• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kown's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Angel Ring on Ice pretty much pwnage. Sometimes tripping on the ice is enjoyable, as long as you are playing around with a friend who wont hit you.

EDIT: Forgot to say "Cheers to my 600th post ^_^"

kupo15

Smash Hero
is it just me or are the pits on AiB (not those who are on both) are inferior to us on SWF? Esp Imsogoodatthisgame. He is the only guy I flamed and he gives you good reason to do so. I also lightly flamed brawler_pit in the wingdashing one.

kown

Smash Lord
is it just me or are the pits on AiB (not those who are on both) are inferior to us on SWF? Esp Imsogoodatthisgame. He is the only guy I flamed and he gives you good reason to do so. I also lightly flamed brawler_pit in the wingdashing one.
whats AiB?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
whats AiB?
All is Brawl. It's a brawl site, hince the name. I got an account there. Rogue says that he faced a Decent Pit there. And I saw the spots where you flamed, and you had your reasons. Aparrently Brawler_Pit doesnt live in the US like most of us do, he supposingly lives somewhere in Europe, so he would lack most of the knowledge that we have.
As for ImsoGoodatThisGame, simply tell him, "You're not ready yet!" :laugh:

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I hate to say it but they suck. (I think this was on AiB but not sure) 4 of my friends here in Utah have the title's of best: DDD, Sonic, Snake, Wolf, Falco, Ike, Marth, Jiggs, Pika, and PT. The play anyone decend and well but to be the best of all of those when they only main, Wolf, Sonic, Snake, and Ike is kinda sad if you ask me.

Kupo Flaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How sad you lose 3 respect points. :(

kupo15

Smash Hero
what can I say, standing up for your friends and what you believe in feels right to me. *quiet reflection* I feel a quote coming on, "I fight for my friend!"

Kown, whats up with that hurricane? Is it affecting you?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya I was going to ask that too. Your to far away from it right? I mean its along the coast you live more in the middle right?

Also I was wanting to ask Sagemoon, Kown, and kupo what the gas prices look like in each of your area's were upto about $4 over here and im told thats lower then most of the US.

kown

Smash Lord
oh yea i think it rained/thundered last nite, but i dont think anything happened to me directly. I didnt even know there was a hurricane lmao! but now that i think about it, it rained pretty hard. heh oh well nothing happened. gas prices for me avg like 85 cents..... jkjk more like 3. 50ish

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Ya I was going to ask that too. Your to far away from it right? I mean its along the coast you live more in the middle right?

Also I was wanting to ask Sagemoon, Kown, and kupo what the gas prices look like in each of your area's were upto about $4 over here and im told thats lower then most of the US.
4.30 here currently.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
LOL you and IMSOGOODATTHISGAME were at each others throats I think you should stay here at SWF its not happy over there. :)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Dont worry CF. I dont plan to visit that place again anytime soon. This community is far better. I will probably glance at it from time to time for laughs but then again, doing that is what got this whole flaming wars started.
Thanks FzeroX. I also had some touch up help from a fellow Pit main that was awesome. Also, you say that my post was flaming? I never knew that. I thought flaming was a useless unthoughtout post made to trash someone opposed a thought out coming to a close post that I made :)

EDIT: lol at him complaining about it being too long so he didn't read. Never again will I post there

EDIT: I really think the next character discussed in the SBR is Pit!!! Woot!

Update #15: ?????

Depending on the region where you live, you could think this character is horrible or that this character is incredible. And depending on who you talk to, this character could have a great matchup against Snake, or could have a bad matchup against him. But everyone can agree that this character is awesome at punishing even the smallest of openings that your opponent shows. Include this character's awesome projectile game, ridiculous priority on some attacks, and incredible mindgames because of certain techniques, this character has quite a bit of potential. But only certain people can truly use (or even see) this potential, which is likely why there is such a difference in opinion.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
Update #15: ?????

Depending on the region where you live, you could think this character is horrible or that this character is incredible. And depending on who you talk to, this character could have a great matchup against Snake, or could have a bad matchup against him. But everyone can agree that this character is awesome at punishing even the smallest of openings that your opponent shows. Include this character's awesome projectile game, ridiculous priority on some attacks, and incredible mindgames because of certain techniques, this character has quite a bit of potential. But only certain people can truly use (or even see) this potential, which is likely why there is such a difference in opinion.
hmm
Region Part: check
snake: i dont know about this one most peopel agree snake has a advantages over pit but noob snakes often think otherwise
Punishing, sidestep d-smash? fsmash? id say its OK.
Projectile game : Duh
Ridulous priority: probably the f-smash
Mindgames : psh do ui even need to explain?
Potential : too general
Potential that only certain peopel can see or use: chewck, people still to this day dont believe in arrow looping or wavedashing -_-
Difference in opinion : like kupo's thread said huge differing opinions.

personally though i think pikachu's QuAC makes more sence toward the end. and Pika's downsmash is probably the Punishing anf high priority move. the Mindgames must be talking about quac too i believe. However the part that throws me off is that Most people agree Pika has an advantage over snake. regarldless of who you talk to (cept noobs of course)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Here is what i said...

"Oh i think it might be PIT! Everything matches so perfectly. A great projectile and there are huge disagreements with "useless" AT's". Pit has many AT's thus far and still has the potential. Noone except a Pit main who knows how to use him can really see the value in his AT's and only a select few know how to use them. The rest of the ppl think he is a spammer thus causing disagreements left and right. Ppl think he is horrible against snake but I disagree. Ridiculous priority on glide attack, Dtilt, Ftilt.

It sounds like Pit and I am crossing my fingers! XD"

Responding to the pika/lucario options

"Well about pika/lucario, the hint says "awesome mindgames due to certain techniques" which implies more than one. The only pika I can think of is QAC which has some mindgame potential. Pit has many AT's that outdo the QAC including Wingdashing and arrow looping to name two. Serious question but what AT's does lucario have to offer? I dont remember anything to groundbreaking as far as AT's goes and esp ones of awesome mindgame stature. I would also say that I think Pit's projectile beats both Pika and Lucario's.

MK26: I will have vids of Pit vs Snake as soon as I play my friend which will hopefully be this weekend. I have beaten snakes before and I can say that snake is an even matchup slightly in Pit's favor IMO. There is nothing Snake has over Pit that can be applied to everyone in the cast.

Pit has a lot of AT's in which 95% of Pit players dont know how to use them effectively so they dismiss them as useless. 5% of Pit players I would say do or so it seems. And if you arent one of the the few Pit players that can use them or have played against one, you most likely feel it is stupid and pointless hence the "But only certain people can truly use (or even see) this potential, which is likely why there is such a difference in opinion."

That being said, I think that Pit fits the description to a 'T'. Pit still has potential to improve and maybe there is at least one more AT to squeeze out of him."

Too bad Kown will probably miss it on vac i think. I wonder if Undr will post here and see what is going on....hmmm..

lil cj

Smash Lord
Speaking of AT's
Ive been practicing
Wing dashing and Wing cancelling
and I was wondering how are these AT's useful?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Speaking of AT's
Ive been practicing
Wing dashing and Wing cancelling
and I was wondering how are these AT's useful?
Exactly my point. Pit is next :laugh:

Im so glad they held off of Pit now that we have all of the techs revealed. It sucks that they didn't talk about MK cape glitch. Imagine how much less there would have been to talk about if he was first before we started discovering things.

Sagemoon: That is a great answer and I totally agree. :)

kown

Smash Lord
sigh* im not going to be here for the pit discussion.

okay so i really dont want it to be pit this week since im not gunna be here lol

so im gunna say y its not pit.

Depending on the region where you live, you could think this character is horrible or that this character is incredible.

Kown: in what region is pit incredible? (NO)

And depending on who you talk to, this character could have a great matchup against Snake, or could have a bad matchup against him.

Kown: thats so general. theres always going to be two sides. (neutral)

But everyone can agree that this character is awesome at punishing even the smallest of openings that your opponent shows.

Kown: This has to do more with the palyer than the char. so again another general statement. (neutral)

Include this character's awesome projectile game,

kown: This is probably the only thing that could fit pit. (YES)

ridiculous priority on some attacks,

Kown: I dont think pit has REDICULOUS priority on any attack. but this statement can be true for all chars. (neutral)

and incredible mindgames because of certain techniques, this character has quite a bit of potential.

Kown: the term mindgame gets thrown around. But ill ahve to say this does fit pit. (YES)

But only certain people can truly use (or even see) this potential, which is likely why there is such a difference in opinion.

Kown: a difference in opinion whether pit is good or not? i dont think anyone says pit is bad. but this is kidna general also. (neutral).

well it looks as if im right since there are 2 yes and 1 no and a bunch of neutrals.
In order for it to be pit all statements must be true.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
its a shame that they really arent the great Pits that we are, but im being serious *blown away* that one guy there in the art section named FireBomb could make such an amazing sig and avy, like the Gold Pit one I have.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Admirals were always known to be modest :laugh:

jk just pulling your leg XD

not many ppl want to put the kind of work needed to be good at pit. ppl think spam is pits last name so they avoid him.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ok maybe I am a bit. Hey wait you were pulling my leg? Let me go!
jk i know its a figure of speech :laugh:
Ppl thinking that Spam is Pit's last name... It is simple why they are like that when using the angel, and all you do is tell them this... and you guys can join in on this.

"You're not ready yet!"

lil cj

Smash Lord
What is this i hear about them revealing new Pit ATs?
what thread is this on??
I need to learn more:)
Are they also revealing more ATs for other characters too?

kown

Smash Lord
What is this i hear about them revealing new Pit ATs?
what thread is this on??
I need to learn more:)
Are they also revealing more ATs for other characters too?
basically. about every week a character is chosen by SBR (intelligent people) and the char is discussed with the whole smash community.

lil cj

Smash Lord
basically. about every week a character is chosen by SBR (intelligent people) and the char is discussed with the whole smash community.
Cool its about time they did Pit
He probably has the most and coolest ATs

Hopefully they find something that can compare to Metaknight's infinite dimension cape

kown

Smash Lord
well like its hard to say oli doesnt have "mindgames" when you dont play as that char. unless you do play as him, than id be wrong.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
well like its hard to say oli doesnt have "mindgames" when you dont play as that char. unless you do play as him, than id be wrong.
i gues thats true. But when i did play him it seemed like he had a very simple formula for playing and if you ddint fallow the formula you had a harder time. (like ike jabs f-airs and finishing upsmash) it generally makes them predictable but Hard to counter. Ollimar is no different. I think its hard to deal Mindgames under thoose circumstances.

D

Deleted member

Omg omg, i felt like learning wingdashing, and its sooooooo cool. Except its useless =( Also, pit sucks =)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I still dont see y many ppl diss certain Pit tech when they are useful. Each tech is useful when used at the right moment. From what I see many ppl still diss the wingdashing, and others to arrow looping. It's either they cant do it, or they complain when getting beaten by it, or maybe both.
At least I favor my Arrow Rain which probably no one else does, but I dont mind, for it is time consuming, but I still find it useful.
They're not ready yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom