• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

l3o0ked for Brawl | Fortitude Valley PCYC | Amaterasu + Forte Love Club win! :D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
imo the prize for all interstate tourneys should be like a signed picture of cobalt

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
well the PCYC needs to be all cashed up by 3.30 so the guy said we have till 3.15 to be out. So all tournament stuff needs to be completed by 3pm giving us 15 minutes to pack up the last TV/Wii (because we should pack up the rest while the last match/final is on)

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
I guess we can have a thing Friday at Bob's place if you guys want.
So long as people get enough sleep for Saturday
instead of playing Mario Party until 6am.

Now after the tournament, are we doing the classic go to Bob's,
then go to a all you can eat restaurant,
go back to Bob's, play some more and then everyone leaves
(Practically a usual Queensland Smasher"s weekend)
or maybe some cricket after the tournament or possibly Sunday if people prefer?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Hey Hey, that was the most epic Mario Party ever, I swear to god I pulled off the most awesome victory in the first one.

Then Ben and Bob pulled some hax **** from their ***** and ***** me in the second lol. Most epic Boo coin grabs ever.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Erm first round of Football, Cronulla host Panthers saturday night. so im out unless there is Foxtel

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
OH! Raise the pressure.
Come play my game.
I , I, will test you....

@Billy: Can't help you there Billy, haha I'd do the same though. :)

@Moose: Ya daft ****, get a ride with us.
Maybe all Snowboard Kids shenanigans should be saved till after the tourny.
But yes, bus is WAY better. :lick:

@kickflip: Whats happening with lift?
Let us know. 0448 993 598 if ya need it. DOn't ring before 3pm today though!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Important info!

There should be parking at the venue, though, it's only like a few spaces so I wouldn't count on it. Best bet would be to drop a TV off and then park somewhere near it on the street.

I didn't have time to get any directions up. Looking at the google maps pictures, it looks like there are a few spots on site, and a row of parking spots on the opposite side of the road to it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...=11,301.14860866182426,,0,-0.7294400000000133

Its the yellow building with spots for parking on the concrete.

I hope that helps!

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
down the road there is 2 homemaker centers with car parking thats free all day(about 5min walk away from the venue)

Sirias

Smash Champion
Holy shh1!I1Ittt...

It's a freakin' gay street party, don't know if I wanna go anymore.
I might get hhrraaaeeeped.

I want to play some Brawl. :c

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
ACCELERATE FOR *****...err PREMIER

Great Tourny Guys!

Shoutouts.

Moose: My epic team partner! Sorry i was a bad bowser and picked you a bad counterpick :( Im just not that good anymore haha.

Vyse: Diddy is amazing as usual watching you against that game n watch you were looking really smooth.
epic train ride home is epic.

Booker: Thanks for the venue man!! AND THE EPIC FALCON COMBO I GAVE YOU~ 4 STOCK COMEBACK AND A ZERO TO DEATH URGHHHHH SO MANNNN. Anyways always good to see you your awesome.

Sieg: Good SF4 Man. I'll catch you one day... one day.

Ben: Meleeeeeee <3 your shieks looking hot Needs falcon practise. Hold a melee meet sometime with the brisbane guys ill attend. :)

Chris: FUUUUUUUUUU... Lol too good as always too bad my fox ***** you in n64 but =P

Ant: IF YOUR NOT GONNA BRING YOUR FARKING A GAME THEN WHY SHOW UP. LOL man so funny. laughed so hard on the train ride up was epic. Especially with your mate as well hes a sik ****.

Hotdogs: You kirby beast stop ****** me!!! Haha. Your so good man. Good shiz.

DJkaion: Epic doubles matches man your robs so sweet. Well have to catch up and pracitise some day.

Jamyz: Sweet bowser v snake matches man love it!!

Bob: Whats for lunch? Lol Yoshis getting heaps better!

Dino: Thanks for my sunnies man :)

And to anyone else i may have missed thanks for a great tournament hope to see you all at the next one!

~Peace Out~

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Hey, thanks Anthony/Booker for organising the tourney yesterday, turned out to be quite a bit of fun =)
Anyway, it was also great to see so many new faces,seemed as if we attracted quite a few of the Brisbane brawlers

Anyway,
Booker: Thanks for organising the venue and giving me directions, and I guess I'll hang onto the smash wrestling belt for now >.<

Vyse: Thanks for teaming with me, it was good fun with all the different characters =)
It was also great to see you playing so well in both singles and doubles

Accelerate: It was good to see you putting your faith in Bowser even though it made Nick rage...and alsoit was good to see you trying out new stuff in brawl in general. No sympathy since you'll get me back in melee/64

Hotdog: Well done on placing so high yet again,your spacing and approach with kirby was great and made things pretty tricky =/
Hope to see more of you around

Bob/Dino: Thanks again for setting up stuff, carting around tvs and hosting for us later, always a great amount of fun when you're around =) (Oh, and some epic yoshi combos bob =o )

Djkaoin: It was great to see you as usual picking so many different characters, you were playing great yesterday in teams and your gaw was a monster in singles =)

Anyway, I just want to reitterate what I was basically asking everyone yesterday:
-If you see my Wiimote (has rechargeable batteries in it)
-My memory card (Is just a normal grey)
Let me know, was a bit pissed off that someone took my controller when it was with all my bags/tv on just that one table

Anyway, great smashing with everyone and looking forward to the next tourney

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll do my shoutouts later.

I just wanna say that was a great tournament guys. I had a lot of fun today with everyone, and it was good to see a lot of new faces. You guys really helped this tournament from falling apart. Chris is a champion for dropping my stuff off too. Plus DJ who, as always, comes threee time as prepared.

Seems people had been picking up a few items that weren't their's. Kickflip also lost a wiimote.
People should not be using equipment that isn't their's without the express permission of the people who own them. Next time I'll have to enforce a rule or two about that kind of thing since this has happened before.

EDIT: RESULTS

1: Forte Love Club (Amaterasu/Vyse) Name was Chris's idea rofl
2: Heavyweights (James/Kaion)
3: Adventure of the Hazardous Pimp (Mitchel/Kickflip)
4: Secret of the Tacos (Moose/Accelerate)
5: Grab to Falcon Punch (l3o0keR/Arrow)
5: Ricky^2 (Stick/Rocko)
7: We're Screwed (Hotdog/Rarno)
7: how lil shawty finna ride tonight (Juss/Chief)
9: Club of Manliness (Scrubs/etc)
9: NORWAY!!!!! NAH IT'S TIN HEAD' (DjCat/Dino)
9: Straight Cottees (ShakenBake/Matt)
9: Going Mary (Stretch/Ron)

1: Amaterasu (Metaknight/Pikachu)
2: Hotdogs (Kirby/Metaknight)
3: Accelerate (ROB)
4: Vyse (Diddy Kong/Falco)
5: Scrubs (Dedede/Wario)
5: Stick (ROB/Olimar)
7: DJCat (Yoshi)
7: Arrow (Snake)
9: Moose (Pit/Marth?)
9: l3o0keR (Olimar/Ice Climbers)
9: Kickflip (Lucas)
9: Rocko
13: Grav1sh (DK)
13: Juss
13: DjKaion
13: Rarno
17: Ron
17: Mitchel
17: Chief
17: James
17: Dino
17: Stretch

Muerte

Smash Rookie
Was fun (Rarno here btw), really enjoyed watching the better people play, especially Vyse's Diddy, holy hell that **** is nuts.

Woulda liked to vs some of you guys at SF4 but too bad Colin hopped on before I could and started beasting. :(

Sieg

Smash Champion
You were there too?

I didn't see you.

He only beasted with Ryu lol. I took out his Guile fine.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Pfft, Serious lol.

If he wasn't serious he shouldn't have gotten on. I'll beast his Guile anyday.

And I'll take his Ryu next time.

Muerte

Smash Rookie
Heh, if you say so. :p

Edit: Colin tends to be a beast at near any game he puts his mind to. He's one of the better SF4 players that I know of, with Hai being the best in Bris IIRC, he's a fantastic Tekken player but practically refuses to play it anymore, and last I knew he was great at TF2. I don't really know what else he does though.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Small mistake. Pretty sure it was Kaion/James who came 2nd. Although I'd need someone to confirm that, since I don't remember too well, rofl.

@SF4:
Billy will appreciate it when I say:
"Gamers who talk **** get owned real quick" - Teabag, 2008

Anyway, thanks for the shoutouts Chris, Ryan. I think I just got a good run through the bracket. Hotdogs and Ryan are just too good for me =_=

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Jaymz first tournament post.

Doubles was heaps fun, haha mk + ROB are too good on rainbow ride.
Special thanks to Kaion for teaming with me and congrats to Amaterasu and Vyse for owning us twice.

As for singles... i got *****. Couldn't even get close to your ROB, Accelerate nice job oh and bowser beast.

All in all good funz, great to meet some people and I'm heaps keen for some more meets.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Shout ouuuuuuuuts!

Kickflip:
Hey, it was good vs'ing you man, I nearly lost to your Ice Climbers... crazy *** chain grabs =( I was lucky that Nana died straight away or I would've lost that match I reckon lol, good game.

Vyse:
Ahahah Vyse! You were one of the people I was hoping to beat at the tourney. You still have one crazy *** Diddy ay, I was so friggin lucky on the last match haha. Bad luck man, if you didn't jump into the water you would've won that match for sure =P

Accelerate:
You were the other person I was hoping to beat as well =P, really nice ROB man, thanks for taking out Vyse so I didnt have to vs him again =P I look forward to vs'ing you again.

Amaterasu:
Ahhh last but not least! Every time I seem to vs you I just end up giving up and playing real bad for some reason haha =P, you're too good for me... you even beat me with IC's and you barely even use them =( but you're gonna be my next person I'm going to try beat next tourney lol. It was good vs'ing you.

And I can't remember who else I played, but thanks Vyse for organising the tourney and thanks to Booker for booking the place out, closer to my area =P

I look forward to the next tourney.

Peace.

Top Bottom