• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kpop Discussion~♡

justaway12

Smash Master
^
Yeah I hear it. :o

About the TVXQ thing, lol @ Ayumi Hamasaki being a mediator.

And TVXQs sales weren't disspointing, not at all, they're the only artist in Japan other than SNSD and KARA to actually sell well, but anyway, I'd actually prefer if they didn't get together, TVXQ as five for me were Zzz, TVXQ as two are much more interesting, in the end I'm not buying the article.

EDIT: It's from a tabloid, so yeah~

tko112

Smash Lord
^
Yeah I hear it. :o

About the TVXQ thing, lol @ Ayumi Hamasaki being a mediator.

And TVXQs sales weren't disspointing, not at all, they're the only artist in Japan other than SNSD and KARA to actually sell well, but anyway, I'd actually prefer if they didn't get together, TVXQ as five for me were Zzz, TVXQ as two are much more interesting, in the end I'm not buying the article.

EDIT: It's from a tabloid, so yeah~
actually, about the sales, i was talking about AVEX the company, not TVXQ

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So earlier today, my friends were talking about how f(x) is going to advance into the Japanese market, and how (a) they should promote in China instead and (b) f(x) has yet to solidify popularity in Korea. I wrote some thoughts on this, tell me what you think! Won't be too long, I hope.

[collapse=f(x) stuff]So I really like f(x). As the current "babies" of S.M., however, they haven't really been gaining explosive popularity compared to their seniors - TVXQ, Super Junior, Soshi, SHINee. And now S.M. wants to kick them into the Japanese market? They're not even too popular in Korea - they don't even have a fanclub name for crying out loud. EXO will probably have a fanclub name before f(x). I think the main problem is that S.M. does not give f(x) music which lets them capitalize or showcase their strengths. Instead, they're given music that, while good, is not outstanding and only gives glimpses of their potential.

Let's compare f(x) with another girl group - 2NE1. If you think about it, 2NE1 and f(x) are very similar - both groups debuted in 2009, are managed under one of the best entertainment companies in Korea, and even have similar group structure / setup. Both groups have a badass rapper (Amber & CL), a powerful dancer (Victoria & Minzy), a talented vocalist (Luna & Bom), and kinda someone who's there for looks (Sulli, Krystal & Dara). Furthermore, both groups are proficient in multiple languages - English, Chinese, Tagalog, etc. But if you look at 2NE1's music, you see that each member does more than just those listed above.

CL is one of the fiercest rappers in the industry, and Amber definitely has talent to match up with her. However, I can't name a single f(x) song where Amber's talent is truly expressed. In fact, the best example of Amber's rapping ability isn't even in an f(x) song - Danson Tang's "I'm Back" reveals what kind of stuff Amber brings to the table, but is just supressed in their own music. Via "Lonely" and "Ugly", CL showcased her impressive vocals, and while Amber also does have a good voice, the most recent "sighting" of Amber's vocals was in a Christmas special...two years after their debut. Speaking of rapping, let's not forget that both Dara and Minzy have also shown us that they shouldn't be underestimated, either. "Clap Your Hands" is a prime example of how 2NE1 brings multiple talents out in their music.

Victoria and Minzy are both amazing dancers. You always see Minzy working her magic in segments ("Can't Nobody", "I Am The Best") but never Victoria. Soshi's Hyoyeon gets mini-solos of dance, why can't Victoria? Luna's popularity can skyrocket if you just released more solos. Let's be honest, Park Bom's "You & I" and "Don't Cry" are fantastic songs which show her fantastic ability, since she's usually limited to the chorus of 2NE1's music. But Luna has no solo releases or good segments in f(x)'s music. Only "NU ABO" comes to mind when I think of Luna's vocals. Wanna see how Luna sings? Watch this.

As far as Krystal and Sulli goes, there really isn't much. Spread their talents around, you know? Krystal speaks English, maybe give her an English single and meanwhile teach Sulli how to rap or something.

So S.M., do something about your maknaes. They're severely underrated and will continue to be if you don't do anything about their music. I know EXO is coming, but I hope you won't neglect f(x) and instead take them to greater heights.[/collapse]
I wrote much more than expected, maybe I should write stuff like this more often, lol.

justaway12

Smash Master
Krystal is very talented I think :3

But other than that I kinda agree, though I do think they're popular, Hot Summer and Danger both ranked very high digitally, they're the biggest digital sellers in SM, bar SNSD (which isn't that hard tbh since boy groups overall suckkk digitally) and they're third best selling girl group of 2012 but I think they need to stay in Korea longer, just so they can solidfy their status like you said.

Music industry is a shallow business.

Oh and I don't think they should go to China to promote, the music industry sucks money-wise cause of extremly high priacy, but Japan is the 2nd biggest in the world I think that's why SM is making them go there

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
TL;DR version - f(x) would gain much more popularity if S.M. actually capitalized on their various talents instead of just lightly distributing them in various releases, lol.

I love the group, don't get me wrong, and I think every member has something awesome to add to f(x), it's just we haven't seen it in their music, which is not the right move from S.M. If S.M took a similar path to what YG worked with 2NE1, we'd see a fearsome f(x) group.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Because it's useful to use in insight, hyung. The concept is that the main vocalist (either Luna or Krystal :p) is not showcased in f(x) songs or in solo release like Bom.

And Karasu-hyung, that's just another example of how Sunny has one of the best bodies in Soshi.

:3

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Did you see the avatar I made? You can use that if you want.

Recommend me some f(x) songs, anyone.
I already saved it and will swap it in soon. Kahmsamnida, hyung.

Honestly, I'd just go with La Cha Ta, NU ABO, and Hot Summer. Dangerous was also pretty good, from their Hot Summer album. The other songs don't stand out to me.

One of my favourite Yuri pictures.

L__

Smash Master
i am serious

if you were wondering

i dont know much about the kpop scene and wouldnt mind learning more

edit: time to go looking for suzy

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
How are you guys able to decide who your favorite idol is? I keep bouncing around everywhere!

Goo Hara <3 Eun Jung <3 Sunny <3 Sunhwa <3 Suzy <3 HyunA <3

I strongly feel that Sunny is secretly a super hero or something. The things she does on Invincible Youth really make me question if she is actually human.

Top Bottom