• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KoreanDJ Presents: 100% POSITIVE!!! TOURNEY: Teen Center at 9/2/05 in WEST NEWTON, MA

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I accept the challenge hehe best 3/5 sounds fine to me.

15% of the money is being taken away? What for exactly?

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Allright, after talking with Unknown Force, the pot is still 60%/30%/10%, just like last time.

So anyways, I realized that food was an issue last tourney, so this time I'm going to order some boxes of pizza and I'm going to sell individual slices to anyone who wants any slices.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
It's going to be $1.50 per slice.

Also, ONE THING THAT IVE CHANGED:
The tournament is now going to adapt the ADVANCED SLOB PICKS RULE. Just keep note of that.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
<_< i'll but like 5 slices lol, But what is "ADVANCED SLOB PICKS RULE"?

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Advanced Slob Picks is when the loser says the stage out loud for the next round, and the winner chooses his/her character first, then the loser chooses his/her character after the winner.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Check the first post because I said it's going to be postponed to 8/5/05. The next location should be either MIT, my high school (Newton North High School...which is a 5-10 minute drive from the Teen Center in West Newton), or Brandeis University (the President of Brandeis University lives across the street from me....DID SOMEBODY SAY BRIBERY?????). I'll do my best to relocate, and I'm sry for all the inconveniences.

ZeroX131

Smash Rookie
Yay! I couldn't go to the one today, because I couldn't have a ride. But does that mean both the 5th and the 12th are on?

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
please put at least a State abbreviation in the topic title. City too if possible but that's not quite as important. It's good for members to quickly find tournaments in their area. Also good for you if you want better turnout.

I would edit the topic title for you but I dont know the details and if they are going to change.

Thanks.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
as long as the next tourney is held at 6, and not too much farther away, i won't have to take any time off of work to make it. That was too much fun to miss another one.

again, really sorry about the movie board, but 1000 dollars? for a white board? there must have been something more to that board than meets the eye. You must admit, it does look like a marker board. and i did ask that guy who came down for the markers himself, so he could have asked then.. but hey.

again, thanks to anyone who liked my gaw. Ill prolly be havin money matches next time, but we'll see.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
just wondering....is green hunter in the mages? or is it just 2 ppl?

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Green Hunter IS in the Mages.

So here's the deal. Since I'm a temporary honorary member of the AZNI, let's have a CREW battle against the Mages. Money Match'd.

AZNI (Sages) vs. the Mages.

AZNI: Roy Master, Ultimate Roy, KoreanDJ111.
Mages: Omega White Mage, Green Hunter, Omega Black Mage.

Do you accept our challenge?

Green Hunter

Smash Apprentice
There could be some difficulty for White Mage and I to get to this one. As far as I know, we don't have a ride there. Then again, I haven't talked to him in a while, so maybe he's pulled something out of thin air by now. I don't know about the Mages, but I'm sure up for a crew match. Hope to see you guys on Friday.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
im so in. regular stages i assume. although i have a feeling the rest of my crew won't be there.... he he. oh well we'll catch up sometime

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Allright, here's the progress so far on the location.

I am confirmed that MIT is not a good place to hold a tournament, so MIT is off the list. Now there's only two options left: Brandeis University in MA, or Tokyo Gaming in RI.

What I have done so far is that I tried to call this person to confirm the availability with the place in Brandeis, yet this person did not pick up her phone at all in her office all day today. I'm getting edgy about this, for if a decision is to be made, it will be made at the LAST minute. I emailed the person in Brandeis along with the request form for a room called the "Multi Purpose room". It is a pretty big room that can hold up to 100 people. All I can do now is wait, yet Tokyo Gaming is looming in the background, and possibly another place, so don't ignore those other places. It's best to keep things safe.

I'm rlly sry this is last minute, as has the postponing, but I'm doing the best I can to make sure we have a tourney this Friday. I'll keep you guys updated on any further developments.

Peace.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
don't worry about it. We know your trying your hardest to get this running, but if it doesn't happen, no one's gunna come down on you.

ultimateroy

Smash Cadet
omegablackmage said:
don't worry about it. We know your trying your hardest to get this running, but if it doesn't happen, no one's gunna come down on you.
i'm with him ^^

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, what they've said. Even if it doesn't work out we appreciate the effort you made to host a good tourny.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I hate to say this, but the tourney is AGAIN POSTPONED till 8/12/05.

I waited for the Brandeis person to show up for 4 hours, and she finally emailed me saying she couldn't let me because she couldn't at the time. Tokyo Gaming also said it was too short notice (even though I've been calling them for the past 4 days and no one picked up). I tried my best. Next Friday, I am sure there's going to be a place. I'm aiming at Brandeis again because most likely they would let us. If not, then it's Tokyo Gaming.

Like I said before, sorry for this happening on such short notice. I will do my best to make this not happen again.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm actually glad that this got postponed again, i might be able to make it out to have that crew match...as long as its in mass tho...im not goin out of state for this(most likely)

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Dan, u should try 2 find a place 2 hold the tourney b4 u announce a specific date. =P Just some advice...

xHayatox

Smash Lord
:o next friday i work. :-/ i myself try to find place in nearby here so i can do monthlies in FR :D i shall continue on the hunt

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Alright, here's what's happening this week...
I have to go to a church retreat from Sunday to Thursday, but I'm going to talk to the Brandeis person while I'm at the retreat to settle things down...if things don't look so good, I'm going to go plan it at Tokyo Gaming. Most likely, Brandeis will work.

Until then, peace.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Alright, here's what's happening this week...
I have to go to a church retreat from Sunday to Thursday, but I'm going to talk to the Brandeis person while I'm at the retreat to settle things down...if things don't look so good, I'm going to go plan it at Tokyo Gaming. Most likely, Brandeis will work.

Until then, peace.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
why you gunna retire so soon? man, you just started, you gotta keep goin and feel the smash magic. Besides we still got a crew battle and i am not seeing that go by the wayside.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, we'll still have the crew battle, and i'll get those money matches over with. I'm retiring at an early age, cuz i have stuff like school to take care of, and another reason......

I'll still go to tourneys, to support my fellow AZNI members, but i'll just be spectating. I'm estimating in about a month, i won't be able to WD, or Infinite and all that fancy stuff anymore.....

Anyways, can't wait til this tourney occurs :)

Top Bottom