• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 3: This Saturday!! NJ 9/25!!

3v3s or Low Tier FFAs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ANTi_

Smash Hero
anti lets team because you said we can team 3 times and i teamed once at gametable. Me and atomsk did good at apex mk dedede. LETS **** THESE BOOTY PEOPLE.
Idk son, you get pissed when you lose.

And i don't want to have to worry about my partner being angry.

I'll give you the $20.

EDIT : thats also the reason why im reluctant to team with Inui. Got no time for that anger ish.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
idk son, you get pissed when you lose.

And i don't want to have to worry about my partner being angry.

I'll give you the $20.

Edit : Thats also the reason why im reluctant to team with inui. Got no time for that anger ish.
alright traitor i shal beat you in singles again

well i need partner for this if bro goes.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
alright traitor i shal beat you in singles again

well i need partner for this if bro goes.
I mean if you didn't get mad when you lose then i would team with you lol.

I might go with JTAILS~ boy keeps composure

EDIT : ill get Bizkit to **** you up in singles LOL

Keitaro

MK and Snake mains going ZSS, DDD, and Falco??

Singles gonna be my money making time!

May payout top 7 somehow if enough players enter (probably 70 people +)

I won't be paying out of the pot though cause if 70 people enter that should be more than enough to pay the venue costs so ill have enough left over to at least give 7th place their money back.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yayuhzz!

Teaming with Malcolm IF i get a ride since he's ok with me going all DDD no matter whut :)

+

He doesn't get mad :)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

May payout top 7 somehow if enough players enter (probably 70 people +)

I won't be paying out of the pot though cause if 70 people enter that should be more than enough to pay the venue costs so ill have enough left over to at least give 7th place their money back.
Sounds awesome for IC's.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

IF you don't meet the Falco slayer in bracket, that is. :)

Reposting my request for the nth time:

Would someone PLEASE give me a ride to this? It'd let me stay longer/have more fun/make it easier on my parents/make it easier to convince my parents to let me go.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
IF you don't meet the Falco slayer in bracket, that is. :)

Reposting my request for the nth time:

Would someone PLEASE give me a ride to this? It'd let me stay longer/have more fun/make it easier on my parents/make it easier to convince my parents to let me go.
Yeah same I need a ride to this, I could possible bring more ppl too if needed, to split gas and stuff

Keitaro

What town do you 2 live in? I can't do rides but can possibly find someone to pick ya'll up if its decently along the way.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
EDIT : thats also the reason why im reluctant to team with Inui. Got no time for that anger ish.
I don't get mad at my partners, just myself.

Looks like all of the people I wanted to team with...ended up teaming with each other.

Time to make sure Zucco isn't em0 and wants to attend this so I can beat all of the teams here. :)

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
You don't know what town I love in? Montclair all day baby? D;. Montclair=most accessible town ever
Bullcrap.

Teaneck/Hackensack is on top tier for accessible.

Ft. Lee is probably GOD tier for the fact every highway northeast bound ends there. (1-9, 46. 4, 17, 80, 95, 3)

other places would be

New/North Brunswick
Paterson
Newark

Inui

Banned via Warnings
^ n00b

living next to good public trans makes a place actually accessible

like how I live a few blocks from a major station, lol

edit: ****ing phil

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I be breaking ur arrows

btw u teaming with Zucco? or maybe convince Shadow to come if he wasn't already going to

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
^ n00b

living next to good public trans makes a place actually accessible

like how I live a few blocks from a major station, lol

edit: ****ing phil

Due to my proximity to NYC, having a train would be pointless, we use buses around here, and there are a **** ton.

Just living next to a train does nothing for people who DRIVE.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
said major station is also for buses and is near a major road

as are all train stations

n00b
A major road is okay, but doesn't mean anything when getting to that town requires backroads.

The fact is, just cause it has a train doesn't mean it's easy to get to.

Doom's House is a good look at this.

Buses and Trains run near new milford from NYC or a transfer to a lighter rail from the Meadowlands (not sure doom, please correct me on this), however by CAR it's annoying to get to.

V-17 is a good example of "ease of access" without the use of a train. It's right on route 17, which has junctions of 4/80 which has closer junctions of i-95/46 which has ANOTHER junction of 1-9. all junctions being within a 5-10 min drive. V-17 also has a bus from New York that runs near it, it seems lacking in that department as it's a bit of a walk but doable.

When going somewhere you have to consider all 3 modes of transit and how to get there.

If doom, by train wants to get to....Smurf's house in west orange...

He has to

1. Get to a train station
2. take west milford train to Meadowlands/NYC (again, not sure which one hits it)
3. take a train from there to newark
4. take a train from there to west orange

both of which are on "major roads" and "have train stations/public transit" but is still a ***** to get to.

please come back to me when you have relied on all 3 modes of transit for most of your life.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=100+Frank+w+Burr+Blvd,+Teaneck,+Bergen,+New+Jersey+07666&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.231745,86.572266&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FbanbwIdFMaW-w&split=0&hq=&hnear=100+Frank+w+Burr+Blvd,+Teaneck,+Bergen,+New+Jersey+07666&ll=40.871452,-74.001331&spn=0.008454,0.021136&t=h&z=16

Prime example of a venue I want to use, also the first stop of a bus line coming from New York Port Authority (walking distance from New York Penn Station), and at the crossroads of 2 of the nations most traveled highways, i-80(Cali -> NJ) and i-95 (FL -> Maine).

oh yeah, and parking.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I live in West Milford, not New Milford. All it takes to get to my house from NYC is a single bus from Port Authority.

Additionally, I'm extremely easy to access by car. <_< There are no high-traffic roads around me, and route 23 is crazy accessible. 80, 46/3 (and the parkway leading to these routes), 287, and plenty of back roads going through Ringwood lead to my house.

I'm 40ish minutes from Passaic, just under 50 from Teaneck, an hour from Dave's, a tad over an hour from dmbrandon's, and an hour and a half from Inui's. I'm also an hour from Manhattan by car. That's...hardly "annoying" to get to. The closest tournaments to me are V-17s, which I have to drive 45 minutes to. Everyone can do the same.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
I live in West Milford, not New Milford. All it takes to get to my house from NYC is a single bus from Port Authority.

Additionally, I'm extremely easy to access by car. <_< There are no high-traffic roads around me, and route 23 is crazy accessible. 80, 46/3 (and the parkway leading to these routes), 287, and plenty of back roads going through Ringwood lead to my house.

I'm 40ish minutes from Passaic, just under 50 from Teaneck, an hour from Dave's, a tad over an hour from dmbrandon's, and an hour and a half from Inui's. I'm also an hour from Manhattan by car. That's...hardly "annoying" to get to. The closest tournaments to me are V-17s, which I have to drive 45 minutes to. Everyone can do the same.
Just seems everytime I go to your house I feel like I'm taking a ton of backroads. Leaving your house at night is also scary. may just be an illusion due to that...Still it's an annoying drive in my perspective.

And annoying doesn't mean "long", Pound 4 was NOT annoying to get to in the SLIGHTEST, mostly because it was like 4 turns in total, with a ton of highway merges. DELTACOD(and he's really close) is an annoying drive from me while Inui's is not. The more turns it is off of a main highway the more annoying it is in my opinion.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
HEY MAN YOU KNOW WHAT MY HOUSE IS BETTER FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION BECAUSE MY HOUSE IS A ROCKET SHIP AND IT FLIES ME PLACES SO THERES MY LONG ESSAY AS TO WHY MY TOWN IS BETTER FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION ALSO YOURE ALL FREE

caps

Inui

Banned via Warnings
A major road is okay, but doesn't mean anything when getting to that town requires backroads.

The fact is, just cause it has a train doesn't mean it's easy to get to.
are you a n00b?

wait, don't answer that, lmao

I said major stations

like, nearly Newark status

Asbury Park, for instance, as I live near it and all

I live very close to major routes such as Routes 18, 33, and 35. I live close to Parkway exits.

if someone lives near a major station, they're easy to get to

@Doom: your place is a pain in the **** to get to

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
How to get to my house:

Find some way to route 23 via 80, 46/3/parkway, 287/208/4.
2 miles on Echo Lake Road
2 miles on Macopin Road
Half a mile on Westbrook Road
Half a mile on Ridge Road
Less than a quarter of a mile on Baron Road
Turn right and you're at my house.

5.25 miles off the highway. From your house in Teaneck, it's less than a mile to 80. For Inui, it's however long it takes to get from 33 onto the parkway. Very little time spent on back roads.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
33 ends and turns into Broadway and I live on the next street over. Gdlk.

Anyways, trying to form a beast triples team still...

Me, Zucco, and Shadow? Italian power. :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Inui/Zucco/Yes!

I'll time out whoever you need me to time out lucas! My stocks are better off used that way!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui/Zucco/Yes!

I'll time out whoever you need me to time out lucas! My stocks are better off used that way!
*** there is no timer in crews

unless they are going with the BETTER idea of 3v3 being crews without stocks carrying over, Japanese fighting game style

Top Bottom