• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It is more about not spending extra money on anything other than the game. I am frugal and patient like that. Especially if the one for Switch gets extra content like what Xenoblade DE got.
Xenoblade DE brought back the cut content of the Bionis Shoulder in its playable epilogue. Xenoblade X has Neilnail Albus/Furvus, a time attack boss not seen in the main story, and cut Celica and Lao post battle banter. Lao permanently leaves your party in the latter half of the game before Celica joins in the vanilla version. Maybe they’ll enable Celica to join before Lao leaves, and that may put the Neilnail bosses in play too

I also really want like a sixth continent and more tyrants. A true Yggralith too, Pharsis will never count to me

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If KOS-MOS makes it to Smash, it could revive interest in a remastered Xenosaga trilogy, so I have a hard time believing there wouldn't at least be some interest
Maybe that’s what the Xenosaga HD Trilogy needs anyway

KOS-MOS in Smash doesn’t need Xenosaga HD Trilogy. Xenosaga HD Trilogy needs KOS-MOS in Smash.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Maybe that’s what the Xenosaga HD Trilogy needs anyway

KOS-MOS in Smash doesn’t need Xenosaga HD Trilogy. Xenosaga HD Trilogy needs KOS-MOS in Smash.
At this point, the only question to raise is if Bandai Namco was approached to use one of their characters for the 2nd fighter pass, which character they would want to push the most. I imagine they would need to be consulted on this

Luty

Smash Cadet
So i'm sure everyone remembers this

I never took it seriously but if we did we could see that all of those characters are probably not happening. I get the feeling Nintendo has characters up as leakbait as well and I get the feeling that Hayabusa might be one of them... maybe even Crash. I dont want to say this hurts that 5ch post because it doesn't since only the next character would truly kill it but it's something to keep in mind maybe? If true, I really just hope that KOS-MOS wasn't the leakbait, lol.
What is important to note: He did say this months before Sakurai said all of the fighters have been decided. Harada is a funny guy and I love his antics, but I would not put anything past him.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What is important to note: He did say this months before Sakurai said all of the fighters have been decided. Harada is a funny guy and I love his antics, but I would not put anything past him.
I thought “all fighters have been decided” was in 2018?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That was for the first Fighter Pass only.
Oh dear.. and Crash is one of them...

on the one hand maybe Crash was locked in before that tomfoolery. On the other hand... if Crash was blocked, the leak with Reimu would only be 2/3 right (3/4 if you count Sephiroth).

feel like sadly Arle and Jonesy are for sure blocked if this is the case though... Arle would have been neat

not “sadly” for Jonesy IMO, but you get the drift

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Oh dear.. and Crash is one of them...

on the one hand maybe Crash was locked in before that tomfoolery. On the other hand... if Crash was blocked, the leak with Reimu would only be 2/3 right (3/4 if you count Sephiroth).

feel like sadly Arle and Jonesy are for sure blocked if this is the case though... Arle would have been neat

not “sadly” for Jonesy IMO, but you get the drift
The First Fighter pass was decided in 2018, the second one was only in neogtiations in 2019, and wasn't finalized until January of this year. Crash is still a viable candidate as is KOS-MOS.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just damn tho

I think about that incident everyday, how a dumbass decided to barge into a meme thread among 4Smash Twitter accounts and ruin their fun

and if it ended in their most wanted being blacklisted... hoo boy 😬

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Honestly, I dont even know if Harada was serious. I'm just speculating but this would be right before Fighter pass 2 was finalized. And we know Jonesy, doomguy, crash, and master chief appeared in tons of fake leaks. But yeah it's just something I would keep in mind just in case it turns out it is real and we dont get crash. And Crash right now has.... a spanish twitter leak that was never disproven but other than that he has nothing.... so I wont be truly shocked if he doesnt make it. Nobody has backed up that Spanish source and it literally came out of nowhere which is why I get the feeling it is bunk. Crash can still happen but like I said if Harada really denied all those characters then I can see a few characters used as bait.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, I dont even know if Harada was serious. I'm just speculating but this would be right before Fighter pass 2 was finalized. And we know Jonesy, doomguy, crash, and master chief appeared in tons of fake leaks. But yeah it's just something I would keep in mind just in case it turns out it is real and we dont get crash. And Crash right now has.... a spanish twitter leak that was never disproven but other than that he has nothing.... so I wont be truly shocked if he doesnt make it. Nobody has backed up that Spanish source and it literally came out of nowhere which is why I get the feeling it is bunk. Crash can still happen but like I said if Harada really denied all those characters then I can see a few characters used as bait.
Spanish Twitter leak... I don’t think I’ve seen that one. Got a link?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Spanish Twitter leak... I don’t think I’ve seen that one. Got a link?

This one claims it

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

This one claims it
Running it thru Google translate gives this
"CRASH BANDICOOT WOULD BE COMING TO SMASH IN 2021" This comes from a document that was leaked by Activision in which he details a plan for the marsupial, in this we can find that they have planned that Crash arrives at Smash the following year 1/3
In an issue of Licensing Source Book Europe, which as it sounds, is a European publication focused on business and industry, during the spring of 2018, Max Arguile, Licensing Manager at GB Eye, basically a toy company, stated that there was a 5 year plan 2/3
A 5-year plan? Yeah, Activision has a 5-year plan with Crash, as claimed by him, he had previously mentioned about the Switch and PC versions of the N Sane Trilogy plus a new 2019 game, which ended up happening 3/3
so yeah I think Crash is safe. Steve was planned for 5+ years and Sephiroth was in talks since what 2017?
Probably still RIP Arle tho

7NATOR

Smash Master

This one claims it
This is just the 5 Year Plan rumor, but in Spanish.

The 5 Year Plan thing was a real thing, but the actual contents of it have never had evidence of it being leaked, or at least, we've never seen the evidence that was supposedly leaked

It was stated that it was real by some Crash Leakers on a discord, but I've never seen these Crash leakers, the document, nothing. The only thing I will say is that before this "Crash in Smash" Part of the document was in the public eye, Fatmanonice (yes I Know), might have alluded to it being a reason he was confident in Smash months before the document went public. at the least this Crash in Smash thing has been a thing before it became public

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh wait forgot to translate the last part
Final context: The aforementioned document was leaked and some industry experts have come out to say that it is real, with this in mind, yes, there is a good chance that Crash is part of Fighter Pass 2, but this does NOT confirm it
So it could go either way I guess

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
This is just the 5 Year Plan rumor, but in Spanish.

The 5 Year Plan thing was a real thing, but the actual contents of it have never had evidence of it being leaked, or at least, we've never seen the evidence that was supposedly leaked

It was stated that it was real by some Crash Leakers on a discord, but I've never seen these Crash leakers, the document, nothing. The only thing I will say is that before this "Crash in Smash" Part of the document was in the public eye, Fatmanonice (yes I Know), might have alluded to it being a reason he was confident in Smash months before the document went public. at the least this Crash in Smash thing has been a thing before it became public
As far as I know this is the only account that has ever reported on it. And the only thing that makes it credible if real is Nsane trilogy and Crash 4 in those plans. But look at the date... October. It's probably BS simply because it was reported on months after crash 4 was already known. Without the time the 5 year plan was actually leaked we cannot ever verify if this is real.

Last edited:

Luty

Smash Cadet
I suppose the best part is that people that are sick of "anime swordsmen" will likely not think the same way about KOS-MOS since she's more gun based. Not like Joker's gun for just a move or two, but a full on artillery moveset.
I mean, R-Blade and V-Slayer are part of her kit. Dragon Tooth, too, if you want to call that a sword. But, neither of these are good excuses for calling her a "sword character." She is a walking arsenal warehouse and has too many weapons and gadgetry to even put into moves.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I suppose the best part is that people that are sick of "anime swordsmen" will likely not think the same way about KOS-MOS since she's more gun based. Not like Joker's gun for just a move or two, but a full on artillery moveset.
I don't get that. The "Too many swordmen" thing I get, but the "Too many anime swordmen" or "Too many JRPG anime characters" is ridiculous to say since Smash is a Japanese game and Nintendo is a Japanese company. Seeing a lot of anime looking characters in a Japanese game is very normal and isn't pushing it. Sometimes, I think some people forget Nintendo is a Japanese company and pretends it's a western one.

Luty

Smash Cadet
I don't get that. The "Too many swordmen" thing I get, but the "Too many anime swordmen" or "Too many JRPG anime characters" is ridiculous to say since Smash is a Japanese game and Nintendo is a Japanese company. Seeing a lot of anime looking characters in a Japanese game is very normal and isn't pushing it. Sometimes, I think some people forget Nintendo is a Japanese company and pretends it's a western one.
True, a lot of comments I have read disrespecting KOS-MOS mention that she is a "weeb" pick. Honestly, Mario was made by the Japanese. Every Mario related character could be called a "weeb" pick. Japanese game developers tend to think about Japanese players first.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
True, a lot of comments I have read disrespecting KOS-MOS mention that she is a "weeb" pick. Honestly, Mario was made by the Japanese. Every Mario related character could be called a "weeb" pick. Japanese game developers tend to think about Japanese players first.
Hell, I think a lot of the Zelda characters look anime looking even characters from the older games like from the N64. But no one makes that excuse for Zelda since it's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and it's heavily based off of the medieval west despite all the characters looking like anime characters.

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
MIN MIN has been the only female DLC character if we don't Kazooie and female Byleth so I think KOS-MOS would be a welcomed addition.

ArceusMaster

Smash Rookie
Have we discussed swimming, sleeping, curry, shield break, or taunt animations yet?
Swimming she'd have some kind of gentle thruster, sleeping she'd just stiffen up and stand there, curry would have no affect on her animations and taunt would be some kind of charging stance or maybe an r blade/canon swipe/pose (although I'd die if her taunt was that line from episode 1, "My physical appearance is down 4 percent. Shion, I need to be cleaned!"

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS does have a sword sort of. R Blade is one of her most iconic attacks and it even made it into Xenoblade 2. Personally, I'd really love to see Dragon tooth implemented but that was only in Xenosaga II and Project X Zone/Mugen no frontier super robot taisen. It's a laser sword and it's really damn badass.

I could see it being used as a spike or something.

MattX20

Smash Hero
KOS-MOS does have a sword sort of. R Blade is one of her most iconic attacks and it even made it into Xenoblade 2. Personally, I'd really love to see Dragon tooth implemented but that was only in Xenosaga II and Project X Zone/Mugen no frontier super robot taisen. It's a laser sword and it's really damn badass.

I could see it being used as a spike or something.
Even then, most of her attacks/abilities focus more on guns/artillery than blades. R Blade would probably be used for up close side specials while zoning would be her bread and butter.

Top Bottom