• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash 4 - Nov. 28-29 - Sat=Singles; Sun=Teams+Melee

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
The only way I'd possibly be able to mkae Sunday, is if singles carry on and I'm still in. In that case, I'd probably be able to do teams. No guarantees though. The sound of lotsa friendlies and crews on Satuday is a pretty good idea too. Anyone know where I can find fake banana peels?

'V'

Smash Lord
It'll most likely be a different ruleset, but that's not really the point here.

The people who actually play Melee here should probably know what exactly they're about to play, and the tournament's literally 1 day away now. Most of the guys in our Melee Social Group probably won't even come, though I would like for them to have this information at least a little bit ahead of time just in case any of them actually CAN make it.

Brawl has had months of preparation for this, even though it hasn't had that much advertisement. Melee only gets 3 DAYS..? After no one was even sure if it was even happening or not? Work schedules? Holiday schedules? AND no rules are even posted yet?

Hmmm...

Esca

Smash Champion
I need ANYONE who can house 5 people to please contact me at: (409) 673-1166.

If I don't answer then call Xyro at (409)692-0697

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It'll most likely be a different ruleset, but that's not really the point here.

The people who actually play Melee here should probably know what exactly they're about to play, and the tournament's literally 1 day away now. Most of the guys in our Melee Social Group probably won't even come, though I would like for them to have this information at least a little bit ahead of time just in case any of them actually CAN make it.

Brawl has had months of preparation for this, even though it hasn't had that much advertisement. Melee only gets 3 DAYS..? After no one was even sure if it was even happening or not? Work schedules? Holiday schedules? AND no rules are even posted yet?

Hmmm...
I don't understand why anyone would be concerned with the Melee ruleset. There's very little deviation throughout tournaments in general, and outside of a couple of outlandish counterpicks (which you can ban), it's not like it's going to affect gameplay very much. If people are expecting Coin Matches, it's best that they save themselves the trouble of going in the first place.

As for bias, nobody really cares either way. Don't be a douche.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Just for you, Vaughn. I just took the La. ruleset, compared it to the SBR ruleset, and added Japes because its status as a strong CP on the SBR list (it didn't have an asterisk saying it was a close vote). There are also a few minor changes like prize payouts and stuff.

Melee Rules

$5 entry

4 stock
8-min. time limit
Items set to "None"
Best 2 of 3 games
Double Elimination Bracket - 55/25/15/5 (may change based on attendance)

The Stage List

Starter

Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick

Brinstar
Corneria
Fountain of Dreams
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City
Poke Floats
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes

Banned

The rest

The Procedure

Game 1 is played on one of the starter stages. At this time, both players stage strike, meaning that each one of you eliminates one stage until one is left, then you play on that stage.

Game 2 starts the counterpick system in a sense if you so choose. It goes like this: Loser of Game 1 chooses the next stage for Game 2, then the winner of Game 1 picks his/her character, then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins. The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

When Game 2 starts, both players each get one stage ban, meaning whatever stage a person decides to ban, that stage cannot be picked for the duration of the match.

Extra rules

- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule is applied - A player may not pick a stage that he/she has already won on.
- Ties are broken by stocks, then percentage.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Singles: 32 entrants

1: Gnes (Diddy)/ Lee(MK/?) (split)
3: Trela (Lucario)
4: Hyro (Toon Link)
5: Reflex (PT)
5: Esca (Pit/ MK)
7: Jerm (Toon Link)
7: Cyphus (DK/ Diddy)
9: Jnig (Wario)
9: Ran Iji (Snake/ Marth)
9: kismet (Falco)
9: fakegeorge (G&W)
13: Nick (DeDeDe)
13: Arcadia (Falco)
13: Xyro (Samus)
13: NiTEZ (Diddy/ DeDeDe?)

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
If possible, I think I can come today but I may need a ride. I live on 2834 iberia street, if you dk where it is you can mapquest it, atm I can't because I'm on a phone atm. If no one can come its fine, just glad I could make it yesterday. Also where do we post shoutouts?

Curlz

Smash Lord
I wasn't able to make it today. I'm sad.
I have a couple of videos on youtube from yesterday.

Curlz vs Blaine Friendlies
Curlz and Oath vs Randall and Blaine $10 MM
Oath vs Hyro $2 MM

Esca

Smash Champion
Singles: 32 entrants

13: Arcadia (Falco)
13: Xyro (Samus)
13: NiTEZ (Diddy/ DeDeDe?)
I'd rather IC's by my name and Luigi. I used mk one time.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather IC's by my name and Luigi. I used mk one time.
***** Esca look like he got terets syndrome. Yeah ***** I saw all that weird *** twitchin when you were playin Kismet.

Shoop doop boop dop. just messin.

So anyway, I wanted to make it to teams but I decided to sleep ALL day because I'm awesome.

Who won teams?

Hyro

Smash Lord
Randall make a separate results thread for singles and random lol

-Ran

Smash Master
We don't have a list of everyone though... =/ Pool leaders assemble!