• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Anybody feel like assisting me with the Marth MU?
Don't Approach. Don't roll a lot. His Pivot Grab is gay. Mainly in the match up you wanna be at least half the size of FD away from him. He pretty much is forced to approach the whole time vs you. Just work on getting the lead and frustrate him with Arrows, although it may seem like Marth is good in the Air he actually isn't. Generally he'll be doing Fair's and Nair's. Dancing Blade is a Pain to deal with due to the fact that Pit is actually kinda big compared to other people, and that his wing's are in fact hurtboxes, Smash DI in the first two hits will generally put you behind him, for a free Bair. Spacing is what's gonna hurt you since Marth's love to space, his Sword is about at least 2 inches bigger than our blades, Ftilt is actually pretty good in this match up. Main tools for attacking are, Pivot Arrows, Uptilt, Slow Jab, Dtilt after PS on his Aerials, Fair, and Up-Smash.

Up-smash is really good vs marth, he hates being in the air or above you. You also hate being above him. The match up is roughly 55-45 his favor on some stages, but can be 60-40 if you get demoralized by his sword. Just play the keep away game and force him to approach and make mistakes. Capitalize on them and punish them correctly, F-Smash might not be the move for killing vs him, Possibly a Tipped D-smash or an ftilt. Also never glide directly at him. Bans, Ban BF any stage that allows him to run from arrows for free. Cp? Cp him to big stages FD, possible frigate due to the First Sequence, but beware of the second one. Also, note you can CG him on sloped stages with F-throw, other than that don't CG unless you're trying to bait his Up-b. Best Throw vs him is Up throw does 11% and puts him where you want him. Also, don't airdodge to frequently his pivot grab will eat you alive.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've found WoI spacing to be rather effective. Also, it helps if your mix-up/offensive game is good. Cuz once u do get him in a bad position u want him to stay there as long as possible.

Pretty much agree with everything ptzr said.

While i haven't had a chance to test it myself i saw in blubs vids vs leon that stutter step fsmash is pretty good at punishing aerials.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Thanks so much Alex. <3
Anyone else wanna help?
No problem, it's my most experienced match-up.

I've found WoI spacing to be rather effective. Also, it helps if your mix-up/offensive game is good. Cuz once u do get him in a bad position u want him to stay there as long as possible.

Pretty much agree with everything ptzr said.

While i haven't had a chance to test it myself i saw in blubs vids vs leon that stutter step fsmash is pretty good at punishing aerials.
Yeah Stutter Step F-smash is Good as it gives you that extra boost. Just remember Marth is a Floaty/Lightweight so killing him up top is easier than outward.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hey guys, give me some good movies to watch that aren't that expected/not SUPER recent. Like none from this year. :p

link2702

Smash Champion
ghostbusters

Dogma

the invention of lying

TMNT

Goldfinger, from russia with love, goldeneye, any james bond movie honestly, can't go wrong with bond.

all i can think of atm

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - blew my mind lol
Scott Pilgrim - Last year, epic movie
Gone Baby Gone - Sad at some parts, but good
Manic - Great movie besides inception with Joseph Gorndon Levitt (guy from recent move 50/50)
Shanghai Noon/ Shanghai Knights - Like rush hour but with owen wilson in the wild west then britain, hilarious

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm always open to getting a team going. I have a special plan going being "Project P" at least that's what I'm calling it now. What it means I cannot reveal much yet. The suspense is always one of the best parts to these mysteries.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to say that I am really really happy for this new generation of Pit players. The news just reached me that Metaknight has been banned.

I quit Brawl and sold my game years ago because of him. He was obviously overpowered, and along with Pit's terrible match-up against him, and the inevitability that you will fight one at every tournament, Brawl just felt hopeless to me. It's not like melee, where you have all sorts of devices you can use to even any match-up; it was brawl with its clunky controls, and all felt hopeless.

I hope this empowers you Pit players. With Metaknight out of the way, I would like to see you guys push Pit up the Tier Chart. Good luck and godspeed to you all!!! And props for sticking with this game and this character against the odds.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It hurts to see one go because of MK, but there's still a decent amount of us Pits around, so don't worry. For me unfortunately, I don't need to repeat my reasons for staying online.

We can get this place more active, and I hope I can work on Project P. That's just a secret.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
It hurts to see one go because of MK, but there's still a decent amount of us Pits around, so don't worry. For me unfortunately, I don't need to repeat my reasons for staying online.

We can get this place more active, and I hope I can work on Project P. That's just a secret.
Go ahead and start it, I know it will be amazing.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

God bless,
~Gadiel

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Maharba's Pit was pretty cool yesterday. I'm going to have to lean how to footstool people from WoI. It's sooooo good. Hopefully you get a bit more accustomed to Wifi and we can play some more, I could tell that you're a lot better than me, but you were getting up to speed. Hopefully I showed you some cool stuff. You certainly showed me some stuff to try out.

Pit mains played (Wifi or otherwise):
- Blade, Suyon, Krystedez, Maharba.

I still gotta play some of you guys!

:phone:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll be waiting during various times, but not at pure night. Just don't forget my sweet gold Pit will put on a brilliant show, and I can collect more data by doing so.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My liking for Pit isn't important. Gathering clips, and data is. It's what the project needs, as well as a nice team, but I won't reveal too much. Suspense is nice from time to time after all.

EDIT: On another note: Olimar needs to die, seriously.

Top Bottom