KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
With Heihachi and Gil Mii Costumes back, KOS-MOS' only real competition at this point is Lloyd
And that's assuming we're getting a Namco rep at all. Their playable representation has been abysmal so far. That isn't to say that Pac-Man isn't doing a swell job being Pac-Man, but it's lonesome with just one Namco character while Square-Enix gets 2 (technically 5), Microsoft gets 2 (also 5; 6 if you count Kazooie), Sega gets 3, Capcom gets 3, and even Konami gets 3.

SNK is new to it all so having one rep is understandable, but Namco is the only third-party company from the beginning to just have one single fighter, and used for a joke about how Namco forgot they had a fighter at all. Hearing that joke over and over just makes me think there's no Namco rep to expect and no intentions of adding another one either, which is a serious shame if that ends up being the eventual fate of Ultimate's final DLC line-up.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Hero
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With Heihachi and Gil Mii Costumes back, KOS-MOS' only real competition at this point is Lloyd
Somewhat true. If Lloyd's Mii costume comes back, and we still don't see any sign of KOS-MOS she still would be competing with Soul Calibur. I wouldn't pour the champagne until Lloyd and Soul Calibur are out of the picture.

Last edited:

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Somewhat true. If Lloyd's Mii costume comes back, and we still don't see any sign of KOS-MOS she still would be competing with Soul Calibur. I wouldn't pour the champagne until Lloyd and Soul Calibur are out of the picture.
I'm assuming that the thinking is that a costume wouldn't appear separate from a full rep from a series if the series was getting a Rep?

TDDolphin

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I started a profile about a year ago and finally decided to come back after speculation leading up to Challenger 5 started getting... negative 😒 But, I'm back now 😄

I was thinking. If KOS-MOS doesn't wind up coming, how would everyone here feel if she wound up being one of Rex's blades? By that I mean, if Rex winds up being the Monolith Soft character, maybe he can come with three blades: Pyra, Nia and KOS-MOS, each of which offer Rex different arts for his attacks, while Mythra could help Rex with his Final Smash (more than likely Sacred Arrow). Again, if KOS-MOS doesn't wind up playable, would this idea maybe be a good consolation prize, since it means KOS-MOS will still be a part of Smash? Cause honestly I think it would.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Hey guys. I started a profile about a year ago and finally decided to come back after speculation leading up to Challenger 5 started getting... negative 😒 But, I'm back now 😄

I was thinking. If KOS-MOS doesn't wind up coming, how would everyone here feel if she wound up being one of Rex's blades? By that I mean, if Rex winds up being the Monolith Soft character, maybe he can come with three blades: Pyra, Nia and KOS-MOS, each of which offer Rex different arts for his attacks, while Mythra could help Rex with his Final Smash (more than likely Sacred Arrow). Again, if KOS-MOS doesn't wind up playable, would this idea maybe be a good consolation prize, since it means KOS-MOS will still be a part of Smash? Cause honestly I think it would.
If we're getting KOS-MOS I'd rather she be a solo character that is mostly representing Saga with Blade being little with just Re as a costume.

If we're getting Rex I'd rather him be fitted with all his actual canon blades, so I'd legit rather take Roc over KOS-MOS in that situation.

For me, it's a Saga-focused solo KOS-MOS or not at all TBH. I think most of the people here are kinda around the same thinking.

TDDolphin

Smash Cadet
If we're getting KOS-MOS I'd rather she be a solo character that is mostly representing Saga with Blade being little with just Re as a costume.

If we're getting Rex I'd rather him be fitted with all his actual canon blades, so I'd legit rather take Roc over KOS-MOS in that situation.

For me, it's a Saga-focused solo KOS-MOS or not at all TBH. I think most of the people here are kinda around the same thinking.
Ah. Gotcha. 👍

Top Bottom