• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Knitting a Yoshi Chart - MU Portal

Doublenickels

Smash Cadet
NNID
IamDoublenickels
I'd like to chime in on this Rosalina stuff, since my sparring/double partner happens to main Rosalina.

What Egg. says is probably correct, this matchup requires tremendous effort on both sides. The disjoints on uair and dair for Rosi are absolutely hellish when playing as Yoshi it really limits landing options and uair finishes. As far as egg lay is concerned, while it is true that Luma can protect the egg, as long as you're quick, it's a free upsmash on both Rosi and Luma, even if you're too slow to get it, you've just tacked on 7%. And yes, a smart Rosi player can live awhile vs. Yoshi but a big problem a Rosi player will run into is how to recover, ledge skip on your up B? Bam! Running Upsmash. Try to grab the ledge? Look out, bair is an easy stage spike. Keep in mind her upB has no hitbox so it is pretty easy to toy with her and get a kill off of that .

I do agree with with Kaishin on the point about Rosalina being unable to gimp Yoshi, it might happen on a rare occasion, but it isn't likely. However, nairing out of the jab combo from Rosalina is not that easy, it is almost always better to DJ away, but you're right, it's less of a factor than in other MUs. The point I think you may be mistaken in is that part about Yoshi's kill options. Yoshi's have to get creative with kill setups, so they may seem diverse, but remember that these aren't guaranteed setups, most of the kills I get when playing Yoshi are either offstage luck, hard reads or some sort of goofy shenanigans (grab release tomfoolery and on stage spikes into uair/usmash.) especially against Rosi.

Kaishin

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really active in competitive play, but I think some of the things @ Kaishin Kaishin said about the Rosalina matchup don't swing it that far in Yoshi's favor.

Rosalina has many disjointed hitboxes, so Yoshi's Down+B and Uair can be easily interrupted by a well placed dair/uair or usmash. Aerial Down+B is really unsafe and can be punished on landing, or even with a simple uair. As for his smash attacks, they're pretty telegraphed since they're our only really reliable kill moves on the ground - plus fsmash and dsmash have a lot of ending lag. Yoshi also doesn't have any guaranteed kill setups, so a smart opponent can often live to pretty high percentages. We have small hitboxes in general and no disjoints, so Rosalina can use that to her advantage to keep Yoshi out of her face. Also, I think that our Neutral+B is mostly useless in this matchup since Luma can just attack us while Rosalina's trapped, though I'm not 100% sure on that one.
Doublenickels (that is a very creepy picture of Hank, btw) already touched on the egg, so I'll talk about the down b and the smashes.

Aerial down b is the stupid **** you see people on FG use. I was only talking about grounded down b. That move is nasty in this matchup. It's especially noob stompy and might even take the better Rosalinas by surprise, as the massive amount of the shield damage, the ability to use it multiple times in rapid succession, and the fact that it kills her very early are very easy to surprise someone with.

As for the smashes, I believe I only mentioned Usmash, which is the worst offender in the matchup. Massive range, incredibly power, little endlag, and Rosalina is both floaty and light so it kills her easy.

You say that dair, uair, and usmash can kill, but all a Yoshi has to do to avoid those moves is to run away and egg to the ledge. We can't do jack squat about that without customs.

Why doesn't Yoshi have any punishable moves? Even his Fair is safe, and it's Mario's Fair ffs.

That isn't saying that Yoshi doesn't have any good tools in this matchup, what you were saying about double jump armor and eggs being good options is right, and the nair combo breaker is always really good against jab combos. But while Yoshi's attacks come out fast, we have a bad neutral game and can't kill that early outside of a really good read. I think this is just a tough matchup that requires a lot of effort from both players. Anyone can feel free to correct me on any of this if I'm wrong though, this is mostly just theorizing based on general knowledge of the characters since I don't have much personal experience at high levels of play.
You could just start tossing out kill moves like no tomorrow (Usmash, Down B, and later Bair and I believe onstage Fair) and Rosalina wouldn't be able to punish them outside of grabs. It's that bad. Rosalina has to get really creative too. Yoshi is still killing Rosalina around 50% lower than she kills him.

Also none of those moves except maybe Fair require a read anymore than any other non-grab killer (like Rosalina's jab). They are just as easy to land if the positioning is correct (obviously you can't Uair someone on the ground).

I'd like to chime in on this Rosalina stuff, since my sparring/double partner happens to main Rosalina.

What Egg. says is probably correct, this matchup requires tremendous effort on both sides. The disjoints on uair and dair for Rosi are absolutely hellish when playing as Yoshi it really limits landing options and uair finishes. As far as egg lay is concerned, while it is true that Luma can protect the egg, as long as you're quick, it's a free upsmash on both Rosi and Luma, even if you're too slow to get it, you've just tacked on 7%. And yes, a smart Rosi player can live awhile vs. Yoshi but a big problem a Rosi player will run into is how to recover, ledge skip on your up B? Bam! Running Upsmash. Try to grab the ledge? Look out, bair is an easy stage spike. Keep in mind her upB has no hitbox so it is pretty easy to toy with her and get a kill off of that.
Yoshi can DJ armor through dairs for uair kills. Why is he scared of them? The rest of that is pretty true. Yoshi just has so many more kill options.

I do agree with with Kaishin on the point about Rosalina being unable to gimp Yoshi, it might happen on a rare occasion, but it isn't likely. However, nairing out of the jab combo from Rosalina is not that easy, it is almost always better to DJ away, but you're right, it's less of a factor than in other MUs. The point I think you may be mistaken in is that part about Yoshi's kill options. Yoshi's have to get creative with kill setups, so they may seem diverse, but remember that these aren't guaranteed setups, most of the kills I get when playing Yoshi are either offstage luck, hard reads or some sort of goofy shenanigans (grab release tomfoolery and on stage spikes into uair/usmash.) especially against Rosi.
Nairing out of jab isn't easy? Why is it I see everyone do it when I give them the chance, then? As for the kill setups, I touched on these above.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
My Rosalina kills are pretty much offstage gimmicks or just Usmash.

He has tons of punishable moves, you just don't know them nor attempt to try finding em. Fair for instance isn't safe on shield at all either.

I'm not disagreeing that Yoshi might beat vanilla rosalina, but 1. He can't DJ through Dair unless it's like the last few frames/weak hit of it and they're both under 0% (so no rage kb increase). The Knockback on that move and Uair is almost obnoxious, our DJ armor is knockback based, Heavy armor.
2. Rosalina can zone away if luma's gone with fairs or nairs, dunno y dabunz is like the only one that goes offstage spamming fair or bair to gimp people since her recovery is amazing in terms of getting back to stage when both aren't on the main platform.

Kaishin

Smash Apprentice
Fair isn't safe on shield? Exactly how do you punish it? Grab doesn't count. Almost everything can be punished with grab. But that won't land kills until like 180. A lot of characters don't even have kill throws. Yoshi's Fair has almost non-existant landing lag despite it being essentially a longer ranged copy of Mario's Fair.

What other punishable moves are we talking here? You know, besides aerial down bs and gratuitous amounts of grabs and you know, all those things a self-respecting Yoshi player wouldn't do.

Rosalina's Fair isn't safe to zone with (lot of endlag + lasts a long time so punishes have time to set up), but while it is still obnoxious to most chars, Yoshi just Fairs through it. Lumaless Nair gets beaten by eggs or DA. I would only throw that out with some very tight spacing and positioning.

I don't know how Dabuz fights Yoshis, but if you can tell me how I can gimp one offstage, I'm all ears. DJ can be fsmashed with some timing because of Rosalina's huge fsmash range (it can also be grabbed), but the eggs are virtually a free recovery. I have never found a way to beat the eggs. Maybe the last few frames of a gravity pull into an attack but by then Yoshi is too close to the edge to punish.

Also, none of you have answered my question about bad Yoshi matchups. Is this some secret in the community?

Last edited:

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
A well spaced fair is hard to punish and doesn't have too much lag if used properly, but it has a decent amount of startup and can be shielded or interrupted before it comes out - it may even get beat out by Rosalina's usmash. You definitely have to respect it, but it's not a flawless move. Also, grounded Down+B is admittedly good against large characters and comes out fast, but Yoshi has to be pretty close to land both hits, and Rosalina never really has to be within that range to land hits on us thanks to disjoints. If we miss the first hit, that's a free punish.

As for kill moves, we can certainly throw out a ton of usmashes and hope that they connect, but against a smart player that strategy is not going to net a kill. Usmash, Down+B, and bair all have reasonable amounts of endlag which can be taken advantage of when you know we're fishing for the kill, and fair doesn't kill until very late onstage, and that's assuming you don't tech it.

I think a few of Yoshi's worse matchups are Sheik and maybe Megaman, though I'd ask someone more involved in the competitive scene for more information.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Why does a grab not count for a punish?
Early percent you can chain your Uthrow into Utilt, Bthrow into Fair etc. And plenty of characters have killing throws, 100% or 180% it'll still kill (especially with rosalina) compared to Yoshi never killing with a throw even at 300+%. Be glad your throws at least kill

Fair has landing lag, especially if it hits a shield. The only way Yoshi gets 0 landing lag from a SH Fair is if he presses both buttons at once and doesn't hit a shield, guaranteed if he hits a shield he should be getting punished cause he gets landing lag since it extends the hit like say hitting smashville's balloon or Castle Siege's statues extending hitboxes.
Mario Fair isn't accurate either cause that sweetspot definitely hits more often than Yoshi's.

Bair regardless if full hop or shorthop, the amount of time it takes for all 3 hits to come out is atrocious for little reward (especially since the move doesn't even properly chain into all the hits reliably). Nair comes out fast but takes another 2 seconds before we can throw another out, Dair incredibly laggy to the point we can't even full hop with it and land on a platform with no lag. At least we can do bair now right....?
If anything, our Uair is our only good and fast one in terms of "0 lag, OP character", even if the landing lag is just 13 frames I think with nair being 11.
Doesn't help nair and dair are small hitboxes that're inside his body so quite easy to counter once the initial frames for nair are gone while dair just throw out any decent sized aerial or grounded move to beat it out. So literally anything, what's the trade off gonna be? 2/3% from one dair hit while he eats an Usmash or an aerial from anyone that definitely will do more than 2/3%

I think it's just people forget they have a L/R button to shield or airdodge all of Yoshi's **** lol.
Lemme stress again though, not saying Yoshi loses to Rosalina. But a lot of people, not just a specific few character boards, have 0 idea how Yoshi works and just think everything about him is safe as if he's prepatch diddy or current Sheik still.

Here's how he tends to fight Yoshi's tho.
Customs on.
Can't say much cause he's in a state and goes too an environment where customs on is the only thing, not blaming him preparing for APEX at the time/EVO but yeah that's why I hate the whole 2 stock 6 minute customs on stuph. Inferior ruleset.

If you were looking for a serious answer on how to handle Yoshi offstage, then just watch to see if he might've wasted DJ during any of your strings or even at all and if he's using egg toss only to get back to the stage than just keep swatting him away with anything but Uair until he uses up ALL 2 OF HIS FANTASTIC EGG HOPS :^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whaMl_yxwi0#t=3m20s
Underestimate silly range of luma, get punished accordingly offstage while having no jump.

We're not 100% sure on Yoshi's bad matchups. On the account that not every board is really actively trying to figure all this out (granted there's really no need too yet), their main concern is just....
Nothing. Maybe tier lists or rulesets is what the community is caring about? Like trying to figure out if they should do goddamn 3 stocks already lol

Me and quite a few others say Sheik is like -2 or -1, but a couple others say "ur all bad, it's not rly that bad. 0/even" Same story for Sonic, a lot of us think it's a -2 but a NJ yoshi apparently beat two sonic mains but one of em got timed out SOMEHOW and the other no idea on when vids will be dropped if any. Just felt like MU inexperience from the Sonic's side.
Another bad one is prolly fox and Mii Brawler. Some been saying Marth and I recall I think Shaya saying that Marth does alright vs Yoshi.

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Chiming in to mention that Yoshi's Down B is not hard to punish. Sure, it hurts if you get hit by both hits, but if you shield the first one, you are NOT locked into shielding the second. After the first hit on shield, you can...

• Roll through him, avoiding both the stars and the second hit, which gives you an opportunity to punish.
  • Roll away, which does the same thing.
  • Spotdodge, which depending on the character, gets through both the second hit and the stars and gives you a free punish.
Now, I'm not sure on Rosalina's frame data, but as long as you shield the first hit of the Down B, you can avoid the second and you'll be okay. Heck, you might even be able to squeeze in an Usmash as a punish.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina main here.

I'm really surprised to see that you guys think Rosalina is negative (and significantly so, at 40:60) when both the Rosalina board and myself think he's her worst matchup.

Why do you guys think that?

With customs it might be true, but I really can't see Rosalina being 60:40 against Yoshi without them. That is a ridiculous notion.

Rosalina gets kills in a lot of different ways, having one of the most diverse movesets in terms of killing options. Yoshi shuts almost all of these down. Usmash and Fsmash are very difficult to land because virtually everything Yoshi does is safe. There's really no punish game outside of grabs, which are very risky at high percents because a Yoshi player can down b without much risk at all and instantly kill a Rosalina attempting to grab.

The big aerial killers are Uair and Dair. Any time Rosalina could possibly land a Luma Dair, Yoshi is either shielding or offstage in his DJ or egging Rosalina and the Luma and knocking them out of that move. Uair is similarly difficult, because Yoshi's air speed is so amazing he can simply flee offstage and start shooting eggs. Rosalina is of course not spiking Yoshi any time soon. Which brings me to my next point:

Yoshi's recovery is virtually ungimpable thanks to his eggs. They stop every single attempt at a punish due to their large hitbox and massive amounts of hitstun. The eggs are bad for her in neutral as well because of said hitstun and the fact that they knock Rosalina quite far into the air as well as the Luma away. Rosalina never wants to be in the air except by her own choosing, because she is defenseless, takes forever to hit the ground, is lumaless, and dies early to Yoshi's usmash. As for punishing them off stage, it might be possible with an amazingly timed gravity pull, but Yoshi just fires those things so fast and if Rosalina so much as looks at them funny, her massive hurtbox insures she gets hit and knocked into the air away from Yoshi.

DJ is also very difficult to gimp, but unlike the eggs it's actually possible with a grab or well-spaced smash. Not gonna comment on it much.

This leaves the Nair and the Jab, which are definitely reliable but don't kill until like 160% due to how heavy Yoshi is. Yoshi is killing Rosalina at about 120 in the worst case scenario.

Yoshi's killers, on the other hand, are very diverse here. Down B parries grabs and instantly kills Rosalina at about 90-120, depending on stage. Fair is the one spike in the game Rosalina actually has to respect, because if challenged it GameStop trades with her own Fair. Usmash is incredibly fast with massive range and Yoshi can slide into it without much fear of a punish because worst comes to worst, he gets grabbed, if that.

Uair is also a fantastic kill move, but killing Rosalina with it isn't much different than killing most other characters, so I won't touch on it much. I will mention, however, that it can't be challenged because it is backed by DJ armor. Not that I would usually, but the option is definitely desirable in many cases.

Yoshi wins neutral with his eggs. Yes, Rosalina can GP them, but that doesn't force Yoshi to approach. Rosalina has one approach in her dash attack (because it ducks under the eggs' trajectory) whereas Yoshi has several (Standard B, Nair, Dair, and especially Fair). Fair hit and runs seem pretty staple here. They are scary and do quite a bit of damage. Nair outprioritizes almost everything. Standard B is a mixup against shields. SH Dair is quite possibly the nastiest, because it's only punish outside of a grab is Usmash before it lands, but that rarely, if ever, happens because Dair hits Rosalina before the hitbox reaches Yoshi (or before it even comes out, sometimes). It also breaks shields.

Rosalina's damage racking moves are rendered a lot less useful against Yoshi. I won't touch too much on them but because he's floaty he's hard to combo and can get away easily. But he's heavy, like Samus, so there is a huge need to get his percentage up there. Of particular note is his Nair: it's nasty for escaping the jab combo, because it insures that Rosalina only gets 8 or 9 damage (as opposed to say, 20, like with most chars). If Yoshi is too high during the start of the jab, he can punish Rosalina before she finishes as well.

I could keep going on but I feel like I've scratched the surface enough and will wait for a response first. But this is really an awful matchup for Rosalina. Almost all of her kill options are shut down and it's difficult to rack up damage on Yoshi due to how hard he is punish and how floaty he is, and in contrast he gets free reign Yoshi'ing all over the place.

Edit: Also, besides apparently Rosalina, who do you think Yoshi's worst matchups are against? Certainly you guys have played enough of him to know that, even if the matchup chart isn't completely (or even halfway) filled out.
--
Aerial down b is the stupid **** you see people on FG use. I was only talking about grounded down b. That move is nasty in this matchup. It's especially noob stompy and might even take the better Rosalinas by surprise, as the massive amount of the shield damage, the ability to use it multiple times in rapid succession, and the fact that it kills her very early are very easy to surprise someone with.

As for the smashes, I believe I only mentioned Usmash, which is the worst offender in the matchup. Massive range, incredibly power, little endlag, and Rosalina is both floaty and light so it kills her easy.

You say that dair, uair, and usmash can kill, but all a Yoshi has to do to avoid those moves is to run away and egg to the ledge. We can't do jack squat about that without customs.

Why doesn't Yoshi have any punishable moves? Even his Fair is safe, and it's Mario's Fair ffs.

You could just start tossing out kill moves like no tomorrow (Usmash, Down B, and later Bair and I believe onstage Fair) and Rosalina wouldn't be able to punish them outside of grabs. It's that bad. Rosalina has to get really creative too. Yoshi is still killing Rosalina around 50% lower than she kills him.

Also none of those moves except maybe Fair require a read anymore than any other non-grab killer (like Rosalina's jab). They are just as easy to land if the positioning is correct (obviously you can't Uair someone on the ground).

Yoshi can DJ armor through dairs for uair kills. Why is he scared of them? The rest of that is pretty true. Yoshi just has so many more kill options.

Nairing out of jab isn't easy? Why is it I see everyone do it when I give them the chance, then? As for the kill setups, I touched on these above.
vs DarkMusician :rosalina:

Yoshi does not win this matchup. I would consider him to solidly be -1, or maybe leaning towards -2 against Rosalina. Yoshi's arsenal is far from being virtually safe as you like to point out. Fair is safe on shield if SH'd properly, but more often than not we will get punished by a shielded grab.

Our down b is not as great as you think, Delta pointed out its weakness above. It is a move that is simply too slow to reliably use in neutral. It also is a move with tremendous end lag, so any whiffed down B will be punished freely.

If we are tossing out kill moves left and right, there is no way not to get punished for it. Usmash, fsmash, down b, bair all have a decent end lag which any competent player will capitalize on. Fishing for any sort of kill move constantly will easily backfire.

Yoshi will not be hitting Rosa anytime soon while in the air. Rosa's aerial options outclass yoshi's by quite a bit. While we do have nair, and I guess an annoying dair, Rosa with or without luma has Uair/Dair, Fair, and Nair to prevent yoshi from going for any sort of followups. Sure I we can heavy armor through the Rosa dair, but more likely than not Rosa out prioritizes us with her aerials.

I agree that eggs are an important tool to win the neutral for yoshi, but Rosa's GP negates it quite handily. Even without GP, she can run up with Luma as her shield then shield herself too. Anytime yoshi goes in the air for a SH egg toss, that is when he is at a disadvantage, you simply dash toward underneath the egg and dash attack/grab because of the considerable end lag on eggs. We lose considerable stage control if egg toss gets countered by the rosa.

For customs, Luma star bits and luma warp dramatically increase her offensive and defensive potential. We benefit little from customs, our default neutral B will not help, while Egg launch* is marginally better to obtain stage control.

Rosa's jabs, tilts, and even smashes disrupt Yoshi's neutral game. We cannot just throw out any move and expect trades to go in our favor, Rosa quite easily pushes her offensive and defensive pressure. She is an incredible wall with or without luma, and she beats yoshi on the ground and in the air. We are not +2 against her, and a lot of us agree that she is an unfavorable MU for yoshi.

Last edited:
NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
Same story for Sonic, a lot of us think it's a -2 but a NJ yoshi apparently beat two sonic mains but one of em got timed out SOMEHOW and the other no idea on when vids will be dropped if any. Just felt like MU inexperience from the Sonic's side.
That reminds me. I did almost time out a Sonic once, and I think I understand why now. It kinda just played out like I would stay away from him and he wouldn't approach until he realized he had to. If he did spin dash I would wait in shield if he ran at me I would jump away to a platform. I think this can actually work for 2 reasons. First of all our aerials are better (imo anyway) and second of all we're faster than him in the air. If we stay away from the ground how can he chase us reliably? He has to use aerials, go on to a platform, use neutral B, up smash or wait for us. We should be able to deal with all of these options by either running away again (eg. different platform), punishing an unsafe option, taking stage control (having him above us) or waiting. So what are all your thoughts? I think we might be able to deal with Sonic by platform camping. The match would probably end up being dictated by who has a % lead. As far as killing goes, he can't grab us in the air. :^) I think it'd be tough on both ends.

edit: changed redundant wording. >.>

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
As pessimistic as I am, I cannot agree that Rosalina beats us. Unless your entire wall of text was customs on, then I can see our +1 against her going down to 50:50 or even 45:55.

Watching your set it just seemed like you focused too much to camp her out for some reason instead of being aggressive and in her face the entire time, which she doesn't like.
Along with the fact you didn't use enough DA to kill luma easily or take chances you had when it was in tumble animation/away from her to kill it.

That and Duck Hunt is a horrible stage for Yoshi, dunno why you counterpicked to that. In the first 20 seconds of that DH match, you threw 10 eggs and 5 moves alone, why tho....
Yeah her aerials are stupid, but then why do you keep challenging them? Why a camp oriented style that's barely working while trying to beat out her aerials with stuff like dair or nair.

Just seems like you don't know the MU all too well. And even then, that match was still incredibly close.

Last edited:

Kaishin

Smash Apprentice
vs DarkMusician :rosalina:

Yoshi does not win this matchup. I would consider him to solidly be -1, or maybe leaning towards -2 against Rosalina. Yoshi's arsenal is far from being virtually safe as you like to point out. Fair is safe on shield if SH'd properly, but more often than not we will get punished by a shielded grab.
That was with customs. I don't know why he barely used luma warp but yeah, luma shot makes this a lot better. But my arguments were without customs. Even then, half of the time Rosalina traded with Yoshi's eggs (side b has a surprising amount of lag), which is a win for Yoshi because he weighs a lot more.

Also, you started challenging Rosalina's aerials at the worst times. Of note was the last kill of the first game.

I hate to be that guy but that player won because he was better. That guy's Rosalina was on point.

Our down b is not as great as you think, Delta pointed out its weakness above. It is a move that is simply too slow to reliably use in neutral. It also is a move with tremendous end lag, so any whiffed down B will be punished freely.
Unless your definition of tremendous endlag is "punishable by any move whatsoever" it does not have "tremendous endlag". Unless you want to tell me that there is enough time for me to spot dodge both the second hit AND the stars and then usmash you, it's pretty safe. Grabs don't count. I touched on grabs earlier in the thread and as well as below.

If we are tossing out kill moves left and right, there is no way not to get punished for it. Usmash, fsmash, down b, bair all have a decent end lag which any competent player will capitalize on. Fishing for any sort of kill move constantly will easily backfire.
With the exception of bair which is punishable by a Rosa usmash (because she ducks so low), none of these are punishable by anything other than a grab. This is generally difficult to do because there are several locations Yoshi can land on the ground thanks to his amazing air speed. And we're back to the grabs. Keep reading, you'll reach that part eventually.

Yoshi will not be hitting Rosa anytime soon while in the air. Rosa's aerial options outclass yoshi's by quite a bit. While we do have nair, and I guess an annoying dair, Rosa with or without luma has Uair/Dair, Fair, and Nair to prevent yoshi from going for any sort of followups. Sure I we can heavy armor through the Rosa dair, but more likely than not Rosa out prioritizes us with her aerials.
Maybe you're right. But then this is probably a sign you should just stay on the ground and toss up eggs, which will most likely hit us even if we airdodge due to hitbox shenanigans (egg hitboxes = Rosalina hitboxes = very large). At that point, you can then aerial us when we get stuck in the endlag of a GP. Most likely you will continue throwing eggs because the Rosalina player must reset to neutral by jumping away. You then get a lot of stage control.

Yoshi really doesn't need follow ups when he can just egg any Rosalina out of the sky. If they're too high to egg, then just stay on the ground. They either have to reset to neutral (which Yoshi wins) or attempt to attack you somehow. There are no empty jump grabs with a character that floaty so you can just shield and punish.

I can't stress enough how bad those eggs are for Rosalina. If they touch the Luma they hit Rosalina too.

Btw, a couple things.

Our fair isn't safe to space with. It has decent amounts of endlag and takes forever to finish. If you see someone toss that out in neutral and they're close enough, DA them. Most probably just hit a wrong button.

Despite having one of the best dairs in the game, by nature of it being a dair it can generally be challenged by a usmash or uair if I'm using it onstage. Both of Yoshi's will kill. We don't want to trade with them anyway unless Yoshi would somehow die (not until ~120ish side stage, if that). Also, if we flat out miss you can DA us. If we hit your shield you just nair OoS or, more likely, usmash. Like I said, no empty jump grabs here.

Generally speaking a Rosalina player almost never dairs into grounded opponents or even Yoshis that are airborne below. It can net kills sure but it's generally unsafe and should only be used as a mixup. Why the hell would I take a risk like that without some serious reward? The last kill of the first matchup is an example of an appropriate dair because she could kill there if it landed and you couldn't if you landed the uair.

In any case, any aerial loses to egg. Egg beats everything. It has so much priority and such massive splash damage it takes a Jiggly side b to tink with it and not get hit. It eats through all of Rosalina's aerials flawlessly and it has a ton of hitstun. You really cannot overstate how good of a move Yoshi's up b is. It's his best move and Rosalina can't challenge it with anything in her arsenal. She can only go around it.

I agree that eggs are an important tool to win the neutral for yoshi, but Rosa's GP negates it quite handily. Even without GP, she can run up with Luma as her shield then shield herself too. Anytime yoshi goes in the air for a SH egg toss, that is when he is at a disadvantage, you simply dash toward underneath the egg and dash attack/grab because of the considerable end lag on eggs. We lose considerable stage control if egg toss gets countered by the rosa.
In order for a GP to be converted into a punish other than a dash attack, it has to be done before you throw your next egg. The effect of the GP sticks around for a brief moment after Rosalina regains control, but the move itself lasts a long time (longer than the egg toss, at least) so this is risky. And this only works when close. I don't want to be doing anything other than shielding against a Yoshi SH Fair. DA is all we have here, and that generally only hits because the eggs are spaced badly.

Considerable end lag on eggs, huh? You can definitely toss enough in rapid succession (seen at 1:31) to keep us at bay. Rosalina only hit you because you didn't throw one upwards.

The stage control thing is definitely true, but how hard is it for a Yoshi player (who is now in the air from the DA) to just float to the other side of the stage and grab ledge? Much like defensive Yoshi is bad, Rosalina in neutral is also bad. As soon as you make a reset and gain some distance the process starts all over again.

For customs, Luma star bits and luma warp dramatically increase her offensive and defensive potential. We benefit little from customs, our default neutral B will not help, while Egg lay is marginally better to obtain stage control.
No argument here. But I talked about this above.

Rosa's jabs, tilts, and even smashes disrupt Yoshi's neutral game. We cannot just throw out any move and expect trades to go in our favor, Rosa quite easily pushes her offensive and defensive pressure. She is an incredible wall with or without luma, and she beats yoshi on the ground and in the air. We are not +2 against her, and a lot of us agree that she is an unfavorable MU for yoshi.
She does not beat Yoshi on the ground. Your dash attack instantly takes out Luma and unless Rosalina is near the edge a properly spaced one sends you too far past her to do anything with. I don't even think we can grab before you spot dodge. Even if we can grab we can't do anything else. I can't stress this enough: Rosalina can't win this match by doing nothing but grabs. We have to somehow kill Yoshi sub 120 consistently in order to keep up. For reference, the general kill percentage for a Yoshi is in the 170-180 range outside of a lucky punish.

You can safely SH Fair us and we can't do jack about it except for a possible usmash. If you even so much as soft read an usmash to attempt to punish that you convert into a Luma kill via the DA or at higher percents simply slide into your own usmash, which kills at around 100, I believe.

If we are close to the edge SH dair is safe as you simply fall off and double jump back. SH dair is actually normally safe because it breaks shields and even usmash can't beat it (it eats through usmash). It also does around 20 to 30 damage. In the case that we dodge Yoshi goes so far that we can't punish with any kill moves, again.

In comparison, thanks to Yoshi's floatiness, Rosalina isn't hitting him for more than about 10 to 15 damage at a time. The jab combo is one of Rosalina's best moves and it does jack against Yoshi. I will admit that this is where grabs come into play since they do quite a bit of damage, but they're grabs and they have limitations.

Yoshi has a ton of combos in this matchup as well. They aren't true combos but the Rosalina player HAS to run away to avoid them. DA hits? That's an unpunishable usmash or uair that we have to run away from. Rosalina's dair isn't so scary when it doesn't have a luma attached (it spikes, but that's it).

The Yoshi player that plays safe and knows the matchup well will destroy any opposing Rosalina outside of a sufficient skill difference.

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Usmash, fsmash, down b, bair all have a decent end lag which any competent player will capitalize on. Fishing for any sort of kill move constantly will easily backfire.
With the exception of bair which is punishable by a Rosa usmash (because she ducks so low), none of these are punishable by anything other than a grab. This is generally difficult to do because there are several locations Yoshi can land on the ground thanks to his amazing air speed. And we're back to the grabs. Keep reading, you'll reach that part eventually.
Let's consult the frame data! Threads referenced:

http://smashboards.com/threads/yoshi-frame-and-misc-data-thread-wip.391441/
http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalina-and-lumas-frame-data.383688/

Forward Smash / F-Smash / FSmash / Side Smash (normal)
Frame 14-14: 15.5% 30b/ 98g 361°
Frame 14-14: 14% 30b/ 97g 361°
Frame 14-14: 13% 30b/ 97g 361°
Duration: 52

Frames between last active hitbox and end of move: 38

Up Smash / UpSmash / U-Smash / Usmash
Frame 11-13: 14% 37b/95g 75°
Frame 14-16: 12% 37b/95g 75°
Duration: 46

Frames between last active hitbox and end of move: 30

Down Special(1): Yoshi Bomb (ground)
Frame 7- 7: 4% 100f/80w 80° 0.5-Hitlag Ground-Target-Only
Frame 27-28: 15%(+10) 60b/72g 80° 0.7-Hitlag
Duration: 73

Yoshi Bomb Star
Frame 3-12: 4%(+6) 50b/40g 50°

Assuming the stars activate on frame 27 (that'd be when Yoshi hits the ground), the move has active hitboxes up until frame 39.

Frames between last active hitbox and end of move: 34

Back Air / B-Air / Bair
Frame 11-11: 2.5% 30b/200g 365° 2.0-Hitlag Aerial-Target-Only
Frame 11-11: 2.5% 50b/150g 361° 2.0-Hitlag Ground-Target-Only
Frame 17-17: 2.5% 30b/200g 365° 2.0-Hitlag Aerial-Target-Only
Frame 17-17: 2.5% 50b/150g 361° 2.0-Hitlag Ground-Target-Only
Frame 25-26: 5% 30b/184g 54° 2.0-Hitlag
Enables transition to Bair landing state (landing lag) on real frame 11
Cancels transition to Bair landing state (landing lag) on real frame 44
Landing Lag: 19
Duration: 55

Frames between last active hitbox and end of move: 29

Assuming we autocancel PERFECTLY, this gets dropped to 18.

Naturally, the punish window for Bair is harder because we can move during it.

So, in conclusion, all of our "kill moves" have about 30 (usually more) frames of punishable endlag. That's at least half a second to punish Yoshi hard!

Let's look at Rosy's Usmash, since that's one of her kill moves:

U-smash
Frame 8-16: 12% 45b/1080g 86°
Smash charge window on real frame 4
Begins partial invincibility on real frame 7
End partial invincibility on real frame 17

The hitbox comes out on Frame 8. Luma's comes out on Frame 9.

So you have, on Bair, assuming a perfect auto cancel from the time of the last hitbox, 10 frames to get into position and start an Usmash. Realistically speaking, you probably have more time than this.

On Down B, you can roll away from the second hit or whatever, and then you have 34 frames to hit Yoshi after the stars vanish. That's 26 frames to run in and Usmash.

Against Usmash, you have 22 frames to start an Usmash.

Against Fsmash, you have 30 frames to start an Usmash.

Yoshi is by no means unpunishable. Look at this frame data! This SCREAMS punish me!

I'll admit to not knowing how this frame data will work out with shields. Maybe you can't punish a Bair on shield. But the rest of this stuff? I'm positive 20 (or more) frames are enough to get an Usmash in.

This is one of Yoshi's weaknesses. He struggles in last hit scenarios. He can't setup his kill moves and if he fails to connect with one he SHOULD get killed in response. The frame data just does not work out in his favor.

Kaishin

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I can't argue with the frame data, but I have excruciating difficulty punishing a lot of Yoshi's moves. There are many other people who complain about how everything Yoshi does is safe. I'm sure you guys have seen or heard it. I've even talked to ESAM in tourney and even he thought that everything Yoshi did was safe.

All of that has to be founded on something, so I must be missing a piece of the puzzle. I'm gonna put this on hold until I can find time to play one of you. It def won't be today, since my weekly is in... 5 minutes. >_>

P.S. What do these numbers [45b/1080g] mean? Those are taken from Rosalina's usmash data but I see them in all of the attacks.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Alright, I can't argue with the frame data, but I have excruciating difficulty punishing a lot of Yoshi's moves. There are many other people who complain about how everything Yoshi does is safe. I'm sure you guys have seen or heard it. I've even talked to ESAM in tourney and even he thought that everything Yoshi did was safe.

All of that has to be founded on something, so I must be missing a piece of the puzzle. I'm gonna put this on hold until I can find time to play one of you. It def won't be today, since my weekly is in... 5 minutes. >_>

P.S. What do these numbers [45b/1080g] mean? Those are taken from Rosalina's usmash data but I see them in all of the attacks.
You just need to become familiar with Yoshi and what his lag looks like. The lag is there, trust me. The problem is that if you're too slow he has a lot of fast options that he can throw out to punish your late punish attempt. This makes him SEEM very fast, but he's really not. We hear a lot about people saying Yoshi is a ball of lagless, fast, hardhitting hitboxes with ridiculous reward, but it's simply not true. I'm not sure where ESAM gets that opinion from, but it's wrong. Maybe he should git gud.

Those numbers refer to knockback, I believe. b = base knockback. g = knockback growth.

As for what those numbers actually mean, I have no clue.

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
FWIW, I'm starting to come to the conclusion from reading other boards that Yoshi's just a noob killer.

There's a lot of whining from almost every board that he's "mister safe" but then I see the same people talking about rolling and fishing for kills. On the other hand, he's yet to place in the top positions in a major tourney and the better players don't really say much of anything about him.

Yoshi thrives in finding and exploiting opponent weaknesses and doesn't really follow any particular flowchart. This really throws off weak players as his quick speed lets him punish mistakes that people can get away with when they tend to play only against characters with weak punishes (Sheik) or are usually slow (Gannon, half the stuff you see on FG), but when you find someone who adapts quickly or doesn't leave openings it quickly turns against Yoshi as he just doesn't have a single solid game to play, especially when trying to land the kill.

It is true Yoshi jumps several places in lag because his endlag can be just enough to where a Yoshi throwing out attacks can set up unintentional traps (not saying any names, but...), but even online most higher level Yoshi's eventually find themselves in a situation where the lag isn't covering our mistakes and we quickly lose. This is partially why I think we hear all this "Yoshi OP" stuff but don't even see him online anymore he's initially easy to get lucky but the luck quickly dries up and people moved onto easier characters.

I've always wanted to know what the break down of "Yoshi OP" and "Yoshi really balanced" falls in terms of online versus offline play. A number of characters people think are high tier--especially the fast punish characters like Yoshi or Ness--are only really up there based on online play. But no one wants to study the effect of lag to try and compensate.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
A lot of us in our skype group have been saying for many months he beats on scrubs, while I been preaching to the choir in multiple places about Yoshi since the Wii U release.

Baconbasket

Smash Cadet
NNID
Breadbasket
3DS FC
4700-0743-8775
(I don't know if I'm completely changing the subject, but here it goes.)

My best friend and I play together quite a bit. He's a Wii Fit Trainer main and he almost NEVER loses. I always think that character is just made for this guy. He's always patient, calm, and in any fighting game, he never ceases to go with the defensive characters.

I can beat him with almost anyone else he uses, but as soon as he goes into WFT, it's over. Does anyone have any input on what I can do to have an easier time against him?

Also, I've been hearing that there's a Yoshi Skype group, and would like to be in it, if that's okay. (Skype: thebacons000)

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
As pessimistic as I am, I cannot agree that Rosalina beats us. Unless your entire wall of text was customs on, then I can see our +1 against her going down to 50:50 or even 45:55.

Watching your set it just seemed like you focused too much to camp her out for some reason instead of being aggressive and in her face the entire time, which she doesn't like.
Along with the fact you didn't use enough DA to kill luma easily or take chances you had when it was in tumble animation/away from her to kill it.

That and Duck Hunt is a horrible stage for Yoshi, dunno why you counterpicked to that. In the first 20 seconds of that DH match, you threw 10 eggs and 5 moves alone, why tho....
Yeah her aerials are stupid, but then why do you keep challenging them? Why a camp oriented style that's barely working while trying to beat out her aerials with stuff like dair or nair.

Just seems like you don't know the MU all too well. And even then, that match was still incredibly close.
Thank you slush for the constructive criticism. I only pointed out with customs on because it is relevant for my state and the fact that a lot of people are heading to EVO. The matchup is less annoying without customs, and I implore you to take a look at how much Rosa benefits from shooting star bits and luma warp.

Really I think its my playstyle, I throw out too many eggs it seems against a lot of my opponents sometimes. For this particular player, he is well versed in Rosa and even since Brawl days gave me plenty of trouble. DA is one of yoshis best tools to get Luma knocked away thats for sure, but the problem with it is that it is easily choreographed and while it may hit Luma, Rosa can still shield through it and punish afterwards.

I honestly do not know where to CP Rosa to, SV and T&C I think are more in her favor because the moving platforms save Luma more than I'd like it to lol. I just like DH because FD got banned, and is a usual CP for me.
What are your suggestions to CP to?

It is a MU I need work on, because what do we have against her in neutral? We've already discussed that fair is not particularly reliable to approach with along with our drawn out nair and dair.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I just throw eggs at her or raw DA's till luma is knocked away, even if she punishes me when I'm under 30% what's the worst she's gonna do? My DA will at least possibly hit the luma offstage while eggs hit luma even while she's shielding 8/10 of the time in neutral.

As for stages, big roomy stages for Yoshi to work with while there being no platforms. BF is prolly one of her better stages, dunno Hawaii's ruleset but Skyloft Lylat might be good. Sure lylat has low platforms that benefit rosalina but at least not as much as BF's do.

As for Luma star bit in customs, there was a decent quote on it. It's called falco laser but all it does is a bit more damage and not like she can follow up on it like brawl falco could. Otherwise what makes this MU dumb is Luma warp.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
In neutral I'd recommend SH Egg Tossing until Luma is dead or until she starts using Gravitation Pull to deal with them. If we SH ET and she starts trying to use Down B to answer it, you can just drift towards her with the egg and punish. If she opts to shield, just wait until Luma dies.

/theory

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Wrong thread lol ignore this post

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To all Yoshi users out there, the Rosalina sub-forum has a match-up discussion thread all set up to analyze Rosalina's match-up against Yoshi. Got anything to share for the Rosalina vs. Yoshi match-up? Then head to the following thread link...

http://smashboards.com/threads/404697/

In terms of the rules, be sure to go to the directory thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/404194/

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Howdy dinosaurs! The doggy boards are discussing this MU and would love your input!

Click these lil cuties to go straight to the boards!

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Discussing Yoshi again?
I'll edit this thread later today or tomorrow.
We re-organized our MU threads, so we are in the process of re-discussing MU's to gain a better idea of scores.

...I promise baby mario won't be there.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Updated thread cause boring morning.
Lucario ness Rosalina again and Duck Hunt heads added, click em to be directed to their threads etc. etc.

Spirst

Mewtwo boards will be going over Yoshi as part of this weeks matchup discussion. In the interest of avoiding biases and getting discussion going from both parties, I'm inviting you all to try and contribute what you can.

:4mewtwo: <- Click to Teleport to the MU thread.

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
When I play my friend, I find wins most of the time. He uses Marth. I mostly use Yoshi. I dont have a Wii U yet so I cant practice. I mostly use the stuff I know from Brawl to get a feel of the game.
What bothers me is he wins most of the time. I'm much better then him in Melee, though when it comes to Wii U its different.

I find that he abuses the dash cancel Up smash, tippers and edge guarding. I win sometimes with Yoshi with spacing and trying to throw eggs as a spacing move while spacing. Though he still finds ways to win. I find I'm better on paper during a match(better spacing, more hits landed ect), but agaisnt marth it doesnt matter. Marth has a cheap smash which can kill at very low percents with a tipper, and his counter is ridiculously OP as well (specially compared to Melee and Brawl).
I also always find myself going into his Shield breaker neutral B special, which then translates to a free kill for him. I always instinct put my shield when i hear and see the sword charge up, which makes me get shield broke.

Any tips to improve? What are Yoshi strongest moves and how to play against Marth.

Thanks

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
When I play my friend, I find wins most of the time. He uses Marth. I mostly use Yoshi. I dont have a Wii U yet so I cant practice. I mostly use the stuff I know from Brawl to get a feel of the game.
What bothers me is he wins most of the time. I'm much better then him in Melee, though when it comes to Wii U its different.

I find that he abuses the dash cancel Up smash, tippers and edge guarding. I win sometimes with Yoshi with spacing and trying to throw eggs as a spacing move while spacing. Though he still finds ways to win. I find I'm better on paper during a match(better spacing, more hits landed ect), but agaisnt marth it doesnt matter. Marth has a cheap smash which can kill at very low percents with a tipper, and his counter is ridiculously OP as well (specially compared to Melee and Brawl).
I also always find myself going into his Shield breaker neutral B special, which then translates to a free kill for him. I always instinct put my shield when i hear and see the sword charge up, which makes me get shield broke.

Any tips to improve? What are Yoshi strongest moves and how to play against Marth.

Thanks
Merged with the general MU discussion thread.

The problems you look like you're having seem to be pretty personal, and a lot of what I can tell you can be summed up with "get better".

As far as "doing better on paper", that helps, but what really matters is how the punishments add up. It sounds like he's punishing you much more than you're punishing him (you're getting edge guarded, tippered, shield broken, etc), which means that he's getting HUGE rewards which more than make up for the fact that you're landing more poke moves in Neutral. To make up for this, I advise that you maximize your punishment game against Marth. This involves learning how to best trap him, and how to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF COUNTER.

Marth's counter is preeeeeetty good in this game, but it still suffers from one HUGE flaw. If it's baited or it misses, he gets punished, big time. It sounds like you're getting beat out by counter a lot. Try holding a charge on a smash, or baiting it out then grabbing, or just grabbing, or something. Counter WILL stuff you if you're too aggressive, so learn to respect the option. If you're trying to juggle him with Uair, know that he can't possibly REACT to Uair with counter, so try to jump at him, see if he counters, and if he does, wait then punish. If he doesn't counter, you should be able to Uair him for free (other options like airdodge notwithstanding).

As for shield breaker, all I can say is get in the habit of not shielding the move. Not too helpful, but that's all you can really do. Know that it can't destroy your full shield while uncharged, so you don't need to worry as much if you have a full shield. Otherwise, try spotdodging more against Marth. His hitboxes don't really last very long, so spotdodging is usually acceptable as a defensive option here.

DragN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jjaneck1
3DS FC
3523-2929-6445
I usually just get all up in his face so his stupid tippers can't hit me. I find that as long as u don't get hit by the tip of his shield breaker and if it isn't fully charged, you shouldn't get ur egg cracked. Stick to him like butter on bread. Bait those counters and whack him good. Use egg lay to nullify his counter if ya have to. Or toss an egg at him. Airdodge through his sword swings as you're recovering.

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Merged with the general MU discussion thread.

The problems you look like you're having seem to be pretty personal, and a lot of what I can tell you can be summed up with "get better".

As far as "doing better on paper", that helps, but what really matters is how the punishments add up. It sounds like he's punishing you much more than you're punishing him (you're getting edge guarded, tippered, shield broken, etc), which means that he's getting HUGE rewards which more than make up for the fact that you're landing more poke moves in Neutral. To make up for this, I advise that you maximize your punishment game against Marth. This involves learning how to best trap him, and how to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF COUNTER.

Marth's counter is preeeeeetty good in this game, but it still suffers from one HUGE flaw. If it's baited or it misses, he gets punished, big time. It sounds like you're getting beat out by counter a lot. Try holding a charge on a smash, or baiting it out then grabbing, or just grabbing, or something. Counter WILL stuff you if you're too aggressive, so learn to respect the option. If you're trying to juggle him with Uair, know that he can't possibly REACT to Uair with counter, so try to jump at him, see if he counters, and if he does, wait then punish. If he doesn't counter, you should be able to Uair him for free (other options like airdodge notwithstanding).

As for shield breaker, all I can say is get in the habit of not shielding the move. Not too helpful, but that's all you can really do. Know that it can't destroy your full shield while uncharged, so you don't need to worry as much if you have a full shield. Otherwise, try spotdodging more against Marth. His hitboxes don't really last very long, so spotdodging is usually acceptable as a defensive option here.
Sorry it was in the wrong section. Thanks for the info! The thing is I have a melee mind set. Therefore I'm very aggressive which make get punished like you said. I forget that Smash 4 is more of a defense game. Anyways, your right about the sheild breaker neutral B move for Marth. I actually have not shielded the last few times. In fact, its better to take the hit of try to roll away or spot dodge it. Cause broken Shield is basically a free stock.

Thanks again.

I usually just get all up in his face so his stupid tippers can't hit me. I find that as long as u don't get hit by the tip of his shield breaker and if it isn't fully charged, you shouldn't get ur egg cracked. Stick to him like butter on bread. Bait those counters and whack him good. Use egg lay to nullify his counter if ya have to. Or toss an egg at him. Airdodge through his sword swings as you're recovering.
Thank You! I air dodge a lot to avoid his aerials. I just need to learn to DI away from counter and upsmash and tippers. Like you said, its better to stay close-ish and play smart with good options.

Last edited:

sRocky

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thetoontoon55
3DS FC
3265-5186-8696
These are just my thoughts on the Yoshi Match-Ups based on my experiences of playing Smash 4 Since I am a Yoshi Main. I have used Yoshi since a few weeks after the Launch of the 3DS Version. Feel free to disagree and give your opinions. I will be using the format of the ssbwiki as well as no customs.

-3 = Large Disadvantage
-2 = Disadvantage
-1 = Slight Disadvantage
0 = Even
+1 = Slight Advantage
+2 = Advantage
+3 = Large Advantage
M = Mirror Match
NE = Not Enough Experience

:4mario:+1 :4luigi:+1 :4peach:NE :4bowser:+2 :4yoshi:M :rosalina:0 :4bowserjr:+2 :4wario:+1 :4gaw:+2

:4dk:+3 :4diddy:0 :4link:+1 :4zelda:+3 :4sheik:-1 :4ganondorf:-1 :4tlink:0 :4samus:+1 :4zss:-1

:4pit:+1 :4palutena:0 :4marth:+1 :4myfriends:+2 :4robinm:+1 :4kirby:0 :4dedede:+2 :4metaknight:+1 :4littlemac:-1

:4fox:-1 :4falco:+2 :4pikachu:0 :4charizard:+2 :4lucario:-1 :4jigglypuff:-1 :4greninja:-2 :4duckhunt:+3 :4rob:0

:4ness:+2 :4falcon:+1 :4villager:+1 :4olimar:NE :4wiifit:NE :4drmario:+2 :4darkpit:+1 :4lucina:-1

:4shulk:+1 :4pacman:+1 :4megaman:+2 :4sonic:0 :4mewtwo:+2 :4lucas:NE :4feroy:NE :4ryu:-1 :4miibrawl:NE :4miigun:+1 :4miisword:+2

If you are wondering why Marth and Lucina are different It is because my friend Mains Lucina and I can barely beat him yet when I face Marth's online they rarely succeed.

Again, Feel free to disagree.

Last edited:

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
If you are wondering why Marth and Lucina are different It is because my friend Mains Lucina and I can barely beat him yet when I face Marth's online they rarely succeed.

Again, Feel free to disagree.
With pleasure. Has your friend used Marth? The characters aren't different enough to warrant such a huge gap like that. If anything Lucina would be better for us than Marth due to the lack of tipper, imo.

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
On what universe does Yoshi lose to Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Lucina, and Little Mac?

Top Bottom