• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh snap, I was just reading Masashi's twitter and he was explaining how to be really really good with Pit!!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Oh snap, I was just reading Masashi's twitter and he was explaining how to be really really good with Pit!!
Either you are trying to get me hyped for no reason or you must've been reading pretty far. I'm just on Feb 20, and he didn't talk about anything but UMVC3, work, food, and casting lots, lol. He seems tired from work, so I guess those Japanese work pretty hard. Where did you see that @? Can you post the translation?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I watch the place silently for a few days, and already corruption happens again. Will we ever get back on track with this stuff, or will we be cursed with this forever? Unfortunately, I'm extremely discouraged again, mainly because we had a similar problem back in 2010, except I feel it's worse this time around. A few old-school Pits should admit it.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
What I think AP means is that no one has been doing anything as of recently, and instead it's only activity in the social thread... I'm really busy with school atm or I'd start moving over discussions to the matchup group threads... :x

just give it time.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
I can try to help, but somehow I feel like everyone already knows everything I do. .w.;

Um um um guys... I know a bit of Japanese, but... (Probably not enough to be useful yet... Getting there though... orz)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Hi guys. I'm gonna start using pit in tourney now.
It must be a troll, last time I checked, someone told me you thought Pit sucked, lol. What changed? Admiral Pit? Krystedez?

But if you are serious, we're glad to have you. :cool: Welcome aboard to the Pit boards, and if you have any questions, ask away.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I'm guessing against lower skilled people
Not just them.

Why the hell would you wanna do that?
Pit is fun. I hate Olimar vs. ICs and Olimar vs. Falco with a passion, Pit seems like a character who would have not so infuriating MUs with those 2. Also, I would like to pick up a good character for once, since my other secondaries are mediocre at best. (Shiek, Samus, Kirby)

It must be a troll, last time I checked, someone told me you thought Pit sucked, lol. What changed? Admiral Pit? Krystedez?

But if you are serious, we're glad to have you. :cool: Welcome aboard to the Pit boards, and if you have any questions, ask away.
I did...? I don't remember saying that, but anyway I think he is pretty high tier in a lot of ways, IIRC he is top tier in japan? o.o Im super serious, only one question, where can I find info on Pit's ATs like Arrow looping? I checked the big pit guide but it had no arrow looping.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Since I know you're most likely doing this for a joke, Arrow Looping isn't important compared to the basics. You should study on MUs like I did.
However, if you're actually serious, and is open to many things rather than the old "Offline players only matter" garbage, then I don't mind helping, but I need to see that you really mean it. Honestly, I don't see why many ppl are so closed-minded when it comes to this and have that "offline elitist" mindset. Who knows? I may actually be of help, like I was to Krys, and a few other Pits back then.

The choice is yours, but for your best interest, being open to varying knowledge from ppl like me can help. It's how I got to be good... well that and other stuff.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You're not that bad compared to others I've fought before. Your crazy style confuses me sometimes, walking around like that. D:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Ok, I think I'm starting to sneak my way up the ladder. I almost have 1400 right now! That's an accomplishment for me. I will put up my old ladder scores later. People rage at losing to Pit, lol. What are they mad about anyway, it's Pit!? lol.

And fun games with the lovely Tara last night. She's the best Pit at reading people! Apparently I'm really aggressive, but the only reason why it was working was the wifi I guess. She still beat me quite a few times. Her game is much simpler than mine, lol--I guess I use a lot of tricks and up-b maneuvers now.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dabuz quit ur trolling.

but if u are serious, the arrow loop guide in the big guide doesn't have pics because they were megaupload but there is a guide in there. if you want i can pm u all the info i pm'd DeLux when he first picked up pit.

also falco is a fun MU for pit imo and we can time ICs out better than most of the cast so good choice. but ya ill just pm you some stuff real quick.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
WOOOOT exam due date extended to monday!

:bluejump:

Still haven't got to play you tara :( you looked so sad after u lost to ed =/

MVD

Smash Master
I like how yall ****ed when koolaid placed 9th last week but he didn't even use pit lol

:phone:

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
Ok, I think I'm starting to sneak my way up the ladder. I almost have 1400 right now! That's an accomplishment for me. I will put up my old ladder scores later. People rage at losing to Pit, lol. What are they mad about anyway, it's Pit!? lol.

And fun games with the lovely Tara last night. She's the best Pit at reading people! Apparently I'm really aggressive, but the only reason why it was working was the wifi I guess. She still beat me quite a few times. Her game is much simpler than mine, lol--I guess I use a lot of tricks and up-b maneuvers now.
But Gerrad... Trix are for kids.

@Kuro- You like disappeared and didn't even say goodbye. >_>

Tesh

Smash Hero
Can't Pit fly? Just jump away and arrow him anyway. Arrows are always the answer.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm talking about if your on the ledge, and he's spacing the fsmashes.
Go to the other side of the stage. Should be able to get there first. or Just stand up at the right time. If your % is <100 there's only 4 frames of vulnerability on normal standup. That makes it easy to time if their just spamming it. MS works as well.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Oh, hey, would you look at that. Glad to know I'm not the only one who actually enjoys the Falco matchup. One of my favorites so far, actually.

Top Bottom