• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

MVD

Smash Master
I wasn't specifically talking to you, I was stating my opinion, I appreciate that you played to help her and it helped me understand the MU more to help her

:phone:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I still wasn't happy bout my performance then either... Tch, I hate the MU anyways. No matter how much data I can collect, it usually isn't enough. Wonder if I can use my bracelet and perform a certain skill that can put ppl into a coma... (reference).

MVD

Smash Master
I never play WiFi so no johns, that MU is hard for pit don't beat yourself up you helped more than you know

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wanted to impress, but I wasn't doing so enough, and had to leave in a horrid manner considering my temper, that and you taunted me... -_- I hate these MUs...

MVD

Smash Master
I taunted you cause I knew it would upset ya and you played better when you were upset, you did impress me

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I dont play better when angered... you only kept me from doing the camping I wanted to do, and that's half the reason why I chose to leave that way, as I was under the impression you were sandbagging... -_-
I felt very dark that day...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't feel happy or improved when ppl do that... You'll owe me next time.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so everyone always tells me since im such a tech skill based player that i should pick up ICs and learn them. and after all the convincing arguments that were made last night for using them at sync's place, im gonna start practicing ICs. don't get me wrong, ill still be using lots of pit, but i have more potential with ICs than i do with anyone else atm. im probably gonna main ICs and pit together.

wat do yall think? and b4 you say it i know you hate top tiers AP. lol.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It's not a bad choice. Kind of a weird one, but I guess it takes care of harder MU's like Snake and Marth right?

I can't say I have an extreme loyalty to maining a character, since I started dual maining Falcon and Marth, switched to Mario, to Pit then Sheik, then a combo of all three (Pit, sheik, Mario) with dozens of tertiaries in between and now I just play what's most comfortable at the time or what people struggle with.

Just make sure that they work for you, Maha. I tried them, but they didn't mesh well with me. Hopefully they'll work for you.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
ICs aren't even that good for Snake/Marth. You have no idea how much time you will be putting into that character. You aren't Vinnie, Ally, or ESAM just picking them up and will eventually get great with them. Being an Ice Climber character is probably one of the most draining people the be. Yes, you have a 0-death chaingrab, but that also means EVERYONE is going to camp you. I advise against this.

MVD

Smash Master
Your crazy, ICs are one of the best secondaries now that MK is banned, I'm picking them up and marth cause they cover my dumb MUs, ICs can cover wario, g&w, marth, if you train hard enough, gdub is easy for then but marth and wario require patience, it takes time to learn them tho, olimar is also great for wario in case you need a wario counter kinda

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
first off, since im considering this i would be maining ICs and only using pit until my ICs got much better. i would be maining ICs seconding pit. also ICs doesn't lose to wario jimmy. other way around.

also as long as there is a lgl i don't really have to worry about getting timed out by people. and if they lift the lgl then ill be maining pit again since he'll have a ridiculously better MU spread than ICs will.

i do see the other negative points that were pointed out by you luckay and such but im still thinking ICs would just yield me such better results as a player, not just as a character. i mean im so used to tech skill games like street fighter and stuff that ICs may be the character that suits me best. idk ill see what else is said before i make up my mind.

also aside from MK it's quite possible that as they continue to get better ICs may just very well have no character disadvantages and have always the best next to MK imo. like i said we'll see.

MVD

Smash Master
Wario ICs is even depending on.who has the lead, its a very gay MU but its better than straight up losing to him

Tesh

Smash Hero
Probably because of how hard Wario can edgeguard Snake. In most cases offstage, Snake is easy to hit and hard to kill, but I'm better free farts and bites on cypher spell trouble.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Eh i highly disagree with the IC choice from what i've seen of you but go for it man. Don't know till u just go for it.

Chaingrabbing is fun :p

It's why i have a pika now <3...

and cuz i've always wanted to use the bugger :p

MVD

Smash Master
I'm talking about using ICs if you use pit for fighting wario, I use snake for wario even tho it sucks, I'll use marth if needed for wario

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Snake wario isn't even that bad. It's easily even but snake does so much better g1 and 3.

For me personally, pit vs wario isn't even worth switching for. But that's just cuz i'm trying to use pit for as much as possible and i already know the mu ridiculously well.

@Jimmy the real question is of how many of those do i actually plan to use in tourney x3 which is...in the end...gonna be...
Pit pika singles

Wario pit doubles

And i might still use warifag in singles. Don't really know yet cuz i've been putting all my effort into pit/pika.

On a side note:I'll prolly end up going pit at apex instead of snake even though mk is still legal.Hype?

Vinnie

Smash Master
ICs do well against Marth and Snake. Vinnie go!

ICs are probably pretty evenish with Marth. I have a lot of Marth exp, but only from mintyflesh. I played MikeHAZE in MMs at MLG (when I first picked up ICs) and I lost pretty solidly. I'd like to see how I'd do now, but yeah he did a lot of things that didn't give me breathing room.

ICs probably beat Snake, or go even. When I don't drop grabs, I just... don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage at all lol...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
hype indeed
:awesome: thanks~!
But you do realize pikachu is another one of those characters that is hard to be "good" with right?

Eh actually not so much. It's just someone that if he doesn't fit you you won't develop him at all. He's diff. than many characters.
Pikachu isn't that hard to be good with really. Hard to be ESAM with yeah.
Pft. Next esam and masashi right here son. U got no idea.
thats my standard of being good. So I guess it all depends on the person.
same here. And i don't quit till i succeed <3

Side note: I did not say for him to not use IC due to difficulty of use. I said based on what i've seen of him, his tendencies, strengths, and playstyle i don't really see him doing well with IC. But we'll see. Never know till he tries :)

Pikachu actually fits my playstyle perfectly. I've been using him for 2 days and already doing really well against people. Just gotta learn matchups and learn more about him.

Edit: Gadiel would you mind posting any of the most recent japanese pit vids that is not the thundaga vs snake guy and isn't in the video thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I can only use Pit and Bowser, but then again, no one likes poor Bowser (except me) anyways.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Not many ppl play Bowser either, at least recently, but I still love Boozer, and the fun stuff I can do with him.

Top Bottom