• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Potential game awards leak? KOS-MOS is there but.... other stuff is interesting

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/486057606

>The cult SNES game Clock Tower is getting a remaster, set for release in 2020.
>Kingdom Hearts 3 Re: Mind is getting another trailer, getting delayed to January 2020.
>SMT V is finally gonna get shown off again, after 2 years of waiting.
>The final character of the fighter pass is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, then they reveal that 4 additional characters are being planned for 2020.
>A new game from the makers of Gone Home is gonna get revealed, don't know what it's called tho.
>A pack of Vocaloid songs are gonna get added to Beat Saber after the awards show.
>Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC exclusively on EGS.

We haven't seen SMT V for years.... it's a really great time for people to get back into it. KH3 DLC delay is very believable. This is SE we are talking about here. I'm not sure about Horizon Zero dawn PC but Death Stranding is coming to PC so that's always a huge possibility. Clock tower is a game people forgot about and I wouldn't be surprised to see it get remastered.

4 additional fighters would line up with the rule of 3 theory and Cat leak.
KOS-MOS and Reimu come on! Please baby Jesus!

Okay so after today’s Sabi tweets I feel like there’s no reason to believe she knows anything about fighter #5

The person said those weren’t all the reveals.

And nobody is believing it. I literally just shared it for discussion.

Anyway something new today.....

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Unknown to the fans hmmmmm do you guys think it is KOS-MOS?

Edit: looks like I took this out of context. He didn’t say unknown to fans!
I just talked to Sakurai yesterday, and he told me it was Shrek. :4pacman:

Last edited:

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
Sakuria's Rule of Mai of censorship might be a Huge Wall for Kos-Mos i know you guys already talked about it, but it scares me to think this wall can deny Kos-Mos entirely, also i sadly doubt Xenosaga HD or her will be shown in the VGA remember people still asking for characters that are much in the mainstream like Doomguy, Steve, Jonesy i mean sadly it can happen even Lloyd.

I'm not being Negative but its Sakurai's Rule witch i find it stupid but yeah idk if Kos-Mos will appear to us in Smash in the VGA.

D

Deleted member

Sakuria's Rule of Mai of censorship might be a Huge Wall for Kos-Mos i know you guys already talked about it, but it scares me to think this wall can deny Kos-Mos entirely, also i sadly doubt Xenosaga HD or her will be shown in the VGA remember people still asking for characters that are much in the mainstream like Doomguy, Steve, Jonesy i mean sadly it can happen even Lloyd.

I'm not being Negative but its Sakurai's Rule witch i find it stupid but yeah idk if Kos-Mos will appear to us in Smash in the VGA.
They can just cover her legs if they wanted KOSMOS. It's not like Mai where the entire costume is jiggle physics fan service. I'd imagine like how Corrin's inner thighs were censored, maybe he can just cover her legs and call it a day.

****ty MS Paint visualization

12345.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989

https://japanesenintendo.com/2019/11/22/sakurai-worked-on-a-new-smash-fighter-today/

Take this how you will, this is real though, happened yesterday.

“Today I also made things in the company, such as a fighter whom hasn’t been known by everybody yet. And I came here after the work has ended.”

So, you can take this as fighter five just not being revealed yet or fighter five is an obscure character. Also, a lot of leakers have confirmed it ain't Doomguy or Steve. Haven't heard a hard deconfirmation on Llyod, but due to the fact no mii fighter costumes from smash 4 have received a promotion through /DLC/ I doubt it'd be him. Any Namco rep besides Lloyd and Heihatchi makes sense though since then they'd just bring back their mii fighter costumes. Personally, I take that as fighter five just not being revealed and that fighter five is someone more obscure like KOS-MOS.

Now, the changes with Mai were more-so CERO than the ERSB actually. Since remember, CERO cares more about the fact if you can upskirt a girl, even if they're Peach and Rosalina where they have long dresses more than Joker using a gun. That said, I think KOS-MOS could have the excuse of technically being a robot character. That said as someone else pointed out, she ain't super exposed like Mai, that said as I've been saying if a Rated T equivalent rating with CERO was what Sakurai was going for Mai wouldn't be out of the game and Female Corrin's thighs wouldn't be censored and we'd be able to upskirt those with dresses I guess. Otherwise, as Bolder said and already did with RE, they can just do some censoring.

1574543047067.png

Version 1 seems quite easy, extend the leggings and add some black tights or something.

1574543095748.png

Due to the fact Version 2's only human skin color is on her face, she might be able to get a pass for not being human-looking enough, honestly kind of a Zero Suit situation here IMO.

1574543144284.png

Quite sure one of the female cameos on the FF stage has a mid-rift exposed so version 3 might be fine other than closing up that boob-window, though lets be honest, KOS-MOS doesn't have as big of a bust as Mythra so hers might be fine.

1574543218791.png

Version 4, really the same adjustments as RE and 1 would need, you don't really get her boob window unless looking straight up at her from a downwards position so again, that might be passed up on or it might not.

1574543343189.png

As for those of us who want T-elos to get as an alt of her, I admit it might be impossible since it'd be much more censoring, you'd have to bring up those boots and add tights and bring up the torso-armor down and up so we don't have some pelvis skin and a tiny bit of under-boob being exposed. Essentially you'd have to make T-elos Zero-Suit-ified, but idk, maybe they can figure out a way to get around that issue like saying its a one-piece or something.

1574543676216.png

As for T-elos RE (while the official art ain't all that good to display it, any renders of her ripped model were too big for smashboards, so... deal with me here) a much simpler job of just adding some tights over that skin going to the panties and skirt she has.

Though, sans perhaps T-elos' Xenosaga design, I believe KOS-MOS and any alts she may have wouldn't really need to be censored or that she can't happen due to design and rating reasons like Mai (which we all know, if CERO didn't care about a girl's bust-size and the fact her panties could be seen, she'd maybe be in Smash). If anything, it's just some minor touch-ups of "Can't let you see panties since CERO is more concerned about a article of clothing than a gun".

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

did you miss my post a few weeks ago? https://smashboards.com/threads/kos...ash-ultimate-dlc.451936/page-18#post-23647398

Zebulun

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'd like to be added to the support list if possible. I've been lurking around here for a while, and just realized I've never posted (I'm not very forum-y). I love KOS-MOS and the Xenosaga series and think she would be an awesome addition to the roster! Now, back to lurking ^^

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

This is a surprisingly great video on KOS-MOS as #5. While I dont 100% believe these leaks are related to one another it seems weird that if copy cat guy was trying to fake KOS-MOS why KOS-MOS out of all characters?

Another thing I learned from the video is that no fighter has a mech yet and we dont know what fighter Sakurai uses his Mech purchase for as a visual reference.

It could be KOS-MOS when you think about it.... Sakurai used the rifle bit as the reference right?

Here are some of KOS-MOS's weapons from Xenosaga Episode III.

Of course, Sakurai could have even used the new laser guns she gets in Xenoblade 2.

Anyway, the video is really long but I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

This is a surprisingly great video on KOS-MOS as #5. While I dont 100% believe these leaks are related to one another it seems weird that if copy cat guy was trying to fake KOS-MOS why KOS-MOS out of all characters?

Another thing I learned from the video is that no fighter has a mech yet and we dont know what fighter Sakurai uses his Mech purchase for as a visual reference.

It could be KOS-MOS when you think about it.... Sakurai used the rifle bit as the reference right?

Here are some of KOS-MOS's weapons from Xenosaga Episode III.

Of course, Sakurai could have even used the new laser guns she gets in Xenoblade 2.

Anyway, the video is really long but I enjoyed it.
That is quite a lot of incredible details... It would be quite insane if that managed to be just coincidences

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Hey So funny enough, I've been following this thread for months now and just recently made a smash-boards account to actually speak.
I did not know anything about KOS-MOS until Ultimate DLC and once seeing her through this thread Iwent days on researching her, her character, what she's about and can now say that I am a huge supporter. I really hope KOS-MOS becomes DLC and i can have a new main.
Anyways, add me to the support list!
Pleasure to finally meet all of you, especially you Dinah. (Also see KOS-MOS related posts on gamefaqs)

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hey So funny enough, I've been following this thread for months now and just recently made a smash-boards account to actually speak.
I did not know anything about KOS-MOS until Ultimate DLC and once seeing her through this thread Iwent days on researching her, her character, what she's about and can now say that I am a huge supporter. I really hope KOS-MOS becomes DLC and i can have a new main.
Anyways, add me to the support list!
Pleasure to finally meet all of you, especially you Dinah. (Also see KOS-MOS related posts on gamefaqs)
Nice to meet you too! I'm really glad that my thread caught your interest and you ended up supporting KOS-MOS!

The Lightning Python

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-3471-4788
Well Masahiro Sakurai says that the character he says he's working isn't well known to everyone.
This could apply to KOS-MOS, but also some other unexpected characters such as Reimu, Marina, heck even an Arcs System Works rep.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
Well Masahiro Sakurai says that the character he says he's working isn't well known to everyone.
This could apply to KOS-MOS, but also some other unexpected characters such as Reimu, Marina, heck even an Arcs System Works rep.
I really Hope is Kos-Mos and still waiting for Dante DMC3 Special edition next year for switch holy **** XD.

Again Really Hope Kos-Mos Becomes Namco's Rep we really Need her and Xenosaga HD

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
That’s inaccurate. Sakurai’s own exact words were: “Today I also made things in the company, such as a fighter whom hasn’t been known by everybody yet. And I came here after the work has ended.”

https://japanesenintendo.com/2019/11/22/sakurai-worked-on-a-new-smash-fighter-today/

All he said is that the character isn’t known to everyone yet (i.e. because they have yet to be revealed). Nothing about them being not well-known or anything.

The Lightning Python

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-3471-4788
That’s inaccurate. Sakurai’s own exact words were: “Today I also made things in the company, such as a fighter whom hasn’t been known by everybody yet. And I came here after the work has ended.”

All he said is that the character isn’t known to everyone yet (i.e. because they have yet to be revealed). Nothing about them being not well-known or anything.
Well maybe that's just me in my point of view. ^^;

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I thought it meant that too at first. Apparently it just means the fighter is unknown as in unrevealed.

Also, did anyone think of the possibility that maybe the next fighter pass isn't a pass and just updates instead with character packs throughout the year? Could be possible. Remember that Sakurai said if it were his choice he would reveal all fighters right away. Not saying I believe the whole only 4 fighters game awards leak but it could be possible.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I thought it meant that too at first. Apparently it just means the fighter is unknown as in unrevealed.

Also, did anyone think of the possibility that maybe the next fighter pass isn't a pass and just updates instead with character packs throughout the year? Could be possible. Remember that Sakurai said if it were his choice he would reveal all fighters right away. Not saying I believe the whole only 4 fighters game awards leak but it could be possible.
Could be only four fighters planned at that time and that they could add more later

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Seeming as hackers/moders found out, the roster can handle 11 more slots before the game crashes so.., I think it’s more likely another pass or two will occur,

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Now that RE is not happening and i'm really sad to see Jill got reduced to a novice spirit I feel like if Capcom had plans for a character it is going to be in the next pass. I'm all in on #5 being Namco and it is a bloody battle between our KOS-MOS against Lloyd. Text leaks seem to point to KOS-MOS but we don't know if those can be trusted yet.... Cat leak has some great evidence behind it, etc.

Also, Sabi backtracked on Dante very fast and really only said Dante cause of the dmc3 switch port. I trust Verg more than her at this point. Verg replied in a topic about Niche picks on gamefaqs for #5 and he disconfirmed Nippon Ichi as the fighter #5 rep. Why would he post in a topic about niche picks? The plot thickens!

D

Deleted member

Now that RE is not happening and i'm really sad to see Jill got reduced to a novice spirit I feel like if Capcom had plans for a character it is going to be in the next pass. I'm all in on #5 being Namco and it is a bloody battle between our KOS-MOS against Lloyd. Text leaks seem to point to KOS-MOS but we don't know if those can be trusted yet.... Cat leak has some great evidence behind it, etc.
The only evidence backing up Lloyd was the copyright thing. Could literally mean anything, and it does not have to correlate to Smash. KOS-MOS has semi-valid leaks, and that's a good deal.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Wasnt Xenosaga III Trademarked in 2018? Literally during the time when Sakurai and the team were choosing the DLC fighters pass?

D

Deleted member

Wasnt Xenosaga III Trademarked in 2018? Literally during the time when Sakurai and the team were choosing the DLC fighters pass?
I don't know. I wasn't updated on this information, sadly.

Anyway, if KOS-MOS got in, there's gonna be TONS of Evangelion-related memes. Like calling KOS-MOS "Cyborg Grown-Up Rei Ayanami"

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The only evidence backing up Lloyd was the copyright thing. Could literally mean anything, and it does not have to correlate to Smash. KOS-MOS has semi-valid leaks, and that's a good deal.
That and his Mii costume from Smash 4 still missing in action. Until I see that costume come back, I am convinced otherwise he is in.

D

Deleted member

That and his Mii costume from Smash 4 still missing in action. Until I see that costume come back, I am convinced otherwise he is in.
Though the new worlds thing pretty much bugs me. I mean, they did mention fracnhises that have never touched Smash before?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Though the new worlds thing pretty much bugs me. I mean, they did mention fracnhises that have never touched Smash before?
I think Reggie was just talking about franchises that haven't gotten a playable character yet in the roster, not franchises of characters who only have a Mii costume. Like I said, Lloyd's Mii costume from Smash 4 hasn't return yet, so Tales of Symphony doesn't have representation in Ultimate what so ever like it doesn't even exist.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Reggie was just talking about franchises that haven't gotten a playable character yet in the roster, not franchises of characters who only have a Mii costume. Like I said, Lloyd's Mii costume from Smash 4 hasn't return yet, so Tales of Symphony doesn't have representation in Ultimate what so ever like it doesn't even exist.
Even so, that's what is causing KOS-MOS to compete with him for the slot.

Really hoping it's KOS-MOS. She could nring a lot of things to Smash, and we have yet to get a female DLC, so...yeah. And besides, she has a viable cat leak for her backing.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Also, Sabi backtracked on Dante very fast and really only said Dante cause of the dmc3 switch port. I trust Verg more than her at this point. Verg replied in a topic about Niche picks on gamefaqs for #5 and he disconfirmed Nippon Ichi as the fighter #5 rep. Why would he post in a topic about niche picks? The plot thickens!
I was not expecting an NIS character but still it would have been awesome to have Asagi in smash.

I honestly think KOSMOS has more then Llyod. People seem to jump to him as the face of the tales series. I love the tales series but there are better MCs then him

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not surprising tbh.
You're right. I was just breathing the moment.

Even so, that's what is causing KOS-MOS to compete with him for the slot.

Really hoping it's KOS-MOS. She could nring a lot of things to Smash, and we have yet to get a female DLC, so...yeah. And besides, she has a viable cat leak for her backing.
1. Tales series is the 3rd biggest JRPG franchise in Japan.

2. Lloyd is really popular over there in Japan.

3. Mii costume from Smash 4 missing and isn't represented anywhere in the game while every other Smash 4 Mii costume got represented/upgraded in the game as a playable character, Assist Trophy, stage background character, Spirit, or boss. Lloyd or any Tales representation isn't anywhere to be seen in the game.

But yeah, I would prefer KOS-MOS or a Soul Calibur rep like Nightmare or Yoshimitsu. But regarding all that I said, I think Lloyd is the most likely.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
>Checking the supporter list...
Wait, I haven't asked to be on the supporter list?

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
You know, I always see people debating who could be the “sole Namco rep” added to Smash between Heihachi, KOS-MOS, or Lloyd, but honestly? I think it’s possible that we could be getting two Namco characters this time around.

I mean, we’ve already seen precedent that companies aren’t afraid to double dip in one game (see Mega Man and Ryu). And a lot of people seem to believe that either Geno or Sora could possibly make it in as DLC later for this game, even though we did just get Dragon Quest from Square Enix, so I don’t see how it has to be any different with Namco.

I personally think that if KOS-MOS ends up being FP#5, we will see the Gil and Heihachi Mii costumes come with her, and then Lloyd will come post pass, where more of the “fan requests” will show up.

I could also see a scenario where the missing Mega Man Mii costumes come with KOS-MOS in a “robot/android” themed Mii costume set, and Lloyd releasing with the Gil and Heihachi costumes.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So with 11 characters near confirmed left, what is your wishlist of those 11?

1. Shantae. The little indie gal that keeps going. Would bring a very fun unique playstyle with her magic, hair whips, and more dancing playstyle with a bonus of transformations.

2. Reimu Hakurei. The top doujin/indie girl from japan. She has a long rangebif games, includingnfighting games, and a large doujin community. She would bring a very unique playstyle with a bullet hell type of gameplay.

3. Geno. The last big fan request that isnt a assist trophy. Been wanted since melee, and i think he will be in maybe even as just the last one as a big finale.

4. Crash. The last of the big 90s mascot rivalry missing in this game. With a new game supposedly coming its his time to shone. Can be not as unique as some of the others but more an ode to classic crash, like Banjo was. The reveal can be a parody of the old smash commercial too.

5. KOS-MOS. I think she would be a great new Xeno rep, and a good Namco rep. She is pretty well known, and can bring a fun mecha style gameplay to smash, and she is one of the faces of Namco.

6. Rex and Pyra. I know they are just a mii costume and spirit now but i really think Sakurao wanted them in if they were just slightly sooner. Plus i think they would a very fun first true tag team character in the game, swapping between rex and pyra like the dlc played.

7. Rythm Girl. Rythm heaven was a fun game, and she would be a very fun character that can pull from all the mini games.

8. Doomslayer. Quite different from my other picks, but i think he really deserves to be in smash, as the grandaddy of all fps. I used to think he needs his violence but he can be made to fit in smash while being more brutal in his motions without being grusome.

9. Dixie Kong. She is one of the last remaining brawl missing character left, and she could be quite fun to play as. Using her hair differently then shantae, and maybe having some animal buddys and her guitar.

10. Paper Mario. Paper mario games were fantastic and paper Mario could be a very unique player. Using his hammer for his main attacks, having allies for his specials or like pac man that he can choose which ally he pulls out.

11. Issac. I loved the golden sun games, and other then Geno he has been one of the most fan requested characters for years. If any assist trophy is getting an upgrade i think he deserves it.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Lloyd is really popular over there in Japan.
Correct me if I’m mistaken, but I sincerely doubt Lloyd’s chances of getting in is due to Japanese popularity. If anything, the reason Lloyd has a chance of getting into Smash at all is because of the Western Nintendo fanbase.

ToS is fairly liked in Japan, yeah, but they don’t really care for it the same way Western Nintendo fans do. It’s not the FF7 of the series where it’s just globally popular all-around, nor is it the hallmark title that every Tales of title looks back on like DQ3. If you ask most Tales of fans in Japan, they would like to see Cress or Yuri in as playable characters... not so much Lloyd. Lloyd is mostly only brought up because “foreigners are interested in him for some reason”. In fact, the true most popular character in the series is, and for a long time has been, is Yuri Lowell, from Tales of Vesperia, who is so popular he had to be banned from official popularity contests because he kept winning them so much. If any Tales of character is getting in Smash due to them being the “Cloud” of the series, it would be Yuri. Lloyd’s more like Eight from DQ8, if anything.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Holy ****! 2 more Season Passes incoming?!
There's no guarantee that all of those slots will be filled by the end of Ultimate's lifespan.

I'm guessing that they have 11 slots mostly as a safety net just in case they want to develop more DLC after Wave 2.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I just wanted to say I'm really happy we finally reached 100 supporters! Thank you all so much. I still remember when this thread was super tiny years ago like brawl days and only had like 5 supporters. It's crazy to think about right now but I never thought I would get 100. 100 may not seem like much but i'm celebrating anyway because I never even thought we would get to this point. But wow 100 feels special just because it is Monolith's 20th anniversary this year and KOS-MOS gets her latest figure next year in May to finally release. Let's all pray that the cat leak/text leaks about KOS-MOS are real so she can reactivate.

Fw3ez4N - Imgur.gif

zVK016F - Imgur.gif

And I hope they reference her reawakening in smash like they did with Xenoblade 2 again.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
You're right. I was just breathing the moment.

1. Tales series is the 3rd biggest JRPG franchise in Japan.

2. Lloyd is really popular over there in Japan.

3. Mii costume from Smash 4 missing and isn't represented anywhere in the game while every other Smash 4 Mii costume got represented/upgraded in the game as a playable character, Assist Trophy, stage background character, Spirit, or boss. Lloyd or any Tales representation isn't anywhere to be seen in the game.

But yeah, I would prefer KOS-MOS or a Soul Calibur rep like Nightmare or Yoshimitsu. But regarding all that I said, I think Lloyd is the most likely.
Think you're forgetting no Smash 4 Mii Costume has been promoted to fighter status for DLC. That was a main/base game only sort of deal. Though I'm pretty sure some Mii Costumes are still missing though.

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
Long time lurker here, can I be added to the support list? Big fan of Xeno in general and KOS-MOS is pretty much the face of the series.

Top Bottom