• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LAST Smashfest Wed Aug 26th - The Vro Zone [MELEE]

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
that was hardly a proof that puff beats falco.

IMO chops isn't a great player, he is just amazing with his lasers and he is decently technical. his mental game isn't on the same level as like mango or m2k or even zhu. hbox simply outsmarted him a lot and lasers don't work too well vs puff.
Yea.. I wouldnt fault lambchops for gettin rested from a dair... if you don't shine there's enough lag to get rested as you pass by. (Or if you miss your L cancel). This really had nothing to do with the mental game aspect of it all. I do think puff is great against falco though. Sveet--were you just trying to cause a ruckus?!

-Zec

Meneks

Smash Lord
that was hardly a proof that puff beats falco.

IMO chops isn't a great player, he is just amazing with his lasers and he is decently technical. his mental game isn't on the same level as like mango or m2k or even zhu. hbox simply outsmarted him a lot and lasers don't work too well vs puff.
Lambchops and zhu are pretty much on the same level lol..
Chops probably has one of the most unique falcos to date..
Everytime i watch a new vid of him he does something completely different and weird but so effective.
lol like cyko said forward on pcp is pretty much exactly what chops is

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i just don't think chops is that good. i think he relies on lasers to do 85% of the work. falco combos pretty easily so he just camps until they mess up and he punishes. i just think hbox has proven himself to be a top 5 player in the US and chops is maybe top 30, the difference being that hbox is many levels smarter than chops.

i'm not saying anything bad about chops, because i think he plays falco the right way, i just know that he doesn't have the smarts or the trickz to play his falco like mango or even shiz does. if it wasn't for how fast he is with his lasers, nobody would even know his name.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
chops isnt as good with falco as mango or shiz

they are the top 2 falcos, and chops is basically tied for 3rd with zhu, maybe 4th just cause zhu beat m2k though

i guess youre right about the laser thing though, because if he wasnt as good with lasers as he is, he wouldnt be beating the **** out of tons of great players semi regularly, and then nobody would know his name

but he is, so he does, so we do

Meneks

Smash Lord
Chops beat mango in dittos so he definitely has "tricks"...
85% spammage is a bit much lol he surely has more to his falco then that..
Just saying chops has the potential to be one of the best

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
uhh chops is smart idk why people are saying he isn't

he just isnt as smart as mango b/c no one is

if you have no smarts you will lose to almost everyone you play that is good

mslano

Smash Journeyman
That crew battle was just amazing. I wish we had it recorded, but I can always think back on the highlights: killing myself killing Mendoza, but getting the JV to make up for it, 6 shield pressure jabs into forward smash with Falco on Big D's DK, Roy's 0-death on DK right after the countdown, and of course, the super ridiculous all B button combo with Roy against Vro. I couldn't think of a better way to cap off my time living and playing in Chicago.

Vro

Smash Lord
BRING SETUPS

next week will mark the last week of summer for many of us. the vro zone will start at 3 on monday and wednesday. those will likely be the last vro zones in the suburbs.

BRING SETUPS

those who cannot bring setups, bring drinks, snacks, etc. let's make these last two good ones.

BRING SETUPS

Vro

Smash Lord
possibly, you know we all love to play. are you living at 2e8th? because if you are, good news.

i'm living at 1e8th.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
That crew battle was just amazing. I wish we had it recorded, but I can always think back on the highlights: killing myself killing Mendoza, but getting the JV to make up for it, 6 shield pressure jabs into forward smash with Falco on Big D's DK, Roy's 0-death on DK right after the countdown, and of course, the super ridiculous all B button combo with Roy against Vro. I couldn't think of a better way to cap off my time living and playing in Chicago.
wait wait... are you moving away?

Mars-

Smash Champion
I will see if I can get off of work on Wednesday, I won't be able to on monday but I may be able to come until maybe 4:30ish.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if i hosted a monthly or bi monthly at CoD, who would be interested?

they would happen on saturdays. i'm pretty sure they closed down that one room to finish remodeling it during the summer, so half of it won't be boarded up this time.

and does anyone know how many characters/lines it takes to have your signature show?

Meneks

Smash Lord
if i hosted a monthly or bi monthly at CoD, who would be interested?

they would happen on saturdays. i'm pretty sure they closed down that one room to finish remodeling it during the summer, so half of it won't be boarded up this time.

and does anyone know how many characters/lines it takes to have your signature show?
I'd be interested to go I would just need to find out how to get there by the metra

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
my signature won't show no matter what i do. its just 1 line quote...........................................................

Top Bottom