• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 3: This Saturday!! NJ 9/25!!

3v3s or Low Tier FFAs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I can't wait to beat you there with Falco!

@ Vex: Falco ***** ICs there, just sayin.
uh..... no, not at all, maybe during certain stage transitions, but during the moving platforms part, the normal neutral position, I can just corner you and grab you, and if you ever have to recover onto the stage with a b move, you lose a stock.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@ Both: The stage will indeed be for cp, but I was joking about myself winning there. Against certain players, I'll ban it, but I most likely wont. I suck on most cp stages regardless so this won't change much for me since I'll probably lose on any cp vs a good player lol!

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
@ Both: The stage will indeed be for cp, but I was joking about myself winning there. Against certain players, I'll ban it, but I most likely wont. I suck on most cp stages regardless so this won't change much for me since I'll probably lose on any cp vs a good player lol!
I won't ban it vs you if I have to play you, please pick it.

Keitaro

I won't ban it vs you if I have to play you, please pick it.
I suck on crazy cps, no way I'll pick it lol! I'll probably just cp nuetrals at this unless I'm fighting some really weird character.

I don't have these cps on to help myself in tourney. Only benefit I have from my rules is 2 bans so I don't have to go to Brinstar or RC. Much rather fight on Port Town than either of those two.

Keitaro

After an hour of discussion with a friend and testing stages, a stage will be taken off the CP list. This stage *sniff* is Port Town.

That ****'s gaaaayyyyyy lolol!!

You guys are saved for this tournament. I stand corrected.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Port Town is actually a good doubles stage, we've had it used in MD recently with no complaints, I would consider leaving it for a Doubles CP.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
After an hour of discussion with a friend and testing stages, a stage will be taken off the CP list. This stage *sniff* is Port Town.

That ****'s gaaaayyyyyy lolol!!

You guys are saved for this tournament. I stand corrected.
So... you randomly decided to add it not knowing about it, then tested it for alittle bit and decided it was broken? wtf?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
everything is so confusing

is there even gonna be time for triples?

i think a all-brawl side event would be more fun

Keitaro

Even with 80 entrants there should be enough time for triples. I even pushed the doubles start time earlier by 1 hour. Triples will also be a single elimination bracket.

@ Vex: No, I tested it many times before but after recent testing with my friend I found too many flaws for it to be allowed.

Allied

Smash Master
I would love to come and really try out this 3v3 extra event

However i completely do not support the stage list, so i'll cya all at a most likey better tournament

happy birthday kietaro!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I like all the stages except japes

Also you should call the 5 "neutral" stages "starter stages", as they aren't all truly neutral are they, but they are starter stages

Keitaro

@ Allied: Thanks but spell my name right!

@ Tant: Thanks I'll do that.

Double edit at Allied: gl finding a better tourney around here that has parking and a sexy venue.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
all-brawl! all-brawl!

the midwest had it as a side event at one of their events and livestreamed it and its soooo cool

i believe it goes all matches are best of 1 FFA, all items are on, all stages are on random, 8 min time
two people advance from each match. the player who is left at the end is one of the players. the 2nd who advances is whoever has the most kills of the 3 remaining players.

Keitaro

That sounds like fun Chibo, and it would probably run very fast, but after adding triples, and considering there will be around 60 ppl at this, I most likely won't have any time for more side events :(

I'm going to be strict with time too but I still don't think there will be enough time for it. Thats similar to what I wanted to do originally regarding FFAs though.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Keitaro, you should do something TO's never do. Actually ENFORCE the mages DQ rule. It's listed in every tourney rules section but never ever enforced. Be an azzhole, people should be on time for their matches.

Keitaro

I saw JG use it pretty well at the last KOTC which helped get things going very fast. I plan on copying his strictness myself.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
me and rogue are driving to this and teaming

everyone needs to get mega hyped x4

the original team is back

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Anti, Ally, Atomsk/ADHD Crew gon win.
I'll not enter and start a protest to make sure nobody else enters if the three best players there all group together. That is boring and gay. We'd just be automatically giving you money.

Why not do an ACTUAL CREW, which you're supposedly in?

Keitaro

Don't worry Inui, even if they team, 2nd place is guaranteed to make at least triple the money they used to enter per person.

@ Chibo: Oh SNAP!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Don't worry Inui, even if they team, 2nd place is guaranteed to make at least triple the money they used to enter per person.

@ Chibo: Oh SNAP!!
Still extremely gay to just contribute to one team making a lot of cash and praying you get 2nd to them.

At least in normal doubles, 3rd, and often 4th, get money.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
do it like manhunt but like see how much ppl r entering, say 21 ppl wanna enter 3vs3. u pick the 7 best players as captains and the worst 1 of those get first pick and it goes on from there. say 30 ppl wanna enter. then in that case ther would be 10 captains(top 10 best players who wanna enter)

Top Bottom