• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I didn't mention anything bout loving you. You must convince me, though you'd have little to no chance if you did depend on MK.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Nobody depends on MK to win. What are you even talking about? lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You never know. If you're speaking of me to use the word "rely" rather than depend, then it doesn't matter, since there's still those who do rely on him. I missed when there was a greater variety in character usage. Now-a-days it's just high/top tiers with the occasional mid/below tiers.

EDIT: And why does your name remind me of that Regular Show episode "Grilled Cheese Delux"

DeLux

If you're mad people are naturally progressing towards a more dominant strategy than they currently play, then you have an issue with rational decision making theory more than anything. This happens with every game since the history of man kind. It's called natural progression of the metagame.

I find it disturbing that you disrespect rational decision making

Like let's say hypothetically speaking, I mained MK. Why would that automatically require disrespect on your end despite the considerable contributions I've made to the metagame on a universal level?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So me not using a top tier is disturbing isn't it? I simply prefer the way of showing others that the underused and/or underrated characters have potential. Admit it gets boring to see Snakes and MKs all the time.

The feeling of wanting to see a diverse selection of characters, rather than a repeative cycle of competing to see who's Top tier is better than the other. I want to see many of the the lower/uncommon characters get a chance of being recognized. A Peach, a Pit, maybe Dk and Wolf, a little Sheik here and there, a PT (which may be close to being extinct), you get my point. Regardless, I've been saying this for a very long time now, not that it matters, because that won't be coming true. Even if it doesn't, I'll still be one of the few that will rep one of those characters... in some aspect.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
DeLux, some choose to discourage (and by way of discourage it turns into disrepespect/spite) others from using characters that are overused. It's been in the fighting game community for a long time, and regardless whether or not it's a scrub mentality, it's mostly in good intentions to diversify the game for the audience, and sometimes the players in the game.

I don't think AP literally hates people who use those characters, hell, I don't think he hates me because I used Wario for 2 years, but he was always disappointed in hearing anyone's performance on the ladder using the same characters.

He does however literally hate people who spite him back for his intentions. Not that that you're doing that. I agree that I would like to see some diversity. I'm only glad MK is banned for one thing and that's the diversity. This is singles though, for doubles, it's that AND that he was broken as !@#$ in teams.

DeLux

@AP: I didn't say anything about what you use. You should use whoever you want.

I said it's disturbing you would automatically categorize users of higher tiered characters as less respectable for some arbitrary reason.

There's a huge distinction there.

@Krystedez - I'm just pointing out that I'm here to contribute my knowledge of the meta-game and mechanics (which by in large outclasses most people on SWF by far) and then I get told by AP that he's only going to tolerate my existence more or less begrudingly because I'm not maining a specific character. It's been the most alienating thing so far about the Pit boards. So if he's trying to attract new people to the character, he's doing it poorly tbh

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's my choice to categorize the majority of higher-tier users in a way similar to what you said. From my experience (though wifi doesn't matter, though it's all I have), the majority of the higher tier users have some sort of ego and such, and one thing that comes to mind is that they may act like that because they use better characters, thinking they're automatically better than most. Many of these "Top-tier users with an ego" and others have bashed me multiple times not just because of my short temper, but because to them, I use an "inferior" character.

In other words, Many of the high/top tiers just think they're superior to many players who use the lesser characters, and think it's okay to make fun of us, or at least to me. And no, I don't just hate the majority of the upper classed characters, However, there's multiple reasons why I despise such characters:

1: The majority will use them, obviously.

2: Because of reason 1, lesser characters are less common. For my case, it's harder to find good them (like Lucas and Pike) and gain experience against those characters when I need it. In other words, I'd want MU experience against every character as much as I can, rather than just seeing top tiers.
3: Most of the higher tier char users that I've dealt with had an ego of some sort. This soon made me nearly stereotype any high/top tier I see.
4: As I said before, I like a diversity choice.
5: Many people who have mained or used the lower tier characters usually either give up and quit, or give up and switch to (or decide to second) one of the upper characters, bringing back reason 1.

As for the attempts to attract more to trying out Pit and such, I kinda lost motivation recently as it is, but I can't say I didn't try some times ago by repping him online (again, it wouldn't matter).

But for the TL:DR version, other characters need a chance, too. And to clarify something, I chose Pit and Bowser prior to me knowing what a tier list was. I apologize if I didn't clarify a detailed version of my P.O.V. I just enjoy seeing many underrated characters getting a chance. And if you want me to explain reasons why I don't want to use a top tier, I can gladly tell you.

DeLux

Thanks for clarifying
If I thought Pit was bad, I wouldn't be trying to use him.

The only thing I'd say is that I just don't think it's good to write off ANY source of information from anywhere, regardless of characters. Otherwise you would be guilty of a same or similar discrimination that you're saying the big ego'd high tier mains are also doing.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I suppose anger is a weakness of mine, but in turn, I was strict. I have my varying reasons, and technical way of analysis on things, though I can be reckless.

And you hush. -_- I just like showing great potential with the lower characters, or at least I did.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I think it's good to have a tiny bit of an ego, as long as it doesn't get out of control and you don't shove it in people's faces with every chance. :p Shows some confidence. So, uh... Be happy guys? :bee:

But yeah, diversity is pretty much 99% my reason for being pro-ban. High tiers are ALWAYS going to be more common in fighting games, but MK was just getting ridiculous. It's fun to see new characters. Not to mention, Pit got SO MANY benefits out of this.

So, just because I'm pretty terrible at this game does NOT mean I'm pro-ban because I'd have to deal with MK. XP The game is whatever it is. I'm still learning the matchup, because who knows what'll happen...

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Rucario.. Is like, someone I deeply like in this game. I mean I won't drop Pit. It's like why drop a decent character you've been playing for 3 years with?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As long as you don't drop Pit completely. I mean playing a character for that long and being good with him, then dropping him all of a sudden isn't really a smart choice on competitive standards.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Knowing that we'll never get MU discussions and such done, as well as the game becoming stale, I'm losing a bit of faith myself, but I'll stay true to Pit, but it's about wondering how long I'll be playing this game.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit gimps be kill options in some aspect. In teams, there are times where you wish he didn't have strong KO moves. *thinks about saving partners who couldn't reach the ledge by using D-air*
I'm certain that I could have that hidden potential.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Does anyone else look @ the old threads for new ideas? The old Pit players were soo smart, check this out:
wow. i d-throw people under platforms. they land and shield expecting a u-air, i platform wing cancel for another grab. HOW is that useless.
That was in response to one of the classic, "Is arrow looping useful" arguments.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Depends on the players reaction time.

But get where you're going and ya i've read through a bunch of old threads. Can find some stuff every once in a while.

Top Bottom