• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

Flayl

Smash Hero
Seriously, assume it works by default because if it doesn't the options you have really aren't that great. Forced air release FAir is your next choice.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Depends on the situation. Unless you want your opponent offstage, a Dthrow is generally better then a grab release Fair.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Strictly damage-wise air release FAir is better. Definitely use it in matchups where you should never be FAir'ing, like against G&W. In my opinion anyway.

Flayl

Smash Hero
You can probably find a Bowser that says there are situations where you can FAir G&W reliably, I just don't see it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Is there any significant application for the c-stick?

In other words, is there any signifcant reason why you need to keep the c-stick set to smashes?

If not, do you guys t-stick? Because if c-sticking isn't really important (which it doesn't seem to me that it is, unless there's an AT I don't know about), I'd say t-sticking is alot better, there's more options for Bowser than you get from c-sticking.

What do you guys think?

B!squick

Smash Master
If you push the control stick just right you'll do a Jab with the c-stick if it's set to Tilts and Firebreath if it's set to Specials. It's weird. O_o

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I don't tilt stick at all. I just use the normal controls for Bowser really.

The "advantage" is that you lose your insta-smashes(?) in the gain of the ability to use any tilt with ease, but other than that, there's no real huge difference.

Oh, besides the fact that you can walkoff DAir and actually live, but since Bowser only has a lolsemi-spike, it's a waste.

Special-Sticking or whatever it's called (b-sticking? What I'm talking about is mapping your c-stick to specials) is useless as hell.

My questions are:

1: Klawhopping goes over bananas right? And so I avoid smartass responses, I mean literally Klawhopping directly OVER the banana, NOT jumping around it (obviously jumping over the thing works)
2: Can we (Bowser) catch bananas being thrown at us with KJ'd (KlawJump'd) Aerials? (Pretty sure we can catch bananas being thrown at us with any aerial if timed right)
3: Can we Z-Catch bananas being thrown at us with a KlawJump? (doubt this)
4: Can we get a lying banana with a KJ'd Aerial?

I'm going to guess No, Yes, Yes, No with this one. I'm guessing No on the 4th because my guess is No on the first question. If the first theory/question is possible, then the 4th may be as well. I'll check it tomorrow if no one answers, assuming I wake up before 12 PM lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How do you guys feel about Bowser in low tier doubles?

I'm teaming with YOSH (Yoshi, obviously, haha) at WHOBO for LT doubles. Bowser's easily my best low tier, but I'm debating using Jigglypuff over Bowser since Bowser can get combo'd pretty hard in doubles.

B!squick

Smash Master
Nah, use Bowser. Partly because he's your best which makes him an obvious first choice, but also because you can tank stocks for Yoshi. I know I don't play in tournaments, but I assume a pair of light characters isn't recommended for doubles unless it's G&W. Bucket Braking for the win.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
UpB -> Ledge is a pretty safe option in doubles...it sucks in Brawl regardless but as long as you're facing the opposite direction of the ledge and you steer correctly you should be fine.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Nah, use Bowser. Partly because he's your best which makes him an obvious first choice, but also because you can tank stocks for Yoshi. I know I don't play in tournaments, but I assume a pair of light characters isn't recommended for doubles unless it's G&W. Bucket Braking for the win.
Yoshi isn't light.
He's quite heavy actually.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Ganon is ALWAYS the better choice, in Singles or Doubles.

Assuming you don't mind having a lower chance of winning than you already do.

Godzillabr

Smash Rookie
ganon good in doubles?
lol
we just gimp ganon with whatever char we're playing using 2/3 attacks and a edgehog, his rec sucks and he lose stocks too fast.

Shök

Smash Champion
ganon good in doubles?
lol
we just gimp ganon with whatever char we're playing using 2/3 attacks and a edgehog, his rec sucks and he lose stocks too fast.
then u hit him 4 massive damage olollolol

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
"What are you talking about? I, nothing more(?), didn't say anything. It wasn't my intention to make fun of him."

I just tried to translate that off of the top of my head...I know a decent amount of Spanish and I'm learning even more thanks to classes. At least they seem useful now.. :l

Exactly 1 month until I come home. Yipeee.

B!squick

Smash Master
Spanish was optional for me in high school. I wish I'd taken when I started working at Burger King though. >.> The ratio of Spanish speaking employees to the English speakers was very one sided, lol.

Shök

Smash Champion
"What are you talking about? I, nothing more(?), didn't say anything. It wasn't my intention to make fun of him."
Very close. ;)

"What are you talking about? I, only, said something. It wasn't my intention to make fun of him."

Limit is teh pwnz in spanish? :o

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Spanish class all day son. ;o

I didn't know nadamas meant only...I thought it meant nothing more. Oh well, one word off. Oh, and algo. lul

-Cross-

Smash Ace
What does it mean to time UpB out of shield properly to get max invincibility frames? Like what type of timing is it asking for?

Flayl

Smash Hero
I think he's asking how do you perform UpB so there are no vulnerable frames between the shield disappearing and the fortress starting.

Just press Jump + Up+ B at the same time?

Top Bottom