• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kown's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm finally glad you two are getting along again. I wouldnt feel right if u 2 kept on fighting.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow too much to read! i was trying to read everything from this flame war, but i couldnt continue on page 59 lol

before i continue, allow me to introduce myself since this is my first post in the pit area, i'm chibosempai, a ROB main. youll find me around the atl north regional zones, tourney listings, and rob boards. im in the same crew as rouge pit (and was the one who sought out to recruit him) and have smashed with him on multiple occasions as well as kupo. i also ran the tourney they were just talking about that happened 2 days ago.

so much has been said... egos and being humble, who is who's teacher, who is better, etc.

it really should stop especially between 2 friends. however one of the main reccuring arguments is who is whos teacher bla bla bla and who learned what from who. who cares who learned what where. unless you actually sat down with your friend and showed them multiple techniques and got them better at the game, then you aren't theyr teacher. watching a vid or two of someone and using some of their techniques doesnt mean your their apprentice and that theyr your sempai (lolz). however if i must add my 2 cents on the topic at hand, i have been under the impression that kupo has been more of a pioneer in terms of pit's metagame, and despite the fact if rogue learned from him or not, his implementation of them is really great being the smart player he is.

unfortunately due to how he does in tourneys, rogue is currently outperforming a lot of the competition and is doing really well. but who cares. brawl is still new, and people are still joining the community. if you feel you are better than someone else, prove it. if you are the better person and DONT want to act like some idiots (like inui), then dont go shoving in peoples faces. letting people know of your placements is cool, and some friendly competition is expected, but trying to compete like its been going on is wrong.

rogue needs to not be as pompus at times, but its not only him at fault. in what i read, kupo must have mentioned he did amazing at teams with a girl he had never met multiple times. i not only watched some of his matches but also got the chance to play them in a tourney set (me and meximadnez, another ToS member). kupo and emmy performed great together, but theres no need to constantly remind everyone the fact that you should get extra points for not teaming with her before, and that she is a girl. joking or not, thats on the verge of being a sexist lol.

you guys just need to chill out, play some smash, and have a good time lol. rogue needs to calm down with trying to show off as being the best pit ever (even if he is lolz), and kupo needs to stop being so defensive. the more fighting that goes on, the worse itl be. theyr both awesome smashers, and i know both of them are above this.

and protoman (.com) should continue to post in here, and wherever he wants. hes too funny lol

kupo15

Smash Hero
I wish you did read more since I addressed the teacher etc stuff.

Here is what I think happened. Everything that has been said started out as a joke with nothing attached to it. Then as I said before the joking started to sound more like truth and has snowballed into this.

I want it to stop trust me. The teacher thing was a joke at first and yea, who cares who learned from who. We all learned from each other. Its a dumb argument I wish I stopped a while ago.

We are not trying to compete by any means or at least not I. I know he has been doing better in tourneys and I already stated my opinions about tourneys. Im not out to prove anything to anyone.

I want to make this perfectly clear. I am NOT sexist at all. You dont see many girls at tourneys or ones that play as well as Emmy. The extra points thing is a joke, just kidding and a way to save face I guess for him rubbing his better placement in my face. Obviously I didn't write enough to make that clear thus it has been taken the wrong way. It was awesome teaming up with Emmy and I wanted to show my excitement for teaming up with a great female smashers because that opportunity doesnt happen very often.

I do enjoy smashing and I dont care about being the best or competing with Rogue. We came to the tourney together and I had a great time like I told you earlier. Yea I can be a bit defensive but I think we both reached a breaking point. Throughout the past month, Rogue has been reminding me that he is better and I had it up to here with it. One small example is on my visitors example. Its the little things like that and saying that Im not good while we play EVEN if it joking is what got me to this point

aresparadox

Smash Cadet
I know Kupo IRL..i go to school with him and i play brawl with him and I think my solution which would calm everybodys mind and soul to all this would be.

FFA BRAWL IN REAL LIFE no items, no smash balls, FD....or some alleyway or whatever.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Im done with this flamewars. Ill continue with it somewhere else in hopes to settle this if thats what Rogue wants also.

I like oreo's double stuffed! :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
sry, kupo, i know u arent but i worded it wrong. i meant like u mentioned it so many times others might think that lol

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
y is chibosempai's name blue?
He hosts a lot of tournies, hence the title "Smash Director," which is funny because he plays as blue ROB.

@ Chibo: SatS 2 on the 23rd? I move in to Philly like the week after. It's a bit far from where I currently live. Mabye I'll be able to find a ride by that time.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Chips Ahoy + Double Stuffed Oreo + Milk ^_^
Chips Ahoy please.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Subways cookies are too good, especially when hot. go order yourself an platter of cookies then go and get them right when they are done. OHHHHHHHHHHHHhh sooooo good. also oreos are really good with chocolate milk or frosty's. and the soft chocoate chip cookies are pretty good too

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
@ Chibo: SatS 2 on the 23rd? I move in to Philly like the week after. It's a bit far from where I currently live. Mabye I'll be able to find a ride by that time.
il be holding sats every now and then in south jersey after sats2 (not quite as frequently as during the summer), but besides SatS I run Clash of the Titans, which are held in philadelphia. CoT4 will be held at some point in october most likely. CoTs are 2 day tournaments with one day melee and one day brawl. theyr kind of amazing lol. are u moving to philly for college?

oh thnxs. hmm i havent seen you around here much. is pit your secondary?
na i was just in here cause rogue asked for my opinion on the debate going on. im actually terrible with pit lol. hes one of the few characters in this game that i have absolutely no feel for

i play rob and secondary fox, sonic, and pokemon trainer

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
He hosts a lot of tournies, hence the title "Smash Director," which is funny because he plays as blue ROB.

Wow O_O... That was a really random video... Kind of catchy for some reason...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This makes the thread's 6700th view, 900th reply and
My 700th post! ^_^
This is seriously rare. Aint I a lucky angel?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It is pretty rare.
Now, Im concerned about that new thing Sage was talking about in the other topic. I think I'm being tricked. And I still need his help in building up my own combo vid, considering how he can record. He uploaded matches for Rogue, it wouldnt seem fair for me to be left out :(

As I am waiting for my NEW SUPPLIES...
Heh, Im still looking at the replay with me spiking that blue kirby with Pit. I just laugh at it.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
My first Multiquote Post!

oh thnxs. hmm i havent seen you around here much. is pit your secondary?
I've been lurking since January and didn't get my account activated until June when my Wii broke. Pit is one of my mains but I don't post here much because I don't have much insight on fighting with Pit. Advanced techniques cause me to think when I use him. :confused:

He is one of my 4 mains: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, Pit, and Snake. I usually go 5 deep, but my Kirby and Olimar are slacking... N64 I went random. Melee my Ice Climbers were superior to my other characters.

Now I stick with the Ice Climbers because I was good with them in Melee, and Game and Watch has always been my favorite character. Pit and Snake I came across by chance.

Subways cookies are too good, especially when hot. go order yourself an platter of cookies then go and get them right when they are done. OHHHHHHHHHHHHhh sooooo good. also oreos are really good with chocolate milk or frosty's. and the soft chocoate chip cookies are pretty good too
QFT :)

il be holding sats every now and then in south jersey after sats2 (not quite as frequently as during the summer), but besides SatS I run Clash of the Titans, which are held in philadelphia. CoT4 will be held at some point in october most likely. CoTs are 2 day tournaments with one day melee and one day brawl. theyr kind of amazing lol. are u moving to philly for college?
I move into Temple the 28th. It seems that most of the smashers are either at U. Penn, or Drexel. There doesn't seem to be many serious smashers at Temple.

And the last time I was good at Melee was in '05, before my cousin scratched the mess out of it. I still beat my friends though. :laugh:

Wow O_O... That was a really random video... Kind of catchy for some reason...
I always seem to find a lot of random vids. I wish I had something to record with. Then I could get some matches up or some of my Mario Kart 64 records up. I also find it funny that we have the same mains ;).

Lots of 08 people on these Pit threads I see. Especially March. :chuckle:

This makes the thread's 6700th view, 900th reply and
My 700th post! ^_^
This is seriously rare. Aint I a lucky angel?
Loving the zeros. That is Ultra Rare.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
sry, kupo, i know u arent but i worded it wrong. i meant like u mentioned it so many times others might think that lol
You wouldn't happen to know why it is taking so long for them to give me smash director would you?

Every time I go to Wendy's I get 2 JBC's, @ 5 piece with sweet n sour and hunny mustard, and an oreo frosty. Its cheep and filling and super special awsome.

Also Don't read this part if you want to save your self

When I worked there I had blood fights with the meat it was nasty. And the meat is frozen before its cooked the TV tells me its never frozen they lie.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Supplies, where are those supplies!?
BTW, I'm learnin C.Falcon now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You wouldn't happen to know why it is taking so long for them to give me smash director would you?

Every time I go to Wendy's I get 2 JBC's, @ 5 piece with sweet n sour and hunny mustard, and an oreo frosty. Its cheep and filling and super special awsome.

Also Don't read this part if you want to save your self

When I worked there I had blood fights with the meat it was nasty. And the meat is frozen before its cooked the TV tells me its never frozen they lie.

cause theyr lazy lol

idk, ask a mod personally to do it. although unfortuantely it doesnt hold as much merit nowadays as it used to cause so many random ppl are getting it that barely even hold tournies

NxC

Smash Apprentice
New signature to better reflect [irony] my love for the mirror shield.

My first tourney is in just over a week. I hope to rep' the angel and teach everyone a thing or two about aerial combat. .` ) I've been practicing like none other, and have learned a lot lately, so I think I'm quite prepared.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I am scarred for life. How come its taking forever for me to become a Smash Debater?
They are taking a long time with everything.

O_O... WOW, now I hate fast food more than ever...
LOL it was such a fast paced job.

blood fights!! haha
Ya his bloody finger when up my nose.

cause theyr lazy lol

idk, ask a mod personally to do it. although unfortuantely it doesnt hold as much merit nowadays as it used to cause so many random ppl are getting it that barely even hold tournies
Ya it holds little to no power to have a colored name. but I would still like recognition for what I do. lol But I do hold some tournies I have the clan Warz (doing good if anyone still cares), the Pit little tourny, one weekly thing, and a few random ones at my house, im also trying to get a big monthly thing up if I can.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
I figured I should introduce myself to the Pit boards since this seems like the relax/talk about stuff thread in the Pit boards so I'm Umbra, hopefully rising Pit. Lol nice to meet you all and I suck at intros, lol.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
It's a phase of the moon's shadow when a solar eclipse occurs. It's Latin for almost/nearly(Pen) shadow(umbra). It's a partial eclipse.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
I think that this weeks charrie disscusion is actually Pit, but most of them until Pit does come out I will probably think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom