• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know how my bad temper gets. DON'T make me go back to that stupid pointless topic, for christ's sake.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
ALL CAPSSSS RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Haha jp.

On another note...bbr mu project is done for the most part~

So i'm gonna resume the pit mu thread(s). We'll continue where we left off. With peach~

And i'll have everything updated right after finals ;)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
An interesting article that's helping me out: http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/11/my-...ts-on-randomness-mashing-and-high-level-play/

I checked on the Street Fighter vids on Spacing today, and another commentary as well as some articles. I'm seeing that I really am a scrub at this game as far as basics go. I don't even understand how to play this game on a basic level. It's time to revamp my entire game yall.

Admiral, some things to tap into:
*Side-b windbox/canceling out attacks
*Glide canceling/followups/baits
*Arrow looping for zoning and defending while high in the air
*Up-b tricks/spacing/button mashing out of combos/stalling
*Mirror shield in match to reflect moves
*Arrow camping to the extreme
*Wing-refresh edgeguarding
*Jab infinite follow-ups
*Grab releases...does Pit have any besides Wario & MK?
*Rolling like a n00b(hard to punish vs Pit and adds randomness)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
People need to WoI more.

As far as jab infinite follow ups i typically decide based on how they sdi. If they go up i stop and just jab again. If they start going down i stop and dtilt(landing lag makes it guaranteed[or at the very least near guaranteed] and if they go away i stop and retreat pivot arrow or go for the grab read.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You mean Dark thoughts.

As for the ACTUALLY HELPFUL info, which Gadiel has provided...

From order:

*Never tried it much
*I believe I did a few before, idk.
*You know I'm part arrow looping in a way
*Not sure, but I still love what I did on Brinstar... right Krys?
*Never did use it besides a reflector/gimping tool, but we'll see.
*When it comes to camping, Pit-wise, I'm probably second to none, besides that early Pit, Danny, I guess, idk.
*If it's the one where you pursue opponents with an Up-B refreshed, then I do it sometimes.
*Jab cancel I do, but not sure much bout it.
* I don't do these, except the Wario one.
*I'm not one to do that too much... though Pit's forward roll is faster and more reliable.

Something I am aware of during my recent 2 weeks is a possible F-throw > D-tilt at 0% on Fox/Wolf. While more reasonable towards Fox considering the small CG we got on Wolf, what I see effective here is that you don't have to fear tripping, as if you were going for another grab, or a stutter-step F-smash.
I'll be taking a look at the F-throw > D-tilt thing more as I go, experiment with it.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
You can force the air release on Wario. Don't even bother trying unless he's derp and mashes (which he shouldn't be doing)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Well, grabbing wario out of the air, at the edge of platforms/stages, or on slants can give an air release. At which point is important to know your options and how to do them perfectly.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Pit's best option out of GR is bair. Kills at 90-110 percent depending where you grabbed him out of the air. Of course it's very hard to actually get it on Wario unluckly for Pit. Y'all are nice people cept for AP during his madfacings

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
If there's 1 mu ik to a ridiculous extent it's wario :p getting grabs on wario isn't actually that hard with pit surprisingly. But meeting the conditions for the release is hard unless it's lylat. Then you can expect it like once a match at least lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLeZ-NcjfkQ

i don't know how i feel about this...not use to hearing this song like this XD

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I got access to a wii tonight, If anyone wants to have some friendlies lemme know, I'll give you my friends fc.
Better to hit me up on aim.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
except for the MU stuff this thead is becoming mad garbage. also pit's fsmash is high enough to hit wario out of air release since we have to be on a slant to do it.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so i was playing gnes pit with my falco and im convinced he is the best pit. he even says he loves using pit but doesn't use him in tourney. got some vids. seriously if i can convince him to go pit in tourney it will be **** for us on the tier list

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I
Will
Become
Amazing.

On a side note...

After apex i plan to attend at least 1-2 national and/or hyped regionals a year. All pending on my job status...but point being texas being as close as it is to Fl...You might see me around maha ;)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well i still use pit. i just use falco too. although i won't actually ever **** for him on the tier list. bad player tho.

but fyi after apex he is dropping diddy kong since mk will be banned
edit:
kuro get your *** out here in march for whobo4

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Gnes is diddy kong. Koolaid, Kiraflax, Krystedez, Kuro, Ptzr, Fyre, Rogue and I will be **** for us on the tier list.
Aw yes. Also, can someone please upload these vs Wario vids, I have some good things I was testing out, all I can say is Bair is def better after a Grab release on wario

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Gnes has a good Pit because he's a top player. He might seem like the best Pit because he understands how to read opponents and follow-ups and what not, but he's definitely not the best. He's the smartest out of any of the American Pit mains, but not the best Pit.

The best Pit to me is someone who has an amazing amount of control with Pit, has a great deal of patience, a great camping game, and can perform most ATs, but knows their usage. They also have to do well with him in tournament and have the skills of a top player(strong mindset, great reads, amazing spacing, etc..). Masashi is still the best Pit. Earth is great, but not a top player. He's definitely a high-mid level player, and I'd say Danny would be the best Pit had he continued playing(probably close to Masashi's skill level if not better).

All of that doesn't really matter too much because we all just need to get better and start wrecking face at these tournaments.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I could always give her another training session, but apparently I'm useless here atm.

Top Bottom