• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 3: This Saturday!! NJ 9/25!!

3v3s or Low Tier FFAs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The venue closes at 10pm but just in case the tourney goes on longer I may be able to have 2 suites in the hotel connected together to finish the tourney. Still planning to be done by 10 though so makes sure you players are here ON TIME!!

Also someone please help Alex Strife with a ride.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Me too, now that I secured a ride, I want to do doubles or triples (not both)

So I am also looking for a partner.

Tant or Strife?

Alex Strife, My ride has room however we cannot come get you in NY (or at least he doesn't want to), however I live very close to many bus stops (167T/167Q/168) coming in through port authority. The costs to go get you are stupid (seriously, 8 dollars each way to get you, 16 at minimum, then for gas) so it would be a lot easier to bus to my town, and then we drive you from there.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
stamina wound be fun, but you would need a fair way to compensate wright classes.

but characters like fox, falco, olimar, etc... would be favored to much by stamina mode
You mean like how normal combat favors MK, Snake, etc?

Different mode, different tiers. Doesn't mean the game is broken.

Stamina is bad, lower percentage doesn't make you go further. Thus Falco can grab you can just keep D-throw chain grabbing you forever LOL

@Kiet: thanks
Good argument. Not going farther isn't bad (hell, it would be nice to see a combo game in this stuff). Chaingrabs do get silly though.

set damage ratio to 1.1

Falco cant even chain grab ganon at 300% without a bad airdodge on ganon's part lol

Stamina mode is silly though, and it would be heavily slanted towards certain characters, but there are ways around chaingrabs

edit: except D3s, which is really stupid and keeps working on snake until you set damage ratio to 1.5.

He'd pretty much ruin any sort of metagame stamina would have, since he can basically camp half the cast
1.1 is pretty good read. I'm also getting a read that D3 sucks, because he'll be EXACTLY like he is in regular Brawl, where he gets WRECKED by the

Ice Climbers might be silly though. High chances of dropping a grab, but one grab could end it.

In the end, I definitely wouldn't try to make too many reads into a metagame this deep without testing. Nothing is broken except MK, and he's probably not even ban-able in this format.

Pierce wit da dumazz posts as usual.
I know right?

Hey,

Listen guys me and cristin need a ride. We are willing to pay for gas, tolls, and a little extra. I do not want to take the train at night I want a ride home. I will provide housing and food and stuff. Ask anyone who has stayed with me I am an amazing host for when people come over. Please give me and crismas a ride to and from it would help me a lot and I would not ask and write this paragraph if I did not really need it.
True facts. Alex Strife's hosting in housing scenarios is of the same quality of his tournaments.

I still think Shippo and Anti should team.
On a serious note. If you're looking for a double's partner, I'm currently available Anti.

Also, Malcolm, if you happen to be reading, I've been wanting to team with you for a while, and if you're free, I'd LOVE to team. I mainly use MK in doubles, but sometimes people don't have good synergy teaming with MK, and I play a variety of characters on a high level, including Marth, Snake, Falco (not often in doubles), and Olimar (for a curveball).

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
I was more referring to how heavy characters are supposed to live longer... in smash the don't fly as far and in sf they have more health

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I was more referring to how heavy characters are supposed to live longer... in smash the don't fly as far and in sf they have more health
Naturally, when the objective of knocking your opponent away is removed, weight plays a different role. In fact, HEAVIER characters are at a disadvantage here. I don't see why light characters shouldn't get rewarded. Weight is still a "relevant stat", it just doesn't reward you as "health or defense" in this format.

Honestly, I'm failing to see the problem. Yes, it is true that the game was balanced with weight in mind; however, I do not feel that this balance was so precise that we create a broken game by transferring the purpose of "weight".

After all, we're virtually eliminating knockback growth anyway.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Keitaro, can we have a hygiene rule? Like make people go take a shower if they smell bad? Seriously people shower before coming please.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
the norm in the majority of fighters is that slower, bigger, "heavier" characters have two benefits to counter their lack of speed and mobility. these two things are stronger atks and more defense/health. smash compensates defense/health by making the launch speed slower for the heavier characters, which is equivalent to having more health since they are harder to kill. stamina makes everyone have the same amount of health which defeats the entire point of weight classes in the game

I wrote this in lengthy paragraph (aka pierce format), in hopes that you will understand it better

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Regular or Hold'em?
yo shippo i was looking at your location and you live right by me and pierce. i dont really know you but i was wondering if you could give me a ride to this. im a pretty old skool smasher ive been part of the scene for like 3-4 years but i kinda quit for a little while. pierce, anti, or pretty much any ny smashers can vouch that im not like a stalker killer or whatever.

if you guys arent getting alex strife you think i could get a ride with you?

also if not we should play sometime, i really need to start hitting you and pierce up

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
yo shippo i was looking at your location and you live right by me and pierce. i dont really know you but i was wondering if you could give me a ride to this. im a pretty old skool smasher ive been part of the scene for like 3-4 years but i kinda quit for a little while. pierce, anti, or pretty much any ny smashers can vouch that im not like a stalker killer or whatever.

if you guys arent getting alex strife you think i could get a ride with you?

also if not we should play sometime, i really need to start hitting you and pierce up
I haven't seen you for 3 to 4 years lol, I didn't know you still played smash.

Jtails

Smash Lord
poker? so you want me to take your money huh.
anyone wanna $10 mm at this? if i can afford it

Top Bottom