• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KoreanDJ Presents: 100% POSITIVE!!! TOURNEY: Teen Center at 9/2/05 in WEST NEWTON, MA

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
THE TOURNAMENT TOMORROW IS GOING TO BE POSTPONED YET AGAIN!
I have contacted Dean College and Brandeis University for a spot, and they would let us......but it would cost $500 to rent it for one day....so that's out of the question.
I tried calling Tokyo Game Action for a spot, yet they would not answer their phone and wouldn't reply to my emails, so I had no way of contacting them.

Here are the next options left:
Tokyo Game Action
Good Times
West Newton Teen Center (bad news for people who are "older" than 18).

I'll post you guys up later for that.

NOW, THERE IS GOING TO BE A REPLACEMENT SMASHFEST AT MY HOUSE AT NOON! Here's my address:

It's going to end at 6:40 PM.

It'd be great if you guys could make it.

I'll inform you of other news. Sry for such short notice again, but I came back from my retreat today so I had no other access to a computer until today.

Peace.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
THE TOURNAMENT TOMORROW IS GOING TO BE POSTPONED YET AGAIN!
I have contacted Dean College and Brandeis University for a spot, and they would let us......but it would cost $500 to rent it for one day....so that's out of the question.
I tried calling Tokyo Game Action for a spot, yet they would not answer their phone and wouldn't reply to my emails, so I had no way of contacting them.

Here are the next options left:
Tokyo Game Action
Good Times
West Newton Teen Center (bad news for people who are "older" than 18).

I'll post you guys up later for that.

NOW, THERE IS GOING TO BE A REPLACEMENT SMASHFEST AT MY HOUSE AT NOON! Here's my address:

It's going to end at 6:40 PM.

It'd be great if you guys could make it.

I'll inform you of other news. Sry for such short notice again, but I came back from my retreat today so I had no other access to a computer until today.

Peace.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
The smashfest is just for fun, so it's unfair if I were to charge for it. Anyone that wants to come, feel free to come over.

Peace.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well regretfully I'm going to need a ton of notice to be able to get a ride and get any days of work to go to a tourney. So hopechances are I won't be at this next one. Good luck to everyone going!

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
id say if you can just go back to the teen center, its convienient. There really weren't that many people there that looked like they were way over 18. Just tell them you just graduated high school. And for anyone else that is way over 18, just get a backround check by them. The guy said it himself, you could stay if you had a check. So if you can, just go back there.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
How are the prospects of throwing the second tournament this weekend? I would be great to have a tournament underway soon.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
theres gonna be a tournament in Fall River, MA at GameCrazy. :D u can come to visit me. ill enter it. its free to enter..... which is good but the bad newz is the prize is wack.... probly tshirt, magazine or some gay **** but i think the free rentals are the best ones. u can use it at ur nearby hollywood videos. Ill be there, and u cannot miss it cuz theres only 1 hollywood video. what i can do for u guys is sign u up for those who are interested in coming to hang out and play againts the turtles... but ill tell u right now, the competition wont be pretty.... they suck bad. :p but its in august 27th.. more details later

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Nice a tournament after all lol count me in. Maybe we can try asking the tournament guys if they wish to make it a prize tournament and charge like 10 or 15 dollars entry and give them 10% of the pot so they make some money. Can't see why they would pass up the chance to get some money lol.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
u can email me ur name, ill just go to the store and sign u up. probly14 people gonna show up. last time wus 20. thats with just me and my friend. lol. lots of scrubs too bad theres no $$ involved. but u can always money match. ill ask the owner to open a tv for that kinda deal.

alright heres the bad newz.... they dont have alot of tvs. they probly gonna use only one but imma gonna ask dem to use 2 r 3 tvs. since they do got other tvs except they are those cheap lcds which has different lag time then the normal tv so that might screw up ur timing but ill try to get at least 2 tvs. they are alittle high up sortaa like walpole except with less tvs. jinx shoud know what i mean since he been to a gamecrazy wack *** tourney lolz. maybe with all u guys to make the finals seem more interesting woud make my city have more players. so i can actually run a tourney on my own. :p

is anyone interested in just comin to play with the turtles?? theres no chairs btw which sux.

hmm to answer unknowns question. i guess they just wanna attract more customers to buy their game. and yea that shoud be good stuff. but they alrdy have a sign saying sign up is free :( ill ask anyway but like walpole theres gonna probly be alot of little kids scrubs lol. i woudnt mind winning money but if unknown comes it is gonna be hard for me since hes beaten nago (2nd best sheik in japan) :o makes me rethink how i shoud play sheik cuz im sorta scared now lol..

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Heh I shall bring my tv then. The more the better! Lol you will probably defeat me anyway Hayato but we can always agree to split the money if you'd like. I'd prefer that option myself since we would both come out safe =P Money matches sound good too hehe.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Alright, here's the deal.

I talked to the West Newton Teen Center guy, and he says that we can use the facilities next week because the camp that took over the place is going to end next week. I'll get more details later, but the next tourney should be set up for August 26th, 2005.

However, I am going to hold a Smashfest on Thursday, August 17th at my place. Anyone interested in coming along?

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean August 18th? The 17th is today, wednesday. And I think I can come if it's Thursday.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
although i am retired i will be going...because i haven't been to any of these, since they were all like postponed...

UNKNOWN!!!!!! I CHALLENGE THEE TO A PENNY MONEY MATCH!!!!! DO YOU ACCEPT!!?!??!!?!?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Idk about this, ill switch hours with someone at work if i can find a ride, but i guess we'll just have to c. It's especially sketchy after gauntlet this wkend draining my wallet. But i'll look into it.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Penny match? Bah! Lol sorry penny is a bit too small of a wager to me. 5$ is the mimimum for a money match, although if you simply want a friendly match thats fine by me. Speaking of which any other money match takers? =P

Oh speaking of which I have a brief question for the Mages. You guys are driving to the Gauntlet right? So I assume you will be traveling via Route 1/95? If so, you guys would be traveling right by where I live, and I could actually meet you very close to the highway. Would there be any chance that you guys could pick me up if there is room for one more person? I don't think picking me would allow you guys to go even the slighest bit out of your way, and in addition I would be happy to pay gas money for the kind act. Right now this seems the only possible way I could make it to the tournament, so I really hope it might be possible. Let me know if there is any chance, I would be very grateful and again I'd pay gas money for your kindness heh.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Kyle, if we do go, one of us will most likely be driving.

And since Lowell's parents probably won't want him driving, and you've driven to nearly every function we've attended, it will most likely be me.

EDIT: Oh, Gauntlet? Nevermind. I need to read more carefully.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
am alrdy have to work next friday. if i do decide to come of if my brother wants to drive me maybe ill arrive late but ill only go watch :o

btw the gamecrazy tournament is gay. lol so basically the money prize isnt gonna work, they are not trying to make money r rip people off. they just want to have a day of fun and attract customers to the store, but you guys are welcomed to come play. ill be there. ill probly get there alittle late cuz im workin till 1 that day and thats when it starts. and the tv issue.. they only wanna use one tv......... wtf. i am gonna like force em to use the other tvs. ill even provide them with the cubes. that is if ne of u plan to come chill and play.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Yikes 1 tv and no prize? That seems a bit nuts lol. These game stores are tough to work with!

Omegawhitemage just making sure, but I'm guessing that there is indeed no room? Arg, well let me know if someone cancels at the last minute by PM or IM (Xeno171). Again, I would be highly grateful for any assistance and I'm pretty sure you guys would not have to go out of the way at all to pick me up since I can drive right near the highway you are likely to pass to get to NYC.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Good point Roymaster, I didn't realize KoreanDJ had put that down. Err KoreanDJ any chance you can post the address, along with the date and time of the tournament again?

Also since there were only 3 tv's last time, we should really consider bringing a few tvs along if possible (and cubes). I'll certainly bring my tv and cube, and perhaps I can get Yo-Yo to bring his tv/cube as well. I'll bring my laptop too with tournament maker so we can have an easy time making the brackets too.

Remember guys if anything goes wrong this time we have my house as a backup place heh.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i will also bring a tv and cube this time as i don't have to come straight from work. With me and unknown running the tourney and all the new cubes and tvs, this will be one smooth tourney. See you all there.

Pheonix Gamma

Smash Cadet
DUDE, you mentioned good times...We should do something there sometime, cause that's a stone's throw away from Medford! ^_^

I might stop by and enter if nothing comes up.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm rlly sry for all the troubles that has been going on with the tournament. I will let you all in the latest details:

So far, I called the West Newton Teen Center to double check to see if we're having the tourney, but the director of that place is on vacation until next monday. However, I'm already one step ahead, and I am doing a double reassurance by e-mailing the owner of Good Time Emporium of the SSBM tourney being held there. When I called the manager today and asked to see if it was possible to hold an SSBM tourney, she said "Anything is possible".
If this works out, I am afraid the pot money will have a slight decrease for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and will go towards the Good Time Emporium for the rental fee (I have to clarify the price). However, most likely, the Good Time Emporium will make fliers and such all around the area and online, and there should be a significant increase in contestants that it will be an even bigger tournament. I will update you guys more when I get into contact with either the director of the West Newton Teen Center or the owner of Good Time Emporium.
Thank you guys for your patience.

(Unknown...a backup plan at your house is a very very good idea lol)

EDIT: Guys, check the first page of this thread. It has updates on the time of the tourney and admission fee.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
eh....i hope it'll be at teen center, since that is where my friend is willing to drive me...

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i would prefer the teen center if possible, seems less sketchy, but if you can't get the teen center, then go for the other place i guess.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Jeez those teen center guys are terrible.. If you reserved the place in advance than why would it matter if the manager was there or not? Surely he gave them notice before leaving and if he didn't couldn't they just call him and ask if you were telling the truth?? Seems a lot easier than moving the tournament to another place. Whats the address of this Good Times by the way?

xHayatox

Smash Lord
wowwww i wanna go to good times again i miss that place. :o maybe i come but its highly unlikely since like i needa bee back by 12 am so i can go work saturday.. and i get outa work at 6:30 on friday. and 1.30 hrs to good times aka i arrive at 8pm....... dunnnnno bout that mmmmm

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
This might not be the adress, but the place is named good time emporium and is in Somerville.

Good Time Emporium
30 Assembly Square Drive
Somerville, MA 02145

Top Bottom