• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I just thought that we put behind any denials. This is the internet. Anybody can be lying about something, but if you have no definite proof of it, then you shouldn't speak.
This.

People trying to disprove the story have valid reasons, but now is not the time or place. And I'm the kind of person who would eat that **** up like crazy. >_>
And really if HE of all people says it's not a good time. XD That's the end of the discussion, seriously.

Any news on how your brother is doing Karl?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So, how are you/he doing and stuff?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I just thought that we put behind any denials. This is the internet. Anybody can be lying about something, but if you have no definite proof of it, then you shouldn't speak.
I DON'T KNOW if this is a lie or not. If it isn't, then hope he gets better. If it is, I don't care, but I'm sure some people around here would.

BUT you can't really say what's in bold, because there isn't definite proof of something this big happening either. We're just taking someone's word for it.:) Try looking at it logically.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Why is everyone trying to prove the situation wrong? If you haven't even been here, then why do you care? How do you even know it is the same thing? Gosh, I swear.

And listen to finalark. Stop acting like you are detectives for God's sake.
Because it would be the most awful thing anyone could do, that is claiming to be shot, asking for sympathy, when it is clear they were not apart of it. This is a blog where people can comment as they want, and if they want to attack the story with its massive plot holes, they will.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Because it would be the most awful thing anyone could do, that is claiming to be shot, asking for sympathy, when it is clear they were not apart of it. This is a blog where people can comment as they want, and if they want to attack the story with its massive plot holes, they will.
I understand then.

KoolKatKarl

Smash Apprentice
Waiting for the 24th when my brother comes home.
I'm sorry you feel that way, I couldn't be telling more truth than I am, but I respect your "accusations." Is that the right word for it? Maybe your "views" on it? I have no other way of proving it to you, so I understand that it is hard to believe. I have been asked for video and picture to prove it, how the hell am I supposed know to make sure I have a video camera on me when I get hurt? I don't know if it is just me, or are people not seeing the pain I am going through right now? Having to go through this is hard enough without being called a liar. I am thinking that maybe I shouldn't have told people here, even though he wanted me to. I don't know what else to say other than all of the accusations are like punches to the gut, I really don't.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Karl, you have to look at it from our perspective.

We are suspicious because of the situation. The fact that it wasn't in the news, etc.
We don't know what to believe, and from our point of view, this could be a publicity/sympathy stunt.

Snare

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=1542]KOTH[/drupal]

Yesterday my brother and I left for school like any other day...

Later that night, my brother and I thought it would be a good idea to go and get a Gatorade before our bike ride, and we chose to walk to the Fantasy's, in the dark... Them I felt a sharp pain in my right leg and I screamed in agony, I got shot as well.

We were both taken away to the hospital and I was let go later yesterday night. Marc is in intesive care because the shot was near his lungs, as well as he lost a lot of blood. He could be in the hospital for a while, while I merely have a splint.
Sorry, i believe your story but this is the only part that didn't make sense to me. If you got shot at night, a hospital would never release someone the same day. They would at least make you spend the night. The police are also required to get involved with any wound that involves a gun when your taken to the hospital.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm sorry you feel that way, I couldn't be telling more truth than I am, but I respect your "accusations." Is that the right word for it? Maybe your "views" on it? I have no other way of proving it to you, so I understand that it is hard to believe. I have been asked for video and picture to prove it, how the hell am I supposed know to make sure I have a video camera on me when I get hurt? I don't know if it is just me, or are people not seeing the pain I am going through right now? Having to go through this is hard enough without being called a liar. I am thinking that maybe I shouldn't have told people here, even though he wanted me to. I don't know what else to say other than all of the accusations are like punches to the gut, I really don't.
You could alleviate all the pressures from everybody is merely took a picture of KotH in his hospital bed. We all know what he looks like from his profile picture.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your story here, by the way. I'm remaining neutral on this. Just trying to help.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
These two members have made a lot of friends here on smashboards, and from what I've seen, they seem like pretty good guys.

That being said, I think it's reasonable for us to assume that it's a legit story. I know that if CK ever posted a blog similar to this one, everyone would believe it. Karl and Koth aren't random users who joined for the purpose of making this thread. I suppose you could call me naive or extremely optimistic, but as far as I see it, it'd be safer for us to assume that it's true rather than scoffing it off as a stunt and risk hurting someone's feelings. If we assume that it's true, and it turns out that they've just been trollin', then there's no harm done. They might get their sick kicks, but nothing would really change apart from that. As well, like i said before, if we outright assume he's a troll when he isn't, then we all look like douches.

inb4 Victra's Wager.

Post pics of Koth and yourself? I donno.

ndayday

BRoomer
I think if they were lying, they would have realized that if they kept on going with it, they would totally get flamed/infracted/possibly permabanned by now. I had my doubts the first day, maybe the second as well, but then when it kept going I believed it. So basically, I'm a firm believer that the guilt would of made them cave in by now.

As for proof, pictures would suffice.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
I don`t need proof, asking for proof would make me feel guilty if I didn`t believe him.
So, I believe you. And if it was a sick joke, I would just be happy KOTH didn`t have to go through it.

KoolKatKarl

Smash Apprentice
I can take pictures of my brace and stuff, does that help? I don't feel comfortable taking pictures of him though, it would be weird asking him to take pictures because you guys didn't believe that it happened.

@Snare: What I call night, is about 7:00. I dislocated my knee once, at about 9:00 pm, and I didn't stay the night, I guess this is about the same type of minor injury. And yes, the police have been questioning us on provocation and other things as well.

I will post pics later.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's quite sad he has to go to these lengths to prove something.

You can not believe him, there's no problem with that. Still, asking him to prove it with pictures, whoever suggests that should be ashamed.

ndayday

BRoomer
Now that I read my post, I sound like a total jerk. I was just making a suggestion so people could see, I don't need the proof. :(

But like, how is Koth doing? I know he is hooked up to the breathing machine or whatever, but besides that how is the whole situation? When will he be out of the hospital? Poor guy. Also, kinda of a morbid question and all, but how does it feel to get shot?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Really, if you don't believe it you should keep it to yourself. I'm very suspicious of this story because some of this stuff makes no sense and doesn't add up. Asking for pictures of KOTH in his hospital bed is a bit extreme though.

|RK|

Smash Marketer

I hope that he gets back soon.

And no, he shouldn't have pictures taken.

In a way, the internet is like religion.

Either you believe, or you don't.
:kirby2:

KoolKatKarl

Smash Apprentice
Now that I read my post, I sound like a total jerk. I was just making a suggestion so people could see, I don't need the proof. :(

But like, how is Koth doing? I know he is hooked up to the breathing machine or whatever, but besides that how is the whole situation? When will he be out of the hospital? Poor guy. Also, kinda of a morbid question and all, but how does it feel to get shot?
I mean, its ok that some people dont believe me. He is doing ok, he was kind of sad when I told him that you guys wanted pictures. How does it feel to get shot? Scary. Adrenaline type scary. It happens in less than a second, and it feels like a being burned, but stabbed at the same time. I dont really know how else to describe it, I will have pictures up of my brace sometime when I get a chance to use a camera.

And by the way, that picture on his page is of my sister and her BF lol. You thought that was him? No. He is short, sort of muscular, kid like for his age, but he has gone through so much that I cant even imagine. Diabetes, broke his collar bone twice, broke his jaw. He has had his fare share of injuries, enough to last him a lifetime.

finalark

SNORLAX
And by the way, that picture on his page is of my sister and her BF lol. You thought that was him? No. He is short, sort of muscular, kid like for his age, but he has gone through so much that I cant even imagine. Diabetes, broke his collar bone twice, broke his jaw. He has had his fare share of injuries, enough to last him a lifetime.
Poor kid. He doesn't deserve this treatment, I hope that all of his injuries will pay off.

Omis

my friends were skinny
If this is really bothering you, then just ignore people.

This is a good example of douchebaggery in my own thread a long time ago. So much of it too that it had to get closed.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204858

Just be happy this one is still open, with you know, people who actually want to support you...?
I remember that thread. Everyone was being such an *** hat.

ndayday

BRoomer
I remember that thread. >_> I hate looking at Eor's post because I want to laugh but I know I shouldn't...meh.

Eh, and that's too bad about Koth. I've only messed up my knee and broke my pinky toe, while some people are getting shot and stuff. Get better, both of you.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've read most of this thread, and up until this point I've refrained from posting in it because I'm pretty indifferent to the whole situation.

However, I am making this Blog of the Week, not because of the OP, but because of the discussion that has arisen in the thread. It's centered around a basic question about the internet and anonymity that we often gloss over: how do we know that anyone here is telling the truth? The discussion of that question is what has made this thread so interesting, and worthy of Blog of the Week.

For the record, this post is not a value judgment about the OP. I really don't care if the story is true or not.

D

Deleted member

^^^ Saw it coming from a light year away. Keep Koth in your thoughts!

Conker315

Smash Lord
Wow, I just found out about this.I was like wondering what happened to you KoolKatKarl and Koth.You guys usually hang around the critique topic, right?I havent seen you guys post there so it seems weird.Well anyways I hope you both recover well, and be safe.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I wonder what goes through peoples heads when they do crap like this. Attempting to take lives is not a joke.

I'm glad to hear you and your brother are both doing well.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I wonder what goes through peoples heads when they do crap like this. Attempting to take lives is not a joke.

I'm glad to hear you and your brother are both doing well.
It's a maniacal mindset. Some people are raised rough, so it becomes a normal activity for them.

i c wut u did thar in ur avatar.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
It's a maniacal mindset. Some people are raised rough, so it becomes a normal activity for them.

i c wut u did thar in ur avatar.
Nah, thats not a viable excuse. Even growing up around death shouldn't make you numb to it. I hate violence, but people who think killing people is laughable I want to beat the **** out of them.
I swore.

And yes Heartz, I saw yours too.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've had an extremely hard upbringing. I've been abused both physically and psychically by my own father, and yet I still loathe violence.

No. It's not people who have had a hard upbringing and get numb due to it. It's people who've had an easy upbringing, with nothing to fear, and losing noone to death, and having noone put into lethal injuries. They don't know how much damage - both physical for the victim, and mental for the victim and the ones who love it - something like violence can cause, so they "don't mind" it.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Those are great points, you two, but only a heartless person would be able fully agree with it. We just don't know as sane individuals. Condolences to you Joel for your past, but that only means you had a strong heart. Other people aren't so fortunate.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Some of us just have a selfish, burning contempt for human life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom