• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I somehow have this in my subscriptions so while I'm here, I have a question.

I play a guy named kingkoopa or kingklaw or something on the aib ladder and he was on delfino and he koopacided me and survived it. How does that work? Is he jumping in a small frame opening or something?

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
It was me :)
when u do a bowsercide u have a small frame window to jump between the time your opponent die and you.
You have just to learn the timing but its kinda difficult

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Wait you can survive bowsercide? Kong could you upload it to BowserReplay's

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Phiddlesticks has a video on the places where you can survive Bowsercides. If someone isn't as lazy as I am, pinpoint him to the video lol

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Oh, I thought you could do it like on any stage at any time never mind I didn't realize it was so situational I guess thats why I haven't heard about it

B!squick

Smash Master
Lol, wouldn't that be nuts if Bowser could survive a Bowsercide whenever he wanted? That might put him in B tier, or at least C.

B!squick

Smash Master
Who, Bowser? I know, right? XD Learning to time those Jab cancels and buffer things out of grab releases are the only hard things.

I guess I'll actually ask a question. If you could totally remake one of Bowser's moves, what would it be and what would you do to it?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hold b for firebreath - tab b for fireball.

or throwing hammers or SOMETHING.

bowser is always throwin stuff.

also make klaw exactly like melee's klaw - except with an up and down throw - up throw can be bowsercide that we're used to - sure.

fsmash should do NO DAMAGE and NO KNOCKBACK, instead - simply remove a single stock.

i guess that's more than one move.

lol

there is much i'd like for bowser that there is.

-MCT-

Smash Cadet
fsmash should do NO DAMAGE and NO KNOCKBACK, instead - simply remove a single stock.
I wonder if the guys that are hacking Brawl to make Brawl Minus could do that. I guess I'll have to ask.

I wish Bowser could spam hammers, too :\

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hahaha that'd be so tight

EDIT: i always thought bowser's final smash should be "summon gimpyfish" but hey maybe i'm biased a little bit LOL

;P

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm thinking about going all Bowser next tournament. Convince me: What are the advantages Bowser has over PT?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Don't go all Bowser, theres no shame in playing someone else to deal with bad matchups.
I'm thinking about going all Bowser for just one tournament, for the most part, and seeing how I fare. Depending on how I do, I'll use either Bowser or PT as more of a main.

-MCT-

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking about going all Bowser for just one tournament, for the most part, and seeing how I fare. Depending on how I do, I'll use either Bowser or PT as more of a main.
I did the same for both Bowser and DK once. It was pretty fun because having just one character forces you to think carefully and use all the options you've got at their best.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I play D3 and Marth in brawl I really want to pick up Bowser because to be honest this is the only cool character specific board :S but right now I've been playin melee gettin my gannon good Im sure as hell not playin bowser in melee but bowser would be cool

SHOULD I START PLAYIN BRAWL AS BOOZER?

speakin of which who here played melee boozer?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I played Melee Bowser until I realized he sucked. Which was about an hour into the game.

I use JigglyBAMF, Marth and Falco. In Melee I mean. In Brawl I obviously use Bowser...but I also use R.O.B., Falco and Snake. I would use Metaknight if I had a clue of what I was doing when I used him, lol.

I don't get the statement--how does the BEST melee bowser SUCK with Bowser? If he's the best _____, he obviously has to be skilled with ______ <_<

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yea I played him in Melee too, but if I wanted to win I'd play Doctor Mario or Ganondorf.

Same thing for Kirby, he really sucked in Melee.

Now I use Bowser, R.O.B. and Kirby.

GreenFox

Smash Ace

I don't get the statement--how does the BEST melee bowser SUCK with Bowser? If he's the best _____, he obviously has to be skilled with ______ <_<
Because no matter how good you are with bowser on melee you will still suck thats why

I mean theyd be good Im really just tryin to point out how bad bowser is in melee :/

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i beat a lot of really good players in melee with bowser

but i'm not tryign to say he doesn't suck

he sucks

SOOOOOO bad.

man. he's horrible.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Bowser in Melee makes me cry.

Bowser in Brawl makes me cry, but tears of slight joy. Just slight.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Another question where did you guys get your bowser plush's and how much did you pay I found some ridiculous like $40 one but thats way to much

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Hi guise.

I'm discovering these boards because I'm about to pick Bowser as a secondary, and I must say it's a pretty sweet place.

Can you please tell me if you think that Bowser gets ***** by someone else than D3, and how good he fairs against MK, GW and Olimar ?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Bowser gets ***** by Ice Climbers and smart Metaknights. King Dedede really is NOT that hard of a matchup. I may be just region biased because Dedede's small step chaingrab is banned, but other than that it doesn't get any worse than 60-40. People really overrate it too much. There are much, much more difficult and prevalent problems when using Bowser than the D3 MU.

Some other bad/awkward matchups are Lucario, Pikachu, ZSS & Diddy Kong.

Like I said before, Bowser sucks against an MK that knows what he's doing (unless you're on FD, then you have a shot)

G&W is...meh. It's not that difficult of a match if you just stay put and don't do anything stupid. However, according to A2ZOMG it's impossible on Battlefield and is an overall 30-70 Matchup. Whether you believe that or not is really up to you, lmao.

Olimar is...a pain in the *** for me, but it's not horrifyingly difficult like playing against IC's. It is very frustrating however, just like Diddy Kong.

EDIT: Because I'm bored/still looking for secondaries/etc:

Do you guys think any character has a somewhat similar playstyle to Bowser? I mean, obviously no one relies on grab releases, but I mean like tilts/a defensive shield campy playstyle <_<

I'm currently working on G&W so he's put; but besides that I have no one else. I WAS working on Marth because he is one of, if not THE the best secondary for Bowser...

Thanks for answering my question if you do ._.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Limit, it depends on the players of your area. Which characters are giving you a hard time?

Top Bottom