• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The strength of Side-B's windbox is dependent on the opponent's damage. The higher damage the opponent has, the further back that the windbox pushes said opponent away.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
There's no better feeling than reading where the wario will airdodge and timing a bair perfectly for the kill <3

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
The strength of Side-B's windbox is dependent on the opponent's damage. The higher damage the opponent has, the further back that the windbox pushes said opponent away.
Is that true? Is there a thread that talks about it?
I'm experimenting with different edgeguarding techniques.
How so? I feel like Pit can do some sick edgeguarding, but because he has so many, I don't know where to start.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit's Up-B isn't. It's kinda fixed as far as the windbox power goes.

EDIT: @Gadiel: No, but I was screwing around with the move a bit in training, and saw the major difference between 0% and 999%

A question btw: What's Japan's Ruleset? I'm having an argument with some stupid kid on AIB about a US/Japan Pit debate after he was bagging on about my fear/hatred of top tiers (the only thing he can come up with), which started like this:

-He says he's better than me, and I say he isn't.
-He mentions my fear of top tiers, and I bring up a few players I've beaten at least once, that of which I brought up Atomsk (his D3 barely, sorry), Kain, Kingtoon, and that I rank higher on the AIB ladder every time compared to him, and high in general.
-He brings up that I just camp around, as opposed to his aggressive style.
-I say camping's good when used right, and he brings up something bout Japanese Pits or somethin, or someone else did, then he expanded with the topic.
-I say don't compare U.S Pits to Japanese ones, since we have a different ruleset and stage set compared to them.

My main thought is wondering what is the full stage list for Japan. Krys knows which annoying kid I may be talking about, and Luckay might, too.

Tbh, this repeative argument I have with said kid is annoying me.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs &amp; FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
I'm working on using Angel Ring for various mixups, mostly edgeguarding. If I predict how they're gonna try and get back on the edge I can arrange to punish them with an Angel Ring to the face. If I land it so that the Angel Ring slides, theoretically I can pull them offstage with me, cancel the ring, and Bair stagespike them. Uh, jab is a good edgeguarding tool. Oh, and a lot of opponents will try to airdodge back onstage so if you read that you can be waiting to grab and throw them back off. Works pretty well against Snake. Just ask Jesse.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Some ppl say Angel Ring on ledge owns recovering Yoshis. It's kinda fun that they can naturally avoid it by airdodging at the right time, but it destroys their ledge camping egg trick, provided you're not on Halberd or Delfino. It's fun sometimes.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
@fyre

ive been usig AR to land on people shielding and it works out rather nicely. i also do jab cancel>fsmash/dsmash but ifthey hold shield when u jab it stops both because it's not a frame trap

edit: at AR-ing to edgeguard, do it on YIB. so much ledge roof ****

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
You know when you get a dtilt spike like onstage where the opponent hits the ground right under you? Do you think that combos into anything. I feel like I should test this out or like when it happens do a grounded woi and get a good tech chase after it by punishing with fair if they roll either direction or dair if they get straight up.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs &amp; FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
You know when you get a dtilt spike like onstage where the opponent hits the ground right under you? Do you think that combos into anything. I feel like I should test this out or like when it happens do a grounded woi and get a good tech chase after it by punishing with fair if they roll either direction or dair if they get straight up.
You could predict how they're gonna stand up and punish accordingly with a charged Dsmash. Works kinda like Snake's tech chasing.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm that brilliant to notice.

10hearts <3
Now let's spend them on some goods and power-ups, if you know what I mean.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Man, I played some wifi today...Fox is hard--idk what to doexcept camp. I think BF is our best stage vs him because we have platforms where we can air camp.

Marth is still meh, Falco is doable but still a little challenging if they camp the entire time, DDD is a little hard and a read at high percents=quick KO for DDD, MK is still really hard especially if they are high level players. I lost pretty much all my matches though.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I can do DDD unless it's coney. I can do falco unless it's offline lol. You don't have to do anything to fox but camp, hardly any of his moves are safe on shield.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm realizing how tough Peach is getting now. I feel that I'm losing to more of em who keep me at bay. Hard to approach, they're getting close to me while camping quite fast... it's harder than it seems to me, or maybe I'm weak against seductive tactics. >_<

Alas, I did say learning MUs against lower tiers is just as important as higher tiers, but for now, lower tiers are important to me considering their popular is low, hard to find.
EDIT: Remind me to fid someone who can record matches or has replay hacks. I wish to have some more vids up sometime.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Man, I played some wifi today...Fox is hard--idk what to doexcept camp. I think BF is our best stage vs him because we have platforms where we can air camp.

Marth is still meh, Falco is doable but still a little challenging if they camp the entire time, DDD is a little hard and a read at high percents=quick KO for DDD, MK is still really hard especially if they are high level players. I lost pretty much all my matches though.
I don't find falco difficult anymore. It's all about forcing an action and having the reflexes from playing the mu to punish his actions. We have an appropriate action for every course of action he could take while camping. Some of them can lead to edgeguarding.

D.D. certainly can kill us earlier with a read or nice edgeguarding. However, we can also dance around him very nicely as well as edgeguard and edgetrap him very nicely by dancing just outside his planking range and punishing up-b well.

I'm still gathering my own opinion on marth...i've played it quite a bit. But i'm still exploring.

Thanks maharba :)

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
he got excited and giddy like a schoolgirl when he heard about the MK ban so he had to return
Mk is banned?

Woah, Rogue Pit, where'd you come from? Are you still playing? Will you be at Apex?
Possibly, I stopped playing because my life had no room for smash anymore. I got some room now, so I plan on putting some work in.

Could use some help if anyone is up to it. PM or Aim me.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
About the dtilt thing.

Can't you jab bounce them into a forced getup f/dsmash?

Pit boards got weird all of a sudden a few pages back.

I learned about ARing shields I think via Maha or Krys when we played online.

I also learned about how high sheild dair -> bair/fair is pretty situational when I played AP. I'll have to play some of you guys again when I'm not getting my *** kicked by UPS.

:phone:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
AP, I can record the matches you need critique with. I have peach experience and im sure Maharba has played illmatic plus gadiel uses peach so youll get help in that.

Also kuro have you played dj jack offline before?

:phone:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
At the same time, I need more vids in general. Now I'm envious of a Lucas. I'm pushing to break another limit due to yet another CV I've seen. At the same time, I have a feeling that I'll be able to postpone my supposed plans for a few months.
I'm still annoyed by that good-for-nothin childish green Pit from AIB saying he's better than me, and mentioning my fear of higher tiers again. Again, Luckay and Krys knows who it is, and I want to get rid of the problem eventually, but I just needed someone to vent to.

Back to some lower tier MUs I need to work with, Peach like I said before, Kirby (tch, as if I ever liked him anyways), Luigi (who needs to burn), Fox (hate em), Ness (hate em), Lucas (shouldn't be as bad), Sheik (not enough practice), PT (they rarely exist now-a-days), you get my point.
I need to seek out the mains of some of these ppl and practice, and practice overall, and gather a few combo/highlight clips on the way if I can. To focus and be familiar with some lower tier MUs can prove to be important, which is why I'm working with them, though finding some players who use them well is the hard part. Once I get enough experience somewhat, then I'll think about dealing with higher tiers more often.
A practice run on stages I don't use much can help as well. That's where I look at Siege or somethin. Having variety and balance is what's important to me. As for the Lucas CV I mentioned, I'll show it later.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I always love watching character-CVs.

I can use all of those lower tiers btw AP so we should practice some together. Fox isn't lower but definitely one of my would be mains.

I've played Nicole / Silly / King Beef with Pit, it's definitely not the easiest of matchups, you have to play really passive-aggressive to win, if you stick to camping too much you leave yourself open to her turnip approaches and shenanigans, but at the same time playing too aggro will make you get hit too much from her attack strings from float cancels and such.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7161d1oq9AU

Have fun with the Lucas. Stuff like that make me greatly envious, wondering what other secrets and hidden power Pit has that we don't know about. I'm so anxious to break the limits once again!
Still wonder what to do with my lonely Bowser, though, but I still think about what special tricks that could astonish others, well, besides the Brinstar thing, and you remember it, Krys. :3

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And you'll see that eventually I will become that equivalent as Pit, with a bit of "Salem" to it, and I mean potential-wise, as ESAM tells me that I said person of Pit, or maybe I'm wording it wrong. W/e the case is, I need to focus again, and start showing some untapped power that I may have.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The difference is I can't/won't go offline, but I don't wanna turn this topic into another one of those, so let's proceed with me going through non-top tier Harsh training. For the ladder playoffs, my first target is Player-1 that of which idk what he uses. If I am able to win, then the next target is either Kira, who I'm not certain of, or SlayerZ, who ALWAYS takes me out, no matter what I do against Peachy. That and we have been partners before in the past, and is familiar with my tactics.
This is why preparations must be done, or should I be thinking that I get stuck in positions in the bracket where I think it's rigged?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
P1 is a diddy main. Idk if he'll go metaknight though because its wifi. I believe you will win. You should be able to win vs Peach if you put less focus into arrow game and using your swordplay. Peach is actually pretty vulnerable while floating and angel ring can mess up glide toss approaches sometimes.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Always stuck with top tier users. I hate Diddy with a passion, and with Brinstar not available, I'm screwed even more, unless I make use of that Halberd cannon again like I did last time with another Diddy...

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I have some good opponents you could probably face better than I in the bracket AP. Wish we could switch. I don't know if I'll have a wii available around the time of the playoffs.

Top Bottom