• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I am actually super hyped for Sephiroth. FF VII is one of my favourite childhood games and I loved remake. I would have so much more preferred Tifa but it doesn't matter because Sephiroth is a awesome memorable villain that deserves to be in smash. This probably means Geno is 100% dead this coming presentation as well. His trailer was so amazing. I died laughing at the Sephiroth killing Zelda bit in the trailer since that's a reference to Aerith's death.

KOS-MOS still lives and maybe they'll add her.... if we get a Xeno mascot it can only be her!

Last edited:

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap. I don't think anyone was expecting Sepiroth as the next DLC character but man am I happy I was proven wrong. This was EASILY one of the best reveals we've had in a long time and I'm happy we finally got an Iconic villan as DLC. With that being said, I guess It's time to take everything I know about how future speculation has been affected by Sepiroth. Sora and Geno have been essentially disconfirmed now that we have another square rep who is neither and because of that, I'm fully anticipating Geno's returning costume along with the chocobo hat. Looking back retrospectively, the missing chocobo hat MUST return for Sephiroth's challenger pack because they knew they were putting another Final Fantasy character for the fighters pass 2. This also likely applies to Geno's costume because of another Square Enix character. who knows? maybe if Sakurai is generous enough he can upgrade Geno's costume into one of those Deluxe costumes (DXC for short.) and slap on those two Mario RPG tracks that were taken down earlier this year. I see that as a perfect compromise for Geno missing out again. ALSO we just got news that the remaining fighter pass 1 Amiibo are launching on March 31st. This is huge for us pinning down when we might see challenger pack 9. Amiibo theory has yet to fail us and it perfectly lines up with past DLC character's reveals and releases.

I can't wait for Sepiroth's character presentation video. At this rate I just want to see the damn Geno costume return and I swear if he doesn't I am going to have the biggest aneurysm. Jokes aside, I'm just going to have to accept he is being saved as a Bonus character at the end of the pass.

Last edited:

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
I am actually super hyped for Sephiroth. FF VII is one of my favourite childhood games and I loved remake. I would have so much more preferred Tifa but it doesn't matter because Sephiroth is a awesome memorable villain that deserves to be in smash. This probably means Geno is 100% dead this coming presentation as well. His trailer was so amazing. I died laughing at the Sephiroth killing Zelda bit in the trailer since that's a reference to Aerith's death.

KOS-MOS still lives and maybe they'll add her.... if we get a Xeno mascot it can only be her!
we still don't know dinah, and remember god damn Jonesy is still in high play thanks to steve, i am even here rooting for Dante god i hope sakurai change his mind about a fighters pass 3 that will resolve all of this issue.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I'm really not sure if I should be posting this here but just in case

Keep in mind this is almost guaranteed to be a fake lucky guess, though if nothing else it shows that Japan still cares enough to include her in these things

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I'm really not sure if I should be posting this here but just in case

Keep in mind this is almost guaranteed to be a fake lucky guess, though if nothing else it shows that Japan still cares enough to include her in these things
Yeah, I'd say that's more than likely a lucky guess. With so many people making "predictions", "leaks", and what-have-you, one is bound to get a bit right. As you mention though, nice to see KOS-MOS there.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Okay so I wanted to comment on the new leak but I also want to remind everyone to be cautious about any leak. However, I will be following this one because I truly do not believe Sephiroth is a lucky guess and there's absolutely no way anyone would just leak Sephiroth if they didn't have inside info. Sakurai already said he had trouble keeping Cloud in ultimate so a 2nd FFVII rep is incredibly mysterious. If this is real then it does mean that the leaks from last year were mixed and there was a sort of "swap pass" that happened. If Cloud was almost cut then it means there was a deal to keep FF content in smash in the very first fighter pass to keep FF content going and that's why we got Sephiroth. I really REALLY do not want to believe in this leak 100% though but I will mention that we know Steve was negotiated over 5 years for smash and many fake leaks for steve surfaced in fighter pass #1, many leaks happened for KOS-MOS and even Reimu, and even Hayabusa. So the remaining 3 if one of them would really explain the fiasco we had last year with KOS-MOS mod taken down and game awards blah blah blah leaks. Or maybe it's different and Min Min was added first because they wanted to start off with a Nintendo character. After that we have Steve for the west, and Sephiroth for another Japanese and western heavy hitter. This leak then says Crash is next. Crash has been rumoured in leaks awhile but they were fake but he is by far the most likely next Western pick that could happen.

If Crash happens next then we should keep our eye on this leak for sure. So if you see where i'm going with this.... Min min for Nintendo fans, Steve for western fans, Sephiroth for both, and Reimu and KOS-MOS for Japan where they are arguably the most known. I remember reading Japanese thoughts on the KOS-MOS game awards leaks and most thought she was a good pick and there were very positive things said about her so IMO it makes sense. Reimu is HUGE in Japan and I cannot overstate that as someone who was not familiar with her until people convinced me why she could have a smash appearance. Hell, I think even ZUN had interviews with Sakurai? The doujin music circle leak for Reimu was never even fully debunked from what I remember. What we have been seeing can fully be explained by this leak if it is real.

But is it real? Time will tell. Even if Crash is next I suggest we all calm down and take it slow. But just to further show my point about characters possibly being swapped... there is a user on reddit that completely leaked Sephiroth's trailer correctly(although maybe some info is different it's still the same idea) and they even know his attacks and that he has a one winged form which we all saw in the trailer yesterday. If this reddit post is real and we see stuff happen from it in the Sakurai presentation... I will actually start believing in this new 5ch leak because it means Seph was planned as far back as fighter pass #1. Maybe swapped or in the same pass as hero. I dont know but it's worth talking about. https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosU...sh_leak_square_enix_brings_us_a_true_villain/

That was a YEAR AGO. This 5ch post was in October right after the Steve presentation. I'm not saying they are the same person at all... i'm saying the connection works.

TLDR: The characters in this leak have all been in various fake leaks over fighter pass 1 time passing and have suddenly reappeared in fighter pass 2 and some are actual characters like Steve and Sephiroth. If Crash becomes a character then this leak will get more credible but for now i'm staying cautious. We do not want a repeat of TGA last year but if KOS-MOS is in I think it makes sense even.... and this is from 5CH pretty much the Japanese 4chan... if they knew about Sephiroth ahead of time and that other reddit user did... we could have a case here.

Last edited:

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I wanted to comment on the new leak but I also want to remind everyone to be cautious about any leak. However, I will be following this one because I truly do not believe Sephiroth is a lucky guess and there's absolutely no way anyone would just leak Sephiroth if they didn't have inside info. Sakurai already said he had trouble keeping Cloud in ultimate so a 2nd FFVII rep is incredibly mysterious. If this is real then it does mean that the leaks from last year were mixed and there was a sort of "swap pass" that happened. If Cloud was almost cut then it means there was a deal to keep FF content in smash in the very first fighter pass to keep FF content going and that's why we got Sephiroth. I really REALLY do not want to believe in this leak 100% though but I will mention that we know Steve was negotiated over 5 years for smash and many fake leaks for steve surfaced in fighter pass #1, many leaks happened for KOS-MOS and even Reimu, and even Hayabusa. So the remaining 3 if one of them would really explain the fiasco we had last year with KOS-MOS mod taken down and game awards blah blah blah leaks. Or maybe it's different and Min Min was added first because they wanted to start off with a Nintendo character. After that we have Steve for the west, and Sephiroth for another Japanese and western heavy hitter. This leak then says Crash is next. Crash has been rumoured in leaks awhile but they were fake but he is by far the most likely next Western pick that could happen.

If Crash happens next then we should keep our eye on this leak for sure. So if you see where i'm going with this.... Min min for Nintendo fans, Steve for western fans, Sephiroth for both, and Reimu and KOS-MOS for Japan where they are arguably the most known. I remember reading Japanese thoughts on the KOS-MOS game awards leaks and most thought she was a good pick and there were very positive things said about her so IMO it makes sense. Reimu is HUGE in Japan and I cannot overstate that as someone who was not familiar with her until people convinced me why she could have a smash appearance. Hell, I think even ZUN had interviews with Sakurai? The doujin music circle leak for Reimu was never even fully debunked from what I remember. What we have been seeing can fully be explained by this leak if it is real.

But is it real? Time will tell. Even if Crash is next I suggest we all calm down and take it slow. But just to further show my point about characters possibly being swapped... there is a user on reddit that completely leaked Sephiroth's trailer correctly(although maybe some info is different it's still the same idea) and they even know his attacks and that he has a one winged form which we all saw in the trailer yesterday. If this reddit post is real and we see stuff happen from it in the Sakurai presentation... I will actually start believing in this new 5ch leak because it means Seph was planned as far back as fighter pass #1. Maybe swapped or in the same pass as hero. I dont know but it's worth talking about. https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosU...sh_leak_square_enix_brings_us_a_true_villain/

That was a YEAR AGO. This 5ch post was in October right after the Steve presentation. I'm not saying they are the same person at all... i'm saying the connection works.

TLDR: The characters in this leak have all been in various fake leaks over fighter pass 1 time passing and have suddenly reappeared in fighter pass 2 and some are actual characters like Steve and Sephiroth. If Crash becomes a character then this leak will get more credible but for now i'm staying cautious. We do not want a repeat of TGA last year but if KOS-MOS is in I think it makes sense even.... and this is from 5CH pretty much the Japanese 4chan... if they knew about Sephiroth ahead of time and that other reddit user did... we could have a case here.
Who knows but i hope Dante and Kos-Mos be one of the final 3.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I do believe he said in a column that working from home during the pandemic has allowed him to rest more

also have you guys seen this rumor yet
View attachment 295255
I saw this on a Blocked Content video. I don't usually watch Blocked Content, but Youtube will recommend his videos to me sometimes and if the leak is something juicy, I'll take a peek at his video.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I saw this on a Blocked Content video. I don't usually watch Blocked Content, but Youtube will recommend his video to me sometimes and if the leak is something juicy I'll take a peek at his video.
It got Sephiroth right at least so it might be on to something

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I saw this on a Blocked Content video. I don't usually watch Blocked Content, but Youtube will recommend his videos to me sometimes and if the leak is something juicy, I'll take a peek at his video.
I used to watch his stuff more frequently, but I unsubbed when he went all in on "leak" videos. Clickbait gonna clickbait. Regarding this leak in particular, the date alone makes it interesting. If Crash is indeed the next newcomer then it's definitely one to keep an eye on.

zferolie

Smash Hero
This leak is interesting. the date. and guessing sephiroth makes this impossible to outright dismiss. Sephiroth is not a easy guess at all, given the past.

Crash makes a lot of sense, as does Reimu. KOS-MOS while not currently relevent I feel could be a Sakurai personal want. Persona was that way too I think, given how big of a persona/SMT fanboy he is. Same can be said for him and the Xeno series

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think Kos-Mos makes sense. Her competition is out, and unless Lloyd survives idk who else they’d add from Bamco. She’s one of the more prominent Bamco characters. If there’s a second Bamco character I think she stands a good chance.
I kinda hope she wouldn’t rule out Elma though if we get a third pass

I personally count Xenosaga as separate from Xenoblade anyway

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
What makes it really interesting is the fact it was someone replying to a thread asking about Sony reps. And he said they aren't really Sony reps but Sephiroth and Crash are coming.... it's worth keeping an eye on for now. It's also funny Reimu and KOS-MOS and up together again... but the guy gave a reason that it is a aggressive lineup that is trying to please the crowd.I dunno about you guys but Min min pleases Nintendo fans, Steve and Crash for the huge Western audience and Sephiroth both. Like KOS-MOS isn't exactly the biggest in Japan but she would have no problem selling at all while Reimu is damn huge in Japan..... I always thought KOS-MOS's market was more the crossovers and figurines over her actual game. So yeah in retrospect it makes sense to add these two, imo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What makes it really interesting is the fact it was someone replying to a thread asking about Sony reps. And he said they aren't really Sony reps but Sephiroth and Crash are coming.... it's worth keeping an eye on for now. It's also funny Reimu and KOS-MOS and up together again... but the guy gave a reason that it is a aggressive lineup that is trying to please the crowd.I dunno about you guys but Min min pleases Nintendo fans, Steve and Crash for the huge Western audience and Sephiroth both. Like KOS-MOS isn't exactly the biggest in Japan but she would have no problem selling at all while Reimu is damn huge in Japan..... I always thought KOS-MOS's market was more the crossovers and figurines over her actual game. So yeah in retrospect it makes sense to add these two, imo.
We probably won’t get a true Sony rep in the sense of the phrase, but Sephiroth and Crash (and also Cloud, Joker and to an extent Snake) are more synonymous with Sony than most other third party peeps in Smash

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Reimu interests me the most about that leak. Touhou has a huge online presence and has a couple spin-offs on the Switch. Plus, a bullet hell rep would be very interesting to see in Smash

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Depending on next weeks mii costume wave, and the next character reveal - we may actually have a case again.
So let’s be cautious.. the leak is 25% correct to as of far.
Yeah if Lloyd's Mii doesn't show up it could complicate things. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the costumes coming with Sephiroth are Square Enix-related characters. Assuming it does return, I think that basically puts KOS-MOS as the Namco frontrunner.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Is it fair to say that Kos-Mos is the crossover queen? It would be so fitting if she crossed over to this.
Yes, it is fair to say. She has too many crossovers to count, the market with figurines and not to mention the new figurine was sold out instantly when it came out. I know there are some used ones available now and such but it was a very hot item. Also she has advantage like many characters in speculation in that she knows some of the smash cast from P X Z games. I feel they can easily make a trailer for her with megaman and samus or something very easily.

Top Bottom