymans games started a decline like sonics games after rayman 2. so he's unpopular. but the bunnies were ok i guess. so i believe its megaman! what do you think?
geno has the highest chance
followed by megaman
followed by bomberman
followed by a square character. im thinkn black mage, chocobo, or a moogle

and i think there will atleast be 2 more 3rd party charas, if not 3

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
With another 2 months in development. Sakurai definately isnt keeping the 3 third party Character rule. Im going to guess four of Five.

One i'd like to see is Sora.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I already meantioned big bombs.

And I don't see you coming up with anything, so you have no right to say what sucks or not. And what sucks about it? Everything seems legit to me. It included kick bombs, big bombs, throw bombs, excluding the fact I didn't name 3.

Yes, Bomberman has pommel, spaceship, rocket jet pack, and pretty much anything you can think of. But are any of those..Iconic?

Buzzz. Wrong.

Seriously, No dude. There is no "actual" bomberman moveset. Get that BS out.
just go look at the bomberman thread, there are GOOD movesets there

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Megaman is the far most likely.

and goshdarnnit, he doesn't have to be the LAST 3rd party character. sakurai was making an estimate when he said "about 1-2 more 3rd parties."
he said that when he announced snake. so we have one more.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman isn't as iconic as Sonic is, so the whole "SONIC SERIES SUCKED RECENTLY" isn't an arguement. Whether you want to admit it, Sonic played far more of a role in the history of Nintendo then Bomberman ever will.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
my shine goes to Capcom and Namco characters, megaman,ryu,viewtiful joe,pacman

RDK

Smash Hero
Bomberman isn't as iconic as Sonic is, so the whole "SONIC SERIES SUCKED RECENTLY" isn't an arguement. Whether you want to admit it, Sonic played far more of a role in the history of Nintendo then Bomberman ever will.
Funny how that argument wasn't being used against Sonic. But feel free to bring in even more points that don't make any sense.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Not only that, But Sonic represented the whole " Sega Vs Nintendo" Wars that was going on for years until Sega Dreamcast died. Now to finally have sega's rivel in nintendo is also another major reason Sonic, a third party character, is in Brawl. He was also voted by most in America.

Snake is in brawl because he was begged for by the makers on Metal Gear Solid in Melee, so they added him in Brawl.

However, I don't see any reason Megaman or Bomberman would be in brawl besides the fans wanting him desperately. I personally want Megaman X if anything. Considering I played Every single Megaman X game and loved them ALLLLL.

-P.S-, yes, even megaman x7-x8.

I like bomberman too, but im for doubtful of him being in. I wonder how on earth they would transcend his stage into 3d considering most of his games were on boards and were different each game.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
The character I'd personally want the most is Megaman, followed by Klonoa.
I however do realize that while Megaman is a realistic hope, Klonoa isn't, not even by a looooooong shot. (Even though you gotta admit, Klonoa would fit perfectly)

My guess is Megaman though, he does seem very likely...

@Tobi, so you don't see any reason for Megaman or Bomberman to be in besides the fans wanting one/either of them in?... The 'fans' right?... I think you just answered your own question :p (I'm not flaming or being angry, just pointing out, no offense meant, and I do like X better than the original as well)

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
I really seeing it be either namco or/and square enix. For that reason I know namco really want there character in Smash Cause they used Link in Soul Calibur. It would be wrong to not return the favor. It would kinda be the same for the Mario Hoops. Final Fantasy characters were in there Square wouldn't dare to miss a opporunity like this.

Choices all depends on who can represent their company the best

Final Fantasy - Cloud or Black mage .

Namco - Pac man or the female Robot from Xenosaga( this character to getting popular)

Those 2 company may or will come before any other company now that Konami and Sega is out the way.

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Megaman would be a great addition.

And if hope counted for anything then a classic Final Fantasy rep would be amazing as well. (Black Mage or Theif could have really cool movesets.)

Resident Evil could be interesting, but it would be hard to keep them away from guns.

***This is never going to happen, but I'd give Sakurai's message a happy ending if there was a Star Wars rep. (Boba Fett please god) lol

Top Bottom