• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa VS Kefka -- The Endless Tournament ends! Who took home the prize?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Hmmmmm.

Yeah, Soup is fine for now.

Kantrip getting all up in soup's face is null.

We should only use the "remove" by a vote, and we should only use it early on I think.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Rake I kind of wanted you in my hotel room so you would try to read me. I'd appreciate if you did, it helps me read you too.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I disagree that soup is fine. He's scumtelling all over the place. Townsoup wouldn't be spending this much time talking about how townie he is, he would just act like a ****ing townie.

You can call me paranoid if you want to, it doesn't make it go away.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
A Townie wants to be read as Town.
But good townies don't waste time talking about how townie they look. They just do it. You're a player who knows better. That is some **** that I thought when I was a noob, and it's **** I've pretended to still believe when trying to appear noobtown as scum.

Kantrip

Kantplay
But good townies don't waste time talking about how townie they look. They just do it. You're a player who knows better. That is some **** that I thought when I was a noob, and it's **** I've pretended to still believe when trying to appear noobtown as scum.
Oh god Joker I love you.

Your alignment is always so transparent to me and I'm glad you're town. Have another Kantplay endgame pass.

Let me read the rules to see if I'm supposed to give a Bye to my biggest townread

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think I'd actually like a bye, so I guess I'll just try to show everyone how town I am so I can get one.

Request to join Room 2

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

This isn't a conventional mafia game. You need to stop setting yourself up a standard as to what I would do from another game, because it isn't the same case. You understand this, right? You understand that I might want to change my approach to fit the game? I am in no fear of being lynched anytime soon, and the only thing I need to look out for, as previously mentioned, is winning matches and moving higher up in the brackets.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
But you can still be investigated by the tourney cop, therefore wish to appear townie. Don't pretend that acting scummy is justified because the setup is different, soup.

#HBC | ѕoup

The Tourney Cop only checks if you're cheating and has to make a guess on the MAF at the end of a cycle. I think I'll be good until then.

#HBC | ѕoup

I want you to tell me my scum intention behind playing the way I am. Why does getting the Bye benefit me more than just matching the match?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
because it takes the bye away from a townie? Like, you were the one who came into the game and told us that giving the Byes to townies was beneficial to town. It stands to reason that it'd be beneficial to scum too.

#HBC | ѕoup

A scum has more of a chance to win in a regular match like Nabe has implied. It's very likely that I would come out as the winner between a match against a townie.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
unless the townie got a bye ,which means he progresses in bracket without having to fight you, or anyone. This why scum taking the bye away from town is beneficial to them, even if they don't need it.

#HBC | ѕoup

That's actually a fair point that I didn't consider.

Bye: Joker

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
soup is absolutely not fine. The more I talk to him, the more clear it becomes.

Rake's opinion that soup is fine either has malicious intention behind it, or it was just an uber rushed opinion. I'm thinking the latter is likely.

#HBC | ѕoup

You and Kantrip are so silly, but I only solidly town-read you right now.

Kantrip

Kantplay

Rake's opinion that soup is fine either has malicious intention behind it, or it was just an uber rushed opinion. I'm thinking the latter is likely.
I wouldn't rule out the former. I don't like Rake so far, in thread or in our hotel room.

Bye: Potassium

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm not ruling out the former, but i have no reason to jump to that conclusion. If you know something I don't know, based on your hotel room convos, I'd be interested to hear it.

Bye: Joker

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@nabe what happens with matches when theres an uneven amount of players
My bag of dice comes out and someone gets an unexpected Bye.

Everyone should feel free to PM me and argue about whether or not this is fine / alternative solutions to this problem, because it's not covered in my ruleset, and an actual tournament manager person would listen to an angry mob.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hmmms. Guys. Maybe we should talk about characters movesets as we play them and learn. That way town has more chances of beating others, who may be mafia. Or should we only do so with our own roommates?
The downside is you make that info available to mafia as well making it public.

Gonna weigh on the pros and cons of this though, since like Nabe's past games it depends on what could change with this that would make it a problem.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Joker what about Soup's responses give you the intent that Soup is mafia trying to look townie over posting this as a townie.

Based on what he responded to and when he did.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Joker what about Soup's responses give you the intent that Soup is mafia trying to look townie over posting this as a townie.

Based on what he responded to and when he did.
The fact that he's almost going so far as to say "look at me guys! I'm being so townie!"

Like, I'm exaggerating it a little bit there, but that's the way I view it. It doesn't seem like soup is answering questions the way soup would normally answer questions. It seems like he's answering them the way he thinks a townie would. It's off. It very much reminds me of the way I post when I'm mafia, trying to look like noobtown.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The fact that he's almost going so far as to say "look at me guys! I'm being so townie!"

Like, I'm exaggerating it a little bit there, but that's the way I view it. It doesn't seem like soup is answering questions the way soup would normally answer questions. It seems like he's answering them the way he thinks a townie would. It's off. It very much reminds me of the way I post when I'm mafia, trying to look like noobtown.
Let's retrace back a second on this.

Do you think the other possibility of him being town and just being blunt and honest with what he is doing is possible?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Anything's possible, but that's not what it looks like. I don't think townsoup goes around talking about why his actions are townie looking, but scumsoup does do that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Haven't read. Popping in to tell Soup that I don't like the idea he posted in our QT. Will look at it, and this thread, in more detail either tomorrow or monday.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
A lot of work that isn't really any work at all. They're clogging the thread because they're not allowing anyone to give any input and they seem to be forcing things. It's townie of them because I don't believe either slot would put themselves in such a position nor waste their time asking a bunch of stupid things that will either A) Inevitably get answered or B) Ignored completely. Your move, Kantplay.

Don't try to play us for suckers! :bee:

@blue: Both statements need citation. Nothing about WATT's posts disallows other people from making input, not even implicitly. I also don't see them attempting to force anything.
@red: Completely wrong. If what you are accusing WATT of were actually true then it would be a scumtell by all means. You also fail to explain what kind of position you are talking about when you say "such a position" and why they'd want to avoid it.
@green: Why not? In all honesty, it's you who has been making that kind of input - a lot of "captain obvious"-style statements that will either get ignored or be pointed out as such. This looks more like justifying your own play as townie rather than WATT's who really hasn't done anything you've accused him of.

:059:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Anything's possible, but that's not what it looks like. I don't think townsoup goes around talking about why his actions are townie looking, but scumsoup does do that.
Fair enough, I'm thinking about if he was putting too much focus on it or not. But given what Ryker just posted I wanna know what Soup posted in his room.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Wots All This Then? have been actively trying to do a lot of work both in-thread and in our hotel room. They're a pretty cool hydra. Soup's assertion that they're excited about rolling town and are subsequently clogging up the thread is stupid. I don't see them being excited at all, nor are they clogging up anything. They're just diving into important issues while soup's hotel room talks about "hey guys we should probably give beneficial things to town instead of mafia." Soup's play so far is really irking me. Captain obvious on duty.
Can you show me quotes on the soup bit?
I just wanted to show my town intention and I wanted people to trust me. Whether I get the Bye or not is up to the discretion of others. I won't beg for it.
Why does it matter if people trust you?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Hmmmmm.

Yeah, Soup is fine for now.

Kantrip getting all up in soup's face is null.

We should only use the "remove" by a vote, and we should only use it early on I think.
Talk to me about soup. Also removal should be saved for mid/late game since we know the exact town/scum ratio right off the bat. If we know we're getting in trouble numbers wise, it should be a last ditch save.
A Townie wants to be read as Town.
But shouldn't be spouting his own townyness in lieu of actually playing like a townie.
A scum has more of a chance to win in a regular match like Nabe has implied. It's very likely that I would come out as the winner between a match against a townie.
Kantrip Rake and Joker tell me why I don't like this post(hint-word choice) Actually rake should answer that first then the other two can do it in any order.

Actually our hotel room convo plus rakes posting so far definitely has him as a scumlean for me.
Mod-Can you change your bye vote once it is made or is it locked in? also can we get a bye votecount?
Haven't read. Popping in to tell Soup that I don't like the idea he posted in our QT. Will look at it, and this thread, in more detail either tomorrow or monday.
Wait. We didn't get a qt for our hotel room. We got a conversation made. dafuq?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
It's likely he would come out ahead because of hidden nefarious means. wrt your word choice question.

Top Bottom