• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What would y’all expect for KOS-MOS’s DLC Spirit Board?

for me:
  • Shion Uzuki (red haired :ultlucina:)
  • Jin Uzuki (:ultlink:)
  • MOMO (:ultvillagerf:)
  • Jr. aka Rubedo (:ultroy:)
  • Ziggurat 8 aka Ziggy (black clothing :ultfalcon:)
  • chaos (white haired :ultshulk:)
  • Margulis, that beefy villain voiced by Michael McConnohie I forgot if that’s his name (:ultganondorf:)
  • Albedo (:ultrobin:)
  • T-elos, IF she’s not a bundled Echo as some rumors state (blue two piece :ultzss:)

... and still nothing for Orgulla bye :secretkpop:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Snk is also a huge mark in fighting game history, and sakurai grew up with the series and loved it.

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
KOS-MOS is a big staple of the JRPG genre though, especially 3D JRPGs. The crossover potential is also limitless with her, from what we've seen.

On a different note, I tried to get a KOS-MOS avatar, to no avail.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Xeno co-creator Soraya Saga has also stated that, along with Shion Uzuki, MOMO, Juli and Sakura Mizrahi, KOS-MOS's name is a reference to a flower. In KOS-MOS' case, the flower is called "cosmos", which are seen when Mary Magdalene appears in Episode III. The word "kosmos" comes from the Greek language for "order".
please dont give me hope. Aaaah.

I still can't believe that Rathalos' codename was confused with the actual Minecraft boss. XD
ACKSHUALLEE
If you actually Ctrl+F in the hashes of Ultimate's code, you wont find a single string saying end_dragon on Rath's code or anywhere else.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ultimate-research/archive-hashes/master/Hashes
unknown-14.png

unknown-15.png

unknown-23.png

unknown-29.png

the SourceGaming discord was looking back on this, along with Meshima (very respected Smash dataminer) providing the page to the code hash archive, and we were astonished over how a lot of people thought this was true without double checking.

adding the fact there's not even a source of a single insider mistaking that themselves.

Not to mention the other fact this was literally a perpetuated /v/ rumor the community took as a fact like that one guy taking a character expansion mod as a datamine for Smash Ultimate.

but yeah lol, its all bull****. i wish i brought this up here sooner...

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Seriously, what the **** is with this character and Smash?
I don't think anybody really knows. Leakers just want to keep their names relevant. Nintendo has actually done a fine job of keeping this one under wraps for once. My biggest fear at this point is that nobody is announced on Thursday. They may reiterate that more characters are coming, maybe even give us a hard number like 4 or 5, but save the next reveal for a January direct. Then nobody wins and this crap drags out for another month or so.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I never really looked into Kos-Mos before. But with the suspicious statement from Verg, I checked out the OP, and holy crap she's cool! What a unique character! I think she'd be amazing in smash. I hope she really is FP5 after all.

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet
Xeno co-creator Soraya Saga has also stated that, along with Shion Uzuki, MOMO, Juli and Sakura Mizrahi, KOS-MOS's name is a reference to a flower. In KOS-MOS' case, the flower is called "cosmos", which are seen when Mary Magdalene appears in Episode III. The word "kosmos" comes from the Greek language for "order".
The Smash community REALLY needs to stop doing this. There have never been coded hints. Not in the clouds, not in the chairs, not anywhere.

KΩS-MOS

Smash Rookie
I have been lurking here for a pretty long time, but I guess I should finally ask to be added to the supporter list :)

I have been a fan of KOS-MOS even before Xenosaga episode 1 came out, since it is because of KOS-MOS (images I saw online as a 10 years old kid, promoting the game etc) that I actually got interested and wanted to play the game (no regrets!) XD
Although my english wasn't great, my older brother helped me understand most of all 3 games (wasn't that easy to understand for a kid, even harder for one who was still learning english), and I fell in love with that trilogy. KOS-MOS has been my favorite video game character ever since (closely followed by Yuna from FFX), and I use her as my user name / ID for pretty much every games... and when SSB for Wii U came out, the possibility of being able to play her in a Smash game came to me as a realisation, although it ended in disappointment.
But the possibility resurfaced again with SSB Ultimate. And now KOS-MOS chances seem better than ever, although I am afraid to be let down again tbh >< But oh god.. her chances seem too good to be true; I really want to believe it. I think I will actually cry tears of joy if she is announced as DLC#5 and my bf will think I am crazy hahaha.

D

Deleted member

Apparently someone in the Newcomer thread posted a Discord screenshot about them making the entire cat leak. True or not?
Tbf, that Cat Leak wasn't exactly reliable. I'd say the VGA leak and Vergeben are KOSMOS's biggest bets.

If Verge just doesn't hear anything about KOSMOS and we see something like a Clock Tower remake, that's pretty much a lock for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Regarding a KOS-MOS discord.... I tried making one awhile ago but meh I just figured we had the thread so deleted it. Sorry lol

One minute, I'm trying to figure things out. Like a image to let peeps know we're a Kos-mos server. Any ideas for one?

Personally I love this one.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Regarding a KOS-MOS discord.... I tried making one awhile ago but meh I just figured we had the thread so deleted it. Sorry lol

Personally I love this one.
That's the image that'll be used! Just another minute then I'll give the link.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Yes Vergeben was indeed wrong, and Sabi still is not deconfirming KOS-MOS.
which means everyone who was not deconn'd by Sabi is back on the list, including the post speculated KOS-MOS.
the plot indeed thickens..

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I wanna get of smashs wild ride lol. Its quite nuts this whole fp5.

Very excited to be surprised on thursday, if it is thursday

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So Sabi is saying her disconfirmations dont change. And she never said Namco was out which means Verge was wrong about Namco being out right? That's why he backpedaled on KOS-MOS yesterday?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't know much about KOS-MOS, but I do like the Xenoblade games. (and I played a bit of a Xenogears game on an emulator a while back)

The Xenosaga series only released on the playstation 2 didn't it? (I know there was a DS version but I think it was Japan only)

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
So Sabi is saying her disconfirmations dont change. And she never said Namco was out which means Verge was wrong about Namco being out right? That's why he backpedaled on KOS-MOS yesterday?
Precisely.
Whats more interesting is.. Sabi didnt deconfirm KOS-MOS in those series of tweets - who right now is the most speculated. Kinda strange huh? He's axed Lloyd infront of the public but doesnt want to comment on KOS-MOS.. neither does Verge (who backpedaled).
Essentially, Sabi’s statement adds nothing new besides Sabi agrees verge was wrong.
But anyways, FP5 i hope and assume right now is KOS-MOS. But as a responsible supporter should have, hype responsibility.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'm gonna address the elephant in the room here: The nature of these constant disconfirmations and reconfirmations from two opposing leakers suggests that no one knows who the fifth fighter is. The most reliable sources suggest the idea that, "We know who it ISN'T, but not who it IS..." Ergo, we have absolutely nothing to go off on other than the TGA leak, which has yet to prove its legitimacy with something really hard-hitting.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'm gonna address the elephant in the room here: The nature of these constant disconfirmations and reconfirmations from two opposing leakers suggests that no one knows who the fifth fighter is. The most reliable sources suggest the idea that, "We know who it ISN'T, but not who it IS..." Ergo, we have absolutely nothing to go off on other than the TGA leak, which has yet to prove its legitimacy with something really hard-hitting.
Sabi apparently is trying to get a disconfirmation on KOS-MOS and can't.... same with Verge who is now making cryptic hints on Gamefaqs. So really.... I dont know anymore.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Sabi apparently is trying to get a disconfirmation on KOS-MOS and can't.... same with Verge who is now making cryptic hints on Gamefaqs. So really.... I dont know anymore.
At this point I'm just going along with the ride. Here's to hoping its Kos-Mos!

I am happy that we dont know who it is for sure tbh. I'm tired of being leaked before hand.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
KOS-MOS is reminiscent of ancient mecha anime, even her design resembles female characters from old anime. This is very important.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey, what’re the chances that the guy behind the 2nd Cat Leak unintentionally got them right, and we get the announcement of Ryu Hayabusa and Reimu after KOS-MOS?

I’d say very unlikely, but I’d get a good laugh out of it.
If that turns out true it will be time to say: Hayabusa and Reimu mains rise up!

The Smash community REALLY needs to stop doing this. There have never been coded hints. Not in the clouds, not in the chairs, not anywhere.
We'll look for hints in the streets, we'll look for them in our houses, we'll look for them in our back yards! We will never, NEVER surrender!

Last edited:

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
So a while back I made this video for the purpose of hearing what KOS-MOS's victory theme might sound like in-game:

Like with the victory themes for Cloud and Joker, it would play continuously, replacing the results theme.

D

Deleted member

So a while back I made this video for the purpose of hearing what KOS-MOS's victory theme might sound like in-game:

Like with the victory themes for Cloud and Joker, it would play continuously, replacing the results theme.
Kinda good, but kudos to that Mii Costume you made of her.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Remember, Geoff said that the game awards will cover existing games also so SMT V is extremely possible given that the EU PR manager of Atlus is teasing it. Atlus USUALLY does not do western reveals but... this is specifically the EU PR manager.

We just need to see clocktower to seal it. And I get the feeling she is not leakbait at all since Sabi and Verge are struggling to disconfirm her.

D

Deleted member

Remember, Geoff said that the game awards will cover existing games also so SMT V is extremely possible given that the EU PR manager of Atlus is teasing it. Atlus USUALLY does not do western reveals but... this is specifically the EU PR manager.

We just need to see clocktower to seal it. And I get the feeling she is not leakbait at all since Sabi and Verge are struggling to disconfirm her.
Oh...I'm ready for this...

Grimel

Smash Cadet
KOS-MOS is my most wanted character for FP5. The only other ones I want are Klonoa and Goemon but if I had to choose one, it would be KOS-MOS. I would have never thought it was possible that she might make it into Smash but after we got Joker anything is possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom