• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
However, I've also noticed the only Mii Costume promotions from 4 were in the base roster (Chrom, Isabelle, Inkling, King K. Rool). So far no Mii Costume from 4 has been promoted via DLC for Ultimate. That may or may not change in the future
We still haven't seen a single Namco costume return from Smash 4 yet. Heihachi, Gil, and Lloyd still haven't come back. Heihachi and Gil are both in Pac-Man's taunt so I think they're deconfirmed.

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
I figured i might as well throw in my 2 cents here. I dont this tweet this really means anything for Kos-Mos' chances. Not that I'm certain fp5 is her, but at this point I dont think anyone will be able to pinpoint fp5. Nintendo seems to be trying it's hardest to keep it under wraps. I do think that if kos-mos gets into smash that a xenosaga remake is almost certain. The speculation scene consists of a small amount of the player base. There's thousands more people who play the game casually, and getting into smash increases a character's clout exponentially. I also imagine any dlc would sell like crazy just due to the fact some people like having a complete roster, or just think the character looks neat. I think Kos-mos could get the earthbound treatment. I dont think earthbound would be as well known as it is if ness wasn't in smash64. Hell, if you wanna get into a crazy theory, you could say that Harada might be helping kos-mos get into smash so that they can make a xeno-saga remake.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Honestly, if the profitability of a characters home series determines if they'd make it into crossover games, a lot of Smash's roster would be gone by now. KOS-MOS is well received even if her home series didn't sell all too well.

And honestly, if KOS-MOS got in Smash, that alone could bump up the remasters to exist. It's just a thought.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I figured i might as well throw in my 2 cents here. I dont this tweet this really means anything for Kos-Mos' chances. Not that I'm certain fp5 is her, but at this point I dont think anyone will be able to pinpoint fp5. Nintendo seems to be trying it's hardest to keep it under wraps. I do think that if kos-mos gets into smash that a xenosaga remake is almost certain. The speculation scene consists of a small amount of the player base. There's thousands more people who play the game casually, and getting into smash increases a character's clout exponentially. I also imagine any dlc would sell like crazy just due to the fact some people like having a complete roster, or just think the character looks neat. I think Kos-mos could get the earthbound treatment. I dont think earthbound would be as well known as it is if ness wasn't in smash64.
I agree. Without KOS-MOS and Xenosega, Xenoblade wouldn't exist and nether would Shulk, Elma, or Rex and Pyra. Monolith Soft's failure with the last two Xenosega games is why Xenoblade even exists.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Even if it's not KOS-MOS, I have a strong feeling FP5 will be female anyway

and also, have a sci-fi aesthetic about her

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That one year anniversary picture with all the DLC characters in it and Daisy makes me believe that too. If not KOS-MOS, I pray it's Elma. :awesome:
Mecha-Fiora would be another welcome surprise out of left field, since I voted for her on the Ballot. Though I don't think they'd do another Chrom-style promotion so soon

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
For all of the melancholy I've cascaded throughout this speculation cycle, with an overtly cautious attitude and a realist mind-set, I vividly appreciate the passion that goes into the support behind KOS-MOS, and I can't help but agree that there are definitely good points so far about the recent tweet not being an outright death sentence for her chances in Smash.

If I have anything to add to the current discussion, it's that we've been mislead and disappointed for so long that we might get the most subdued reactions to her potential inclusion in the future, to the point that outsiders will scratch their heads wondering, "That's it? No 'hurrah'? No parties? Nothing? Not even a ****post spree of her getting in? Man, you guys are probably pinching yourselves to check if you're still dreaming or something."

Even if it's not KOS-MOS, I have a strong feeling FP5 will be female anyway

and also, have a sci-fi aesthetic about her
Keeping on strong for Elma, eh? Can't say I don't admire your determination. Keep doing you, Rie! We'll get her some day~

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
I see some people mention alot of the characters of the fp also had new games come out with them. I think this is actually coincidence. For Joker, it was literally only a matter of time for atlus to make a updated version of p5. They've done it for every persona game. Hell, p3 had 3 different versions. Dragon Quest is similar, but it probably got in smash due to being one of the longest running and popular rpg series in japan. For terry, kof15 technically isnt even one of his games. He's a fatal fury character. It just so happens kof is more popular. So yeah, kos-mos dosent need a remake to be in smash.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
If Xenosaga is dead, I hope KOS-MOS at least lives on in the Xenoblade series. Make her cameo in every Xenoblade game moving forward, like how Terry continues to make appearances in the King of Fighters games.

As for Smash, I’m still staying on this support train, even if it crashes and burns. I mean, I already did so with Kyo, even after Terry was “leaked”.

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
Wow... people sure gave up easy after only one tweet that's not even in relation to Smash... That's gonna make coming here a lot less fun...
What, you actually had fun coming here? Between smash fans ****ting on some of my favorite games on a semi daily basis and trolls making targeted fake leaks I'm not sure how one could be a Kosmos supporter and not grow to hate this place.

D

Deleted member

What, you actually had fun coming here? Between smash fans ****ting on some of my favorite games on a semi daily basis and trolls making targeted fake leaks I'm not sure how one could be a Kosmos supporter and not grow to hate this place.
I just ignore them, And don’t take it personally, Smash fan base is terrible when it comes to character discussion.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Yeah it's over, lol. Not because a remaster/remake is confirmed to not be happening, but because Harada in extremely certain and unvague terms just dismissed the legacy of Xenosaga when that would both screw over the splendor of a possible very soon KOS-MOS Smash entrance and corrupt the findings of what could have been a great way to allow for demand for these games to speak for itself.

Sorry guys. :(

D

Deleted member

Yeah it's over, lol. Not because a remaster/remake is confirmed to not be happening, but because Harada in extremely certain and unvague terms just dismissed the legacy of Xenosaga when that would both screw over the splendor of a possible very soon KOS-MOS Smash entrance and corrupt the findings of what could have been a great way to allow for demand for these games to speak for itself.

Sorry guys. :(

I don’t get what you’re saying, but I think she doesn’t have a chance too for other reasons.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Xenosaga is dead, I hope KOS-MOS at least lives on in the Xenoblade series. Make her cameo in every Xenoblade game moving forward, like how Terry continues to make appearances in the King of Fighters games.

As for Smash, I’m still staying on this support train, even if it crashes and burns. I mean, I already did so with Kyo, even after Terry was “leaked”.
It would actually be pretty intersting if she appeared in Xenoblade Definitive Edition. AND Xenoblade X DE to boot cause why not

after all Elma's true form was inspired by KOS-MOS

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
Yikes, I don't really know what to say...

Wasn't it just a few weeks ago she was the frontrunner? We were so close, and now we're back to square one. I want to believe, but I'm finding it hard to after the string of things against us in recent times.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yikes, I don't really know what to say...

Wasn't it just a few weeks ago she was the frontrunner? We were so close, and now we're back to square one. I want to believe, but I'm finding it hard to after the string of things against us in recent times.
remember also that Grant Kirkhope said "don't count on it" in regards to BK shortly before their reveal. let's not lose hope just yet

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Like I said before it is not over or decided until FP5 gets revealed within the next few weeks hopefully, but I won't lie that I will prepare myself in the mindset that she won't be.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'd say very little has changed for her to be perfectly honest. Her getting into Smash was never really contingent on Xenosaga getting some huge return and she's been able to survive independently of Xenosaga for 13 years now as a crossover character. I never really thought Xenosaga's own legacy would get her in, I thought it would be more of Monolith Soft pushing for this crossover to happen, and just because they can't remaster Xenosaga doesn't mean that they'd just give up on including KOS-MOS in stuff.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I read about the Xenosaga tweet. The fact that it couldn't get past the profitability stage is saddening. Never realised that games need to get past that stage of approval.
I always wondered if they could sort of reboot it but that could be a bit maddening for the fans. Or a direct port to Switch.

I'm still lining her up as one of the front runners no doubt. I've said it before but her in Smash and a Xenoblade 1 remake for Monoliths 20th is too perfect not to spoil. I refuse to believe it.

D

Deleted member

Just read that tweet and...holy crap.

If Xenosaga bombed that hard at the market, then everyone really is doubting her chances.

But still, even if it is not her, I still rest my case that FP5 is a female. No women, no buy.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

If Xenosaga bombed that hard at the market, then everyone really is doubting her chances.

But still, even if it is not her, I still rest my case that FP5 is a female. No women, no buy.
The incredibly poor sales of the later Xenosaga titles are pretty well documented. If you've paid any attention to what Xenosaga was, besides the first game, it really was a bomb of a series that put Monolith Soft in a rough spot that would eventually lead to Xenoblade Chronicles. Honestly, a Xenosaga remaster was one of the hardest things to ever try and actually realize given just what that required from Bandai-Namco. You'd likely have to put a lot of work into fixing some of the issues with the games in addition to the standard process of bringing them forward a couple of generations with touch ups, with a pretty small original fan base to even try and turn a profit from to begin with.

I guess people being surprised by this catches me off guard because it was always a long shot in my mind.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The incredibly poor sales of the later Xenosaga titles are pretty well documented. If you've paid any attention to what Xenosaga was, besides the first game, it really was a bomb of a series that put Monolith Soft in a rough spot that would eventually lead to Xenoblade Chronicles. Honestly, a Xenosaga remaster was one of the hardest things to ever try and actually realize given just what that required from Bandai-Namco. You'd likely have to put a lot of work into fixing some of the issues with the games in addition to the standard process of bringing them forward a couple of generations with touch ups, with a pretty small original fan base to even try and turn a profit from to begin with.

I guess people being surprised by this catches me off guard because it was always a long shot in my mind.
I mostly blame episode II. It was a huge disappointment, this coming from someone who loved Episode I and followed II's development. I heard III was a slight improvement but the damage from II had already sadly been done

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I mostly blame episode II. It was a huge disappointment, this coming from someone who loved Episode I and followed II's development. I heard III was a slight improvement but the damage from II had already sadly been done
I've often heard a proper Xenosaga re-release would have to fix a number of problem with Episode II, so I imagine that's also potentially one of the things holding back Xenosaga from getting a remaster/re-release. It just seems like they need a lot of work to be resold to audiences honestly.

D

Deleted member

So you won’t buy it unless it’s a girl? Lol ok.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Re: fixing Xenosaga's problems - for one, if it does happen, just GET RID OF ORGULLA. Everyone hates her, myself included... and apparently the devs too as she wasn't in Xenosaga I+II for the DS.

Speaking of that, maybe include a little blurb before starting II that tells of everything that happened between I and II? The DS game was Japan only so there's a lot of in between missing. I think the end of the DS game sets the stage for III, too

in fact, there's some other supplementary story material that iirc isn't available outside of the Wayback Machine

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kinda get from hearing your views about wanting a female but can you explain a bit more about the not buyin though if it isn't? No offence.
It's mostly a "vote with your wallet" stance. If you aren't impressed, it's better to boycott than to go on needless rants.

Dutch Raikuna

It's mostly a "vote with your wallet" stance. If you aren't impressed, it's better to boycott than to go on needless rants.
Ah. Never understood the boycotting. I'll always buy Smash DLC but that's more of a more the merrier sort of thing.

Did it stem from something and is it just connected to Smash Bros or has it always been a view of yours? Just very curious.

Dutch Raikuna

Don’t think Nintendo is going to care about your little boycott but ok, if it makes makes you feel better.
Let people be people here. I agree with your statement a little bit though. Big corp don't care about one. Still that's how she is and I admire her opinion on it. I personally want a female rep badly. Just not enough to not get it if it ain't.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
SHE'S IN

Project X Zone 3. See you then!
only if we get Shulk, Elma, Bayonetta, Palutena, and Captain Falcon as well, and bring back Fiora, Chrom, Lucina, Frank West, and Segata Sanshiro AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LESS SHINOBI PEEPS

then yeah i'll accept it

Last edited:
Top Bottom