• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

last third party character.

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, since Sonic was added, I've been wanting to see more of my Genesis heroes added into Nintendo games. I think Ristar would have made an awesome addition, and an even farther away possibility would be Sparkster from the Rocket Knight Adventure Series.

finalark

SNORLAX
He's from Super Mario RPG and is really popular in Japan apparently.

See, no one has heard of this game. It's only me and my friend that have heard about and played it where I live.
Sorry, back in the early 90s I was a Sega Genesis fan. So the most I got from Nintendo was when I played my cousin's NES when I went to visit him.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I really hope Viewtiful Joe gets that last spot, I wouldn't mind seeing Megaman get it. Geno I hope doesn't get the spot, he's only appeared in two games I believe. He can be a cool AT. It's either going to be Megaman or Viewtiful Joe, trust me on this one guys. Leon is a no, because he uses real weapons and Earthworm Jim hasn't been in the spotlight how long? Megaman or Viewtiful Joe....watch and see =D

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, back in the early 90s I was a Sega Genesis fan. So the most I got from Nintendo was when I played my cousin's NES when I went to visit him.
Now this is a guy I can relate to! All I had were a bunch of Genesis classics like Lion King, Sword of Vermillion, Ristar, Rocket Knight Adventures, Vectorman 2, and all the Sonic titles.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I really hope Viewtiful Joe gets that last spot, I wouldn't mind seeing Megaman get it. Geno I hope doesn't get the spot, he's only appeared in two games I believe. He can be a cool AT. It's either going to be Megaman or Viewtiful Joe, trust me on this one guys. Leon is a no, because he uses real weapons and Earthworm Jim hasn't been in the spotlight how long? Megaman or Viewtiful Joe....watch and see =D
My sig reveals all...

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, since Sonic was added, I've been wanting to see more of my Genesis heroes added into Nintendo games. I think Ristar would have made an awesome addition, and an even farther away possibility would be Sparkster from the Rocket Knight Adventure Series.
I would <3 Sparkster.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
You don't mean Zelda II: Adventure of Link, do you? Because if you do, that is the most horrible memory of titles ever ftl...
Yes, I couldn't remember the exact title. And, wait just one second before you downplay it. Yes the game is likely better forgotten in the greater scheme of Zelda titles. However, it was very innovative for its time, some of the attacks link performed in the game hadn't been done before in that type of game. All in all, not a horrible game Gameplay-wise, but obviously not worthy of the Zelda moniker.

However, that wasn't the issue at hand, someone had made a smartass comment asking about where Link's jumping came from.

In other news, it goes:

Megaman (classic)
Geno
Whoever (I would love to see a castlevania character here)

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
And what about Snake?

If not Leon, how about Jill from the same series? Not only has almost every resident evil game (in one version or another) appeared on a nintendo console, but Jill has even been in a fighting game (Marvel VS. Capcom 2) and I'm fairly sure she didn't use her guns in that. But I could be wrong!

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
I'm telling you guys: Fire up the old emulator, forget it's a Zelda game and play it. It's challenging, unique for the time, and .... well that's it. But... but...

honestly, I don't even know what I'm arguing anymore, I don't particularly like the game either. However, the temple music is pretty pimpin'.

iMichael

Smash Lord
And what about Snake?

If not Leon, how about Jill from the same series? Not only has almost every resident evil game (in one version or another) appeared on a nintendo console, but Jill has even been in a fighting game (Marvel VS. Capcom 2) and I'm fairly sure she didn't use her guns in that. But I could be wrong!
Ok you have a point, but Snake is using a rocket launcher, grenades and some CQC. Hideo Kojima wanted Snake to be in Melee, but it was too late. Hideo and Masahiro are kind of doing this on a friendship thing more than a business deal. Oh and one more thing....Snake > Leon, end.

Cless

Smash Champion
No one in Resident Evil does anything except shoot guns and use knives. A lot of Jill's moves in MvC2 involved her summoning enemies. Also, COMPLETELY different kind of fighting game.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I know that but I'm just using examples. To be honest I just want her, or Leon, or Especially Rebecca (who has the LOWEST chance) to be in. Tyrant final smash ftw.

I'd like a Tales character too. Arche would be preferable :3.

Cless

Smash Champion
I'd love a Tales character (clearly), I really think that would be the best choice for Namco, or someone from Soul Calibur/Edge, but Soul people wouldn't really fit. Pac-Man would be a funnier AT.

1- Leon Magnus
2- Luke fon Fabre
3- Jade Curtiss
4- Guy Cecil
5- Kratos Aurion
6- Asch
7- Judas
8 - Zelos Wilder
9- Stahn Aileron
10- Tear Grants
11- Reid Hershel
12- Presea Combatir
13- Colette Brunel
14- Cless Alvein

15- Anise Tatlin
16- Chester Barklight
17- Ion
18- Chloe Valens
19- Barbatos
20- Celcius
21- Arche Klaine
22- Lilith Aileron
23- Sync
24- Lloyd Irving
25- Jay
26- Suzu Fujibayashi
27- Kyle Dunamis
28- Senel Coolidge
29- Kanonno
30- Mao

That was the last Tales popularity poll. Bolded appeared in original games on Nintendo systems. Well, that's enough pointless hoping for now.

larg0

Smash Cadet
i made it 7 pages into this thread till i skipped to the end, but i gotta go with the general consensus:

MEGAMAN FTW.

some people sure seem confident that he is a shoo-in, but i'm not going to get my hopes up. the loss of WD was a serious blow (for me)...if i was all set to main as megaman only to find out that the spot went to birdo or some **** like that, i would be crushed.

if i couldnt have megaman, my next choice would be dante from DMC...'m sure he must have been mentioned somewhere else in this thread.

one thing to think about for all these people i see calling for a more-humanish character (like dante or a belmont or whatever) is how out of place they will be. i mean look at snake. as excited as i am that he is in the game, he clearly does not belong in this crazy cartoony universe. i'm willing to bet that they wont add any more human-looking-humanoids to the roster.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So are we only getting only one more third party character? How do we know this?

I was never a Mega Man fan, and I do think Leon S. Kennedy is cool, but he'd be rather boring without all his guns. So I guess any other character would make my day.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
sonic lol. if grayfox was not playable knuckles and sonic wont be as well. and if there in nintendo is obviusly playing favorits.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I'm pretty sure he meant Tails.

On topic: Mega Man, of course. And if a 4th character makes it, Simon Belmont please. Castlevania simply deserves to be represented in this game.

Cless

Smash Champion
True, but that's not the way it happened. The Castlevania creator didn't ask for Simon to be in the game so his loss.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I'd love a Tales character (clearly), I really think that would be the best choice for Namco, or someone from Soul Calibur/Edge, but Soul people wouldn't really fit. Pac-Man would be a funnier AT.

1- Leon Magnus
2- Luke fon Fabre
3- Jade Curtiss
4- Guy Cecil
5- Kratos Aurion
6- Asch
7- Judas
8 - Zelos Wilder
9- Stahn Aileron
10- Tear Grants
11- Reid Hershel
12- Presea Combatir
13- Colette Brunel
14- Cless Alvein

15- Anise Tatlin
16- Chester Barklight
17- Ion
18- Chloe Valens
19- Barbatos
20- Celcius
21- Arche Klaine
22- Lilith Aileron
23- Sync
24- Lloyd Irving
25- Jay
26- Suzu Fujibayashi
27- Kyle Dunamis
28- Senel Coolidge
29- Kanonno
30- Mao

That was the last Tales popularity poll. Bolded appeared in original games on Nintendo systems. Well, that's enough pointless hoping for now.
Well thats depressing.

Regal isn't on there D:!

k3v

Smash Rookie
Pretty sure the last third party character is going to be Megaman, though I'd personally prefer to see Bomberman, though his moveset will probably be dull.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
who do you think will be the last third party character? i believe the most wanted is megaman... however rayman was also suggested. personally i'd love to see rayman. However he's not popular enough... and i doubt theres any chance of both rayman and megaman in the game... raymans games started a decline like sonics games after rayman 2. so he's unpopular. but the bunnies were ok i guess. so i believe its megaman! what do you think?

Im 100% certain it's megaman, but I dont like that =(

Top Bottom