• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 3: This Saturday!! NJ 9/25!!

3v3s or Low Tier FFAs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Kelvin - I don't really care, I'm going to enter anyway. Even if there's a Mew2King/Ally/DEHF team or something.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Nairo is the only one to beat me as of late. Early 09 Anti wins dont matter much imo.

BUT YOU STILL WIN SO COUNT IT.

@Doom what makes you think im not in EC? lol

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Kelvin - I don't really care, I'm going to enter anyway. Even if there's a Mew2King/Ally/DEHF team or something.
Oh i dont care if you're entering or not.

i care when someone says a team like that is impossible to beat cuz quite frankly that's false.

this right here reminds me when people said you were a mini inui. how nostalgic.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
LOL my ***** coney didnt even list you. get *****.

Kinda. I just wanna prove a point. watching these old vids of snakeee is like mad inspirational cuz he plays mad fast and fun to watch. now hes sluggish and homo and still wont give his old style another try. if a has been like me could be able to **** with his style, then he could too :) so its all good. itll be for fun so nothing to get flustered about if i lose. :bee:

i really hope i dont get falcos in bracket though... :(

and LOL yeah anti needs a teammate. inb4inui
Snakeee's old style beat my wario. New style...not so much, and we all know I haven't done **** to change it up :laugh:. I wish he'd go back to old style too it was so ****.

lol you're gay for counting. i didnt even count cables votes which is what i was waiting for the entire time.
I heard people voted for my fox? I hope I beat Nakat!

Shadow doesnt like you *****!
No one likes you.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Anti, I was quoting Inui when I said "supposedly".

Kelvin, that statement was also largely based off of quoting Inui/intentionally using his mentality for the post, but whatever you say.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Let Anti/Ally/Atomsk do whatever the hell they want. They're really ****ing good and smart players if they do what it takes to win which is pool their skills together. No disrespect to any of them, but they're not unbeatable, and neither is Ksizzle/Cable/Nairo (again, no disrespect). I've come really close to beating Cable and when I play anyone I don't let fear or doubt come into my mind at all. Anyone who wants to back out for fear of the competition isn't respectable in my eyes if they supposedly take the game seriously.

With that said, anyone want to do triples with me? Preferably decent players.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
wyatt needs a triples teammate.

it shouldve just been anti adhd atomsk. the 3 best little kids of atlantic north. lol

Cable

Smash Lord
I come in the thread and its a war with words LOL!

Im trying to do my thing in doubles its been a while with the DK punches and triples should be fun best of luck to everybody :)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Let Anti/Ally/Atomsk do whatever the hell they want. They're really ****ing good and smart players if they do what it takes to win which is pool their skills together. No disrespect to any of them, but they're not unbeatable, and neither is Ksizzle/Cable/Nairo (again, no disrespect). I've come really close to beating Cable and when I play anyone I don't let fear or doubt come into my mind at all. Anyone who wants to back out for fear of the competition isn't respectable in my eyes if they supposedly take the game seriously.

With that said, anyone want to do triples with me? Preferably decent players.
Ooh, ooh, pick me!

Coney

Smash Master
NAMESEARCH UP IN THIS *****

doom actually had the fifth most votes but had, like, 16 votes behind patg, didn't feel right putting him up there

tyrant and anti pretty much both all got 2nd tier votes, except tyrant got two more

doesn't matter now anyway, my poor old thread's in a better place

Allied

Smash Master
NAMESEARCH UP IN THIS *****

doom actually had the fifth most votes but had, like, 16 votes behind patg, didn't feel right putting him up there

tyrant and anti pretty much both all got 2nd tier votes, except tyrant got two more

doesn't matter now anyway, my poor old thread's in a better place
sorry coney <333

Cook had it coming

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Slight Time Changes, Be Aware!

Sign-ups: 10:00 am:
Doubles starts: 11:00 am.
Triples (3v3) starts: near the end of doubles, about 2:00/2:30
Singles starts: After triples, about 3:30/4:00

I'm going to be strict with times so COME EARLY!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Triples should be double elimination; paying $5 to potentially only play a single match's worth of stocks is very lame and it will go by very quickly anyways. In fact, the whole tournament will go by quickly if you enforce DQ rules. Keitaro, I'll do it for you if you're not tough enough. :)

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Sign-ups: 10:00 am:
Doubles starts: 11:00 pm.
Triples (3v3) starts: near the end of doubles, about 2:00/2:30
Singles starts: After triples, about 3:30/4:00

I'm going to be strict with times so COME EARLY!!
doubles starts at 11 at night? and the other events are in the middle of the night? i wont be able to make it then.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
doubles starts at 11 at night? and the other events are in the middle of the night? i wont be able to make it then.
Nope he meant doubles starts @ 11 because he said triples starts AFTER doubles @ 2/3.

We **** well wouldn't be @ this tourny at 2 or 3AM.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
no guys, signups will be at 10 am. triples will start at 2pm, singles starts at 3 or 4pm. doubles starts at 11pm. Keitaro really hates doubles.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
That makes a lot of sense. Who doesn't love some late night doubles?

Or maybe he's hoping for another mixup and only have the venue until 7 PM?

inb4moneyback

Keitaro

**** you guys lol!

I fixed it.

Honestly Inui I would like to do double elimination for Triples and possibly payout 3rd place but I have the venue till 10pm. which can sound like alot of time but at the same time it isn't unlimited. If doubles runs fast (In losers semis by 1:30) then I will conisder making triples double elim and starting it around 1:30.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It will be more than enough time if you actually enforce DQ rules, have people wait on deck for matches, and don't allow friendlies until the amount of matches to be played is less than the amount of set-ups. That's how I managed to finish EC Presents: No Maps! by 2am with only 7 set-ups. Go look at the number of entrants and events on AiB for that event, and you'll see that is rather impressive.

You need an enforcer/cohost? Let me do it. Just waive my venue fee. I'm bringing a full set-up anyways.

Keitaro

Hmmm.... 2am sounds crazy but with the proposed start time of 1pm and 4 double elimination events, every thing ended in about 13 hours which is very impressive.

For this one we have 11 hours and if I make triples double elim, there will be 3 double elimination events where 2 of them (doubles and triples) won't take long to finish at all.

Gaaahhh I think I'm able to take your offer for cohosting. Keep your word in helping me end this on time and you'll get more than just venue fee off :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Give me the authority to enforce DQ rules and let me help with seeding and calling matches and it will end quickly. dmbrandon is also very good for this if he decides to show up.

I'll make sure to show up early to help with sign-ups and making the brackets quickly.

btw this is literally my birthday weekend lol

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Gaaahhh I think I'm able to take your offer for cohosting. Keep your word in helping me end this on time and you'll get more than just venue fee off :D
Wtf, I didn't get any sexual favors when I helped you host D;

Man... Fat Sammiches <3

Keitaro

DM should be here. I should also have a mic this time so we won't have to scream.

Everything else that you have said sounds good too.

Triples will now be double elim and will payout to 3rd place if at least 10 teams (30 people) enter.
Wtf, I didn't get any sexual favors when I helped you host D;
All you had to do was ask.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
run brawl minus and diem will come.

also theres a red robins somewhere near the venue right? if so, hypeeee.

Keitaro

I'm about to start working at that Red Robin resturaunt again if they let me be a server. Gonna speak to them in an hour.

Honestly I don't ever think imma have a modified Brawl game event at any of my tournies. Hell, ill make up events before I decide to have Brawl division at a KTAR :p

That's pretty much what I did for this one.

I will also never have one of my tournies run standard rules that's seen at 90% of all tournies. Ironic but I get bored easily, which is why I quit competitive Melee as soon as Brawl came out.

Also thanks for the help Inui. NJs first great host is still a great one.

Top Bottom