• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
The mario matchup is definitely at least 60:40 for us, the cape isn't much of a problem because we can punish a cape by simply charging an arrow. Cape doesn't stay out as long as like a fox reflector so Mario HAS to approach eventually. And if you consistently PS fireballs, you will encourage the Mario to give up and approach because they will see camping will get them no where so PSing fireballs still has advantages. You just have to think if you want to or not when you see them approaching with fireball because then you might have to retreat.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Mario vs Pit:

60-40 Pit's favor

Pit can and will out camp Mario by any means, The cape is predictable, and slow at that. If you're FD distance away you can react to a reflect arrow no problem. Mario really has no ways to approach beside's Sh Airdodges, Dair's, Bair's, and Wave Bouncing Fireballs. I can't really go on about it but I'll edit this post more when I remember more things.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
The mario matchup is definitely at least 60:40 for us, the cape isn't much of a problem because we can punish a cape by simply charging an arrow. Cape doesn't stay out as long as like a fox reflector so Mario HAS to approach eventually. And if you consistently PS fireballs, you will encourage the Mario to give up and approach because they will see camping will get them no where so PSing fireballs still has advantages. You just have to think if you want to or not when you see them approaching with fireball because then you might have to retreat.
He can easily cape on reaction. It's not hard at all. Also mario shouldn't be using fireballs to camp. He should be using em to force a reaction out of you and to help him inch forward to penetrate pit's zone. If you PS he can easily jab and beat most options from the PS.
Mario vs Pit:

60-40 Pit's favor

Pit can and will out camp Mario by any means, The cape is predictable, and slow at that. If you're FD distance away you can react to a reflect arrow no problem. Mario really has no ways to approach beside's Sh Airdodges, Dair's, Bair's, and Wave Bouncing Fireballs. I can't really go on about it but I'll edit this post more when I remember more things.
Mario doesn't want to camp. He's suppose to be trying to stay in your face with fb to jab, bair, and dair and then smash mindgames for kill or smash for damage on wiff. If he starts a string a good mario can get u to 40-60 in one string from 0.

I agree with the general ratio though.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
GUYS!!!! MY FIERY SPIRIT FOR PIT HAS BEEN REINVOKEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dunno why! But it has!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :awesome:

Wolf mu discussion is now open!!!! 2 weeks+1 for leeway possibly and i'll start a different one. SO GET CRACKIN!

What would you guys suggest we do? :o toonlink? orrrr wario? I have quite a few ppl want to start talking about wario lately.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13138269#post13138269

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Matthew 7:7-8
New International Version (NIV)

Ask, Seek, Knock
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
From http://www.biblegateway.com/

Thank you guys so much on the Mario matchup! That helped me so much. I'm really lacking in my faith w/ God right now, and that Matthew scripture I put is so true! Love yall. Please if anyone wants to talk w/ me about God--text/call me w/ your name--my # is 937-694-3558. I can't believe I'm doing this, but for some reason, I can tell some people here are searching.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Ay yo Gad im really happy that you're spreading the word and all, but please be careful. I don't want people reporting you cause they feel offended. Thanks for the verses though they help out. Just trying to look out for you.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Gadiel is not forcing his belief or dismissing others. Therefore his religious style of posting is perfectly fine albeit uncommon.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Still people get offended by the littlest things. I don't want people having religious debate's and whatnot.

I believe in God, but I also Believe In Jashin

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Ay yo Gad im really happy that you're spreading the word and all, but please be careful. I don't want people reporting you cause they feel offended. Thanks for the verses though they help out. Just trying to look out for you.
Gadiel is not forcing his belief or dismissing others. Therefore his religious style of posting is perfectly fine albeit uncommon.
Yeah, gadiel stop spreading the truth lol
Yall are silly, lol--and if they reported me...what would happen? lol--don't worry about me spreading the truth but thank you. I really don't care if I get infracted or not, and what did I do wrong??

I'm not forcing anything, but I promise you that there are too many false doctrines/preachers so if anyone has a question, please ask & I will find out!

Believing in God doesn't save you contrary to popular belief...

James 2:19
19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Some of yall need a wakeup call--America doesn't make it any easier..we are too privaledged :scared:

link2702

Smash Champion
tbh Gad can u please stop?

not everyone is a christian, and posting verses from a book that pretty much has no more proof to back up its claims then any other religion, is just begging for trouble.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yall are silly, lol--and if they reported me...what would happen? lol--don't worry about me spreading the truth but thank you. I really don't care if I get infracted or not, and what did I do wrong??

I'm not forcing anything, but I promise you that there are too many false doctrines/preachers so if anyone has a question, please ask & I will find out!

Believing in God doesn't save you contrary to popular belief...

James 2:19
19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Some of yall need a wakeup call--America doesn't make it any easier..we are too privaledged :scared:
Gad since someone has finally spoken up about disliking i'm afraid ima have to ask you to stop.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
tbh Gad can u please stop?

not everyone is a christian, and posting verses from a book that pretty much has no more proof to back up its claims then any other religion, is just begging for trouble.
Gad since someone has finally spoken up about disliking i'm afraid ima have to ask you to stop.
This is a social thread. If you guys can't handle a discussion about religion, don't respond to him or myself. He, and those of the same Christian lifestyle simply only wish to spread the word, and their thoughts. He's simply proselytizing, and though I don't necessarily believe in converting people to a particular religion, I do believe it's a great habit to show your relationship with God as a Christian.

Oh btw, this is couple of favorite verses of mine. This is mostly directed to you Gadiel. In other words, for those who do not wish to lay their eyes upon this, do not read the red or the comments thereafter. If you have a problem with them, please, take it up with me by PM, and don't clutter the thread with hateful words or trying to start a discussion unless you want a discussion.

Proverbs

21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of
water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD
pondereth the hearts.

21:3 To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than
sacrifice.

I might be reading too much into the last verse, but it says so much for those who believe that the Old Testament has a lot of crap that's "bad" or something like sacrifice. Also, kinda makes me think you shouldn't "sacrifice" your account by responding back to pressure from people here in any way after this lol.

link2702

Smash Champion
ya'll would get just as annoyed if i started saying why atheism is the only logical thing to believe in.

or if a Buddhist or some other religion, started quoting things from their religion.

keep religious beliefs somewhere other then a game site.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Its the Pit forums. Live and let live.

Kuro, I kinda think moderation is pretty unnecessary. Any non believers shouldn't feel incensed by religious talk of any creed as it has no meaning to them. Just treat it like lovable Abel spam.

P.S. I believe in Angels (ones with bows, arrows and a pathetic grab range.)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
ya'll would get just as annoyed if i started saying why atheism is the only logical thing to believe in.

or if a Buddhist or some other religion, started quoting things from their religion.

keep religious beliefs somewhere other then a game site.
If you state it's the only logical thing to believe in (which...it isn't a belief, it's a lack of belief or relationship) then that's fine. I'm not going to get down on ya and say "now that's just crazy talk, so many people are christians, you're gunna offend someone Waaah!"

Really, link... If you're an aetheist, I won't directly respond to you with bible verses or conversion methods. It's not my style ;) But I will say that it's unfair for someone to quash someone else's opinion, just like it'd be unfair for me to do so to you.

EDIT: combining double post...

Different topic...

Does anyone know how to get in contact with KiraFlax easily? A phone number? An email or profile he uses often maybe on AIM? I need to get in contact with him, and a few other Pits. I would love it if someone knew how to talk to YASS easily, I think I've seen him a couple times, but can't find his profile right now.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ehhh idk how to handle this situation. Having a discussion about religion is one thing. A constant post style of bible verses and preaching of christianties teachings is another thing entirely.

For now i'll just let it slide by till i can figure out what is the proper action.

link2702

Smash Champion
i was just using atheism as an example dami, replace it with Buddhism or some other religion.

Look the point is quoting verses like that from the bible, then going on to say things like its "to show people the truth" or w/e is pretty much asking for trouble, yet its something i've already seen several posts here basically doing. something like that shouldn't be popping up on a video game site, or least not anywhere other then the serious discussion board or a blog.

as i said before, Keep in mind not everyone's a christian, and as i said earlier, ya'll would get just as annoyed if a Buddhist, Jew, Muslim, w/e came in and started quoting texts from their religion and started saying things like "we're just spreading the truth" etc.

EDIT: and just before someone does it, don't start going on about the irony of my main character, i chose him cuz i found him fun to play as, thats all.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
But you ranted the same point over again and just ignored everything I said...

You know, it's that reason alone that I think people can be mature enough to ignore religion or Christian comments that are not directed at you personally. You only seal off what you don't want to hear. But yet, you want to hear it.

Anyways, it's fine in here if you reject religion because it's religion. I reject religion too, which is why I call it a relationship. I speak my mind, stay to the bible, and give people something to think about. After that, it's on you, and I won't judge you :)

Oh btw, for your info, a lot of things shouldn't be discussed on a video game board... but like I said...(points...) social thread... Everything comes in here, from people's personal lives to other video game sites besides smashboards and allisbrawl, from my little pony to animaniacs and kittens. Should we ban talking about kittens because they're not related to video games at all? You go ahead and dictate that.

And yes I know I'm using AtE, but it's so damn cuuuute....

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
I'm not looking for arguments, I personally don't have a problem with people sharing ideas and beliefs but if it upsets you then maybe they should stop or use collapsed tags with warnings or something (Kuro could just infract them in the name of Jashin lol).

On another note. I was thinking last night about what does pit lack most/what would I change about him if i could.

1. Aerial mobility
If he could move in the air like the faster airspeed characters (Wario, Wolf etc) then with his multiple jumps he apply some amazing shield pressure.
2. A longer chaingrab
They're pretty broken. if we could get Falco's free 50-60% each stock. Its not like we can platform camped with our curved arrows and sharking.
3. Better momentum cancelling
He just dies a bit too easily for my liking. Would be nice for our shield to act like bucket.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Random guy from Nowhereklahoma salty Jesus Christ didn't get him his favorite toy for christmas ;D

I would make Pit's grab range longer since he's moderately tall and the length of his arms should freakin' compensate *cough* kirby, jigglypuff, metadamnknight *cough*

Also change his dash animation, the speed doesn't have to be increased, but I think it would be cool if he glided across the stage like the other winged characters Charizard and MK

link2702

Smash Champion
when have any of those other things you just listed ever been a controversial topic Krystedez?

I'm hoping your just attempting to troll now, cuz if that was the best you could come up with to support your argument then thats just sad.

Hell even before i posted people already commented saying what ya'll were doing was a little to controversial to be saying here.

and what was you guys response to that? "oh we're just "spreading the truth" that right there is what got on my nerves.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Random guy from Nowhereklahoma salty Jesus Christ didn't get him his favorite toy for christmas ;D

I would make Pit's grab range longer since he's moderately tall and the length of his arms should freakin' compensate *cough* kirby, jigglypuff, metadamnknight *cough*

Also change his dash animation, the speed doesn't have to be increased, but I think it would be cool if he glided across the stage like the other winged characters Charizard and MK
Nah Pit running is pretty smexy. Let him be different the the other gliders.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Pit needs more grab range and kill power. Oh, it would also be nice if Ftilt had less endlag, so we don't get punished if we hit someones shield T.T

As much as I love to debate/argue about religion, I know exactly how useless it is and I'm not gonna start here, lol. Although I do have to say that this isn't really the place.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I would change two things to be realistic. Make his ftilt 6-8 frames like most of his other grounded moves. And give him ****ing better STANDING grab range. I mean god...he's almost as bad as ganon.

Also-

Gadiel doesnt have to stop. But i will warn you gadiel. Becareful with how you follow up on commenting on your verses. Or i'll have to edit your post if it's in disagreement. Or if you want to make things easy put em in collapse tags.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Yh his grab range is pathetic, but does no-one else slightly resent his poor airspeed. He's an angel.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm hoping your just attempting to troll now, cuz if that was the best you could come up with to support your argument then thats just sad.
I'm never going to argue about religion with you. That just fuels an argument, an argument I never want to have in a social thread. Apparently you're looking for one? Find it elsewhere. With that I'm done responding to you because you're the one looking for this so called trouble, link.

@Fludd0, out of all the posts, who here decided to "argue" religion, hmmm? It IS pointless. That's why I don't do it. I'd rather post fuzzy kittens to people. Serves a good sign as "sorry, I don't want to argue, things will just turn bad, either read or don't read, it's a social thread, lighten up, kay?"

@Damix, I will be posting anything I respond to about my relationship with God in this or any other social thread with a warning and a different text color. :)

Also, I really wish Pit had better air speed, this coming from a wario main though I might be biased lol. But if he had better airspeed... Dear God he'd be amazing... The only other thing that could make him better is if his arrows had transcendence priority.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yo. i don't really have anything to say. religion annoys me, yet im actually kinda religious so that's kinda hypocritical but tbh i just find hearing it annoying. but i also just don't care because i just kinda don't read it cause i've heard it all.

also, hi guys.

also, faster ftilt, better air mobility, a kill move that is reliable, more range on fsmash (i've started to think this move sucks. all it does it get barely outranged and then you eat some ridiculous punish move. this move sucks because it lacks range. it's such a *****. also im really salty right now. only losing matches and morale for ******** *** reasons. gives up. goes to bed.)

Top Bottom