• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 3: This Saturday!! NJ 9/25!!

3v3s or Low Tier FFAs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
so then what would they do in the event of a time out? imo both players should lose all their stocks.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Honestly I'd love to make them battle it out in sudden death lol! But the more logical choice is to have both players lose all their stocks.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
which opens up another issue. the player with less stocks can just run the clock instead of actually fighting...too many loopholes /sigh

also, no@sudden death you crazy person

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
which opens up another issue. the player with less stocks can just run the clock instead of actually fighting...too many loopholes /sigh

also, no@sudden death you crazy person
Deltacod's Crews Timeout Rule!

In the event of a timeout, both players will simultaneously take off stocks one at a time until one player has no stocks remaining.

Example:

I have 1 stock, Yes has 3 stocks.

Should the time run out, we will both take off one stock at a time until one player is out of stocks. So it would go like this:

Deltacod: 1 > 0
Yes: 3 > 2

He would only lose 1 stock.

Keitaro

Deltacod's Rule will be put into effect!!

Ill update the first post in a bit with it.

ADHD and Deltacod have their own KTAR specific rules. Who's next?!

iLiCiS

Smash Rookie
Im new to this whole thing and was wondering if it was open to all. Or just your personal friends on the forum. If so sorry to intrude.

iLiCiS

Smash Rookie
oh and if anyone would like a partner i know i am new to the boards and ppl might not want some random person to team with but i used to play almost everyday lately not so much i do however play on occasions. I can use just about any character not saying im great with all but i seem to think im about avg with mostly all. I am willing to be a team player and do whatever is best for the team and listen as long as you dont go on and on :) haha. but anyways please let me know if anyone is interested you may AIM me since im so unfamiliar with these forums

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Im new to this whole thing and was wondering if it was open to all. Or just your personal friends on the forum. If so sorry to intrude.
It's open to everyone, but a new rule Keitaro, the host, is planning on putting is the Punching Zucco in the Face rule. It's mandatory and I hope you bring tons of friends with you! :)

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
oh and if anyone would like a partner i know i am new to the boards and ppl might not want some random person to team with but i used to play almost everyday lately not so much i do however play on occasions. I can use just about any character not saying im great with all but i seem to think im about avg with mostly all. I am willing to be a team player and do whatever is best for the team and listen as long as you dont go on and on :) haha. but anyways please let me know if anyone is interested you may AIM me since im so unfamiliar with these forums
bro usually asking for partners on threads never work so id suggest you ask for some1 to team with you at the tournament lol

and hows DNA going? any updates?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Deltacod's Crews Timeout Rule!

In the event of a timeout, both players will simultaneously take off stocks one at a time until one player has no stocks remaining.

Example:

I have 1 stock, Yes has 3 stocks.

Should the time run out, we will both take off one stock at a time until one player is out of stocks. So it would go like this:

Deltacod: 1 > 0
Yes: 3 > 2

He would only lose 1 stock.
Problem with this rule,

Delta has 200%

Yes has 0%

Both at 1 stock, would whoever has the less amount of % win?

Another example, delta at 1 stock 200%, yes at 2 stocks 0%, should he honestly lose that stock if it goes to time?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Vex there's too many loopholes to be exploited. This is the least sucky rule that comes to mind as of now. If you have a better one please contribute.

Delta I'd only go Wolf on you.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Problem with this rule,

Delta has 200%

Yes has 0%

Another example, delta at 1 stock 200%, yes at 2 stocks 0%, should he honestly lose that stock if it goes to time?
Should he honestly lose both stocks if it goes to time?

I never said my rule was perfect. But if you'd rather 1 stock at 200% be able to take out 3 stocks 0% in the event of a timeout, be my guest.

There's nothing else you can really do objectively, except MAYBE a LGL, but I'd rather not put that into a crew battle.

For your example, say the match up being played is Yoshi vs. Wario. What if I grab him in a place I can infinite him? That would be a stock loss right there. What if time runs out as I'm infiniting him? Should I lose my stock? His stock is as good as gone, why should he get to take a stock off me when he's, as far as I'm concerned, dead?

I don't feel subjectivity should ever go into a rule.

inb4Yessaying"I'donlygoWolfonyouDelta"

inafterYesninjasme:mad::mad::mad:

mib004

Smash Ace
in crew battle rules There is usually no timer. Keep the timer att 99:99 "only for wario fart charge up if somebody plays wario".

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
This isn't crews guys. It's triples.

Are we doing bo3's or pokemon style though (last man standing)?

I think there should be a timer, with delta's rule in place. Unless someone has a better rule, there's no point in disputing this one.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
This isn't crews guys. It's triples.

Are we doing bo3's or pokemon style though (last man standing)?

I think there should be a timer, with delta's rule in place. Unless someone has a better rule, there's no point in disputing this one.
Aren't they crews of 3? So it's sort of like crews.

Also, I saw that post edit.

Keitaro

It's open to everyone, but a new rule Keitaro, the host, is planning on putting is the Punching Zucco in the Face rule. It's mandatory and I hope you bring tons of friends with you! :)
lol troll too good!

Hey, it'll be nice to see some more new faces at this event. Also since you seem to be new to the smashboards community, here's a link to the NJ Power Rankings Thread where you can keep up with tournies in the tristate area and keep up with the goofy people of NJ. Hope to see you able to make this tourney :D

Keitaro

Problem with this rule,

Delta has 200%

Yes has 0%

The player who has less percent will move ahead.

Vex said:
Yes. The chances of that happening are also extremely rare and could only be cause by extreme stalling which I will have to come in and punish in most likely a warning/loss of match for the player accused of stalling.

There will be a 8 minute time limit and the LGL will be applied to triples as well.

I'm also going to check out how that other MD/VA tourney did triples and follow any good ideas I see from there as well.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
the player who has less percent will move ahead.

Yes. The chances of that happening are also extremely rare and could only be cause by extreme stalling which i will have to come in and punish in most likely a warning/loss of match for the player accused of stalling.

There will be a 8 minute time limit and the lgl will be applied to triples as well.

I'm also going to check out how that other md/va tourney did triples and follow any good ideas i see from there as well.
lgl 45 imo

Keitaro

lgl @ 2. I play Falco and side B onto the stage all the time.

@ Chibo: Almost all Brawl tournies have ledge grab rules. Triples are also pretty much a new thing around here and the last thing I would like I my own tournament are cheap tactics and wasting of time, especially during matches. If you have any good ideas you'd like to mention feel free to do so.

iLiCiS

Smash Rookie
Thank you keitaro appreciate it. hope i can make it out there to. Probably will debate on it seeing as i will feel kinda awkward and outta place. haha but i will most likely show up.

iLiCiS

Smash Rookie
BIGM1994 I figured as much to just figured id put it out there though. I understand ppl are like thinking is he good is he bad all that stuff. so i suppose it was kinda pointless. lol its just easier to ask like this than in person haha will feel kinda outta place most of you guys are friends already and stuff so yea....

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
BIGM1994 I figured as much to just figured id put it out there though. I understand ppl are like thinking is he good is he bad all that stuff. so i suppose it was kinda pointless. lol its just easier to ask like this than in person haha will feel kinda outta place most of you guys are friends already and stuff so yea....
Most people in this community are very friendly, don't be afraid to walk up to people and talk to them, even if there amazing, cause I know I had this problem when I first entered the community, I was super shy towards people who were amazing.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Uhh... I'm not saying that I'm coming but when I do

Keitaro and Ksizzle you guys wanna make a 3v3 team going all Falco (up until it gets hard?)

Top Bottom