• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lambchops marth. wat do u guys think?

Life After Death

Smash Champion

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
I watched all of the first and most of the second clip.

Work on playing against better opponents o.0

But seriously, more double fairs, less nuetral aerial, replace nair with uair when fox is above you, combos the **** outta fox. Remember that down tilt is good edgeguarding option sometimes. Also, your edge guarding with fsmash and ftilt were a bit overextensive. Space back from the ledge a bit and edgeguard with those, same for down tilt.

I think pbnj is in need of advice more-so than you to be honest.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
chops didnt you once tell me that you like sticking with one char?

why th echange all of a sudden

Niko45

Smash Master
The edgeguards are a little aggressive off stage. If they see you jump out at them early they can either go really high or up b from low and get around you. If you hover in a SH waiting to fair they will go high or they will up B down into the ledge. Fair is also really easy to tech so yea it's awesome if they side b to the ledge but fox eventually will get around it.

This fox is really aggressive and not forcing you to approach. This is probably the hardest aspect of marth. Running dtilt and nair are really the best. If fox will let you sit back and just catch him in fair when he comes in then take that all day. Dash attack is good since it's so lucrative when it connects, but always cc immediately if you whiff to help limit punishment. Bait opponents with nair or fair and then dash back to the back of his dash dance and pivot grab their approach. My guess is you will not be fsmash approaching for much longer, since a shielded middle sword fsmash SHOULD BE punished massively (especially when they're at low %, it's just not worth it at all to get a 14% damage 0 power move off with like no combo potential when if unsuccessful it can lead to half-stock punishment).

CC grab pretty much everything.

Look for tipper fsmashes when they're on platforms, even at really low %. Any off stage fox is an edgeguard opportunity, and even if you just manage to force them to recover on stage they will eat more damage/combos.

That tech chase regrab on the top platform of DL was awesome.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Well, the fox needs to work on his tech skill lol.

But seriously, be more precise, and end your combos in Fsmash more. Too lazy to study and watch more, but precision and ending combos in Fsmash is good.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Chops, you've gotta be a little more patient with your edgeguards (and while comboing). You're jumping off the stage way too early, especially with those counter edgeguards (1. it's easy to tech, and 2. Marth dies from being too low). There were quite a few times where if PBnJ had just side B'd instead of upBing he would've made it back (since you jump out before he even starts the up B quite often)

Way too much nair when tech chasing. All Fox has to do is crouch cancel and your nair won't combo. Heck, nair hardly combos Fox into anything in the first place.

Oh...and PBnJ's Fox really needs some work. It's hard to give you advice when the Fox isn't punishing your whiffs like he's supposed to (you missed A LOT of grabs and f-smashes and SHOULD'VE eaten a lot of damage for it...but didn't cause PBnJ didn't go for it <_<) And he's not encouraging you to approach at all (he should be racking damage with lasers until you're just out of sword range, then he should be trying to bait attacks to punish, or rushing you down with nair or something). Mixing up his recovery, lightshield edgeguarding you, ect, ect. Oh well, don't wanna turn this into a Fox critique, but I'd like to see you fight some other players to help you out more.

All in all though, your Marth is pretty orgasmic. Dairs OoS to get out of pressure, edgeguarding with the weak hit of up B, waveland uptilts, you're doing a lot of cool stuff

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Yes, his Marth is EXTREMELY aggressive.

If I had to say, it's definitely a cross between Azens and M2K's Marth. You are trigger happy with your fsmash (not exatly a bad thing, but it can be predictable.) and sometimes you are extremely aggressive. Edge guarding with Marth really is as simple as "ok, you're going to do that? ok!" and then react to it and do something stupid like Marth does.

Your aggressive style reminds me of m2k and your fsmash crap reminds me of azen. haha

I loved your edge guards when PB and J was far horizontally from the stage and you used side b to slow down your momentum and then bair him off. Your Marth is extremely pretty but you need to grab more, be a little more patient, slow down with the fsmashes, and...that's about it. You knew the CG on Fox pretty nicely and your combo ability is better than mine for sure.....shrug. **** Falco mains. lol.

I also noted how you love dair OOS. Falco.....lol

Jun.

Smash Lord
do you guys not understand that these videos are friendlies? Do you play campy and not go for fun edgeguards in friendlies? wth people sigh....

good marth lambchops do you play it in tourney?

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Chops. i really like your marth. i just don't like playing him hes gay >_< but your falco kind a make me wanna pick him up...but a friend of mines said "playing with falco is easy once you could play with fox your pretty much set" is that true guys?? I've tryed i can't even WD that good wit him, i suck lol

Life After Death

Smash Champion
i was tryna play technical most of those friendlies ill try to play more seriously next time.

yea i use secondaries in tourney for fun i just use secondaries to help my main get better and it does i still main falco.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
do you guys not understand that these videos are friendlies? Do you play campy and not go for fun edgeguards in friendlies? wth people sigh....

good marth lambchops do you play it in tourney?
Edgeguarding effectively =/=going for fun edgeguards. Chops could've waited a full second before jumping and still gotten the edgeguard, except he'd then also be able to cover a side B recovery, a shinestall->side B recovery, or a late up B recovery while STILL being able to go for his cool edgeguard.

And Marth's job is to approach. Chops was WHIFFING attacks quite a lot (especially f-smashes), that PBnJ was not punishing which is why I had to comment on it. Chops wanted advice on Marth and all I said was that PBnJ needs to play a little more seriously (and competently) if I'm gonna be able to say anything beyond "work on your spacing and be more patient"

This has nothing to do with a friendly. Frankly you shouldn't ask for critiques on a match where the players aren't playing very seriously anyway (or at least not expect anything in depth).

So yeah...read the posts a little more carefully bro, most of them are along the lines of "PBnJ didn't do what Fox was supposed to do, so we can't help you with your Marth."

PB&J

Smash Hero
i dont camp in friendlies..so dont expect it..cant wait to play all u marths in here in tourny..they were friendlies..have the time we were talking about random stuff anyway..he beats me when im playing good but dont judge too hard off friendlies..

his marth f smash alot stop telling him to do it more..lol

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
i dont camp in friendlies..so dont expect it..cant wait to play all u marths in here in tourny..they were friendlies..have the time we were talking about random stuff anyway..he beats me when im playing good but dont judge too hard off friendlies..

his marth f smash alot stop telling him to do it more..lol
Reading comprehension much?

We said that we CAN'T judge him BECAUSE it's friendlies. Upload some serious matches if you want advice, not bull**** where you're so distracted that you can't punish Marth's f-smash

And of course you don't camp in friendlies. But what about doing it every once in a while so that he actually has experience dealing with it? It's suprisingly hard for Marth to deal with a campy Fox for the first time. Chops is gonna need to know how to approach since he'd be FORCED to do it as a Marth player. He's used to counter attacking approaches and pressuring from a safe distance before approaching (cause he plays FALCO), but Marth's approach style is completely different. I wanna see how effective Chops is at CATCHING Fox, how effective he is at linking kills out of combos on Fox's who DI properly (that repeated uptilt->dair should not be happening. Be a good Fox and just take a couple more hits DIing towards the stage to....not die), and how effective he is at mixing up his recovery to get around edgeguards.

We've already commented on his tech chasing (stop using so much nair), and his combos are pretty solid, but half of the matchup is LANDING THE FIRST HIT, which we haven't been able to critique because you guys weren't playing seriously.

shadow-gate

Smash Cadet
wow, way to take marth critiques seriously dsonic......

marth is tough to get good at. it's just as easy to mess up spacing as it is to miss an l cancel

Top Bottom