• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa VS Kefka -- The Endless Tournament ends! Who took home the prize?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
To that end gheb, I don't see anything in the OP that mentions getting rid of players during the phases aside form tourney elimination. That alone should tell you we need to go about it differently.
I actually do recall reading something to the effect that we can vote to remove someone from the game. It's a one time use thing, though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I actually do recall reading something to the effect that we can vote to remove someone from the game. It's a one time use thing, though.

Let's use it on PJB! :bee:

For serious though, other than that one-shot "lynch" we have nothing that allows us to attack the mafia in a coordinated manner. It basically just comes down to townies beating scumbags in bracket plus a bunch of individual win-cons that make us pseudo-indies.

:059:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Also, I think townies should cheat whenever they think they can get away with it. I'm going to tell you right and upfront that I'm not scared because if you're up against a MAF it's likely they're cheating regardless. Even if you get caught (Hint: Tourney Cop can only check one match) then you only lose one point. It's not any different than losing in this regard.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Also, I think townies should cheat whenever they think they can get away with it. I'm going to tell you right and upfront that I'm not scared because if you're up against a MAF it's likely they're cheating regardless. Even if you get caught (Hint: Tourney Cop can only check one match) then you only lose one point. It's not any different than losing in this regard.
Pretty much this.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm pretty sure WATT is town just excited that he rolled town and feels the need to clog the thread.

#HBC | ѕoup

Knocking them out of the tournament by winning matches.

Super Fabulous

Joey|Ranmaru
Hmmms. Guys. Maybe we should talk about characters movesets as we play them and learn. That way town has more chances of beating others, who may be mafia. Or should we only do so with our own roommates?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hmmms. Guys. Maybe we should talk about characters movesets as we play them and learn. That way town has more chances of beating others, who may be mafia.

Somebody thinks he's smart! :bee:

But I am not entirely convinced. Talking about characters the way you suggested will also make the info available for scum. It might not be as good an idea as you think it is because the cons could outweigh the pros - potentially by a lot.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^ post 59 lines up with that process Gheb.

That's good to know! :bee:

I wasn't sure what you were talking about in that post as its wording was pretty confusing. But it's definitely a better suggestions than fab's because it allows us to keep the info to ourselves until we can catch somebody in a contradiction. I'm very much OK with that plan.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
That's good to know! :bee:

I wasn't sure what you were talking about in that post as its wording was pretty confusing. But it's definitely a better suggestions than fab's because it allows us to keep the info to ourselves until we can catch somebody in a contradiction. I'm very much OK with that plan.

Yea, sorry about that. We individually keep track of that information ourselves, then(basically) interrogate people once we have enough info later on. If we get that far in and stuff is still relatively unknown, we can have town's collective scumpicks room with the most obvtownie we have and have them claim info to them in private. Pretty sure we can do that since room requests are publicly made.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wots All This Then? have been actively trying to do a lot of work both in-thread and in our hotel room. They're a pretty cool hydra. Soup's assertion that they're excited about rolling town and are subsequently clogging up the thread is stupid. I don't see them being excited at all, nor are they clogging up anything. They're just diving into important issues while soup's hotel room talks about "hey guys we should probably give beneficial things to town instead of mafia." Soup's play so far is really irking me. Captain obvious on duty.

#HBC | ѕoup

A lot of work that isn't really any work at all. They're clogging the thread because they're not allowing anyone to give any input and they seem to be forcing things. It's townie of them because I don't believe either slot would put themselves in such a position nor waste their time asking a bunch of stupid things that will either A) Inevitably get answered or B) Ignored completely. Your move, Kantplay.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Ugh, kantrip. Am i going to have to try reading you ? Just level with me: You town ?

J-Hydra: Don't fight me on ****. just let me lead town and we'll be fine. Please don't be silly and lynch me like in Cirmafia, because that will make me very sad-panda.

Kantrip's soup thing is so blegh. So much blegh. Soup is just fine for now. Him stating obvious whatever facts for whatever reason is null.
Stop trying so hard to read him as scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

Don't try and read Kantrip early in the game. He doesn't like to reveal his intentions until he feels he has a lead on something. How he does it what decides him between scum and town.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Pawn: Hi. be my friend and follow me around all today, I'll feel much safer.

Gheb's happy, must be up to evil.

back later.

/out

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Soup with a lot of ninja. I suppose that works, but I mean, i never read kantrip wrong ever, so....yeah I'mma be real cocky and probably end up not following what is reasonably sound advice.

Soup: I think I can like you for now, why would you value a bye over the opportunity to win more points ? Or rather, if this was the only bye you ever got, would you still want it now ? if you plan on cheating, then wouldn't it be easier to just go that route an win a extra point ?

#HBC | ѕoup

I just wanted to show my town intention and I wanted people to trust me. Whether I get the Bye or not is up to the discretion of others. I won't beg for it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

By stating that, aren't you worried a whole bunch of people will be silly an go:

"Well, look at Soup. Going for dat soft town tell. Must be scum play" and get all up in your business ?

Who do you trust ? Would you go so far as to say that your comfortable with WATT after seeing them earlier ? Who makes you the least comfortable (who makes you pause and go: This guy I'mma need to read real deep like) ?

After this I'll leave you alone :D

#HBC | ѕoup

If they want to show me up and somehow prove I have scum intention in my actions then be my guest. I have no reason to worry because the only thing I really have to look out for is winning in matches and moving farther up in the brackets. I'm fine with WATT. Least comfortable? I don't know yet.

Top Bottom