• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa VS Kefka -- The Endless Tournament ends! Who took home the prize?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Soup is fine because I don't see the need for a maf member to preen at pretending to look all townie, when they have a easy advantage to winning matches with their cheating thing, I don't think soup as Maf would be so self-conscious to not just play normally, the assertion that he's maliciously trying to appear townie doesn't appeal to me, nor make me re-think him yet. Call it rushed or w/e but it's just the feel i got from my interaction with him.

Joker/WATT: What did you think of soup's responses to me ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

What questions am i going to have lol.
Nothing is happening besides this Soup angle and, as I just said, I'm not interested in pursuing that.
I'd make something happen, but i don't have any feels on scum yet. And I'm perfectly content to wait lol.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Didn't like how shallow they felt to me. "It's up to them to prove me scum intent", while a correct answer, is also a rather safe and null one.
why did you think you could **** soup in 77? has his responses changed anything for you on page 3?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
What questions am i going to have lol.
Nothing is happening besides this Soup angle and, as I just said, I'm not interested in pursuing that.
I'd make something happen, but i don't have any feels on scum yet. And I'm perfectly content to wait lol.
Ghebs put forth content. All you've said is he "must be evil" which I'm going to write off as an RVS type thing unless you say otherwise. What's your joker read?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Don't really have one atm.

Since it's joker it's probably safe enough to put at null with a small town lean. His posts are alright. Disagree with his soup angle but that's null. Also disagree with the endgame assertion by kantrip.

Surprised joker didn't put out his little kantrip wifom maf bomb of him stating the obvious confidently to get town cred, but that's also just null right now.

You ?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Don't try to play us for suckers! :bee:

@blue: Both statements need citation. Nothing about WATT's posts disallows other people from making input, not even implicitly. I also don't see them attempting to force anything.
@red: Completely wrong. If what you are accusing WATT of were actually true then it would be a scumtell by all means. You also fail to explain what kind of position you are talking about when you say "such a position" and why they'd want to avoid it.
@green: Why not? In all honesty, it's you who has been making that kind of input - a lot of "captain obvious"-style statements that will either get ignored or be pointed out as such. This looks more like justifying your own play as townie rather than WATT's who really hasn't done anything you've accused him of.

:059:

Oh? Why do you think this? The position being that they're pro-active and clogging the thread, it's something I gut town-read them for now because it matches up with their meta. It's a lot of posting that would bear no reason for them as scum and yes you can argue "They just want to be town-read!" Well jee maybe they're actually town like I am and you people are being stupid? It's not like I can't change my goddamn mind so don't jump down my throat if you don't have something other than conjecture. What? I'm not sure why you're comparing nor do I understand your point to do so. Justifying my own play as townie? Lol, that wasn't the intention at all and you're ****ing nuts, I just wanted to give my reason for town-reading WATT and I've got people like you analyzing me like I made a 10 page case on him or something, calm your horses.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
1. Wots All This Then? (Orboknown/JDietz43)-should probably stfu already tbh
2. pawndidater2 need to hear from
3. Ryker should speak up more.
4. PrivateJoker-Brown aight.
5. Shocodoro Blagshidect (Sephiroths Masamune/Xonar) Talk damnit.
6. thethirdkoopa should post
7. Red Ruy should post more.
8. Gheb_01 aight
9. Picture Perfect (J/WashedLaundry) wtf J post.
10. soup aight
11. Potassium aight
12. Super Fabulous (-Masquerain/Ranmaru) should post more
13. Anomandaris_Rake should prolly post more.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup tells everyone why they're wrong: part 1

But shouldn't be spouting his own townyness in lieu of actually playing like a townie.
Do you want me to give you the same answer I gave Joker? Or do you want me to reword so you understand it? Either way, this point here is garbage because if you can't tell me with a straight that when you're town you want to be read as town then for the love of god just playing mafia right now. I swear if someone comes in here and says "B-but mafia want to be read as town!" well ****ing yes they do and I understand that you think I could be scum just trying to manipulate but it isn't the case. My actions are for that reason because as previously said this is not a normal game and I cannot approach it in the same way I would if it were normal. Do you remember what Acrostic said at the end of Diner's Philosophy? You should really look it up because I feel like Acrostic truly understands why I play the way I do and why people always instigating these ****ty scum-reads out of fear need to ****ing can it. I can't believe I'm breaking out paragraphs to defend myself over something silly as this.

#HBC | ѕoup

Why does it matter if people trust you?
Because I'm town and I want people to not waste 3 pages trying to misread me based on crappy meta and jumping to conclusions. I want people to trust me so I can move further in the bracket for the town.

#HBC | ѕoup

Didn't like how shallow they felt to me. "It's up to them to prove me scum intent", while a correct answer, is also a rather safe and null one.
why did you think you could **** soup in 77? has his responses changed anything for you on page 3?

It's called baiting for a reaction and forcing people to solidify their stances so I can read them better. I do it all the time.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
but you being trusted has nothing to do with getting farther in the bracket unless you're gunning for bye's every round.You'll still need to actually win the matches which can't be done with inthread actions.
getting to the acro thing.

#HBC | ѕoup

I love it when my scumplay becomes so infamous that everything I do to seem townie is actually just me being a scum mastermind bent on the destruction of the whole town.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Soup tells everyone why they're wrong: part 1

Do you want me to give you the same answer I gave Joker? Or do you want me to reword so you understand it? Either way, this point here is garbage because if you can't tell me with a straight that when you're town you want to be read as town then for the love of god just playing mafia right now. I swear if someone comes in here and says "B-but mafia want to be read as town!" well ****ing yes they do and I understand that you think I could be scum just trying to manipulate but it isn't the case. My actions are for that reason because as previously said this is not a normal game and I cannot approach it in the same way I would if it were normal. Do you remember what Acrostic said at the end of Diner's Philosophy? You should really look it up because I feel like Acrostic truly understands why I play the way I do and why people always instigating these ****ty scum-reads out of fear need to ****ing can it. I can't believe I'm breaking out paragraphs to defend myself over something silly as this.
OK. I read what acro said and I can agree with it, but I still ask that when you're asked about something you don't say "well as town I" and just point back to your play itself.

#HBC | ѕoup

It's not going to be the case for the whole game, trust me. It's only relevant here because that's what's being talked about.

#HBC | ѕoup

1. Wots All This Then? (Orboknown/JDietz43)-should probably stfu already tbh
2. pawndidater2 need to hear from
3. Ryker should speak up more.
4. PrivateJoker-Brown aight.
5. Shocodoro Blagshidect (Sephiroths Masamune/Xonar) Talk damnit.
6. thethirdkoopa should post
7. Red Ruy should post more.
8. Gheb_01 aight
9. Picture Perfect (J/WashedLaundry) wtf J post.
10. soup aight
11. Potassium aight
12. Super Fabulous (-Masquerain/Ranmaru) should post more
13. Anomandaris_Rake should prolly post more.

I disagree with your Gheb read.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
A scum has more of a chance to win in a regular match like Nabe has implied. It's very likely that I would come out as the winner between a match against a townie.
He's literally describing the situation from the perspective of being scum who wants to defeat town. It totally looks like something that could be interpreted as a scumslip.

I thought it might be a too, but I never put any stock in word slips because it's very easy for people to just take things out of context. There's no reason for us to assume soup isn't just referring to a hypothetical situation where he's scum, because that's what he's being accused of.

Super Fabulous

Joey|Ranmaru
Kantrip's soup thing is so blegh. So much blegh. Soup is just fine for now. Him stating obvious whatever facts for whatever reason is null.
Stop trying so hard to read him as scum.
How does this affect your read on Kantry?

Wots All This Then? have been actively trying to do a lot of work both in-thread and in our hotel room. They're a pretty cool hydra. Soup's assertion that they're excited about rolling town and are subsequently clogging up the thread is stupid. I don't see them being excited at all, nor are they clogging up anything. They're just diving into important issues while soup's hotel room talks about "hey guys we should probably give beneficial things to town instead of mafia." Soup's play so far is really irking me. Captain obvious on duty.
Underlined, what does that matter? Doesn't really show much scum intent. You disliking soup to dislike him? :smash:

Yea, no. You're going to give us content. not just pop in and out early on asking mechanics questions.

You just telling him to won't prod him to post. Just let time pass by (not game days) and then take notes on him viewing and not saying a thing. If he doesn't contribute he'll be looked at with more scrutiny. Otherwise you are going to clog the thread with many "no, post" posts.

Picture Perfect

J|Washed Laundry
Do my eyes deceive me? Did the Day phase really start? Good. Hi everyone. Our room was discussing how we would use the byes, and we've come to the conclusion that it would be better to give townies a bye instead of the MAF. Does anyone disagree? I understand that isn't a Mafia game at heart but there are plenty of tools to scumhunt here and I don't want people to ignore them.
sup captain obvious how u doin

Top Bottom