• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
U-smash has so much range, comes out fast, good knockback (giving your self space), it's DACUS is very long, and great Oos move.

fUddO

Smash Ace
I used to love Usmash, but after playingv an ICs and having them DI out of it an grab me almost every time, it started to lose some of its charm. :(

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it's ICs. if they grabbed you it's because you let them get to close. it's a *****, but keeping them away and separate is what pit does best. well and plank of course. but no jab infinite and AR are god moves, as are dair and nair. and like i said uair planking but since there is a lgl just go for the aerial camping and multihit separation. this is the theory anyways.

link2702

Smash Champion
ice climbers are my most hated matchup....

i honestly don't give a **** if there is a ledge grab limit, i'ma abuse it best as i can, even going to time on an ic player, make it a boring nightmare for em.

....part of the reason i quit brawl competitively...

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it's my personal worst match up to as i am working on aquiring the patience to wait out against them. if you guys hadn't noticed from my vids, i have a tendency to start off patient, but then i just can't stand not actually playing and therein lies my downfall until i learn how to read better like logic was showing me.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Oh, I know the matchup decently well. It just makes me sad that they over-centralize the stage selection process to the point where I feel I need to ban FD as PIT, of all characters.

My main point about Usmash is that it's super unsafe against people with good smash DI. With ICs, this is even more pronounced, because 1 mistake = -1 stock.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I think I'm going to pick up... iunno... I'ma pick up some random character to deal with ICs. I've grown to dislike the MU as Lucario. And I'm probably completely dropping Lucario anyways. Maybe somebody with good planking... Oh wait, but good airspeed. There. Metaknight safely ruled out.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Kill nana then time out popo! Honestly theres no reason to kill them 6 times. If you kill nana you dont have to camp the ledge anymore, you can just run away.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
score one for both abel and luckay. those both be valid points.

i just realized, since most ICs only do grabbing, if some1 took up ICs to learn how to actually fight with them, that is the ultimate counter pick against iceclimbers. hmmm...... this makes me consider it but then i stop as i am going solo pit until i place at least top 10 with pit alone at a good tourney

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it was posted on april fools day. didn't even get that until fuddo pointed it out. however that wasn't until after i spent a lot of time doing my write up. just to be safe tho i still voted no on banning diddy kong. my point was proven on page 8 but like i said.... this was a stupid ****ing joke and it pissed me off that i spent that much time writing that up.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Wow.... I just notice that too and put all my hate into it T.T

I never knew it was April fools till you said it.

OMG AND I WAS ALL HAPPY TOO!

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I wish it was real T.T

Yay its not dead here anymore :D

When I was ban I swore i only saw 5 post max xD

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Jigglypuff's DAir spins.

Tornados spin too.

Jigglypuff's DAir is a tornado.

Jigglypuff is Metaknight.

Ban Jigglypuff.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
pikachu's bair is a tornado and so is Pit's uair. Mario dair, DK up b, Luigi down b, IC's side b, olimar nair, zelda neutral b, falco dair, bowser up b, OMG its a conspiracy to revolve everyone around metaknight!

Esca

Smash Champion

i just realized, since most ICs only do grabbing, if some1 took up ICs to learn how to actually fight with them, that is the ultimate counter pick against iceclimbers. hmmm...... this makes me consider it but then i stop as i am going solo pit until i place at least top 10 with pit alone at a good tourney
I have a pocket Ice Climbers for Ice Climber mains, for the ditto alone.

I know how to do basic chaingrabs, and advanced chaingrabs on like 10 characters just incase they CP.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Kill nana then time out popo! Honestly theres no reason to kill them 6 times. If you kill nana you dont have to camp the ledge anymore, you can just run away.
Thisx10 it's pretty gay but it works. However you have to realize some IC's go to the extreme if they notice the pattern and just kill themselves for a better chance.

Nox10 If the IC doesnt know how to fight with them then they are bad and should lose. End of story. That's is an absolute must for ICs to know.

Also IC can grab us out of our jab b4 we get to the infinite. It's pretty gay.

A lot of pro players pick up ICs just to counter ICs. ESAM recently did this due to his performance against Ally's fail ICs at pound :awesome: <3 esam
Esam has been messing/using ICs before ally even beat him.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
i hate IC. I hate when that **** doesnt fallow you and ends up dieing. I hate when I blok the other one gets hit. I hate when I grab the other one runs away.... I hate how their kill moves suck.

Top Bottom