• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

last third party character.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
if megaman isnt the 3rd 3rd party character i AM going to kill myself.. lol
Oh come on what if there weren't any guest characters in Brawl? If you were a ture smash bros. fan you would buy the game regardless whether or not it had guest characters.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
LOL, Megaman is not in it as much I want him to be in soooo bad. I don't think there's gonna be another 3rd party. Since Megaman is not in it, there won't be another 3rd party character. Sakurai said that 3rd party characters would amount to ONE or TWO excluding Snake.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Viewtiful Joe should take it...seriously but I think Megaman has it.

Viewtiful Joe for a 3rd party character!!

bluffmaster

Smash Cadet
Next to my mailbox waiting for my pre-ordered Braw
I'm not sure it will be megaman or bomberman because i read somewhere on the forums that it takes lotsa paper work and money to add just one character thats from a seperate company so I'm guessing it will be either a chacter from the mrtal gear series or the sonic series.

That said, i think it will either be tails or knuckles... But im hoping for SHADOW!!!! (even though he has no chance... heh...)
SHADOW 4 BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cless

Smash Champion
This is all assuming we get another one though. A few have said we might not even get another guest character.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I don't know where this fad came from, but everyone is just shouting " insert name" for brawl!!, and people are actually expecting them to be in brawl, when realistically there chances are zero.

I'm sorry, but not every icon from every single company can be in the game. Putting Megaman in would require them to have rights from Capcom, and all that legal crap so they don't get sued for copyright infringment. It was enough trouble getting sonic in.

However, Bomberman IS the icon for Hudson. Does that mean he will still be in? Probably not. It's like people just don't use facts anymore and rely on the words "might", "maybe", and "chances" for "insert random character name".

Don't get me wrong.I like bomberman, I'm already mentally sure he WON'T be in. I'm arguing to the people who think that every single character for a major fanchise will get it. Also, Nobody has stated a valid reason why he SHOULD be in. yet either, besides saying he is awesome and popular.

Using that logic will get you no where. In that case, Master chief should be in. He is awesome and popular, is icon for bungie, and pretty much the entire xbox.

But let me contradict what I wrote just now for the fun of it. Virtually every character has a chance. Sakurai could just, randomly want to add them in because he felt like it. Afterall, Look at ice climbers, and Mr. Game & Watch. I believe they were added for there high unique ability to fight. I'm not going to lie, when I saw ice climbers, I had no freaking clue on earth who they were. So popularity probably doesn't play a role here.

so to sum this all up, basically just wait til feb 10th. :p

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Don't get me wrong.I like bomberman, I'm already mentally sure he WON'T be in. I'm arguing to the people who think that every single character for a major fanchise will get it. Also, Nobody has stated a valid reason why he SHOULD be in. yet either, besides saying he is awesome and popular.
Seriously, your posts damage my brain. Have you visited the Bomberman thread? If you did you would know:

- Bomberman has appeared on Nintendo consoles since 1987.
- Bomberman has appeared in a game with Nintendo characters before, namely Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!
- Bomberman has appeared in a SSB style game on the Gamecube called DreamMix TV World Fighters. Snake was also in that game.... look where he is in now.
- Hudson are responsible for making the Mario Party titles, so getting permission to use Bomberman would be very straightforward.

All valid reasons as to why he could be included. Please stop talking nonsense.

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
geno has the highest chance
followed by megaman
followed by bomberman
followed by a square character. im thinkn black mage, chocobo, or a moogle

and i think there will atleast be 2 more 3rd party charas, if not 3
Geno? who the hell is geno! i keep hearing his name and yet i know nothing of him!!! all i know is that apparently he's from mario right? which does not make him third party!!!! therefor he is not in this conversation.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Seriously, your posts damage my brain. Have you visited the Bomberman thread? If you did you would know:

- Bomberman has appeared on Nintendo consoles since 1987.
Who the hell cares? Yes, and alien invaders came out way before that. Many more came out along with mario in 1980. Where the hell are they?Your point? Again, just showing you are spoiled and want every **** major icon in the game.

- Bomberman has appeared in a game with Nintendo characters before, namely Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!
Good job. Since he appeared in wario, that means he must be in? Are you joking? Nintendo mainly uses characters that stay ON THE NINTENDO SYSTEM, in exception to which we now call third party characters.

- Bomberman has appeared in a SSB style game on the Gamecube called DreamMix TV World Fighters. Snake was also in that game.... look where he is in now.
Firstly, Snake was heavily requested by the producers and fans. Bomberman was uhh...Not. Next.

- Hudson are responsible for making the Mario Party titles, so getting permission to use Bomberman would be very straightforward.
There are MANY other companies that have better franchises, and have been around MUCH longer then bomberman. And no, it wouldn't be just straightforward. You have no idea what Hudson wants. Then again, neither do I. Basically, stop with all the ridiculous generalizations.

All valid reasons as to why he could be included. Please stop talking nonsense.
If it's nonsense don't even bother reading or replying if you can't handle opinions, Because honestly stuff like that only makes you feel better inside because you think you accomplished something, not. I could of stated this all nicely, but since you to make jokes, so should I.

Oh yes, let me make a joke to make myself look good. God, everytime I read this ******* posts I lose IQ points. It's mind-numbingly blatant stupidity. Wooo look at me go.:ohwell:

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Who the hell cares? Yes, and alien invaders came out way before that. Many more came out along with mario in 1980. Where the hell are they?Your point? Again, just showing you are spoiled and want every **** major icon in the game.

Good job. Since he appeared in wario, that means he must be in? Are you joking? Nintendo mainly uses characters that stay ON THE NINTENDO SYSTEM, in exception to which we now call third party characters.

Firstly, Snake was heavily requested by the producers and fans. Bomberman was uhh...Not. Next.

There are MANY other companies that have better franchises, and have been around MUCH longer then bomberman. And no, it wouldn't be just straightforward. You have no idea what Hudson wants. Then again, neither do I. Basically, stop with all the ridiculous generalizations.
Of course we don't know what Hudson wants, and of course lots of game franchises came out before Bomberman. And yes, there are a lot that are better than his. But we're listing points as to why he has a relatively good shot for Brawl. You're just comparing him to other franchises and pointing out random crap.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Of course we don't know what Hudson wants, and of course lots of game franchises came out before Bomberman. And yes, there are a lot that are better than his. But we're listing points as to why he has a relatively good shot for Brawl. You're just comparing him to other franchises and pointing out random crap.
And what he said isn't pointing out random crap?

If you call this valid points, seriously, get out that box now. In that case, I can list "valid" points for every character known to exist and demand they be in brawl because I think I'm right. o wait, i can. I guess that somehow increases their chances.:ohwell:

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher

If it's nonsense don't even bother reading or replying if you can't handle opinions, Because honestly stuff like that only makes you feel better inside because you think you accomplished something, not. I could of stated this all nicely, but since you to make jokes, so should I.

Oh yes, let me make a joke to make myself look good. God, everytime I read this ******* posts I lose IQ points. It's mind-numbingly blatant stupidity. Wooo look at me go.:ohwell:
You are aparently 100% biased toward NOT having bomberman. bomberman will has a very good chance. These back it up. we understand u personally don't want him in but i am tired of having BS and negativitiy spew from your mouth. Megaman to has a good chance to, but i belive bombermans history as well as good bisnuess relations will get him in. if you are gonna say anything else positive them SHUT UP TOBI

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
If you call this valid points, seriously, get out that box now. In that case, I can list "valid" points for every character known to exist and demand they be in brawl because I think I'm right. o wait, i can. I guess that somehow increases their chances.
It doesn't necessarilly increase his chances. We're just pointing out the positive points about him possibly making it in. All of those points are good ones, and no, you can't make the same generalizations about every character.

Hudson is closely affiliated with Nintendo. Bomberman's appeared on more Nintendo consoles than a lot of characters out there. It'd be a hop, jump, and a skip for Sakurai to put him in--a lot easier than Geno or Megaman. Of course, considering Hudson would want him in--but why would they not? It's good publicity.

All of this ultimately melts down into pure speculation. But still, his resume' points towards possible inclusion.

BOZO500

Smash Journeyman
dont know if this has been said before, but what about pac-man? he was in a mari kart game, so what if nintendo would like to colaborate again and add him in the brawl roster? sounds like it could happen.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
It doesn't necessarilly increase his chances. We're just pointing out the positive points about him possibly making it in. All of those points are good ones, and no, you can't make the same generalizations about every character.

Hudson is closely affiliated with Nintendo. Bomberman's appeared on more Nintendo consoles than a lot of characters out there. It'd be a hop, jump, and a skip for Sakurai to put him in--a lot easier than Geno or Megaman. Of course, considering Hudson would want him in--but why would they not? It's good publicity.

All of this ultimately melts down into pure speculation. But still, his resume' points towards possible inclusion.
yes, you can make the same generalizations about every character. I can "speculate" every single character and state why he/she is a good reason to be in brawl. But really who am I kidding?

All it is right now is a enormous fad since Sakurai made a poll once. Now everyone somehow thinks every single character needs to be in brawl, or is a "good" candidate.

You are aparently 100% biased toward NOT having bomberman. bomberman will has a very good chance. These back it up. we understand u personally don't want him in but i am tired of having BS and negativitiy spew from your mouth. Megaman to has a good chance to, but i belive bombermans history as well as good bisnuess relations will get him in. if you are gonna say anything else positive them SHUT UP TOBI

Sorry, I'm not even going to try and debunk this. You need to take Grammar 101 before I read this.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
yes, you can make the same generalizations about every character. I can "speculate" every single character and state why he/she is a good reason to be in brawl. But really who am I kidding?
Speculations? How are "facts" about characters speculations? Everything we listed was a fact. Although you might just be purposely bashing us now because something crawled up your ****** when you were a child, and you're trying to take it out on everyone else.

Winder

Smash Rookie
Well, I don't know if someone already said this, but Ubisoft loves Nintendo now. That heightens Rayman's chance. The only reason Master Chief would be in is so we could beat him up and prove that Mario owns him, but isn't that what Mii's are for?

Well, Master Chief and Banjo have no chance, so I'll go with Megaman.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't know if someone already said this, but Ubisoft loves Nintendo now. That heightens Rayman's chance. The only reason Master Chief would be in is so we could beat him up and prove that Mario owns him, but isn't that what Mii's are for?

Well, Master Chief and Banjo have no chance, so I'll go with Megaman.
Umm, it doesn't matter that Ubisoft loves Nintendo. If Nintendo doesn't want Rayman in, or if Nintendo doesn't like Ubisoft, then Rayman isn't getting in.

Besides, nobody wants Rayman in.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
good lets get back on a positive discussion now.
the discussion turned negative when some raging nintendo nerd flamed. Not my fault.

Saying, " I wonder what moves he could have", then listing something I thought could work, shouldn't of lead to all this bs.

but, this forum is full of you know what, so it's impossible to handle this in a mature manner.

Besides, nobody wants Rayman in.
You pretty much just proved all my points right. Thanks.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
the discussion turned negative when some raging nintendo nerd flamed. Not my fault.

Saying, " I wonder what moves he could have", then listing something I thought could work, shouldn't of lead to all this bs.

but, this forum is full of you know what, so it's impossible to handle this in a mature manner.
This is coming from someone who joined a month ago. LULZ.

Yeah, sure. And the fact that you didn't even respond to any of my points doesn't say anything about you.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher

i am tired of hearing you talk negative, get back on discussion NOW and stop FLARING NOW.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
This is coming from someone who joined a month ago.

OMG! I wasn't here for 2 years and don't have 5,000 posts full of spam. I guess that means I pretty much have NO clue what I'm talking about and have NO experience in debate or games what so ever.

Man, Aren't you just a smart one? It's almost sad.

I didn't respond to any of your other points because now it's just a continuous cycle of nothingness debate, which has gotten to the point where I don't even care.

Moving along, unless you want to dwell on it, go ahead, but I won't respond, unless you insult rawrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BOZO500

Smash Journeyman
i think forum fights are funny. c'mon guys cant we just have a nice happy discussion about the games we like to play? lol

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
OMG! I wasn't here for 2 years and don't have 5,000 posts full of spam. I guess that means I pretty much have NO clue what I'm talking about and have NO experience in debate or games what so ever.

Man, Aren't you just a smart one? It's almost sad.

I didn't respond to any of your other points because now it's just a continuous cycle of nothingness debate, which has gotten to the point where I don't even care.

Moving along, unless you want to dwell on it, go ahead, but I won't respond, unless you insult rawrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Ummm, yeah, actually, that does mean you don't know what you're talking about. You obviously have a completely wrong perception about some of the members here. Try again.

Nothingness debate? This just reinforce my point even more about how you make stupid generalizations about stuff to counter actual facts. Fail.

And I wasn't insulting you. What are you talking about?

i think forum fights are funny. c'mon guys cant we just have a nice happy discussion about the games we like to play? lol
Apparently not.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Ummm, yeah, actually, that does mean you don't know what you're talking about.

Pretty much summed up all your stupidity in this post. I can't believe people actually believe more post count and being here longer makes you somehow, more right. This is disgusting. Gtfo.

Any noob could of joined in September 2006 and post 10,000 posts full of nothingness chatter in the Pool Room. I guess this makes him 100% right when it comes to debating, yes sir u are so smart I love it.

Seriously, dude you want some cookies or something?

Top Bottom