• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kos Mos and his peach.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Pretty interesting that he can beat wobbles, in August he lost OHSNAP3 to wobbles, Kos Mos not winning one match in the set. Now he goes to dallas, causes an upset, and wins MGC, he was getting 4 stocked by FLT at OHSNAP2 in December last year.

Now here is the question Id like to ask. Peach...does she require less skill and less time to show actual results? Im sure when he won, a lot of you were probably saying "Who is Kos Mos?" His peach is pretty **** good, Im just having a hard time believing he got to a level where he can win a tourny in which players were 4 stocking him less than a year before.

Im sure there are videos of his peach on youtube, not any of his recent ones though. The peach pillar, how hard is that to do, Kos Mos does the peach pillar once a match against my ganon, so it cant be THAT hard.

Im an Ice Climber player, so excuse me for assuming Peach takes less skill, I mean come on...downsmash.

I still have <3 for peach players...except Forest.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
peach pillar just isnt as widespread as waveshining... although i think its harder than waveshining. I can do both well but i think the mere fact that peach pillar requires like twice as many unique hand movements than waveshining makes it harder.

as for kos mos beating wobbles... I think any semi good peach could beat even chudat's IC's the matchup is so bad. wobbles is good but certainly isnt chu, so even if kosmos were mediocre i could see him beating wobbles, but I dont know anything about him.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
peach pillar just isnt as widespread as waveshining... although i think its harder than waveshining. I can do both well but i think the mere fact that peach pillar requires like twice as many unique hand movements than waveshining makes it harder.

as for kos mos beating wobbles... I think any semi good peach could beat even chudat's IC's the matchup is so bad. wobbles is good but certainly isnt chu, so even if kosmos were mediocre i could see him beating wobbles, but I dont know anything about him.
Wobbles used fox and jigglypuff in his set against Kos-mos at OHSNAP3, though, so it wasn't a Peach vs ICs thing. Wobbles is definitely more than competent at several characters.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Ill say this, when I tried to play peach I had a really hard time trying to use her well. I want to give you guys props but...Im an Ice Climber main.

Also, its hard to say ICs have any advantage over peach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well I say at beginner to average level she is easy, but around pro level and dealing with high level play of top tiers, she is not.

vidjogamer

Smash Master
I need you all to think about top level play when you make these considerations.
no doubt will a noob IC lose to a noob Peach. And i couldnt agree more with Dark.Pch

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Well I say at beginner to average level she is easy, but around pro level and dealing with high level play of top tiers, she is not.
Yeah but that doesn't prove that she is hard to use technically. Rather it says the she's easy to pick up but she needs you to have a brain to keep up at higher levels.

And I do not have a brain, so I gave up on her....

Tin

Smash Journeyman
I'd argue that peach takes more skill than most characters.
And IC vs. peach isnt one sided.
Agreed, I think Vidjo speaks from experience. Just look at East Coast v. Midwest crew battle.

Chu v. Vidjo
Icies v. Peach on MUTE CITY!

Chu almost won, even though he was 2 stocks behind. Peach has the advantage, but if a skilled Icies get a grab, that's like a Downsmash equivalent right there.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yeah but that doesn't prove that she is hard to use technically. Rather it says the she's easy to pick up but she needs you to have a brain to keep up at higher levels.

And I do not have a brain, so I gave up on her....
Peach is one of those characters that you can beat the crap out of with nearly every one in this game if you have no clue what your doing. She can be abuse easy. So its best to have good mindgames. People can target her weakness easy. Which is why some players play defensive.

As for tech skills, The only ones she has is shfl her air attacks with FC. She is not really a technical character compared to the others, and not all that fast. You can shfl her attacks to make her fast within your range I suppose. But not like how the others can shfl and still keep thier speed.

Over all Peach takes alot of thinking, smart play, patients and observation. I have people thing she is god cause of her down smash. I tell them go fight a high level Marth or fox and come back to me. Dude did it once...........he never touched Peach again. She has one move that is godly, but you can get abused by it if the player knows your gonna do it or love to spam it. I say some thing she is easy cause of her downsmash and due to the fact she does not have to L-cancel that much ( FC FTW ). I realized that I NOW have to work on more then baiting kills with the Dsmash, she is more than that, and Now Im having a hard time using and learning with her.It was way to hard to get ninth at the zenith. But I am getting better cause of it. Its just a pain with these high tiers. so im working on it.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Peach is one of those characters that you can beat the crap out of with nearly every one in this game if you have no clue what your doing. She can be abuse easy. So its best to have good mindgames. People can target her weakness easy. Which is why some players play defensive.

Ummm, everyone is easy to "abuse" if you do not know what you are doing. She is one of those characters that is less easy to abuse even if the person does not know what they are doing.

Over all Peach takes alot of thinking, smart play, patients and observation. I have people thing she is god cause of her down smash. I tell them go fight a high level Marth or fox and come back to me. Dude did it once...........he never touched Peach again. She has one move that is godly, but you can get abused by it if the player knows your gonna do it or love to spam it. I say some thing she is easy cause of her downsmash and due to the fact she does not have to L-cancel that much ( FC FTW ). I realized that I NOW have to work on more then baiting kills with the Dsmash, she is more than that, and Now Im having a hard time using and learning with her.It was way to hard to get ninth at the zenith. But I am getting better cause of it. Its just a pain with these high tiers. so im working on it.
Yeah, pretty n00by to say that dsmash makes her godly, but what you said about thinking can be said for every character at higher levels of play. Sure, Fox and Falco take less thinking skills at the highest level of play due to shines and the like, but they still take all of what you just said to get good. The thing is, Peach is very easy to pick up. She just has alot of easy to use moves that are less punishable than most easy moves. I play Link and say he is easy to pick up and pretty hard to win against alot of characters (alot of matchups are even and common high tier characters are very hard to play against like Fox). I do not say it takes "alot of thinking" since all smashers need to be able to observe and stuff at high level play. If you mean it is hard for Peach to win against Marth, Fox, and Sheik and that takes more thinking than the more evenish/favorable matchups of the other high tiers to win, than I can agree with that. lol

What I am saying = Peach is easy to learn, but like all characters, takes alot of skill to reach her peak level and beat opponents with a superior character.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
[/COLOR]Ummm, everyone is easy to "abuse" if you do not know what you are doing. She is one of those characters that is less easy to abuse even if the person does not know what they are doing.

Yeah, pretty n00by to say that dsmash makes her godly, but what you said about thinking can be said for every character at higher levels of play. Sure, Fox and Falco take less thinking skills at the highest level of play due to shines and the like, but they still take all of what you just said to get good. The thing is, Peach is very easy to pick up. She just has alot of easy to use moves that are less punishable than most easy moves. I play Link and say he is easy to pick up and pretty hard to win against alot of characters (alot of matchups are even and common high tier characters are very hard to play against like Fox). I do not say it takes "alot of thinking" since all smashers need to be able to observe and stuff at high level play.
What I am saying = Peach is easy to learn, but like all characters, takes alot of skill to reach her peak level and beat opponents with a superior character.

This is why I like to stay quiet.

First off, When I said her Dsmash is godly, im saying what others think of the move, and cause of useng it, they think she is easy to use. To just catch your enemy with the move and you win. And im stating that why some see her as easy to use at first.

And who said anything about other characters. obviously they take skill as well. no duh, or dont expect to go far in tournaments. And im speaking about peach cause some think she is easy. And im stating at high level of play she is not and the reasons why for those think that she is. get it? over all you need a brain. you think you can just use Sheiks tils like nothing and you can just win no sweat? You think you can spam Fsmash and F-air with marth and you win?

Thats my point, those that think she is easy. her learning curves are not hard. dont mean you can just own.I sure would like to hear how simple it is to get like top 5 in big tournaments with Peach. Any pro Peach will tell you. You best to work your butt off cause of the kind of character she is. I say picking peach up to average level is just a test. a training session. Now the real challenge begins past that dealing with hi tiers. This will show just how simple peach is to use.

and when i say easy to abuse, i mean nearly everyone can combo her easy. its crazy

"If you mean it is hard for Peach to win against Marth, Fox, and Sheik and that takes more thinking than the more evenish/favorable matchups of the other high tiers to win, than I can agree with that. lol" <---------- ( Is what i meant)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
"If you mean it is hard for Peach to win against Marth, Fox, and Sheik and that takes more thinking than the more evenish/favorable matchups of the other high tiers to win, than I can agree with that. lol" <---------- ( Is what i meant)
Ok, that is fine then. lol No attacking intended.

I just hate when people say something like "Bowser takes mindgamez" and act like if you pick high tier suddenly you don't need mindgames or something. :dizzy:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'd argue differently, when I can beat both Azen's and ChuDats Ice Climbers even a quarter of the time then something is definitely skewed toward Peach in the match up.

That being said, previous Midnight Gaming Tournaments used laggy telivisions, if that was the case here than Peach is easily the best character to use.

EDIT: can't = can.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The MGC Nationals used proper TVs and double elimination brackets.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think wobbles could of won if he had picked better counter-pick stages >_>...KOS-MOS played solid the whole way through though and it got him the win.

Cort

Apple Head
I've never lost to Chu's ICs in tournament and the last time I played him at SCC I 3 stocked him on his counterpick. (FD)

My 2nd match against Wobbles at SCC he went YS and chose ICs after losing with his Fox first round, and barely beat me. He's the first IC to ever beat my Peach, anyway.

So, I don't know what you guys are talking about really. I personally think Wobbles' ICs do a lot more interesting and tricksy things vs Peach, and that Chu just kind of.. doesn't.

Peach requires just as much skill to play well than any other character. ESPECIALLY at VERY high levels of play where she gets completely destroyed by any very competent Fox or Marth.

I look at these tournament results and I really don't see any very high level players attending, and then whoever wins wins. There were a lot of upsets obviously, but no johns I guess. Kos Mos deserved the win, no matchup johns either.

<_< >_> <_<

Vidjo seemed to be really off during that Mute City match vs Chu =/

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Vidjo seemed to be really off during that Mute City match vs Chu =/
The entire midwest seemed off. Honestly I've seen better out of everyone and that was kind of sad. Not trying to be a gerk but MW choked. :(

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
i dont think peach is an easy character to use compared to any other. When you consider what leaps and bounds you have to go through to beat fox when he can just shoot lasers then dair shine usmash... I think her difficulty in play becomes clear.

But I still think Peach vs IC is a very one sided match. When you have the top IC player ever picking Pikachu over IC for peach I think its very telling.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
That being said, previous Midnight Gaming Tournaments used laggy telivisions, if that was the case here than Peach is easily the best character to use.
Played 2 peaches in the semi's at the MGC tournies, playing as sheik and all they did was spot dodge and dsmash. Its annoying how well that worked. I was watching a video of a MGC tourny in NM and the peach player won the same way against this jiggs. Granted I was playing sheik and Ive never played her before that tourny...but no johns, right.

I agree with XIF, and I hate to be a copy cat, (Ive been playing Pikachu for a couple years) but when I saw chu's pikachu beat cort, I had to try. It sucks playing KOSMOS, my ICs do the best against him, I can get him down to 2-1 stock depending on the level (****ing dreamland), but when I try and counter pick him (via ganon) he 3 and sadly sometimes 4 stocks me T_T. This is what he said when that black ******* 4 stocked my ganon the last time (it was on FD against a peach, give me a break), "Everybody tries to counter pick me which is why Im so good against them and why your ICs do the best against me." I was a sad rasta, *sigh* Ive still only beat his peach once with ICs.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Spot-dodge to dsmash? ****, those Peach players had it easy, or maybe I was being too hard on myself trying to chaingrab Foxen and CC usmash for the dsmash.

And then doing Shino Stalls with Sheik. lol.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Well you gotta remember, those were on laggy plasma tvs. I tried Jiggs, which is who I would normally choose against a peach, but I couldnt land any rests. My homie Vegafuse (VEGAAAFUUUUUSIOOOOOON!!!!) said "playing smash on these tvs is like street fighter, you push the buttons then watch it on the screen."

My sheik sucks, Im tryin to get it better so **** like that wont happen again.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I'm just going to say the two best peach players support Chris and his legitimacy as a peach in this thread so Chris has nothing to fear in anything ever :p

<3 teams at VLS

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I'll chime in with my two pennies:

KOS-MOS is freaking ridiculous with Peach. I've played many matches against many professional-level players and I can say with certainty that he is the most difficult opponent I have EVER faced. No one else(and I've gone toe-to-toe with the likes of Ken, Drephen, DSF, Zelgadis, etc.) has ever been able to instill the kind of fear and despair that Chirs has.

Everytime I see him, he's picked up something new, gotten that much faster/better than he was the previous time... He is truly a prodigy of hard work. Used to be a time when I could easily 3-stock him without breaking a sweat... Now I'm struggling to keep him from 4-stocking me... It's enough to make a guy throw his controller at the TV in disgust.

He's a true talent and I no matter how much of an upset-fest MGC was, that does not taint the legitimacy of his skill. He won that tournament because he was better on that day than his opponents were. He is a force to be reckoned with and I fully expect him to take AT LEAST Top 5 at ANY tournament he attends.

KOS-MOS is the truth. Mark my words.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, I normally don't just throw stuff like that out there, so trust me when I state things of that nature.

I've been Smashing for a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG TIME, so I know better than to just make unfounded claims. KOS-MOS is a legitimate contender, I assure you. He would laugh all of my praise off, and be all humble, but I know greatness when I see it. All he needs now is to attend more tourneys to prove me correct...

I was kind of disheartened that a fair bit of the community was not really giving him the praise that say, Wobbles would have gotten had he won, so I've taken it upon myself to be his hype-machine for a bit. At least until he starts hitting more tourneys and taking people's money, anyway...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I hope that KOS-MOS doesn't start to receive the hate that Drk.Pch does because of people talking him up. I want to play KOS-MOS now, though.

Also, wtf about Peach not being technical. People need to start pillaring and tech-chasing with fc uair. Peach isn't Fox, but she's more technical than Marth, fo sho. Harder to win with against Fox and Marth, too. D:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I hope that KOS-MOS doesn't start to receive the hate that Drk.Pch does because of people talking him up.
I doubt it. The guy wins a tournaments and beats well known players. He actually does something. I'm just an average Peach player. Im no where near KOS-MOS or the other beast players around here so no need to worry about that. Im thinking about quitting peach. Seems she is not for me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well if you quit Peach, who are you going to play?
I dont know, Only character in this game I can use ok out of peach is Zelda. But she cant do much for me for Im not all that with her.I might let the game go. For now im debating On staying Peach or just saying by to smash

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Saying he'll place top 5 are big words, I wouldnt say top 5, but he will place very high. You cant beat his peach with jiggs, I think maybe only king and maybe mango could (its gotten nearly impossible to rest his *** thanks to me). I dont think just any falco could beat him, if he played BS at OC3 Im sure it would have been a 3-4 stock. If you are really itching to beat him, Peach ditto, marth, or fox would be the characters to use. Unfortunately, his: Peach, Marth, Fox, and Falco are all ****ing crazy.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Trust me, it's easy to hate someone when you have people that haven't been to any major tournaments (or if they have, they weren't remotely successful) using themselves as basis of comparison for how good someone is. No offense to anyone talking him up, of course. I understand repping your own, but I don't go on spouting about how LoVo beat HugS (it was a friendly), almost beat Germ in a MM for best Link (Germ was still better), and a buncha other **** like that.

Just let his results talk for him, we don't want him to become hated and a disappointment like BS was (despite being a **** good Falco, and one of the nicest smashers I've ever met).

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Trust us man, we are just sayin he is good. He is going to that smataclysm tournament, I dunno how well he will do there. He has been all over the US playing pros, for like 2 weeks before OC3 he was playing with Omar and his crew, he played all the pros at OC3, then for like a week after he went back to playing with omar and dbr (I think he did, not sure, need to ask). Now he is going to play with M2k and PC...its not fair, he is leaps and bounds ahead of everybody in OK.

Also, everything we have said about Kos Mos is TRUE, Mana was claiming BS was doing all kinds of ridiculous ****. Well, since he hyped up so many people for nothing, OK is going to FC instead of 0C.

Kos Mos once ate some pebbles and **** a boulder...no lie.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
So Kos Mos hates that I made this thread and he says he has to prove himself now...Well, Kos Mos is crazy, he is so good he makes ken scared, makes vidjo faint, makes PC get a tan, and makes Mew2King mew2prince.

Top Bottom