• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landing Penalty (RCO Lag)

auroreon

Smash Ace
This has been known about for over 2 years.
There is even a code made to fix this glitch.

So
1. Why has this been reposted now by a moderator, member of the BBR and researcher?
2. Why hasn't this been locked?
3. Why isn't there just a thread that covers every glitch, AT and mechanic in the game to ensure that people are aware of things like this?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
because few people new how to actually apply it (pros) and so it just faded away. Why it would it be locked? Its relevant data. There are threads, again people dont know how to apply it and so everyone stops caring. The majority of this community doesnt learn by reading data, which is disheartening, they learn by pros showcasing AT, options, etc. Lastly noone is putting that code in their game at a tournament so thats stupid to state.

I mean the fact that you dont know theres a thread for all glitches, ATs, etc just proves how currently useless a thread like that is to this community.

EDIT: This is also why Metagame Minute is awesome. It is something thats definitely pushing people to actually trying being creative with certain lesser known techs in the game. GIMR Im really glad you decided on this project.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I would to hear how LZR. In fact I would love to have a discussion on how to take advantage of this lag. For instance what options would we be looking for so we can punish and then punish the lag. if someone ledge hops it happens when they land? for instance if a ZSS jabbed falco out of his side b after they side b'ed to the ledge, is it then where they would experience the lag?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I would to hear how LZR. In fact I would love to have a discussion on how to take advantage of this lag. For instance what options would we be looking for so we can punish and then punish the lag. if someone ledge hops it happens when they land? for instance if a ZSS jabbed falco out of his side b after they side b'ed to the ledge, is it then where they would experience the lag?
Most common way to punish RCO lag is to get your opponent to do a ledge option that leaves them on the ground (a ledge roll, getup or getup attack). Keep in mind this also effects characters that use Up B OoS (like Marth, Falcon, Mario etc.). If you can intercept them before they land, you have something easy to punish while juggling them.

Jab-Smash is pretty good with alot of characters, especially if they already have great jabs.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
For example a character like Lucario uses Upb and gets RCO for the next time he lands. Then before he lands, I use the first hit with ftilt (MK) to pop them up a little and then I use fsmash for the kill. It's not really hard, but our local Lucario really is always aware of the lag so it's harder to punish it.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I read somewhere once that this is one of the main reasons why M2K quit using marth.
I wouldve assumed it was because it made his Melee marth confused but that works to lol.

Now Falcos don't seem to really have a problem with this, so I'm curious: Does a Silent Laser cancel out the penalty lag? Because it usually cancels all landing lag.
it makes me rage idk about you lol

Also, can you ISJ to cancel this? at worst it would delay it lol

sometimes when I play falco/marth for a long time then play MK, I keep thinking I have lag when I land -.-

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
yeah iono what hes talking about. Falcos definitely have a problem with this. Especially against a certain character with bat wings.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
does anyone know if this is what the lag is when i land with toon links zair and it doesn't auto cancel??

Top Bottom