• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KoreanDJ Presents: 100% POSITIVE!!! TOURNEY: Teen Center at 9/2/05 in WEST NEWTON, MA

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
yeah thats the place, korean says that he still doesn't know where its going to be of those two places. He said that he'll update sometime thursday.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Alright, here's the deal about Good Time Emporium.

Now, the thing about Good Time Emporium is that they would let us use their facilities for FREE, however...not on Friday night. It can happen at Monday through Thursday night. So guys, if you have any suggestions on what night is the best, feel free to speak up. Honestly, I would like a tourney on Thursday Night.

Now here is the deal about the tournament on Friday.

Am I 100% there is a tourney tomorrow? The answer is no. I've been working very hard on getting a spot, and I'm getting frustrating results. I am personally going to the Teen Center because I might have the car for that night. I have tried calling them at least 4 times every day, yet they would NOT pick up the phone, and it is very annoying. So now, I have to go there myself and see if it works.
The idea of a tourney at Unknown Force's house is possible, but most likely it will not happen because I am pretty sure there are not many MA players willing to go to RI.

I will post on the first page the address of the Teen Center just in case the tournament will take place there. The time will be at 5:00 PM that people should come, but the tourney will start around 5:30-5:50 PM. The admission price will be lowered down to $10. I will get more updates later on tonight, so be sure to see the threads at around 10 PM ish.

Peace.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Okay well I think this sounds like a fine option. Think about it; the place is designed for people to play games and such, and the basement was empty the time we were there. So I can see no possible reason why (now that the summer camp thing is done with) they would kick us out, especially since we can tell them that KoreanDJ spoke to the manager in advance, and that they are free to call him up if they do not believe us. Still, I very much doubt that will be an issue. Just be sure to not say anything if you are over 18 and if they ask, say your 18..

I will of course be there, and I'll bring my tournament maker as well as an extra tv/cube. I'll also be more than happy to play any money matches, even with my Pikachu or Young Link.

Plan to come guys, and if worst comes to worst KoreanDJ will know in advance (he said he'd post around 10PM so cheak then) so long as nothing is posted the tournament will be on.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
um, i'll go when i find out where, and the azni will be arriving late cuz of ultimate....>_<

o and unknown, i'll face your pikachu against my roy, friendly not money'd

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
the tourney will be postponed until Thursday, September 1st. It will take place at Good Time. The Teen Center is a no go. Sorry for the wait.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hope isn't lost yet guys. We can still hold this at my house. Remember its really not that far a trip for most MA players, and on the bright side any CT players will now possibly be able to attend. Also for the RI players things will be easier.

Anyway the address is 37 East Hill Way, Wakefield, RI, and the tournament will begin at 4. Feel free to arrive around 3 though. Mapquest gives pretty accurate directions to my house as far as I know, but just to be on the safe side feel free to call up at my house if you get lost. Number is 401-782-2983 and just ask for Kyle.

We can get things running in my basement which is pretty large, and for those who have seen the RI smashfest you'll know that my house is pretty accomidating. Oh we also have a pool table so if anyone plays pool they are free to do so.

Glad we have this backup plan now heh. If people have tv's and cubes they will be greatly appreciated as well.

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, RI is too far away for me to make it. However, I'd like to try and do a smashfest in Arlington as make up for the tournament being postponed again, but I'm not sure which day I should do it. I would probably be sun/mon/tues. If you could go, which of those days would you prefer?

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Lol an even worse outcome than I expected so far.. KoreanDJ MAKE SURE this tournament next Thursday is on 100 percent I beg of you.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
^^what unknown said, cuz i got some friends that have been pissed off cuz it keeps getting postponed.

and BTW, i'm going to be hosting a tourney in Norwood, MA soon. So ya, get ready for that as well....

>_>

Master_Onion

Smash Rookie
yes!

Hey Unknown,
I'm really interested in going... is there a public transportation way to get to Wakefield from Providence? I'm in college here, without a car, and I'd like to meet some RI smashers...

Hope to see you around!

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Alright, an UPDATE:

I've emailed the Good Time manager to reserve a spot at Thursday Night at 5:00 PM. The chances of this happening is very high that a tournament will take place there. Right now, it's a 94% possibility that the tournament is going to happen. Once she replies, I'll make an update again, and will officially confirm.

Second off, a SMASHFEST AT MY HOUSE ON MONDAY, AUGUST 29th, 2005 AT 11 AM TILL 6 PM. BE THERE! Here's my

Hope to see you guys there.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Excellent. Count me in! Lol I just really hope nothing goes wrong this time. Can we show up early for friendlies and money matches? Lol just wondering.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
i hope so....i wanna get some friendlies in using my roy

<_<

*my roy sucks*

xHayatox

Smash Lord
i believe i have thursday off from work today. thank god. maybe i can take the bus up to this piece. i havent been to good times in years. :O it woud be nice to go chill and play some arcade games :D

ZoSo

Smash Champion
If we're getting this place for free, why has the entry fee gone up..? Just a question...

You can probably count us in. Unless I can get my car in and out of the shop by then, I'll once again be counting on Unknown for a ride.

Fair warning, Dan. If this falls through, we are boycotting all KoreanDJ hosted events.

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
The bad news first: Good times has backed out on him.

The good news second: It's possible that my Church may let him do it there (Arlington, about 20 minutes north of Newton). However I need to talk to them and confirm it, so don't get your hopes too high. (DJ, contact me on AIM)

EDIT: Roymaster will also be asking the civic center in Norwood if they can do it. If you know another possible place in greater Boston that can hold a large number of people and has a couple of spare TVs, please post it here and ask the place about it. I really want to see this tourny happen, and if we have a few backup locations we may be able to pull this off.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
I'm going dow the civic center tomorrow to ask, the size of the room will be a little bigger than the basement of the teen center. But this room has furniture such as couches, and it provides 3 TVs. If they allow us, it will be on Friday most likely. and just to tell you, there are 2 pool tables there, and a fooseball thingy, and a table for extra TVs. But i will get the conclusions tomorrow, KoreanDJ and unknownforce, contact me on AIM: LghtCrsder if this thing happen, i will need as much help as possible in setting up

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Omg.. If one of those places dosen't agree to hold it I think I will have to agree with Zoso on this.. Roymaster I will contact you if I see you online. Try to see if you can book it for Thursday though since that was the date most people were expecting. Also DJ I beg of you to cheak the teen youth center. Those idiots can't use the "camp excuse" since Thursday is the first day of September.

By the way Hayato had booked a bus to Boston, so now he booked it for nothing.. This is really getting ridiculous and I have to question why places would cancel reservations three times in a row..

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
eh...thursday will be really short notice to the civic, but i'll see what i can do, and unknown, i'm online like all the time.......might be away though<_<

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Dan's tourney is cancelled since he has no place to run it. Peepz should probably let this thread die, & if Dan does ever get a location, he can start a new thread.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I thought I made a post, but it somehow didn't show up....

So here is the post again in short:

I talked to the Good Time Emporium manager yesterday, and she said that it has to take 2 weeks for preparation with the tourney. She said she wants it done "professionally" by calling in taxis and doing some several fancy stuff, and she says that she would never let an amateur run a tourney at Good Times. She said it should be run by her and not by me, and it would take a while for that to happen. Good Time is gone out of the picture from there.

I've left a message at the teen center because the director is back. However, since Civic is an option, and through the information from RoyMaster2 that Civic will accept all ages, most likely it will be at the Civic. RoyMaster2 will give us the update today.

Now listen guys, I've been trying rlly hard to get a tourney in the past month, and it rlly is dissapointing for me and for everyone else for the tourneys to continuously get postponed. If you guys don't trust me, that's fine, however, I'll still try to get a tourney despite past results. Let's just try to forget the past for now and try to look foward to this tourney instead. All I can say is that I'm rlly sorry for this. If you want to boycott this tourney, that's fine, but for those who are still going to this tourney, thank you so much for your patience. It rlly means a lot to me.

Peace.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
its ok i didnt book the bus ticket thank god :D i had a fishy feeling this might happen. i still might go to boston thursday tho just to hang out and play at good times. its been years. maybe im not so sure yet. so when ur date is finalized den post if not den just keep it at a discussion till its finalized. for poor kids like yoyo whom have already lost 2 sick days for nothing :(

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CIVIC not gunna happen, well they said it's too late notice, but they said they can hold one on the 16th. PLus the hours of the civic is from 9am-6pm, until sept 12th, then it will be 7am-10pm, so if you want a tournament, you'll have to wait til then

sorry, but i tried

unknownforce

Smash Lord
All right I must admit I'm pretty fed up.. Korean you said last time that the summer camp went until the end of August, and Thursday is the FIRST of September. Therefore, there is no reason why it should not be held this day at the Teen Youth Center.

I mean come on now.. If things mess up this time it will be the forth in a row, and thats 4 potential tournaments down the drain..

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to say that my church isn't an option. I guess now the only hope is that the teen center lets us do it there...

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Aight, time 2 let the thread die. No point in makin any more replies really, b/c if some1 plans on holdin a tourney, they can just start a new thread.

DONE.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
ITS NOT DONE.

The tourney is going to be this Friday at The Teen Center in West Newton. I tried asking for Thursday, but he said that Thursday definately would not work. The rental fee is $100 because he needs to hire more staff for that day. It's going to start at 5-5:30 ish, but it would be nice if you guys could come a little earlier than that. TV's and gamecubes would be greatly appreciated. The prizes are different due to the rental fee, and the fee is now $13. I'm sorry, but these steps are required in order for us to have the tourney. And this is 100% positive that there IS a tourney, so mark your calendars for this one.

Thanks for your patience.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Phew.. Looks like we're in the clear after all. Nicely done.

I'm guessing things will start at 5 and we can arrive at 4 right?

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
This is something I have to stress:

If you are over 18, you must make sure you do not say you are over 18. The Teen Center will kick you out if they know that you are 18 and I get into a LOT of trouble because I already told the director that I already talked to the people that only 18 and younger are allowed. If you can, please shave off any facial hair such as beards, mustaches, side burns, etc. because it would look rlly suspicious if you say that you are 17 years old yet somehow you have a pretty grown up mustache and your actually 29 years old. Please go at your own caution, and please at least try to say you are under 18 or that you just graduated high school.

Also, please be careful not to write on things before talking to me. I don't want another whiteboard/$1000 projector mix up again. If that happens again, I will be fined, and I will hold the damager to be the one to pay up for the damage caused.

Please bring Gamecubes and TVs. I can't stress this enough. The more TV's there are, the smoother the tourney is and the more friendlies and crew battles can occur. It'll be rlly nice for that to happen.

Thank you all for your cooperation, and see you on Friday.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
i think i get out at 4:30pm friday. so i am like thanking the lord right now. maybe ill come to this tournament. i might bring just me and my cousin roga. the 2 of us will come. my othre bros wont make it cuz of work issue. i hope i make it in time for this tournament as itwoud take 40 r 50 minutes i suppose to go to newton?? or i can try asking my friend if he has a car. we will see wont we :D

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
HAYATO!!!!!if i go to this tourney......(most likely yes), i WANT a REMATCH WITH ROGA!!!!!!AHHHHH!!!!!!!

My Fox has improved quite a bit, so i want to face his ganon again. :laugh:

xHayatox

Smash Lord
:o go right ahead. lol kids really rusty. im just gonna attempt to make em play again. hes been busy with school and my friends been making us play SSB64 so much that we lost our skills in melee :o hes still good tho he kicked my *** the other day. :O

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
alright im there, good stuff korean. Uh i have money matches with spictom and zoso, don't forget. And ill bring a cube/tv if i go.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if I can go, but if I do... $$ match vs my YLink any1? Mages, Roymaster, BobFungus?

unknownforce

Smash Lord
My young link and Pikachu will be accepting money matches as well should anyone wish to have any =P

ZeroX131

Smash Rookie
Yay! I can go to this. It'll be my first tourney, so I probably don't compare well to you guys at all, so I hope you don't mind. But can someone give me a time when this will get out?

Top Bottom