• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
why is it I do not see enough people using the great koopa king, I mean I dont use him but I vs this really good bowser player earlier today, and in my mind why dont people use this beauty
Because he's bad.

Plus the fact of being easily hit (plus other several stuff related to his size) makes winning with him a turnoff to people when they can do the same, albeit more efficient, with Metaknight.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
i picked bowser, because i like a challenge.

whats the best way to handle Ness / Marth?
Ness is easy, like, loleasy.

Only thing you really have to watch if fair and PK Fire. Up B the fair given the opportunity, and grab him as soon as you can. if you can grab him, thats basically a stock if you're smart.

Just play it safe, punish, etc, etc, up B OOS is your friend here.

Marth is much more complicated, and not a trash character.

Marth generally outranges you, so you up b after that first SHFair hits your shield, and when you can punish Marth, hit him hard.

Fire is basically useless, since he can DI towards you and Dolphin Slash your face off. That isn't recommended.

Just play like normal, but try to abuse YOUR range moreso than normal. And, Marth can't kill you (minus tippers) until rather late percents, so that's a big plus. Check the matchup thread for more indepth Marth discussion.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Hey has anyone seen JayDeth around? I haven't seen him post around here in a while. :p

Seriously though mate it doesn't bother me if you make it, as long as it is informative and helpful go right ahead.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Right.

Normally if I don't reply to something like that it means it's your choice, lol. I'm usually to lazy to go out of my way for something.

/johns

SforzendaiZair

Smash Cadet
Question, i am sort of new to the boards but, is the down B overly useful?? I have been having difficulties using it
and at what point/does bowser bair have a sweet spot?

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Down B is generally good for surprise kills and returning to the ledge, and occasionally out of a grab release.

Bowser's Bair pretty much sweet spots at the whole shell, but occasionally you will hit witrh a weaker, outer part at the end of the spikes which has very low knockback.

SforzendaiZair

Smash Cadet
ty, one more quick question for the momment, Has anyone used the dair to edge guard with its wind besides me? (i know this might be off topic srry)

Atria

Smash Journeyman
ty, one more quick question for the momment, Has anyone used the dair to edge guard with its wind besides me? (i know this might be off topic srry)
Umm...I don't really use Bowser's Dair as an edge guard because I think that the wind push back is a bit insignificant as it doesn't really push them THAT far. Also, if it is good, your opponent may still be able to latch on to the edge with their ^B move and you may get hit in the process (depending on the character's ^B move) because of the large landing lag Bowser's Dair has.

You are probably better off using his Down B (careful with this one.) or the fire breath to edge guard opponents. I think the fire breath is better though. However, be aware of characters who have a good recovery like MK because they can just jump over the fire breath's range.

B!squick

Smash Master
Probably something similar to the thing you can do with DK's UpB and a sloped section of stage where you keep the invincibility frames, since I noticed that Bowser kept his.

SforzendaiZair

Smash Cadet
Ivysaur is bad but can be ownage in the right persons hands, bullet seed ultmaite areial defence can stop nearly all of Bowsers areil, the only thing that sucks with him is his bup, which i still haven't found away to succefully edge guard, without getting hit!

SforzendaiZair

Smash Cadet
O.o; it spikes???? dang, note to self never try and air battle freind off stage, i get killed by enough chars thanks to spikes!!! (Bowser is to big somtimes ><;)

MrEh

Smash Hero
Pokemon Trainer is still serious business though. (for Bowser anyway) It's Bowser after all, and he doesn't have that big of an advantage on anyone. ^^

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Correction ; Squirtle is serious business.

The only other one you COULD have major problems with is Ivy, but it isn't that bad.

Charizard is just lol.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Shield says hi.

But, to get the thread back on track, I believe we should have a doubles thread for applicable partners (even though Bowser is pretty bad in doubles, but eh)

KvC Prolimar

Smash Rookie
Hi. I have a noob question..but, if you could answer, it would help me a LOT ! :D

It is simple..I admire everyone who plays as Bowser in SSBB and I would like to learn how to play with him..but I just don't know how to control him or what to do in battle..

So. What are the basic things I need to pratice with Bowser?
Thank you very much !!

Ah..and sorry if I asked in the wrong place, I'm new to smashboards.com . :dizzy:

SforzendaiZair

Smash Cadet
does the bforward hop actually help alot??? I see it on videos alot but i have yet to see some one in a tourny pull off one that is even remotly usefull(9/10 they get killed for doing it)

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
9/10 they didn't do it right.

It's usefulness can not really be explained, it's something you learn as you play mroe with Bowser and devolop your own uses for.

SforzendaiZair

Smash Cadet
ahh okay...

Liquid Gen: I noticed this just noe..^^; are you going to make a thread like that??? It would be really helpfull since there are only two cahrs in brawl i can even play remotely well.... (not including metaknight) ROB and bowser so a thread based on that would help alot!

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Does any of Bowser smashs break throught lucas upsmash?
I don't think it's really worth it, even IF you are able to do so. Probably Bowser's FSmash SAF frames could help in attacking Lucas during the USmash, but you'll still take a butt load of damage (Depending on your timing I guess.) despite getting no knock-back at all from the attack. You probably should just punish him during the end lag of the attack because Bowser can't really afford to accumulate damage unlike some other heavy characters in the game because he is the easiest heavy weight character to hit IMO.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I don't think it's really worth it, even IF you are able to do so. Probably Bowser's FSmash SAF frames could help in attacking Lucas during the USmash
There's no super armor of Bowser's Fsmash, sadly.

However, the Fsmash will beat it as long as you hit Lucas with the disjointed part.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
There's no super armor of Bowser's Fsmash, sadly.

However, the Fsmash will beat it as long as you hit Lucas with the disjointed part.
WHAAAT?! Really? Oh, it's no big deal I guess. However, I looked at a PT guide the other week and they said that "Although Charizard's FSmash lacks SAF frames, it has more range and is quicker than Bowser's FSmash." Hmm...I just looked at it again and apparently someone else is taking care of the guide now and it has been edited recently.

Oh well, I've just started with Bowser. It's not like I've tried to abuse them anyway luckily. Although it isn't true now, didn't it use to be a rumor or was it just me the whole time because I'm pretty sure I picked it up from somewhere...

Top Bottom