• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
With Heihachi and Gil Mii Costumes back, KOS-MOS' only real competition at this point is Lloyd
And that's assuming we're getting a Namco rep at all. Their playable representation has been abysmal so far. That isn't to say that Pac-Man isn't doing a swell job being Pac-Man, but it's lonesome with just one Namco character while Square-Enix gets 2 (technically 5), Microsoft gets 2 (also 5; 6 if you count Kazooie), Sega gets 3, Capcom gets 3, and even Konami gets 3.

SNK is new to it all so having one rep is understandable, but Namco is the only third-party company from the beginning to just have one single fighter, and used for a joke about how Namco forgot they had a fighter at all. Hearing that joke over and over just makes me think there's no Namco rep to expect and no intentions of adding another one either, which is a serious shame if that ends up being the eventual fate of Ultimate's final DLC line-up.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With Heihachi and Gil Mii Costumes back, KOS-MOS' only real competition at this point is Lloyd
Somewhat true. If Lloyd's Mii costume comes back, and we still don't see any sign of KOS-MOS she still would be competing with Soul Calibur. I wouldn't pour the champagne until Lloyd and Soul Calibur are out of the picture.

Last edited:

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Somewhat true. If Lloyd's Mii costume comes back, and we still don't see any sign of KOS-MOS she still would be competing with Soul Calibur. I wouldn't pour the champagne until Lloyd and Soul Calibur are out of the picture.
I'm assuming that the thinking is that a costume wouldn't appear separate from a full rep from a series if the series was getting a Rep?

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I started a profile about a year ago and finally decided to come back after speculation leading up to Challenger 5 started getting... negative 😒 But, I'm back now 😄

I was thinking. If KOS-MOS doesn't wind up coming, how would everyone here feel if she wound up being one of Rex's blades? By that I mean, if Rex winds up being the Monolith Soft character, maybe he can come with three blades: Pyra, Nia and KOS-MOS, each of which offer Rex different arts for his attacks, while Mythra could help Rex with his Final Smash (more than likely Sacred Arrow). Again, if KOS-MOS doesn't wind up playable, would this idea maybe be a good consolation prize, since it means KOS-MOS will still be a part of Smash? Cause honestly I think it would.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Hey guys. I started a profile about a year ago and finally decided to come back after speculation leading up to Challenger 5 started getting... negative 😒 But, I'm back now 😄

I was thinking. If KOS-MOS doesn't wind up coming, how would everyone here feel if she wound up being one of Rex's blades? By that I mean, if Rex winds up being the Monolith Soft character, maybe he can come with three blades: Pyra, Nia and KOS-MOS, each of which offer Rex different arts for his attacks, while Mythra could help Rex with his Final Smash (more than likely Sacred Arrow). Again, if KOS-MOS doesn't wind up playable, would this idea maybe be a good consolation prize, since it means KOS-MOS will still be a part of Smash? Cause honestly I think it would.
If we're getting KOS-MOS I'd rather she be a solo character that is mostly representing Saga with Blade being little with just Re as a costume.

If we're getting Rex I'd rather him be fitted with all his actual canon blades, so I'd legit rather take Roc over KOS-MOS in that situation.

For me, it's a Saga-focused solo KOS-MOS or not at all TBH. I think most of the people here are kinda around the same thinking.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
If we're getting KOS-MOS I'd rather she be a solo character that is mostly representing Saga with Blade being little with just Re as a costume.

If we're getting Rex I'd rather him be fitted with all his actual canon blades, so I'd legit rather take Roc over KOS-MOS in that situation.

For me, it's a Saga-focused solo KOS-MOS or not at all TBH. I think most of the people here are kinda around the same thinking.
Ah. Gotcha. 👍

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So how good do y'all think KOS-MOS would play in Smash and where would she likely end up in the tier list if they did her moveset justice? Personally, I don't care about the tier list as I only care about playing the characters I love and like. But I usually like to ask this question to the fanbases of characters I support.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Given the miriad of ways KOS-MOS can be implemented, it's pretty much impossible to tell how she'd stack up to other characters. I doubt they'd make her unbelievably powerful just because she theoretically is in her home game, since Smash is a game where Villager can go against literal gods (power **** as much as we want, I don't think KOS-MOS is at full blown god level)

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I support KOS-MOS for Smash.

KOS-MOS has a chance of making it in for some key reasons. For starters, she's technically a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 character which is important to note because Sakurai wanted to have a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 representative for the base roster of Smash Ultimate. However, the key reason as to why she has a likeliness of being part of the roster is because she's a Bandai Namco character who's arguably the face of Monolith Soft. Monolith Soft has been responsible for arguably the most critically acclaimed content for Nintendo Switch this year with Animal Crossing New Horizons and Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, and of course, she's owned by Bandai Namco who just so happen to be the developers and are lacking another representative outside of Pac-Man.

MattX20

Smash Hero

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
As long as she isn't Mii Costumed, then yes
Again don't my word for granted by this news we still don't know but a season 3 is a blessing, sadly i also found news nintendo is indeed in the talks with fortnite for smash >.> something i knew it was coming thanks to steve

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Again don't my word for granted by this news we still don't know but a season 3 is a blessing, sadly i also found news nintendo is indeed in the talks with fortnite for smash >.> something i knew it was coming thanks to steve
That could just be for a Spirit Event or Mii Costume. Remember Travis?

MattX20

Smash Hero
and what site is reporting this news?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
and what site is reporting this news?
Some twitter statement saying that some Fortnite staffer said “his lips were sealed” regarding a Zoom call or something

the Zoom call detail alone makes it sus

MattX20

Smash Hero

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
all in all tho I am legit curious as to why Bandai Namco doesn't have another rep in general, they're developing the game

i get that the developing company shouldn't get special treatment, but come on, Capcom has 3, Sega has 3, Konami has 3, Microsoft has 2 (YES.), Square Enix has 2 and I have a feeling they'll get a third soon

but Bamco still stuck at one... so is SNK, but Terry seems to encapsulate SNK as a whole

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
all in all tho I am legit curious as to why Bandai Namco doesn't have another rep in general, they're developing the game

i get that the developing company shouldn't get special treatment, but come on, Capcom has 3, Sega has 3, Konami has 3, Microsoft has 2 (YES.), Square Enix has 2 and I have a feeling they'll get a third soon

but Bamco still stuck at one... so is SNK, but Terry seems to encapsulate SNK as a whole
The fighters ballot inspired the roster for Smash Ultimate, and the only notable Bandai Namco character from that was Lloyd. Sakurai also considered Heihachi, but apparently, his move set was too complex to be added into the game. So when you take those factors into account, there's not really as many characters from Bandai Namco that could be selected. Then there's the Bandai side of Bandai Namco with only Agumon from Digimon being a potential contender as the rest of Bandai's roster outside of .hack// and Tamagotchi did not originate from a video game.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The fighters ballot inspired the roster for Smash Ultimate, and the only notable Bandai Namco character from that was Lloyd. Sakurai also considered Heihachi, but apparently, his move set was too complex to be added into the game. So when you take those factors into account, there's not really as many characters from Bandai Namco that could be selected. Then there's the Bandai side of Bandai Namco with only Agumon from Digimon being a potential contender as the rest of Bandai's roster outside of .hack// and Tamagotchi did not originate from a video game.
It doesn't help that the rumored Xenosaga trilogy remaster was supposedly shelved

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Though, not all of Ultimate's newcomers came from the Smash Ballot as characters like Joker and Incineroar didn't exist when it was going on 5 years ago. Also, Namco has more than just Tales, Tekken, Digimon, and ect to choose from. Namco has other franchises to choose from to pick a newcomer from like:

Soul Calibur rep: Nightmare or Yoshimitsu (Who would also count as a Tekken rep.)

Katamari rep: Prince

XenoSaga: KOS-MOS

Klonoa: Klonoa

And there's more I can't think of off the top of my head.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't help that the rumored Xenosaga trilogy remaster was supposedly shelved
Harada wanted Monolith Soft involved which would have made the remasters exclusive to Nintendo Switch. Being the multiplatform publisher they are, that wouldn't have been a worthwhile investment.

Though, not all of Ultimate's newcomers came from the Smash Ballot as characters like Joker and Incineroar didn't exist when it was going on 5 years ago. Also, Namco has more than just Tales, Tekken, Digimon, and ect to choose from. Namco has other franchises to choose from to pick a newcomer from like:

Soul Calibur rep: Nightmare or Yoshimitsu (Who would also count as a Tekken rep.)

Yoshimitsu and Klonoa are very inspired choices that I can't believe I forgot.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Harada wanted Monolith Soft involved which would have made the remasters exclusive to Nintendo Switch. Being the multiplatform publisher they are, that wouldn't have been a worthwhile investment.

Yoshimitsu and Klonoa are very inspired choices that I can't believe I forgot.
don’t forget the Chosen Undead from Dark Souls

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
Tonight I think it is time for DOOM SLAYER, and later the turn of KOS-MOS, I would even say that the order would be this:

- DOOM SLAYER (His time has come, today is the anniversary and it is worthy)

- KOS-MOS (Close to some announcement or new Xenoblade title that will be about to appear, this if so they will announce it all together in some Direct in spring)

- CRASH (An icon that is still missing, just perfect for the 5-year plan that Activision had)

- MASTER CHIEF (Just in the fall with the release of Halo Infinite and aligned to the 20th anniversary of Halo: CE)

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'm tuning out of this one. Last year's show was incredibly boring, and there are too many signs pointing toward Jonesy happening tonight. I'll check out his trailer later on when it's posted on youtube. I don't have any hopes for a cool character, let-alone cool announcements.

We're back in the old grind with this one. Last year I posted a warning in two threads about the bull**** video takedown for Kosy's Smash mod, and this year, leaks have been silent for the longest time now. Nothing has changed this year. The only good to come out of this next reveal is that it technically isn't solid who we're getting.

Nothing has been leaked since Terry, and that's a good thing in the long-run, but nothing has given me unbridled joy since Ike's return in Smash 4 after "Chrom is replacing him LOL" comments, and Mega Man's eventual invitation to the Smash roster back when Smash 4 was first officially unveiled.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'm tuning out of this one. Last year's show was incredibly boring, and there are too many signs pointing toward Jonesy happening tonight. I'll check out his trailer later on when it's posted on youtube. I don't have any hopes for a cool character, let-alone cool announcements.

We're back in the old grind with this one. Last year I posted a warning in two threads about the bull**** video takedown for Kosy's Smash mod, and this year, leaks have been silent for the longest time now. Nothing has changed this year. The only good to come out of this next reveal is that it technically isn't solid who we're getting.

Nothing has been leaked since Terry, and that's a good thing in the long-run, but nothing has given me unbridled joy since Ike's return in Smash 4 after "Chrom is replacing him LOL" comments, and Mega Man's eventual invitation to the Smash roster back when Smash 4 was first officially unveiled.
It could still be a Japanese character like Joker. I wouldn't say it is Jonesy just yet but i'm prepared for disappointment either way because it's not going to be KOS-MOS 1 year later. Two Western characters back to back wouldn't really make any sense to me either considering Steve was the biggest character. With that said I dont believe it's going to be a Western character but i'm prepared to be wrong.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It could still be a Japanese character like Joker. I wouldn't say it is Jonesy just yet but i'm prepared for disappointment either way because it's not going to be KOS-MOS 1 year later. Two Western characters back to back wouldn't really make any sense to me either considering Steve was the biggest character. With that said I dont believe it's going to be a Western character but i'm prepared to be wrong.
To be fair, I specifically used the term "Western-appeal", meaning a character that's very popular in the West. The "Germans Love David Hasselhoff" trope, basically.

Top Bottom