• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yes, it is fair to say. She has too many crossovers to count, the market with figurines and not to mention the new figurine was sold out instantly when it came out. I know there are some used ones available now and such but it was a very hot item. Also she has advantage like many characters in speculation in that she knows some of the smash cast from P X Z games. I feel they can easily make a trailer for her with megaman and samus or something very easily.
Not to knock your other points but the XC2 KOS-MOS figure is still available on AmiAmi. I would know because I'm looking to buy one lol.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Is it fair to say that Kos-Mos is the crossover queen? It would be so fitting if she crossed over to this.
Yes she is, but most of Smashboards would have you believe that she's "irrelevant anime trash" who has zero chance. It's beyond pathetic how much she's demonized on this site.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Is it fair to say that Kos-Mos is the crossover queen? It would be so fitting if she crossed over to this.
She is the NAMCO’s crossover queen, but not the greatest crossover character namco has. I think Ryuji & Xiamou are. But I’ll let you this, if KOS-MOS makes it into Smash - I believe she will be NAMCO’s crossover character overall. Smash is arguably the ultimate crossover game.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
I’d say Nightmare, but they wouldn’t add the villain before the hero. Sephiroth was added after Cloud so he upholds that. Maybe Sophitia? Cassandra?

not Ivy that’s for sure lmao
I'd say Nightmare and Sephiroth are different beasts. Sephiroth is highly iconic, but I wouldn't say he's more iconic than Cloud. For Soulcalibur specifically, Nightmare is the single most Iconic character of the franchise, to the point that he's the team's logo. I can see Nightmare getting in first.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’d say Nightmare, but they wouldn’t add the villain before the hero. Sephiroth was added after Cloud so he upholds that. Maybe Sophitia? Cassandra?

not Ivy that’s for sure lmao
Except that Nightmare is the mascot/face of Soulcalibur though. Big difference.

Especially given this.

If anyone from Soulcalibur is getting in first it's him. Same reason with Scorpion.

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Yes she is, but most of Smashboards would have you believe that she's "irrelevant anime trash" who has zero chance. It's beyond pathetic how much she's demonized on this site.
I think these excuses were never valid, even some of the inclusions in Ultimate prove it. They don’t really apply to her anyway. At least if she were to make it she’d be the least generic anime character in Smash.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hmm, as much I want KOS-MOS, after the previous ""leak"" around the Game Award from 2019, can't help but raise a eyebrow for the time being. Not to say the leak we have now is totally fake, but better be careful than being blinded by hopes & dreams.

Also, if you want more supporter for the character, don't support KOS-MOS to shut the haters. I know it's very tempting at time, but she ain't in a position right now where it would help much, better act chill when peoples are open for discussion & avoid the peoples who who will throw baby arguments at you because they can't even do a single research on Google to know what she could actually bring up to the table. (that, and it's still so weird Namco as only 1 rep so far, I know they don't want to abuse their very good relation with Nintendo, but I think now they deserve one more character at the very least)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm, as much I want KOS-MOS, after the previous ""leak"" around the Game Award from 2019, can't help but raise a eyebrow for the time being. Not to say the leak we have now is totally fake, but better be careful than being blinded by hopes & dreams.

Also, if you want more supporter for the character, don't support KOS-MOS to shut the haters. I know it's very tempting at time, but she ain't in a position right now where it would help much, better act chill when peoples are open for discussion & avoid the peoples who who will throw baby arguments at you because they can't even do a single research on Google to know what she could actually bring up to the table. (that, and it's still so weird Namco as only 1 rep so far, I know they don't want to abuse their very good relation with Nintendo, but I think now they deserve one more character at the very least)
I’ve been a fan of KOS-MOS since I played the first Xenosaga for the PS2, so I’m supporting legitimately. Plus she was in some Smash fan game I think

and I just stan badass female androids/cyborgs in general (cyborgs including Fiora, her partner in PXZ2)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’ve been a fan of KOS-MOS since I played the first Xenosaga for the PS2, so I’m supporting legitimately. Plus she was in some Smash fan game I think

and I just stan badass female androids/cyborgs in general (cyborgs including Fiora, her partner in PXZ2)
Oh don't worry, I know you love to see her. So long Elma isn't on the table

Just throwin' some advices for some folks here I don't know them very much, but still want to help 'cuz hey, we all want her to be DLC, and the Xeno series could need another rep for everything Monolith did for the industry since Xenogear.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh don't worry, I know you love to see her. So long Elma isn't on the table

Just throwin' some advices for some folks here I don't know them very much, but still want to help 'cuz hey, we all want her to be DLC, and the Xeno series could need another rep for everything Monolith did for the industry since Xenogear.
I kinda hope for both Kossy and Elma but if I gotta take only one or the other so be it I guess

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
This 5Chan leak is definitely something to be mindful of in the future. it'll be nice to humor for the time being since there haven't been many leaks that correctly predicted something while also claiming KOS-MOS for smash in a long time. I don't believe Sephiroth was an easy guess due to so many speculators either thinking Sora or Geno would be the next character from Square and this was a year ago. If anything, this 5chan leak is solid evidence that some of our DLC characters were indeed "swapped" between both fighter passes like so many people believed Min Min and Byleth were. but again, nothing is real until the 17th.

Next, I want to talk about the Reddit leak and just like the 5chan leak, it got some things right. However it also contains some dubious information that hasn't been proven true/false yet. Particularly the bit where the leaker details how much damage some of Sephiroth's attacks will deal, because As far as I know,
no leak has ever guessed the actual properties/gimmicks/mechanics of the character they are claiming. On top of that, It also got some small details wrong regarding the trailer itself when it claimed "Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Wolf, and Ridley are fighting WOL spirits on the Pit Icarus stage (LOL.). only some of the villains were seen during the opening. neither Wolf, Ganon or Ridley were in the trailer. But again, this leak did get some details right.

If anything, I think the reddit leak was more so a lucky guess compared to the 5chan leak.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This 5Chan leak is definitely something to be mindful of in the future. it'll be nice to humor for the time being since there haven't been many leaks that correctly predicted something while also claiming KOS-MOS for smash in a long time. I don't believe Sephiroth was an easy guess due to so many speculators either thinking Sora or Geno would be the next character from Square and this was a year ago. If anything, this 5chan leak is solid evidence that some of our DLC characters were indeed "swapped" between both fighter passes like so many people believed Min Min and Byleth were. but again, nothing is real until the 17th.

Next, I want to talk about the Reddit leak and just like the 5chan leak, it got some things right. However it also contains some dubious information that hasn't been proven true/false yet. Particularly the bit where the leaker details how much damage some of Sephiroth's attacks will deal, because As far as I know,
no leak has ever guessed the actual properties/gimmicks/mechanics of the character they are claiming. On top of that, It also got some small details wrong regarding the trailer itself when it claimed "Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Wolf, and Ridley are fighting WOL spirits on the Pit Icarus stage (LOL.). only some of the villains were seen during the opening. neither Wolf, Ganon or Ridley were in the trailer. But again, this leak did get some details right.

If anything, I think the reddit leak was more so a lucky guess compared to the 5chan leak.
which reddit leak you talking about?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

Yeah, but like the trailer detail with Galeem and everything seemed too good to be a guess.... so it feels like a rough draft trailer. It's probably BS though but we will have to see come the presentation. I wouldn't have even listed it if it weren't for the trailer being similar.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but like the trailer detail with Galeem and everything seemed too good to be a guess.... so it feels like a rough draft trailer. It's probably BS though but we will have to see come the presentation. I wouldn't have even listed it if it weren't for the trailer being similar.
Even if that's the case, The fact that the leak is trying to tell us how much damage his moves will deal screams fake to me. the only way it's real is if that person is an insider/developer and was told/saw how Sephiroth was going to play (Which again, indirectly supports "Swap theory" assuming the smash team were already working on Sephiroth but for one reason or another decided to reserve him and potentially our other remaining characters for the Fighter's Pass 2.) We are going to have to refer back to this one when the presentation starts on Thursday. But like I said, I personally think this "leak" was just Incredibly lucky.

Last edited:

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
which reddit leak you talking about?
Okay so I wanted to comment on the new leak but I also want to remind everyone to be cautious about any leak. However, I will be following this one because I truly do not believe Sephiroth is a lucky guess and there's absolutely no way anyone would just leak Sephiroth if they didn't have inside info. Sakurai already said he had trouble keeping Cloud in ultimate so a 2nd FFVII rep is incredibly mysterious. If this is real then it does mean that the leaks from last year were mixed and there was a sort of "swap pass" that happened. If Cloud was almost cut then it means there was a deal to keep FF content in smash in the very first fighter pass to keep FF content going and that's why we got Sephiroth. I really REALLY do not want to believe in this leak 100% though but I will mention that we know Steve was negotiated over 5 years for smash and many fake leaks for steve surfaced in fighter pass #1, many leaks happened for KOS-MOS and even Reimu, and even Hayabusa. So the remaining 3 if one of them would really explain the fiasco we had last year with KOS-MOS mod taken down and game awards blah blah blah leaks. Or maybe it's different and Min Min was added first because they wanted to start off with a Nintendo character. After that we have Steve for the west, and Sephiroth for another Japanese and western heavy hitter. This leak then says Crash is next. Crash has been rumoured in leaks awhile but they were fake but he is by far the most likely next Western pick that could happen.

If Crash happens next then we should keep our eye on this leak for sure. So if you see where i'm going with this.... Min min for Nintendo fans, Steve for western fans, Sephiroth for both, and Reimu and KOS-MOS for Japan where they are arguably the most known. I remember reading Japanese thoughts on the KOS-MOS game awards leaks and most thought she was a good pick and there were very positive things said about her so IMO it makes sense. Reimu is HUGE in Japan and I cannot overstate that as someone who was not familiar with her until people convinced me why she could have a smash appearance. Hell, I think even ZUN had interviews with Sakurai? The doujin music circle leak for Reimu was never even fully debunked from what I remember. What we have been seeing can fully be explained by this leak if it is real.

But is it real? Time will tell. Even if Crash is next I suggest we all calm down and take it slow. But just to further show my point about characters possibly being swapped... there is a user on reddit that completely leaked Sephiroth's trailer correctly(although maybe some info is different it's still the same idea) and they even know his attacks and that he has a one winged form which we all saw in the trailer yesterday. If this reddit post is real and we see stuff happen from it in the Sakurai presentation... I will actually start believing in this new 5ch leak because it means Seph was planned as far back as fighter pass #1. Maybe swapped or in the same pass as hero. I dont know but it's worth talking about. https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosU...sh_leak_square_enix_brings_us_a_true_villain/

That was a YEAR AGO. This 5ch post was in October right after the Steve presentation. I'm not saying they are the same person at all... i'm saying the connection works.

TLDR: The characters in this leak have all been in various fake leaks over fighter pass 1 time passing and have suddenly reappeared in fighter pass 2 and some are actual characters like Steve and Sephiroth. If Crash becomes a character then this leak will get more credible but for now i'm staying cautious. We do not want a repeat of TGA last year but if KOS-MOS is in I think it makes sense even.... and this is from 5CH pretty much the Japanese 4chan... if they knew about Sephiroth ahead of time and that other reddit user did... we could have a case here.
This post by Dinah from the last page. To clarify, We found two leaks both from last year that guessed Sephiroth. one from 5chan which is predicting Crash, Reimu and KOS-MOS as our final 3, and another leak from Reddit that also called Sephiroth but this one goes in detail about his reveal trailer and moveset.

Last edited:

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
So regarding the 5chan leak, I won't start putting stock on it or giving it attention unless Crash, Reimu, or KOS-MOS is the next fighter.
And on that note, I advise everyone not to go bonkers assuming our next character is either of those 3. Particularly Crash because at this point there is so much evidence going for him and his large presence in these kinds of leaks that it honestly feels like a safe pick at this point. But at the same time, assuming this leak gets something right again, we will definitely have to keep our eyes peeled on anything this leak is claiming for the future.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
And given that Heihachi and Gil costumes returned already we could see a scenario where KOS-MOS is actually a Xeno rep and not get a Namco character at all if this leak has any credibility at all. I see a lot of people saying that Namco wouldn't just bring a Lloyd costume only in their wave which makes it seem likely. She's Xeno's mascot and she essentially gets used for free by Monolith.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
And given that Heihachi and Gil costumes returned already we could see a scenario where KOS-MOS is actually a Xeno rep and not get a Namco character at all if this leak has any credibility at all. I see a lot of people saying that Namco wouldn't just bring a Lloyd costume only in their wave which makes it seem likely. She's Xeno's mascot and she essentially gets used for free by Monolith.
She literally can represent Monolith, Namco or on a much smaller scale, Nintendo at this point lol. And I expect one of these three costumes come Thursday - Geno, Lloyd, Hayabusa.

I am very confused on the Hayabusa situation,most people speak about him being playable but imagine if he turned out to be a mii costume. Surely he has to be in some how? He’s been talked about by virtually every insider .

7NATOR

Smash Master
So KOS-MOS is apart of some of my Theory Crafting

Looking into it Post Sephiroth, I did some Theory Crafting with some ingame stuff. One of the things I had a Theory about was that We'd likely get a Projectile based character. KOS-MOS I believe is Heavily Projectile based. Now with Sephiroth Being in, it's interesting because If not Square Exclusive (which I don't think it will be Square Exclusive), there are some interesting Implications that could be done with the Mii Costumes

The Potential Costumes I find Interesting is Ryu Hayabusa, Dante, and 2B

-Ryu is Interesting because I imagine that if he's not a Costume in this wave, either he's Playable, or there is a Playable character with a Ninja Aesthetic. I Think he has a Good Chance of Appearing in this wave if a Costume because he Uses a Katana, Just like Sephiroth

One of the characters was of Course Scorpion, but the other I was Considering is Wraith from Apex Legends, which is an out there pick for Smash Speculatios, but there are potential stuff like EA Relations and stuff, but I won't get into it here. Anyway Wraith is a Character that comes from a Shooter Game, which obviously is based of Projectiles, however if Ryu is not Costume, It might suggest she could be Option. If Ryu is one Than It might be just neutral or I Might tone her Likelihood down

Wraith also isn't the only Projectile based character I was considering. There's also Reimu from Touhou, however she wouldn't be Impacted by the Mii Costumes on Thursday unless she happened to show up (but she wouldn't make sense showing up Thursday). She's neutral all the way

-Dante is Interesting because Sephiroth has alot of Similarities with his Brother Vergil, in terms of Design, Weapon, and their Rivalries (even if both their rivalries are built on Different Things), along with Motivation Similiarties as well. in any case, I don't expect Dante as Playable character anymore, But I think he's in the Game in some form, which probably means he'd be Mii Costume

The Interesting thing is that Dante and KOS-MOS were in the Same game...Project X Zone 2 (I don't know if Dante was in the 1st game). Because of this, I think Dante would fit well as a Mii Costume for KOS-MOS's Hypothetical pack. If Dante is absent, I think this boosts up KOS-MOS Likelihood

-2B is the Last character here. Both 2B and KOS-MOS are battle-ready Android Women from Futuristic Time Periods. I think 2B being missing from Sephiroth's Mii Pack would be the biggest hint towards KOS-MOS in my honest opinion, especially since 2B is a Square Character as well. if 2B is in Sephiroth's Pack, than it might be neutral towards KOS-MOS at that point

-I would also like to Mention Arc System Works here as well. Despite Arc System Works getting Spirit Events, their Flagship Series(s), Guilty Gear and Blazblue are Still missing. In Particular, Blazblue features the Character Nu-13, Who has Large Relation to Ragna, so that is something to Consider. I Also believe Sol has experience with Robot Woman as well.

There's some Theory Crafting for you guys. I think KOS-MOS has a Very cool Design and I find her Moveset Potential very interesting, despite never playing a Game where she was in it. I think T-LEOS would make a Good alt, and If We did get KOS-MOS, I would like to see an Albedo Spirit so I can remember that Youtube video that mentioned him being very creepy villain. yes

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so y'all familiar with the voice theory?

after steve/alex/etc was mute, they found that there were five voice folders but four remaining characters in the pass, implying an alt with a different voice (opposite or same gender)

sephiroth would have one of those five remaining voice folders now so that leaves four

kos-mos with a differently voiced t-elos alt, perhaps...?

if the crash & reimu rumor is right they probably wouldn't have differently voiced alts. i def cannot see coco as a crash alt and idk about sanae or any other touhou character being a reimu alt

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So do you guys think it could be possible we get KOS-MOS and a Xenoblade rep like Elma or Rex & Pyra? I don't see why not when Namco owns one part of the Xenoverse and Nintendo owns the other. It's basically two different franchises even by ownership so not likely but not impossible. I would love to see both KOS-MOS and Elma in this Pass.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So do you guys think it could be possible we get KOS-MOS and a Xenoblade rep like Elma or Rex & Pyra? I don't see why not when Namco owns one part of the Xenoverse and Nintendo owns the other. It's basically two different franchises even by ownership so not likely but not impossible. I would love to see both KOS-MOS and Elma in this Pass.
I hope to see Elma, even if we gotta get a third pass to do it

I actually kind of expect that, it lines up with the fact there will be four more WoL slots after this here pass ends

zferolie

Smash Hero

after steve/alex/etc was mute, they found that there were five voice folders but four remaining characters in the pass, implying an alt with a different voice (opposite or same gender)

sephiroth would have one of those five remaining voice folders now so that leaves four

if the crash & reimu rumor is right they probably wouldn't have differently voiced alts. i def cannot see coco as a crash alt and idk about sanae or any other touhou character being a reimu alt
Crash with a Coco alt works as well

7NATOR

Smash Master

Voice Theory though is Based of the CSS. Now granted it was actually right last time, but technically Voice theory, In my Honest opinion (and this is coming from me of all People) is Overrated in terms of how important it is in guessing Characters, because it isn't based of any internal data, but just off the CSS. It's why I'm kinda surprised it really catched on with alot of People on Youtube and other sites that report leaks and rumors, but I'm guessing it was because it was right last time

However with that being said, it's still is a Theory that could turn out true (Again). KOS-MOS Came with T-LEOS in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and both got new Designs and had an artwork together. KOS-MOS has also borrowed moves from T-LEOS (and other Xenosaga Characters) in Project X Zone, so I think T-LEOS would work as an alt

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice

I think T-Elos would just be a color alternate if anything, not a new voice so probably not KOS-MOS either

Last edited:

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys so after taking another look at the 5chan leak, there was one bit that caught my eye and it was the very last sentence the leak mentioned.

"Unfortunately, there won't be any promotions from mii costumes."

I've seen this line interpreted in 2 ways. Either...

1.) this leak is claiming no pre-existing costumes will be promoted to Deluxe status

2.) The leak is claiming pre-existing mii costumes like Lloyd and Geno will not be reintroduced as proper DLC characters

going back to the first point, we will find out if this is true or not on Thursday during the mii costume showcase. If the Geno costume returns with nothing changed or added, it could give the leak more credibility. Likewise if the Geno costume returns as a deluxe mii with music tracks, it could hurt the leak.

It's a 50/50 gamble.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey guys so after taking another look at the 5chan leak, there was one bit that caught my eye and it was the very last sentence the leak mentioned.

"Unfortunately, there won't be any promotions from mii costumes."

I've seen this line interpreted in 2 ways. Either

1.) this leak is claiming no pre-existing mii costumes will be promoted to Deluxe status

2.) The leak is claiming pre-existing mii costumes like Lloyd and Geno will not be reintroduced as proper DLC characters
I’m willing to bet it’s #2.

I have a very strong feeling Geno’s costume will return in Sephiroth’s presentation. BUT! Not Lloyd’s. Not yet at least. Im betting his costumes to be all Square Enix save for the Monokuma PreMiium brawler I wanna see as Monokuma belongs to Spike Chunsoft. If Lloyd’s doesn’t return you can bet he’ll be in KOS-MOS’s presentation.

Top Bottom