• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This is why i hate top tiers so much... Idc if I'm afraid of at em or not, I despise all of them with. As if Brinstar being banned isn't enough, since I'm excellent on that stage, my poor focus kept me from knowing what he was up to, til I realize he was stalling. I hate these rules that limit Pit so much.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's another stupid question, because for one, it ain't gonna happen (unless I'm proven wrong will be the only way I believe it), and for two, I've stayed true to Pit since Day 1 back in 2008 and he wasn't top tier then. I ain't gonna waste my time picking a new main after being with a character that I chose and had for over 3 years.
I don't choose characters because of tier lists. I choose em because I like them. As for me dropping MK as a secondary the moment the first tier list showed up, that I had to be guilty of, but I don't regret it. I honestly rather not depend on such top tiers. I rather not discuss this.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I go even with Player 1 offline. I only played him in about 7-8 friendlies though. He's really good at buffering Diddy's moves and good online, so yeah I can see why you lost. Maybe you should have a chart made with Pit's CPs Admiral? Then you'll know what stages you should pick from without thinking. Also, don't be whining about the top tiers bro, they have been top tiers for a couple years now. Get over it, move on and learn from your mistakes. It's all you can do.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I lost to anuar because I assumed he would stay olimar for game 3, but no he goes metaknight and brinstar after I ban castle siege. Its not even like his mk was good, brinstar is a dumb*** stage. Honestly AP, brinstar deserves to be banned more than metaknight. Wtf is America thinking keeping that legal.

:phone:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I thought it was Apex rules. There is no Brinstar in the Apex rules. MK woulda been banned if I was in charge, keep Brinstar, since Pit's good there, and the rest to be controlled with my finger tips. MK, Oli, and Diddy should still die, though.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
any one here wanna friendly a bit im trying to break in the wii mote/ nunchuck I dont have a GCN on me.

Luckay, we can play anytime now if you want im ready I just hope I can not look like a fool XD

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
well luckay gets to face toronto joe now. I wish I had my gamecube controller (sigh)... I can use pit on it to an extent but its just terrible when I already have an even amount of difficulty playing luckay as is.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
well luckay gets to face toronto joe now. I wish I had my gamecube controller (sigh)... I can use pit on it to an extent but its just terrible when I already have an even amount of difficulty playing luckay as is.
I just tried wiimote+nunchuck today. I have only played on it a few times, and I'll agree that it's harder, but I somehow come up with better tactics and ways of doing things because of I have to somewhat think about my move selection.

I just played Toronto Joe this weekend. He kinda wrecked my Pit, like a one stock, but I was lucky to even get that. He knows the matchup and played Earth at Apex, and beat him :/

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I lost, his mk isnt even that good to me since I played Vinnie and m2k this past saturday. Just spammed nado canceling anything I do and I couldnt punish properly since its wifi but whatever.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I lost, his mk isnt even that good to me since I played Vinnie and m2k this past saturday. Just spammed nado canceling anything I do and I couldnt punish properly since its wifi but whatever.

Sounds like some johning :cool:

How did you do vs M2K and Vinnie, but mainly M2K? Did you take any stocks or what? Did you learn anything from those matches?

Also, community questions...what do we need to do to start placing high at tournaments? Do you feel there's something lacking with Pit or is it ourselves(the players)? What do we need to do to become better with Pit? What are we missing?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305350

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315099

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309161

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303332

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307860

Each of these are essentially a type of thread/project i plan on starting/reviving. The bottom two will be one thread and it'll be some combination of the two.

All of them are community driven. I'll simply update.
The Pit's guide links are broken btw. A lot of them don't work, so yeah check that out too.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Sounds like some johning :cool:

How did you do vs M2K and Vinnie, but mainly M2K? Did you take any stocks or what? Did you learn anything from those matches?

Also, community questions...what do we need to do to start placing high at tournaments? Do you feel there's something lacking with Pit or is it ourselves(the players)? What do we need to do to become better with Pit? What are we missing?
Wifi brings out the worst of my johns when it comes to mk. I can get Vinnie and m2k to last stock, just never pull out the win is all. We need adderal. Drugs make everything better!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Where?Which ones?
The Ultimate Pit guide, just check each individual thread. Search them if they don't work and fix the links.

@Luckay--Adderal would not help you beat M2K/Vinnie. It might help your reactions some, but it would not make you a top player overnight, lol.

Also, what did you learn from playing them about the matchup?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Wifi brings out the worst of my johns when it comes to mk. I can get Vinnie and m2k to last stock, just never pull out the win is all. We need adderal. Drugs make everything better!
I beat Toronto Joe before with Pit he's easy once you abuse wifi and run away and arrow more... I've also beaten a few other MKs. It's really too bad, I could have taken them down if I had put you out of your misery quicker my GCN controller.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
The Ultimate Pit guide, just check each individual thread. Search them if they don't work and fix the links.

@Luckay--Adderal would not help you beat M2K/Vinnie. It might help your reactions some, but it would not make you a top player overnight, lol.

Also, what did you learn from playing them about the matchup?
lol I'm not serious about the adderal. Just playing with the fact that you think there's just something we don't have. We aren't "missing" anything, just keep practicing.

I learned that metaknight can do whatever he wants to us and get away with it most of the time. Oh wait no, I knew that already. I know the metaknight matchup, but even then metaknight can still win because he is broken obviously.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
unless a miracle happens and i get enough christmas money to go to this, your local maharba will unfortunately not be able to make apex. but the good news is is that means i can't retire after apex and will be forced to attend whobo4.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i just name searched and saw that some people need help with the peach MU? if you need advice anybody i'd be more than happy to provide you with everything experiance, illmatic, and esca have all taught me.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And yet another damn top tier times me out at playoffs... God I hate Wario so freaking much! Back then I was more used to aggressive ones, now I lose to a stalling one that spams the freaking bike for tire usage. Bracket's rigged anyways. Even if I did win, I'd have to fight a MK...
I had enough of this, and now REFUSE to fight ANY TOP TIER at this point! Idc bout learning them as there's no point in me even trying to do so. I don't have time learning a secondary (not that I even want to anyways), and I'm tired of excess stress from these top tier dependents. Consider me having less will to go on.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
And yet another damn top tier times me out at playoffs... God I hate Wario so freaking much! Back then I was more used to aggressive ones, now I lose to a stalling one that spams the freaking bike for tire usage. Bracket's rigged anyways. Even if I did win, I'd have to fight a MK...
I had enough of this, and now REFUSE to fight ANY TOP TIER at this point! Idc bout learning them as there's no point in me even trying to do so. I don't have time learning a secondary (not that I even want to anyways), and I'm tired of excess stress from these top tier dependents. Consider me having less will to go on.
Campy Warios and most campy playstyles from top tier is actually hard. I wouldn't give up though, you got this next time Admiral ;)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I KNOW! I saw that yesterday! I really hope he is able to make it out. He's one of those i'm just hyped to see compete! :D

If anyone needs help with wario i can help :3

So hyped for apex...yall dun even know >.<

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I rather avoid any top tier as much as possible now like I said. The only time I'll ever fight one is if I'm forced to via bracket, or if some idiot decides to resort to one on the ladder, although I'll be avoiding any one who uses, or those who I suspect who uses a top tier user. I don't want anything to deal with them again.
There may be a rare occasion outside those 2 previous things I said in which I may actually go after a top tier user, but don't think I'm doing this for practice.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
why are you complaining about top tier when you are the only non top 2 tiers character to have nothing but mostly evens and a very few -1s outside of MK, who is banned? i mean i understand what it's like to lack wario experiance and get bodied by him, but your playstyle would get wrecked by campy wario, especially if he has pit experiance. i mean did you know that if you stand under a platform on bf he has no way to safely approach? jab beats literally every grounded and short hopped approach he has while up air stops his go around the platform approach? and both moves eat tires? you can do this under the YIB platform when it is tilted in specific spots. and lylat based on slant. but of course if they come in at the 45 degree angle they are ****ed because nair beats wario hard unless he super armors it with fart. oh and practice doing **** with tires, it's ******** the setups pit has with tires.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll never go :metaknight: against you AP, but I don't have too much time to ladder and I'd prefer to use my :pt: against your :pit: cause I've been practicing my :pt:.

:018:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I will not discuss it for not only was the set on SV, then Lylat of my choice (again, Brinstar wasn't allowed and I'm aware he had a pocket MK anyways), but I've made up my mind. Anything that isn't top tier I do not want part of. Pika is an exception. You already know it angers me if the convo is continued to push me to further aggression, so the rest is up to you to decide how I should be.

EDIT: @ Seagull: While I don't like laddering much anymore considering tons of bad experience in the past (not just top tiers outta nowhere either, but disputers as well, etc.), I do not mind getting some friendlies in sometime, as PT is a char that I considered almost extinct, and practicing against all 3 of the PT chars is important to me, especially against that stupid annoying turtle. Keep in mind that I may use Brinstar too...

Top Bottom